PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: Lillard finally regressing to the mean

noob cake
11-02-2014, 11:06 PM
His two season hot streak is about to be over. Shot like shit in the FIBA, shooting like shit this season.

Now he is shooting at his true skill level.

Lol at the statistically worst finishing guard near the rim.

Lol at Blazers fans thinking he is on the same level as Irving or Wall.

Lol at the most overrated PG in the league.

Mikeanaro
11-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Irving is shit too, has never been in the playoffs playing in the East, winning like 25 games each season.

jimbo
11-02-2014, 11:21 PM
so yeah...isn't it far more likely that this is just a month or two cold streak instead of the past 2 years being a hot streak?

DPG21920
11-02-2014, 11:23 PM
so yeah...isn't it far more likely that this is just a month or two cold streak instead of the past 2 years being a hot streak?

Don't know what you mean by "hot". He has shot sub 43% in his first two years. His 3PT% was ok in year one (like 36%) and solid, but not spectacular in year two (39%).

jimbo
11-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Don't know what you mean by "hot". He has shot sub 43% in his first two years. His 3PT% was ok in year one (like 36%) and solid, but not spectacular in year two (39%).

By hot I mean the wording used in the first sentence of this thread

DPG21920
11-02-2014, 11:27 PM
By hot I mean the wording used in the first sentence of this thread

Ya - but you tried to claim it was a cold streak when in reality he has never been a very good shooter percentage wise. He gets the Kobe treatment bc he scores points and hit's some notable shots that are tough, but he takes bad ones and struggles when he can't hit his jumper (because of inablity to do well at the rim).

He's never really been hot, but OP I think meant that so far the chickens have come home to roost with his shot selection.

jimbo
11-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Ya - but you tried to claim it was a cold streak when in reality he has never been a very good shooter percentage wise. He gets the Kobe treatment bc he scores points and hit's some notable shots that are tough, but he takes bad ones and struggles when he can't hit his jumper (because of inablity to do well at the rim).

He's never really been hot, but OP I think meant that so far the chickens have come home to roost with his shot selection.

I wrote out like a sentence, I literally meant nothing other than that the sample size comparison was a joke.

noob cake
11-02-2014, 11:34 PM

No, see Tyreke Evans.

Lillard was riding a huge wave of confidence during his first two years. He made some of the biggest BS shots in league history, shots that Kobe wouldn't even dare to take. Despite those shots, his FG/TS/eFG have always been borderline average at best.

DPG21920
11-02-2014, 11:35 PM
I wrote out like a sentence, I literally meant nothing other than that the sample size comparison was a joke.

Ah - I thought you were responding to the meat of the point and not the statisical size.

noob cake
11-02-2014, 11:38 PM
And I have been telling you fuckers that Lillard has peaked for two years now. He peaked in college.

42% career FG
30% 2014-2015 FG, that will end up somewhere near 38-39%

100%duncan
11-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Salty as fuck. But yeah hes sucking ass right now. Taking shots from aldridge, not helping in the offense when he cant shoot, liablity on D etc etc

DPG21920
11-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Salty as fuck. But yeah hes sucking ass right now. Taking shots from aldridge, not helping in the offense when he cant shoot, liablity on D etc etc

Unlike a WB or whomever, his inablity to get to the rim/finish in traffic really hurts for someone that relies on streaky shooting. If he could get to the line and get 7-8 FT's a game, he could really survive those nights, but he hasn't shown the ability to do that consistently.

100%duncan
11-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Unlike a WB or whomever, his inablity to get to the rim/finish in traffic really hurts for someone that relies on streaky shooting. If he could get to the line and get 7-8 FT's a game, he could really survive those nights, but he hasn't shown the ability to do that consistently.

That doesnt only net a negative on his individual play but also for the team. Having a guard that can penetrate is important in their offense since he is surrounded by a lot of shooters even their number 1 prefers to shoot from outside the paint thus making penetration much more needed.

Not only that he seems to be wanting to take shots from LmA especially in crunch time.

noob cake
11-03-2014, 12:09 AM
What is not being talked about is that Lillard is among the bottom 10 percentile in terms of finishing at the rim.

Lillard fished 49% of his shots at the rim last year. His rookie year, he was the 3rd worst finisher among all guards (playing rotation minutes)

HI-FI
11-03-2014, 12:24 AM
playing for the biggest hipster market has overrated his stock imo.

Franklin
11-03-2014, 09:02 AM
At least his knees ain't broken yet, and that's enough for him to celebrate tbh.

Seventyniner
11-03-2014, 09:12 AM
So what you're trying to say is:

a) Lillard is a rich man's Patty Mills
b) If the Blazers could trade Lillard straight up for Tony Parker they'd win 57 games

lefty
11-03-2014, 10:40 AM
tlong phaggot

z0sa
11-03-2014, 10:43 AM
That's what happens when you get your ass whooped in the playoffs, tbh. Not talking shit, really, dude will be a great player for years to come. But he finally has a reason to doubt himself. Every young talented player on a shitty roster realizes this eventually. Including Jordan.

Sportstudi
11-03-2014, 11:36 AM
tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII tlongII

Budkin
11-03-2014, 01:23 PM
This thread is so premature.