PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: is jimmy butler for real?

100%duncan
11-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Might be the bulls' most reliable scorer tbh. Gangbanger will be injured for the most part, lets be honest, we know it will come. Pau, although is clearly rejuvenated, looks slow. And the rest of the bulls offense is crap.

Discuss.

TDMVPDPOY
11-02-2014, 08:19 AM
the bulls are a shit hole

lowball taj
no lowball jim
got pau on the cheap

but have no problems paying gangbanger 40m for t he last 2 years to sit on bench....fail

Franklin
11-02-2014, 08:45 AM
There D is still solid though. Jimmy Butler is fool's gold I don't see a higher ceiling for him than the prime Caron Butler tbh. dude will get overpaid but probably not in Chicago.

100%duncan
11-02-2014, 09:17 AM
the bulls are a shit hole

lowball taj
no lowball jim
got pau on the cheap

but have no problems paying gangbanger 40m for t he last 2 years to sit on bench....fail

Whats your opinion bout butler u fkn wanker

TDMVPDPOY
11-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Whats your opinion bout butler u fkn wanker

wasnt he t outed to be top5 sf defender? i dont know about his defense if its consistent enough to be paid like a franchise player

but with the cba kicking in, even 2nd or 3rd players can be paid superstar money....

100%duncan
11-02-2014, 10:08 AM
wasnt he t outed to be top5 sf defender? i dont know about his defense if its consistent enough to be paid like a franchise player

but with the cba kicking in, even 2nd or 3rd players can be paid superstar money....

Bout his offense??? He looked real efficient last night but then again its the wolves

ElNono
11-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Jimmy Butler is fool's gold

BatManu20
11-02-2014, 01:05 PM
What's crazy about Jimmy Butler is I played against this dude in high school. He played for Tomball High and we played him in a tourney my Junior year, and he literally wasn't even that good. At least not when we played him. He wasn't even their best player and I think he only had like 10 against us or something like that. When he got drafted I couldn't believe who he was tbh.

But he's a solid young player. But if you're leaning on him to be your #1 or #2 scorer, you're probably not a real contender, which the Bulls are not tbh.

Malik Hairston
11-02-2014, 01:22 PM
He played 1 game against a bottom 3 team in the West:lol..wait and see..

DPG21920
11-02-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm on wait and see mode with him, as HH said. He's definitely interesting enough to me where I won't write him off. He seems to work really, really hard. But if he can continue to improve his handle and shooting, he has some very nice tools.

Infinite_limit
11-02-2014, 02:12 PM
I said last week, he's Kawai Leonard in the Eastern Conference

Malik Hairston
11-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Kawhi Leonard is an elite Finals performer, 2 great Finals series' in a row, tbh..the stage isn't too big for him..

Jimmy Butler has been a complete non-factor in playoff basketball..he had a great opportunity to step up last year against the Wizards when his team desperately needed offense, and he couldn't do it..

As of right now, he's just a stat-padder against terrible teams like the Wolves:lol..

Clipper Nation
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I said last week, he's Kawai Leonard in the Eastern Conference

:lmao No... Butler is a playoff choker and overall mediocre player. Kawhi is a Finals MVP, and one can only imagine the type of stats he'd be putting up in the weak East - or really, on any team that doesn't include that salty faggot Enrique who won't pass the ball to him.

Infinite_limit
11-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Kawhi Leonard is an elite Finals performer, 2 great Finals series' in a row, tbh..the stage isn't too big for him..

Jimmy Butler has been a complete non-factor in playoff basketball..he had a great opportunity to step up last year against the Wizards when his team desperately needed offense, and he couldn't do it..

As of right now, he's just a stat-padder against terrible teams like the Wolves:lol..
Must be nice as the 5th Option on a team with 3 Hall of Famers. I already posted Butler had similar numbers to Leonard in his last Playoff series against James.

Infinite_limit
11-02-2014, 03:04 PM
:lmao No... Butler is a playoff choker and overall mediocre player. Kawhi is a Finals MVP, and one can only imagine the type of stats he'd be putting up in the weak East - or really, on any team that doesn't include that salty faggot Enrique who won't pass the ball to him.
Do you think Leonard can manage to make a Field Goal in his next game or do the Spurs need to play him more than 24 minutes?

Malik Hairston
11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Must be nice as the 5th Option on a team with 3 Hall of Famers. I already posted Butler had similar numbers to Leonard in his last Playoff series against James.

Last year's Spurs didn't really have an order of options, tbh..they were literally, statistically better when Tony Parker was on the bench, for example..

Manu was the closest thing to a #1, but Leonard did most of his damage without Ginobil on the floor..

It's pretty embarrassing that Butler couldn't do anything against the Wizards IMO..that Bulls team desperately needed somebody to step up..I actually had high hopes for him in that series, too..

Clipper Nation
11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Do you think Leonard can manage to make a Field Goal in his next game or do the Spurs need to play him more than 24 minutes?

:lol One-game sample sizes... by that logic, since Rose put up a big goose egg against the tanking Wolves, the Bulls won't win another game all year.

Malik Hairston
11-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Jimmy Butler vs. Danny Green is a better comparison, tbh..but again, Danny is arguably the greatest shooter in NBA playoff history, while Butler is a proven playoff choker..

Infinite_limit
11-02-2014, 03:08 PM
:lol One-game sample sizes... by that logic, since Rose put up a big goose egg against the tanking Wolves, the Bulls won't win another game all year.
Come on, he played 24 minutes and failed to make a Field Goal. Speaking of small sample sizes: NBA Finals last year

Infinite_limit
11-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Jimmy Butler vs. Danny Green is a better comparison, tbh..but again, Danny is arguably the greatest shooter in NBA playoff history, while Butler is a proven playoff choker..
Butler & Leonard are both 2nd Team All Defense. I watched Leonard at SDSU, he has always been a role player.

ElNono
11-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I think he has the tools to be much more than the blue collar, "hustle" guy that he is now (Thibs loves those guys)... unfortunately, he's a dumb player, and so those tools will probably go to waste.

He's better than JR Smith though, IMO, so there's that...

Clipper Nation
11-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Come on, he played 24 minutes and failed to make a Field Goal. Speaking of small sample sizes: NBA Finals last year
He played well in two NBA Finals that went 7 and 5 games respectively. 12 games > 1.

Malik Hairston
11-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Butler & Leonard are both 2nd Team All Defense. I watched Leonard at SDSU, he has always been a role player.

Well, if you're going to put them on the same level because they're both on 2nd team all-D, I'm going to put Kawhi on the same level as Michael Jordan because they have both been Finals MVPs, tbh..

Infinite_limit
11-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Well, if you're going to put them on the same level because they're both on 2nd team all-D, I'm going to put Kawhi on the same level as Michael Jordan because they have both been Finals MVPs, tbh..
Just wake me up when Leonard manages a Field Goal in the 2014-15 season

100%duncan
11-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Whats this shit that jimmy has played well against bron in the playoffs??? Is it real or myth???

RsxPiimp
11-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Jimmy Buckets with solid numbers, cool efficiency and keeping the Bulls afloat while two of the Bulls divas sit on the sidelines.

unleashbaynes
11-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Just wake me up when Leonard manages a Field Goal in the 2014-15 season

wake me up when rose plays more than 20 games in a season, faggot.

Infinite_limit
11-23-2014, 01:55 PM
wake me up when rose plays more than 20 games in a season, faggot.
Hi sweetie. This discussion is not about Rose

apalisoc_9
11-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Infinite limit with the bad per par...

RsxPiimp
12-18-2014, 10:36 PM
35 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assts, 4 stls. 50+% beyond the arc and field.

Man, some idiot is gonna give this guy Klay Thompson money.

BatManu20
12-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Crazy watching this guy blossom like this... I played against him in High School and he really wasn't that good, tbh... cool to see him ballin' out there though. He's the early favorite for MIP imo.

100%duncan
12-19-2014, 12:01 AM
35 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assts, 4 stls. 50+% beyond the arc and field.

Man, some idiot is gonna give this guy Klay Thompson money.

Cant wait for the playoffs to come already. If this dude performs as well there he'll get to Paul George status.

dirk4mvp
12-19-2014, 12:04 AM
was funny watching this guy shit all over Chuck in real time while he was calling him a role player over and over

Splits
12-19-2014, 12:32 AM
I played against him in middle school. He couldn't even dunk. Pussy.

apalisoc_9
12-19-2014, 12:32 AM
was funny watching this guy shit all over Chuck in real time while he was calling him a role player over and over

When was this?

is this available on NBA.com?

dirk4mvp
12-19-2014, 12:38 AM
When was this?

is this available on NBA.com?

During the game Butler was making all kind of plays right during the middle of a Chuck anecdote saying over and over that he was just a role player.

Infinite_limit
12-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Haha Reggie is something else for accepting the 3rd seat alongside a Barkley telecast. Chuck is quality for about a Half. Then he starts repeating himself throughout the game and will unleash rants.

Reggie was arguing Butler is growing into a Max Player and will/should be paid like one. Barkley wasn't giving much reasoning why he believed otherwise.

Red Hawk #21
12-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Jimmy Buckets better be starting at that 2 Guard Spot for the Eastern Conference All-Stars.

RsxPiimp
12-28-2014, 07:33 AM
There were M-V-P chants Saturday night at the United Center, but they weren't for former recipient Derrick Rose or current leading candidate Anthony Davis.

Instead, the 21,935 fans directed their chants at Bulls shooting guard Jimmy Butler, who after yet another dominant December performance continued to state his case as one of the league's most valuable players.

Butler scored 33 points, including 19 after halftime, on 12-for-18 shooting and added five rebounds and two assists in the Bulls' 107-100 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. It was the Bulls' league-leading sixth straight win, and it was yet again Butler who led the pace for a Bulls team now just two games back of the top spot in the East.

Facing one of the better interior defender duos in the league in Davis and Omer Asik, Butler lived at the rim, as has been the case the majority of his magnificent run. Eleven of his field-goal attempts came inside the paint, and his 10 free-throw attempts proved once again that Butler isn't interested in taking what defenses will give him; he's earning everything and acting as the aggressor, with his confidence to thank for it.

GuerillaBlack
12-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Perfect way to enter his prime. He is 27 years old though, so I'm not sure how much more he can improve. Proud to see a Houston area athlete make it big.

Malik Hairston
12-29-2014, 09:21 PM
All trolling of Infinite aside, Butler is a monster, tbh..hope he plays better in the playoffs, since he was terrible last year(hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a playoff choker like Klay Thompson)..

Thread
12-29-2014, 09:24 PM
All trolling of Infinite aside, Butler is a monster, tbh..hope he plays better in the playoffs, since he was terrible last year(hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a playoff choker like Klay Thompson)..

..& Tim Duncan. tee, hee.

Relax, just that 1 time when confronted by Amy & Bats.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2014, 09:25 PM
what is the bulls team salary situation atm?

if butler isnt going to get paid, i would like to see some team throw max at him to steal him away

nothing beats watching the bulls continue to be a shithole for +20yrs

Thread
12-29-2014, 09:27 PM
what is the bulls team salary situation atm?

if butler isnt going to get paid, i would like to see some team throw max at him to steal him away

nothing beats watching the bulls continue to be a shithole for +20yrs

Amy chasing Tim outta Florida beats it. tee, hee.

Relax, just that 1 time when confronted by Amy & Bats.

100%duncan
12-29-2014, 09:28 PM

Same here and hes actually legit in defense unlike that faggot klay

Malik Hairston
12-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Bulls look a lot better when they run their offense through Butler and Gasol, rather than RG3, tbh..

Holden_Caulfield
12-29-2014, 09:34 PM
hes better than klay tbh

Thread
12-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Bulls look a lot better when they run their offense through Butler and Gasol, rather than RG3, tbh..

I can't attest to Butler, but, running it thru Gasol is fool's gold. But, you they'll have to find out & suffer for it themselves.

And they will.

FkLA
12-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Is this nigga better than Kawhi? I heard Reggie call him the best two way player when they played LA on Christmas and I laughed. But apparently he's been ballin' and I just haven't been paying attention tbh.

apalisoc_9
12-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Is this nigga better than Kawhi? I heard Reggie call him the best two way player when they played LA on Christmas and I laughed. But apparently he's been ballin' and I just haven't been paying attention tbh.

The bolded answers your question.

In all seriousness though, Butler is a monster..Really wish they stop calling the Bulls Rose's team..the Bulls look so much better with Butler as the main perimeter option.

He is one of the most overrated defenders in the league with a DRPM less than 0.5 :lol

ElNono
12-29-2014, 10:51 PM
unfortunately, his stats drop across the board during the playoffs... So far he's just another regular season stat padder...

apalisoc_9
12-29-2014, 10:55 PM
unfortunately, his stats drop across the board during the playoffs... So far he's just another regular season stat padder...

I don't see him that way, offensively. I've only watched the bulls play twice, but he plays within the offense and I don't consider him a stat padder.

but again, He is extremely overrated defensively..It's not even funny

ElNono
12-29-2014, 11:05 PM
I don't see him that way, offensively. I've only watched the bulls play twice, but he plays within the offense and I don't consider him a stat padder.

but again, He is extremely overrated defensively..It's not even funny

I'm not saying he takes bad shots, just that the flashy numbers become less flashy when the playoff pressure comes around... great players normally elevate their game at that stage, pretenders fold, tbh

apalisoc_9
12-29-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm not saying he takes bad shots, just that the flashy numbers become less flashy when the playoff pressure comes around... great players normally elevate their game at that stage, pretenders fold, tbh

That makes sense...

I agree..

DMC
12-29-2014, 11:36 PM
Teams have to get to the playoffs first, and if a guy like Butler can get you there, that's better than some Jeff Ayers faggot chomping on his mouthpiece as he fumbles another one in the paint.

ElNono
12-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Teams have to get to the playoffs first, and if a guy like Butler can get you there, that's better than some Jeff Ayers faggot chomping on his mouthpiece as he fumbles another one in the paint.

He's definitely better than Jeff Ayres

DMC
12-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Besides, George "What's the Fucking Deal" Hill is stinking it up anyhow. Butler had a good game, not a great one, but he's getting it done.

ElNono
12-29-2014, 11:40 PM
tbh, I didn't even think the Pacers were gonna make it a game...

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 12:26 AM
:wakeup

DPG21920
01-04-2016, 01:31 AM
Pretty amazing that he's turned into a guy that is capable of putting up 40 points.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 03:40 AM
0spXnX0l638

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2016, 04:14 AM
40pts cause ballhog gangbanger wasnt playing

DAF86
01-04-2016, 12:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBF3JbykQus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkEszFsvOjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mawgnrbZCqo

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 12:37 PM

Difference here is that Butler is 10x the defender of any of those players.

Killakobe81
01-04-2016, 12:53 PM
really good player not sure if he is great. obviously the fact he plays both ends gives him added value ...plus I would rather pay him the max over Hayward and players of that ilk. For example Middleton Carroll Parson etc. All got overpaid recently Butler seems to be justifying his raise. Props to him.

DAF86
01-04-2016, 12:59 PM

So? He's still not a franchise player.

DMC
01-04-2016, 01:49 PM

DAF doesn't make a point, just posts some videos which allows him to take either side of an argument once the truth is unveiled.

No one is a franchise player until they become one.

It's amusing that people ignore Butler's game until he scores a lot of points. Defense is ignored by casual fans, but not by coaches.

DAF86
01-04-2016, 01:57 PM
DAF doesn't make a point, just posts some videos which allows him to take either side of an argument once the truth is unveiled.

No one is a franchise player until they become one.

It's amusing that people ignore Butler's game until he scores a lot of points. Defense is ignored by casual fans, but not by coaches.

The fuck are you talking about? I stated pretty clearly that I don't think Jimmy Butler is a franchise player. Not now, not ever. If I get proven wrong I will own up to it, unlike some fags that can't admit being wrong.

Killakobe81
01-04-2016, 02:18 PM
The fuck are you talking about? I stated pretty clearly that I don't think Jimmy Butler is a franchise player. Not now, not ever. If I get proven wrong I will own up to it, unlike some fags that can't admit being wrong.

Bold statement. Way to stand behind your beliefs ...

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Just curious. What does Butler have to do to "prove" that he's a franchise player? Stats? Playoff wins? What criteria are you using?

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Pretty amazing that he's turned into a guy that is capable of putting up 40 points.
in a half

DAF86
01-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Just curious. What does Butler have to do to "prove" that he's a franchise player? Stats? Playoff wins? What criteria are you using?

Be the best player of a very good team (floor of 2nd round exit with peaks of at least conference or NBA finals) for a sustained period of time (around 5 years).

Think of guys like Nash in Phoenix, Kidd in New Jersey, Harden now in Houston (in process), etc.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Be the best player of a very good team (floor of 2nd round exit with peaks of at least conference or NBA finals) for a sustained period of time (around 5 years).

Think of guys like Nash in Phoenix, Kidd in New Jersey, Harden now in Houston (in process), etc.

Harden has been the best player on his team for 5 years? Houston might not even make the playoffs this year and Harden routinely quits on his team, as he did against the Spurs. You're branding him with the franchise label? I'd rather have Butler any day of the week than Harden.

DAF86
01-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Harden has been the best player on his team for 5 years? Houston might not even make the playoffs this year and Harden routinely quits on his team, as he did against the Spurs. You're branding him with the franchise label? I'd rather have Butler any day of the week than Harden.

That's why I added the "in process" label. If he keeps this up, he would definitely be solidified a franchise player. Houston was a mediocre team before Harden came to average 30/7/6 for them and turn them into a perennial playoffs team and the current Western Conference finalist.

I really doubt Butler would have turned the Rockets from a lottery team into a Western Conference Finalist in just 3 years while putting the numbers Harden is putting, tbh.

DPG21920
01-04-2016, 03:08 PM
This is really 2 or 3 different conversations.

1) Franchise player can mean a lot of things. If your definition is a top 30 player (meaning, the best player on every team), then yes, he is capable of that and he's already proven it. If your definition of franchise player (which this is the one I go by) is someone that can truly anchor a championship level team given the right supporting cast? I am not sure he is there quite yet, but it's possible. It's hard to gauge with him because a) the East has been so bad & b) he has shrunk some in the playoffs and hasn't shown that ceiling yet with results. Also, the Bulls have had some mediocre rosters talent-wise, especially with the Rose injuries and circus.

2) W/ regards to Harden, I don't think there is any question about Harden's ceiling vs Butlers. Even taking into consideration defense/attitude, Harden is more talented. But that's not always the end all be all. Butler is probably talented enough that in the real world (attitude, locker room, defense) you would not be an idiot for wanting him on your team. But in a bubble, yes, Harden is more talented and on the days his head is on properly, his teams will have a higher ceiling.

3) It's also about ranking him vs his peers (2-guards & guards in general). It's not just the fact guys like Harden exist, it's that other guards like Curry exist as well. While they don't play the same position, it's about comparing guards in general, their usage rates and impact on those around them.

Mel_13
01-04-2016, 03:17 PM

Who was the franchise player on the 2002-08 Pistons?

Jenks
01-04-2016, 03:25 PM

The guy in the 10th row who threw his soda at Ron Artest

DPG21920
01-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Mel is correct - there is a difference too in "franchise level player" & trancedent superstar. Not everyone can be Duncan or Lebron or Shaq. Just because we have come to expect that type of success does not make it the norm. Far from it.

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 03:31 PM
yeah, people seem to think franchise player means elite top 5 player, which is something i've been trying to point out as faulty logic for a while now on this board (same conversation in the NFL forum about what makes a franchise QB)

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Mel is correct - there is a difference too in "franchise level player" & trancedent superstar. Not everyone can be Duncan or Lebron or Shaq. Just because we have come to expect that type of success does not make it the norm. Far from it.

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 04:25 PM

Actually, all of them were above average defenders.
-Redd was a 3 & D guy when he was backing up Ray Allen
-Joe Johnson used to give Paul Pierce a tough time
-Josh Howard was the Mavs wing defender when they went to the Finals in '06

....if anything, Jimmy has slipped off defensively from his All-NBA defense days ala Paul George/LeBron.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Joe Johnson is now an elite defender because he "gave Pierce a tough time"

:lmao

Butler has been in the league for 4 years. He has 2 defensive team selections. The group you just mentioned combined for a whopping zero.

DAF86
01-04-2016, 06:37 PM

Who was the franchise player on the 2014 spurs? I don't know why are you asking me that question. I didn't say you absolutely need a franchise player to win it all, tbh.

Mel_13
01-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Who was the franchise player on the 2014 spurs? I don't know why are you asking me that question. I didn't say you absolutely need a franchise player to win it all, tbh.

Well, you defined a franchise player (see below). Detroit went to six straight conference finals, including two NBA Finals and a championship.

100%duncan
01-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Butler is the Bulls' franchise player for what its worth imho. He has the tools to become great but he has shown diva personalities, AND he still can't beat Lebron without Love and a non-existent Irving. Many question marks, good regular season player though fwiw.

DAF86
01-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Well, you defined a franchise player (see below). Detroit went to six straight conference finals, including two NBA Finals and a championship.

Add "clearly" between "be" and the "best player" then.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Actually, all of them were above average defenders.
-Redd was a 3 & D guy when he was backing up Ray Allen
-Joe Johnson used to give Paul Pierce a tough time
-Josh Howard was the Mavs wing defender when they went to the Finals in '06

....if anything, Jimmy has slipped off defensively from his All-NBA defense days ala Paul George/LeBron.

or did he benefited playing against the elite easts perimeter players that he was always on tv, making it seem like his a really great defender?
what are his voting results for dpoy over the years? if not top 5 then how can he be considered great defensive player?

Down Under
01-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Top 15 player

ElNono
01-04-2016, 10:44 PM
overratedPERIOD

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Joe Johnson is now an elite defender because he "gave Pierce a tough time"

Butler has been in the league for 4 years. He has 2 defensive team selections. The group you just mentioned combined for a whopping zero.

Shawn Marion has ZERO All-NBA D selections but Kobe has 10+:lmao

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 11:19 PM

Ah, okay, I must have missed that decade of history where Joe Johnson was suddenly widely regarded as a dominant defensive force.

Cherokee Parks was a great defender too, he had 0 defensive selections to prove it! :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Ah, okay, I must have missed that decade of history where Joe Johnson was suddenly widely regarded as a dominant defensive force.

You must have missed the 2008 playoffs when Joe Johnson handled Pierce/Allen, who then proceeded to take a dump on Kobe in the Finals.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2016, 11:51 PM
decade of history

2008 playoffs

Rofl

One playoff series suddenly makes a player a defensive monster for his entire career. Never mind the fact that his career defensive rating is 110. :lmao

Kawhitstorm
01-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Rofl

One playoff series suddenly makes a player a defensive monster for his entire career. Never mind the fact that his career defensive rating is 110. :lmao

One Playoff series is all it takes to crown someone Finals MVP, so yeah

Kawhitstorm
01-14-2016, 11:03 PM
53 points, 10 rebounds, 6 dimes, 3 steals, 50%

ElNono
01-14-2016, 11:07 PM
sixers....

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2016, 11:12 PM
shit kents like rose is holding him back

bulls need to get rid of that clown

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-14-2016, 11:25 PM
OT vs the Sixers.... Still 53 is 53

spursistan
01-15-2016, 02:04 PM
23 FTs attempts, tho...Along with minutes, that's what's keeping Kawhi from regular 30/40 point games like his peers..

InRareForm
01-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes. He made my night on fan duel yesterday

Raven
01-15-2016, 06:11 PM
neither has ever been a good defender tough

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2016, 07:15 PM
neither has ever been a good defender tough

AlexJones
01-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Not a fan of players that have a higher PPG than PER tbh

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Not a fan of players that have a higher PPG than PER tbh

You might want to check his PER when Rose isn't on the floor cock-blocking:lol

Texas_Ranger
01-15-2016, 10:36 PM
pathetic game tonight.

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2016, 11:05 PM
pathetic game tonight.

Rose played. Coincidence?:wakeup

LakerHater
01-16-2016, 12:30 AM
what he go like, 55 one nite & 4 the next?

Kawhitstorm
01-16-2016, 12:57 AM
what he go like, 55 one nite & 4 the next?

B/C Rose was out when he had 55 & returned to cock-block tonight:wakeup

cjw
01-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Noah basically done for the year. Time for the Bulls to jettison his expiring contract (he's not resigning) plus Rose (salary dump). Will get zero assets back, but why not trade salary to a team looking to clear out for next year's FA? Bulls will have no cap room.

Should also look to jettison Rose for minimal assets going out the door. Something with these as the principals with other assets going in / out as necessary:

Noah for Jrue or Tyreke (NOP should tank this season and try pairing Davis with a cheap top 7 pick)

+

Rose for Joe Johnson and Shane Larkin (suggested by Lowe or his guest, but gives the Nets a flyer on Rose, as they're in rebuild mode for a while anyway)

Lots of teams that are a complete mess right now, so why not trade assets worth nothing for something that could help them make the ECF?

100%duncan
01-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Bulls trading away noah and rose will be the best thing that will happen to them since jordan.

Kawhitstorm
01-16-2016, 10:43 PM
Noah basically done for the year. Time for the Bulls to jettison his expiring contract (he's not resigning) plus Rose (salary dump). Will get zero assets back, but why not trade salary to a team looking to clear out for next year's FA? Bulls will have no cap room.

Should also look to jettison Rose for minimal assets going out the door. Something with these as the principals with other assets going in / out as necessary:

Noah for Jrue or Tyreke (NOP should tank this season and try pairing Davis with a cheap top 7 pick)

+

Rose for Joe Johnson and Shane Larkin (suggested by Lowe or his guest, but gives the Nets a flyer on Rose, as they're in rebuild mode for a while anyway)

Lots of teams that are a complete mess right now, so why not trade assets worth nothing for something that could help them make the ECF?

When was the last time the Bulls traded anyone as a salary dump? They EXPECT to get 1st rd picks for shitty contracts which is why they ended up buying out Boozer instead of trading him.:lol

They only traded Deng b/c they got a 1st rd pick for him.

Kawhitstorm
01-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Bulls trading away noah and rose will be the best thing that will happen to them since jordan.

I expect Noah/Rose to finish the season in Chicago but Rose might opt out & get a longer contract since he's one knee injury away from being out of the league.

cjw
01-16-2016, 11:16 PM
I expect Noah/Rose to finish the season in Chicago but Rose might opt out & get a longer contract since he's one knee injury away from being out of the league.

What's the max deal he gets from anyone right now? No way he gets more than $20mm guaranteed which he's slated to make next year. Teams aren't stupid anymore.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2016, 11:23 PM
When was the last time the Bulls traded anyone as a salary dump? They EXPECT to get 1st rd picks for shitty contracts which is why they ended up buying out Boozer instead of trading him.:lol

They only traded Deng b/c they got a 1st rd pick for him.

there is a shit team that always trade with the bulls....the fkn knicks

rose + noah to 76s could get them one of the young bigs...better then nothing...

SpursIndonesia
01-17-2016, 10:20 AM
What's the max deal he gets from anyone right now? No way he gets more than $20mm guaranteed which he's slated to make next year. Teams aren't stupid anymore.

Too many teams with cap room with too little FA talent, he will fetch a nice contract for sure, though perhaps no where near max that he still alludes for.

Raven
01-17-2016, 10:54 AM
lol people still in the old 2000 cba mentality where salary dumps actually made sense...

cjw
01-17-2016, 10:59 AM
lol people still in the old 2000 cba mentality where salary dumps actually made sense...

Chicago dumps useless players and gives itself a fighting chance this year.

Expiring contracts aren't worth anything in the current CBA but there is value in getting out of contracts a year early with the rising cap. If Chicago can dump Rose AND improve, why wouldn't they do it? Graceful way to move on. The Noah injury gives them another salary to make numbers work and take in longer dated money.

But you're right in that these guys will not net any young, high upside talent. I laugh at the suggestion that Philly trades a young big for those two.

Raven
01-17-2016, 11:02 AM
Chicago dumps useless players and gives itself a fighting chance this year.

Expiring contracts aren't worth anything in the current CBA but there is value in getting out of contracts a year early with the rising cap. If Chicago can dump Rose AND improve, why wouldn't they do it? Graceful way to move on. The Noah injury gives them another salary to make numbers work and take in longer dated money.

But you're right in that these guys will not net any young, high upside talent. I laugh at the suggestion that Philly trades a young big for those two.

i'd like to see a realistic scenario where that does happen tbh :lol

cjw
01-17-2016, 01:29 PM
i'd like to see a realistic scenario where that does happen tbh :lol

Are Rose and Noah going to help them at all this year? Any trade where they can jettison them and pick up anything in return increases their ceiling.

Noah would purely be a salary dump for a player with a contract longer than one year that a team wants to move on from.

But I do agree with you on the "fighting chance" piece. Pretty much no matter what they do, ECF is their ceiling.

spursistan
03-25-2016, 04:10 PM

“Maybe. I hope not,'' Butler told the Sun-Times. “Is my knee the same as it was before the injury? No.

Seems like no Bulls body is going to emerge unscathed from the combination of Thibs big minutes and Chicago shitty medical staff :lol ..I could see the minutes issue providing red flag for teams trying to hire Thibs next .The Wolves would probably fear for guys like Towns/Wiggins getting down to the ground..

Thread
03-25-2016, 05:15 PM

Seems like no Bulls body is going to emerge unscathed from the combination of Thibs big minutes and Chicago shitty medical staff :lol ..I could see the minutes issue providing red flag for teams trying to hire Thibs next .The Wolves would probably fear for guys like Towns/Wiggins getting down to the ground..

Urban myth.

---

Pop treated Fruit with kid gloves & he still came up lame.

DMC
03-26-2016, 02:48 PM
#Searching for Michael Jordan