PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get some barbecue right now?

ZStomp
08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
I am soooo tired and want some barbecue. Some chicken, sausage, etc., etc.,

I have had a long good week and I'm tired...physically. Too much basketball...and I'm hungry!

mouse
08-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Bun N Barrell austin HWY

Zombie
08-26-2005, 11:43 PM
you might go see if the Barbq man is still at the truck stop on IH-10. He has some pretty good Barbq

mouse
08-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Damm! now I have the munchies.

Faccia di Angelo
08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
You too? I have had a veeeeeeeery long good week too and am very tired. No time to rest on the weekend either. ahhhhh...

mmmm..barbecue sounds sooo good right now. Did you find any? I prefer sausage and brisket. Jules is selling some barbecue plates for next weekend!

I gotta tell you something.

GoldToe
08-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I wish I had the munchies

The sone
08-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Damm! now I have the munchies.

ditto...mouse we gots to hang out one sat night.
mah shit will boggie woggie on yo brain...

Mark in Austin
08-27-2005, 10:15 AM
ZStomp, you in SA or Austin?

If in Austin, the Rudys on loop 360 has some of the best in town n- even better than the original Rudys in SA. The quality of the brisket and sausage pretty damn good. The turley might be the best I've ever tasted, and their St. Louis style rubbed baby back ribs and their pork loin are also damn good. Plus the sides are better - much beter quality potato salad, plus they have creamed corn and new potatoes along with the beans, cole slaw, etc.

There are other places around here that might be better with one meat or another, but as far as coinsistency across the entire menu goes, I haven't found any place better in metro Austin.

batman2883
08-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Rudys bbq the best damn bbq in Texas

Mark in Austin
08-27-2005, 10:23 AM
actually, they advertise as "the worst barbeque in texas"

but it varies considerably with the location, as most are franchises. None of them suck, but there are some really average ones, and others the just flat out kick ass. For instance, the one they opened in College Station a few years ago is ok (actually one of the better places in college station to get barbeque - it has always puzzled me how piss poor the barbeque choices were there) but just average compared to some of the others. There is one I've eaten at that was terrible now that I think about it - the one on the east side IH-35 in the Selma/Schertz/Universal City area.

08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Rudys bbq the best damn bbq in Texas

City Market in Luling is better.

Dex
08-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Bun N Barrell austin HWY

Damn, I haven't been to that place in ages. Used to go out there to the car shows with my parents when I was a little squirt. Pops had to show off the '64 Fairlane which is, otherwise, just taking up garage space now.

Still runs just fine, they're just afraid to drive it anywhere.

Good times. Good food, too.

davi78239
08-27-2005, 10:57 AM
I've heard the Rudy's by schlitterbaun (however the hell you spell it) sells catfish that's pretty good. Hey, does anyone like Grady's bbq? They have some pretty good stuff.

ZStomp
08-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, I wanted barbecue last night. Not anymore. :(

Thanks though!

Vashner
08-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Rudy's by schlitterbahn.. . uh . Rudy's has the WORST beef brisket on earth. If you it's dry.

Bob's bar-b-que on the east side.. now that's some good stuff... moist.

Casey's is ok too.

ZStomp
08-27-2005, 12:39 PM
I have only eaten at Rudy's once. It was too pricey for what I got. I wasn't too impressed.

davi78239
08-27-2005, 12:40 PM
There's only one Casey's left and that's out in the country somewhere. The others turned into Grady's bbq. Casey's does have some good bbq too though.

Vashner
08-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Rudy's is bar-b-que for people like in another state.. I don't know why people like it here. It's like some shit once these people called Bar-b-que and it was penn dutch ... what a joke. It was a chicken .. baked.. and dry. No sauce..

I was like "that's not BEEPin bar-b-que".

mouse
08-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Well, I wanted barbecue last night. Not anymore. :(

Thanks though!

Does this mean your Bi polar, or just pregnant? :smokin

mouse
08-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Damn, I haven't been to that place in ages. Used to go out there to the car shows with my parents when I was a little squirt. Pops had to show off the '64 Fairlane which is, otherwise, just taking up garage space now.

Still runs just fine, they're just afraid to drive it anywhere.

Good times. Good food, too.

I really don't like bun N barrell Bar B Q, I guess it's cuz I make my own and when I was a kid my dad took me to the east side of town and the black folks had the best Bar B Q in san antonio at the time.

The only reason I mentioned Bun N Barrell was cuz it was the only place I thought would be open when ZStunk made his topic.
:smokin