PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Rubio Signs 4-yr/$55+ Million Extension

BatManu20
10-31-2014, 07:42 PM
What is happening in the NBA right now tbh..

lefty
10-31-2014, 07:43 PM
not too much

Brunodf
10-31-2014, 07:44 PM
:lmao

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2014, 07:45 PM
what in the fuck.....

jimbo
10-31-2014, 07:47 PM
:lol

Scrubs like this don't deserve the money from the new CBA. It should go to the real superstars who carry the league. Problem is I can't think of a good way to actually do that. If you just raise the max salary shit teams are gonna overpay mediocre players even worse than they currently do.

Although it would be funny watching shit teams fuck themselves into cap oblivion over Thompson/Hayward/Parsons/Kiwi/Irving level players with 20+ mil contracts.

Venti Quattro
10-31-2014, 07:49 PM
:lmao :lmao And yet the owners keep on bitching about the CBA

resistanze
10-31-2014, 07:52 PM
:lmao :lmao And yet the owners keep on bitching about the CBA

This. They'll cry in the next CBA that they need more of a share.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Rubio is a 5-7 Million dollar max..

But it's Minnesota..You pay for the skin Color.

Killakobe81
10-31-2014, 07:56 PM

Scrubs like this don't deserve the money from the new CBA. It should go to the real superstars who carry the league. Problem is I can't think of a good way to actually do that. If you just raise the max salary shit teams are gonna overpay mediocre players even worse than they currently do.

Although it would be funny watching shit teams fuck themselves into cap oblivion over Thompson/Hayward/Parsons/Kiwi/Irving level players with 20+ mil contracts.

Not sure what the fix is but Duncan Pay and Dirk took less for this? LeBron making only a bit more than Klay and less than Kobe?

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 08:03 PM
damn we need another lockout, these owners/gms still havnt learnt shit

Venti Quattro
10-31-2014, 08:05 PM
damn we need another lockout, these owners/gms still havnt learnt shit

What these stupid owners need are lessons in financial prudence. Two lock-outs haven't solved anything. You think a third one is gonna do shit?

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2014, 08:09 PM
What these stupid owners need are lessons in financial prudence. Two lock-outs haven't solved anything. You think a third one is gonna do shit?

Whats your suggestion

Splits
10-31-2014, 08:15 PM
:lmao one of the worst starters in the league making $14/year? gtfo

HI-FI
10-31-2014, 08:21 PM
not worth that money but a very likeable player, seems to be happy there so this is a Gordon Hayward type of deal.

Chinook
10-31-2014, 08:22 PM

Not sure what the fix is but Duncan Pay and Dirk took less for this? LeBron making only a bit more than Klay and less than Kobe?

Money should go to role-players on good teams. Those guys carry the load a lot more than people realize. No way you stop bad teams from giving out big deals to their mediocre players, though. Look at Utah. They may be over the cap next year for the terrible team they have.

baseline bum
10-31-2014, 08:31 PM
LOL the idiots upstairs who think the Spurs are signing Leonard for $14 million a season when a piece of shit like Rubio is getting paid that. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 08:32 PM
not worth that money but a very likeable player, seems to be happy there so this is a Gordon Hayward type of deal.

so why hasnt the spurs repaid the same loyalty to kawhi? or his replaceable, FO think they can find another bowen replacement? how did that do for them b4 kawhis arrival since bowens retirement date

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 08:34 PM
LOL the idiots upstairs who think the Spurs are signing Leonard for $14 million a season when a piece of shit like Rubio is getting paid that. :lol

puttin up with their bullshit upstairs and the idiots on other forums who still claim kawhi is a system player...

those same fkn turds still cant give me a reply name me a system player who can hold his own against the elite wingman of the league while still producing above seasonal avgs....

HI-FI
10-31-2014, 08:40 PM
so why hasnt the spurs repaid the same loyalty to kawhi? or his replaceable, FO think they can find another bowen replacement? how did that do for them b4 kawhis arrival since bowens retirement date
i'm no Larry Coon but I think Spurs will give Kawhi the full amount, he definetly deserves it especially after Enrique got paid. I think they really want to retain all flexibility for the possibility of Duncan and Manu leaving. hopefully Kawhi doesn't get butthurt, I imagine his agent is pissed. I'm a huge Kawhi fan, believed in him from the first season and would hate to see him leave, but I think Spurs are thinking big picture per par.

Timberwolves probably know they won't be winning any championships in next few years, might as well retain a fan favorite imo.

ElNono
10-31-2014, 08:54 PM
crofl paying up for a PG that can't shoot...

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 09:03 PM
crofl paying up for a PG that can't shoot...

just as bad as spurs loyalty contract to a coatrider who wasnt needed in the elimination games, when he did got time in those blowout games he started to pad his stats like he actually contributed to anything by looking at the score sheet...lol upstairs asslickers

spurraider21
10-31-2014, 09:21 PM
horrible deal :lol

this shit will hold the wolves back, and 2 years from now they'll complain about the CBA handcuffing :cry small market teams :cry

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 09:29 PM
horrible deal :lol

this shit will hold the wolves back, and 2 years from now they'll complain about the CBA handcuffing :cry small market teams :cry

they still havnt learn shit from the 90s with that stupid max deals they kept on giving KG

spurraider21
10-31-2014, 09:30 PM
they still havnt learn shit from the 90s with that stupid max deals they kept on giving KG
KG was worth it. they sat with their thumbs up their ass instead of building a good team around him, just like the cavs did with lebron

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 09:41 PM
KG was worth it. they sat with their thumbs up their ass instead of building a good team around him, just like the cavs did with lebron

cant do shit when 1 player is already absorbing half of the teams payroll, while expecting others to accept less wwhen they have families to feed...

jimbo
10-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Money should go to role-players on good teams. Those guys carry the load a lot more than people realize. No way you stop bad teams from giving out big deals to their mediocre players, though. Look at Utah. They may be over the cap next year for the terrible team they have.

They're not the reason the NBA/cap has grown so much though. The Kobe and Lebrons are what sell the tickets, not the Haywards and Kiwis. That's what I meant by "carry the league" not production wise.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 09:57 PM
They're not the reason the NBA/cap has grown so much though. The Kobe and Lebrons are what sell the tickets, not the Haywards and Kiwis. That's what I meant by "carry the league" not production wise.

so ur sayin kawhi should accept less then the idiots of his draft class playin on 1 man teams posting up meaningless stats

while he has to accept lesser pay then the coatrider enrique cause he has paid his dues over the years?

TheCultOfPersonality
10-31-2014, 10:34 PM
4 years $55 million to a 7th option caliber guard at best who shoots mostly in the 30% from the field and barely scores 10ppg?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Rapper-TI-Laughing1.gif

Ricky Rubio = white Sebastian Telfair

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2014, 10:35 PM
he does the same thing what errors does best is up and down the court and nothing else while gettin paid 3.5x more then penderfail