PDA

View Full Version : User Reviews: Ipod and Mini Ipods

kris
08-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Does anybody have a cost/benefit analysis?

kris
08-27-2005, 12:37 AM
No, I don't need that many songs. I have several songs on Itunes, but a lot of old MP3's as well. I just want to know from users if they last and how easy they function.

Thanks.

kris
08-27-2005, 01:00 AM
That is exactly what I am looking for. Thank You.

King
08-27-2005, 07:23 AM
I have the 20g 2nd gen Ipod, and I love it. Do I need to carry 3000+ songs? No, but it's still convenient. I don't have to carry any CDs. You can arrange it into playlists, artists, genres, albums, etc. What I don't like about the shuffle, and admittedly I haven't used one, is that you can't go to specific songs. The ipod is very easy to use.

They're coming down (somewhat) in price, and are around the 250-270 range. Evidently people love their shuffles, so I can't say what is better -- I do love my ipod, though.

Mark in Austin
08-27-2005, 09:56 AM
If you are clumsy, get the suffle or another brand of MP3 player that is flash based. The hard drives in the ipod are as delicate as the lasers in the first generation portable CD players.

Also, be aware that itunes songs cost .99 cents but they can only be copied 7 times. It is a closed system.

But for ease of use and good intuitive design, you can't beat the ipod.

davi78239
08-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I just bought a SanDisk the other weekened. I like it a lot, even though it only holds 64 songs or something like that.

Ginofan
08-27-2005, 10:11 AM
I have a 4gig Mini iPod, one of the first ones available. I love it to death. And yes, I really do need a 1000 songs at once. In my opinion, the buttons are easy to navigate once you get used to the wheel. Usually when someone tries to change the songs in my car they have a tough time figuring it out at first which is good because I don't want my songs changed when I'm the one driving! The iPod offers alot of accessories too that are pretty neat too. I have the adapter so you can play your iPod in your car through an FM station, there's also a ton of other stuff like a mini speaker system and a different variety of remotes.

The thing I like most about the iPod and Mini iPod is how much data space they offer. I hate changing out playlists all the damn time, I like to have a ton of music available right at that moment. If you love a wide variety of music then I would think the iPod or Mini iPod are for you.

davi78239
08-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey, what's the best fm modulator to get for an mp3 player? I was looking at the Irock online not too long ago. It's similar to the satellite radio one, where you just plug the adaptor into your v12.

SpursWoman
08-27-2005, 02:25 PM
I hated it and couldn't dump it soon enough. :)

scott
08-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey, what's the best fm modulator to get for an mp3 player? I was looking at the Irock online not too long ago. It's similar to the satellite radio one, where you just plug the adaptor into your v12.

I got one with a digital selector, so I could put it on any channel... terrible product. They go for $50 at Best Buy, I returned it the next day.