PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather face in the Finals: Bulls or Cavs?

Uriel
10-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Assuming the Spurs make the Finals for the 3rd year in a row, they're almost certainly going to play either Cleveland or Chicago in the Finals. Which team do you think the Spurs are more likely to beat in a 7-game series?

BatManu20
10-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Bulls, although if we're healthy, I'd like our chances against either.

100%duncan
10-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Cavs. Duncan beating the bulls wont mean crap, beating lebron for the third time though...

Malik Hairston
10-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Spurs probably beat Cleveland in 5, they have all the tools to expose them..I'd be surprised if they're the same roster in June, though, I suspect Waiters will get traded..

Bulls would be a tougher matchup, but I think they'll still struggle to score in a series against the Spurs, not to mention that Rose will probably be hurt by then..

spurraider21
10-31-2014, 09:32 PM
i'd be confident against either. the Bulls would likely have trouble scoring down the stretch, but I'd think we'd be able to bend the Cavs over like last year's Heat, except worse

mkurts
10-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Cavs, Bulls won't make it out of the ECF

Nathan89
10-31-2014, 11:31 PM
Cavs because I don't want to face the length of the Bulls.

KaiRMD1
10-31-2014, 11:34 PM
Bulls have no chance yet again, Rose is done

KL2
10-31-2014, 11:37 PM
Cavs, I'm not sure Varejao will even be healthy, that guy is made of glass, an injury to him would be huge, their defense is garbage.

KL2
10-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Plus Lebron looks mortal, Leonard will have a much easier time guarding him, that weight loss looks like it really affected his game, guy can't bull his way through everyone. Then a Splitter on Love, he's mobile enough to guard him, Green on Irving, voila.

BatManu20
10-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Bulls are not beating the Cavs in a 7 game series. They still struggle to score, Rose is still unpredictable with injuries, Gasol is clearly not the same player he was even, say, 3 years ago, and they don't have much depth.

By year's end, the Cavs will beat them in 5, maybe 6 once they meet in the playoffs. Cavs will definitely represent the East in the Finals.

hsxvvd
11-01-2014, 03:07 AM
Either won't matter.

Robz4000
11-01-2014, 03:15 AM
Either/or provided the Spurs are fully healthy. Would be kinda funny if Duncan ties MJ while beating the Bulls in Chicago tho.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2014, 03:23 AM
Bulls, because they're a poor version of the Spurs.

We're better on both sides of the ball and they don't have anyone outside of Rose that's seriously going to hurt us.

Cleveland has several players who could give our defense issues, although Parker would eat Kyrie alive in a 7 game series.

The Bulls will play better defense, but their ceiling isn't close to Cleveland's.

Chillen
11-01-2014, 04:47 AM
I am a Bulls/Spurs fan and trust me you wouldn't want to play the Bulls in the Finals if healthy and motivated. Winning in Chicago in the Finals is very tough. The Cavs would probably be the ideal Finals matchup for the Spurs because the Spurs beat them in 2007 and LeBron still has the 2014 Finals hanging over his head and the pressure would be enormous to win an NBA title for Cleveland. Either way though neither matchup imo would be a cake walk for the Spurs, it would take the Spurs 6 or 7 games to beat either team and both teams could potentially upset the Spurs so you better hope the Wizards, Raptors or Nets get to the Finals.

Bulls have no chance yet again, Rose is done

LMAO, it's just an ankle sprain man.

Cavs. Duncan beating the bulls wont mean crap, beating lebron for the third time though...

Duncan would be so hated in Cleveland, Bulls fans would just be happy to even be in the Finals again.

Old School 44
11-01-2014, 07:08 AM
The Cavs. Not that i think they are better than the bulls, there's just better story lines to add to the growing legacy of the Spurs. Should be fun either way.

itzsoweezee
11-01-2014, 11:43 AM
The Cavs. Their number two and number three options have never played in a playoff game. Kyrie Irving was aasking a teammate last night, during game two of the season if this is what the playoffs are like, lol. Also, the Cavs have even less inside presence than the heat did last year. The spurs would eat them up.

itzsoweezee
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
I am a Bulls/Spurs fan and trust me you wouldn't want to play the Bulls in the Finals if healthy and motivated. Winning in Chicago in the Finals is very tough. The Cavs would probably be the ideal Finals matchup for the Spurs because the Spurs beat them in 2007 and LeBron still has the 2014 Finals hanging over his head and the pressure would be enormous to win an NBA title for Cleveland. Either way though neither matchup imo would be a cake walk for the Spurs, it would take the Spurs 6 or 7 games to beat either team and both teams could potentially upset the Spurs so you better hope the Wizards, Raptors or Nets get to the Finals.

LMAO, it's just an ankle sprain man.

Duncan would be so hated in Cleveland, Bulls fans would just be happy to even be in the Finals again.

Lol at Bulls/Spurs fan. Get out of here you bandwagoning bitch.

Darkwaters
11-01-2014, 07:56 PM
It's always fun beating Lebron. And seeing Cleveland have another Championship opportunity dashed....priceless.

silverblk mystix
11-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Spurs win one title in the last 8 years and suddenly spurs fans are acting like laker fans from a few seasons ago...

lmao

How bout the spurs stay healthy and hopefully get out of the west again...then worry about the finals opponent.

Prime Time
11-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Spurs win one title in the last 8 years and suddenly spurs fans are acting like laker fans from a few seasons ago...

lmao

How bout the spurs stay healthy and hopefully get out of the west again...then worry about the finals opponent.
:lol Laker fans were obnoxious assholes after the '09 title, and at the time it was their first in 7 years. Unlike that Laker team, the Spurs are also fresh off 3 WCF appearances and 2 conference titles. You're just being pessimistic so you can play the win/win card.

Prime Time
11-01-2014, 08:45 PM
As for the thread, I'd choose Chicago. Variety is the spice of life, and it makes me happy knowing Tim would have eliminated over 1/3 of Eastern Conference teams.

Plus, Duncan winning #6 against Jordan's franchise team would be the greatest story no one ever talks about.

hyhy
11-02-2014, 02:34 AM
Bulls. Its a safer bet for tim's 6th ring. and lebron dun get a ring.
Even though it may be sweet to defeat lebron again, theres still a slight chance the league decides to let lebron have his "redemption" year this year.
So, its still safer to just face the bulls instead of cavs, and there would be no way lebron gets revenge on timmy.

TampaDude
11-02-2014, 05:16 AM
I say Cavs, but in the end, it doesn't matter, because the team that comes out of the West will win it all.

z0sa
11-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Bulls... PG led teams dont win titles :spin

Blue Duck
11-02-2014, 11:42 PM
My feminine side says bulls; their crimson uniforms would perfectly offset the silver and black making for a smashing, aesthetically pleasing finals. My alpha male side say Cavs; it's fun to watch arrogance be forcibly humbled. The basketball purist in me says bulls; they're the closest thing to the spurs that the eastern conference has, not stylistically, but in terms of commitment, effort and buying in to a team first, all for one concept and heady, no nonsense coaching. The bitter, old guy in me says Cavs; let's smash the new age, sycophant, "star following superstar, running the team, making front office decisions, hand picking your sidekick" approach to my favorite team sport. The hater in me says Cavs; only hip hop, urban ghetto fans root for individuals instead of teams and they're the most unintelligent, annoying fans there are. I'm complex, I can go on and on.........but I think when I tally the score...........Cavs.

Mikeanaro
11-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I read OP message and voted Bulls without reading the poll question so I think the Bulls are easier but I choose Queefland because the turds are there.

BatManu20
11-03-2014, 03:14 AM
We should really only be worried about making it out of the West because whoever does will get a chance to defeat the Cavs in the Finals. They're a shoe-in.

Silver&Black
11-03-2014, 03:55 AM
Dude haven't you seen the other threads....we're not making the playoffs this year. Time to blow it up...

What makes you think we're going to the Finals???

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-03-2014, 06:09 AM
The team without the best player on the planet on their roster.

gameFACE
11-03-2014, 02:08 PM
I voted Bulls. This version of the Cavs isn't as interesting as the Heatles.

Prose
11-03-2014, 02:30 PM
cavs playing delavadova in clutch time ahaha

11-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Cavaliers.

Besides James, their other core players in Love, Waiters and Irving have never tasted the postseason, not to mention they've never been on teams with winning records in the regular season before.

milkyway21
11-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Phil Jackson's New York Knicks

Jenks
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM
The Bulls have some great passing bigs and play very good team basketball. I'm not picking based on who the Spurs would beat, but which team would be a much more fun opponent to watch. Bulls.