11-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Jeremy Lin is Kobe's new punching bag.

Clipper Nation
11-01-2014, 10:10 AM
:cry "I don't wanna play anymore!!!" :cry

The Quit :lol

StrengthAndHonor
11-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I called this in the off season. There's a good chance he may not retire a Laker. But this quote paints Kobe's career as a competitor, something his detractors views as a sign of being a bad teammate.

He effectively made Pau Gasol and Odom a better player with this approach. Bynum stepped up and improved his game in that 3-4 season as a Laker. Of course this attitude was also the reason Dwight left the Lakers.

Sheriff Hoyt
11-01-2014, 10:18 AM
I called this in the off season. There's a good chance he may not retire a Laker. But this quote paints Kobe's career as a competitor, something his detractors views as a sign of being a bad teammate.

He effectively made Pau Gasol and Odom a better player with this approach. Bynum stepped up and improved his game in that 3-4 season as a Laker. Of course this attitude was also the reason Dwight left the Lakers.

Paints him as someone who deflects blame.

Clipper Nation
11-01-2014, 10:20 AM
:lol at people actually still thinking Kirby has ever made anyone better.

And no, you're not a "competitor" if you're only interested in winning on your own terms and quit when things don't go your way.

scanry
11-01-2014, 10:31 AM

Pau had an incredible post game even before he was traded to the Lakers. Only trailed Tim imo. He's still playing at an elite level now with the Bulls.

BTW you're missing the single most thing that contributed to their better play - Coaching. We've seen them without Phil and they look horrible including Kobe might i add.

baseline bum
11-01-2014, 10:39 AM
LOL bitching about his teammates after he ran off all his good ones. No shit you get nothing but chumps willing to play with your ass. Only those without choices went to the Lakers.

StrengthAndHonor
11-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Pau had an incredible post game even before he was traded to the Lakers. Only trailed Tim imo. He's still playing at an elite level now with the Bulls.

BTW you're missing the single most thing that contributed to their better play - Coaching. We've seen them without Phil and they look horrible including Kobe might i add.

That is true, but what I meant was Gasol's demeanor and approach. He was a mentally soft and passive player in Memphis, even to a point where one of his teammates called Gasol a "she", whether its in jest or not, people got the idea.

The problem with Gasol has never been skill. He was one of those players that needed an extra push from his teammates or coach to get to that next level.

StrengthAndHonor
11-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Paints him as someone who deflects blame.

This is also true, but that quote never hinted he was deflecting blame. At this point of his career and after a surge of attacks from various journalists for the past 2 weeks or so, It's hard to believe he would cares about any negative publicity from this point forward.

scanry
11-01-2014, 11:03 AM
That is true, but what I meant was Gasol's demeanor and approach. He was a mentally soft and passive player in Memphis, even to a point where one of his teammates called Gasol a "she", whether its in jest or not, people got the idea.

The problem with Gasol has never been skill. He was one of those players that needed an extra push from his teammates or coach to get to that next level.

Did pretty well with the Spanish national team though. That Memphis team didn't have good talent and coaching didn't help matters either. Pau is a fundamentally sound player and his game truly shows as he's aged. BTW he's incredibly underated as a defender. Kobe's very fortunate to have had 2 elite defensive anchors tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
11-01-2014, 11:13 AM
That Memphis team didn't have good talent and coaching didn't help matters either. Pau is a fundamentally sound player and his game truly shows as he's aged. BTW he's incredibly underated as a defender. Kobe's very fortunate to have had 2 elite defensive anchors tbh.

I don't have anything against Pau, he certainly earned his position among one of the best players to come out of Europe. I was hoping he would come to the Clippers since he's practically one of the biggest missing link for our championship aspirations.

I also believe he was undervalued by many during the Lakers title run and was far more valuable than Bryant in terms of impact ( I always believe big men have far more value anyway than wing players) but I'm going to call a spade a spade. Gasol was a soft big man and his reputation changed drastically when he started playing with someone like Kobe who is known to have a demanding personality.

Spur-Addict
11-01-2014, 11:14 AM
:lmao

UZER
11-01-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't have anything against Pau, he certainly earned his position among one of the best players to come out of Europe. I was hoping he would come to the Clippers since he's practically one of the biggest missing link for our championship aspirations.

I also believe he was undervalued by many during the Lakers title run and was far more valuable than Bryant in terms of impact ( I always believe big men have far more value anyway than wing players) but I'm going to call a spade a spade. Gasol was a soft big man and his reputation changed drastically when he started playing with someone like Kobe who is known to have a demanding personality.

LOL he played the same way with both teams.

his reputation changed the minute he signed with LA...just like Vlade becoming a flopper the second he left.

ambchang
11-01-2014, 11:35 AM

His reputation changes after playing with KFC and won two championships with the most loaded front court in the league.

StrengthAndHonor
11-01-2014, 11:48 AM
LOL he played the same way with both teams.

his reputation changed the minute he signed with LA...just like Vlade becoming a flopper the second he left.

Gasol was honestly a different player in Memphis. He thrived in the triangle but he was far more aggressive with the Lakers, especially defensively. See 2009 NBA Finals matchup against Dwight.

Mr Bones
11-01-2014, 04:13 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8f97spxV1qz7mcro1_500.png

Seventyniner
11-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Kobe doesn't want to play with chumps, but he signed that extension? The roster already sucked, and taking that much cap room guaranteed that it couldn't improve much.

Clipper Nation
11-01-2014, 04:58 PM
The funny thing is that his teammates are the "chumps," yet he was the one who chucked them out of the game with that 1-7 fourth quarter shitbomb.

unforeseen
11-01-2014, 05:03 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8f97spxV1qz7mcro1_500.png

:rollin

Reck
11-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Kobe is really coming unhinged as of late.

Kobe puts the queen in drama queen.

Bill_Brasky
11-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Hes lyin, he played with himself after that gold digger whore left.

ElNono
11-01-2014, 05:43 PM
He should tell that to Swaggy P face to face, tbh... this whole going to the media is chickenshit

spurraider21
11-01-2014, 06:09 PM
i guess he won't play pickup ball with Chumpdumper

TXstbobcat
11-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Then it's mutual since no one wants to play with Kobe.

mkurts
11-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Keep whining and keep losing Kobe, where else do you get paid big money to shoot badly and fuck the owneress ?

Sean Cagney
11-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Jeremy Lin is Kobe's new punching bag.

Disaster written all over it with him going to LA TBH, he is a backup PG and now is thrown into a starting role on a team with Kobe and in a big market team. Lin belongs on a average team as a backup PG or whatever, he is not that good.

TDMVPDPOY
11-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Disaster written all over it with him going to LA TBH, he is a backup PG and now is thrown into a starting role on a team with Kobe and in a big market team. Lin belongs on a average team as a backup PG or whatever, he is not that good.

lin is nothing more then a scrub who pads his stats in scrub minutes

Sean Cagney
11-02-2014, 03:00 AM
lin is nothing more then a scrub who pads his stats in scrub minutes
Oh I agree he sucks, he had that little stretch in NY where he had a week of fame and had a few good games but other than that he is not good at all. I am not a fan, never was.

Mark in Austin
11-02-2014, 09:10 AM
If Buss had any balls he'd offer Kobe to Phil for Amare's corpse. Finish this year w/a top 5 pick and go into free agency next summer with a clean slate.

thiste
11-02-2014, 01:49 PM
If you want better teammates don't take 25 millions you doofus.

Sportstudi
11-02-2014, 02:21 PM
If you want better teammates don't take 25 millions you doofus.

This.