PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Dick Jefferson

AlexJones
11-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I used to think that niggas on here were exaggerating his shittiness but by god this fag is truly the worst Mavs winger since Adrian Griffin. He can't pass, can't rebound, can't defend, and can't even shoot 3's anymore.

And wit him being a 12 year veteran you'd think this white pants wearing faggot would have a semblance of basketball IQ. He doesn't. Jae Crowder makes him look like 2007 Jose Barea.

jeebus
11-04-2014, 05:13 PM
That cocksucker was completely done in the '11-12 season. Usually he'd start out decent then flameout after a few months. But that last season with the Sperms...bah gawd, he sucked.

Blake
11-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Why does Cuban keep digging shit out of the spurs dumpster

baseline bum
11-04-2014, 05:15 PM

Blair is a way better player than Dick though. Jefferson was just a black cloud hanging over the Spurs until they dumped him on Golden State in 2012.

Dex
11-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Dick will do just enough to trick the coach into thinking he's useful. Then he'll fuck you over in the worst possible moments.

Like his two missed free-throws in the middle of this stretch which probably could've saved GSW from this meltdown:

y50bB0d6eqI

Phillip
11-04-2014, 06:02 PM
He's a 10th/11th man. What else should you expect of him? :rolleyes

I think it's safe to say that the 10th/11th player on basically every team in the NBA is generally not going to consistently bring much to the table.

Phillip
11-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Spurfans were disappointed in him because they expected him to come in averaging 15+ppg and still being the quality player he previously seemed to be (coming from a system he could shoot all he wanted, into a system where he would be a 6th/7th option), but didn't live up to that. Their expectations for him were stupidly high, so they created their own disappointment because of their retarded expectations, which is why its hilarious when they boo him, when it was the fans own faults that he disappointed them.

At this point in time, anyone who seriously is expecting anything other than a decent 8-10 point game maybe once a month, is severely retarded. Any Mav fan expecting more of him is even more stupid than the spurfanbase.

Jodelo
11-04-2014, 06:13 PM
He also won't play big minutes (more than 10-15 a game). The last games he was behind Aminu (rightfully so) and just got minutes when he was out injured in the 2nd half yesterday.

Dex
11-04-2014, 06:30 PM
He's a 10th/11th man. What else should you expect of him? :rolleyes

I think it's safe to say that the 10th/11th player on basically every team in the NBA is generally not going to consistently bring much to the table.

Duncan/Manu/Parker/Leonard/Green/Splitter/Diaw/Belinelli/Mills.....fuck, you're right. Even I won't stretch to say Bonner, Baynes, and Ayres bring that much value...even though Bonner is the Ibaka Slayer.

Drachen
11-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Bonner is most certainly more valuable than Jefferson was.

UZER
11-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Spurfans were disappointed in him because they expected him to come in averaging 15+ppg and still being the quality player he previously seemed to be (coming from a system he could shoot all he wanted, into a system where he would be a 6th/7th option), but didn't live up to that. Their expectations for him were stupidly high, so they created their own disappointment because of their retarded expectations, which is why its hilarious when they boo him, when it was the fans own faults that he disappointed them.

At this point in time, anyone who seriously is expecting anything other than a decent 8-10 point game maybe once a month, is severely retarded. Any Mav fan expecting more of him is even more stupid than the spurfanbase.

Wrong. Expectations weren't THAT high. They were just that he performed as advertised. But he not only underperforms on a good team, he sucks the life out of the team when he's on the court. It's hard to explain, but watching night after night...you'll see.

Leetonidas
11-04-2014, 06:54 PM

Dick Jefferson was a 20ppg scorer the year before and he was supposed to be the 4th option on the Spurs not the 6th or 7th. Pop pretty much gave him the greenlight on the floor and he was just generally lacking intensity and fire, he seemed bored most of the time and never really attacked or tried to get shit going. I don't think it was retarded for Spurfans to expect him to be putting up at least 14 points based on his career up to that point necessarily. Either way, he was severely disappointing as a Spur and imo it's not a coincidence the Spurs became contenders again the season they got rid of his Luke Walton-loving ass...

mavsfan1000
11-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Nothing special. But not much was expected out of him. Unlike the Spurs situation.

SupremeGuy
11-04-2014, 07:15 PM

At this point in time, anyone who seriously is expecting anything other than a decent 8-10 point game maybe once a month, is severely retarded. Any Mav fan expecting more of him is even more stupid than the spurfanbase.Except this thread was started by mavfans, faggot.

Reck
11-04-2014, 07:18 PM
This homosexual was beasting with Utah last year.

Granted that team sucks balls but he was decent with them.

FkLA
11-04-2014, 07:31 PM

You fucking moron. He was supposed to help form a Big 4, and spurfans werent the only ones that thought that. These were also the days before the Spurs had the offensive depth or perimeter defenders they do now--which made his shittiness even worse.

Malik Hairston
11-04-2014, 07:35 PM
You fucking moron. He was supposed to help form a Big 4, and spurfans werent the only ones that thought that. These were also the days before the Spurs had the offensive depth or perimeter defenders they do now--which made his shittiness even worse.

:lmao..

Axl Rose
11-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Just because a team has had previous success signing homos doesn't mean that every gay player you sign is going to work out IMHO.

Stalin
11-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Just because a team has had previous success signing homos doesn't mean that every gay player you sign is going to work out IMHO.

Co sign

Franklin
11-04-2014, 08:43 PM

You cannot deny the chance of rejuvenation for him though. Like Jermain O'Neal, dude was thought to be done as shit last season he played in Miami, but as you've seen he was a decent role player for Warriors last season in Bogut's absence.

Biernutz
11-04-2014, 09:07 PM
http://youtu.be/Ulg9n8ou1Dw

Buddy Mignon
11-04-2014, 09:34 PM
You niggas need to get your own material.

cd021
11-04-2014, 09:54 PM

Its pretty funny how much retread their is between the Texas triangle

Barry-Spurs to Rockets
Mihammi-Spurs to Mavs
Blair-Spurs to Mavs
Gooden-Spurs to Mavs
Jefferson-Spurs to GSW, Jazz and then Mavs
Novak-played for Rockets, Mavs and Spurs

FkLA
11-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Mihammi

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

dat spelling tbh

lefty
11-04-2014, 11:26 PM
:lol remember the thread upstairs when we acquired him ?

HI-FI
11-04-2014, 11:28 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

dat spelling tbh
Jag fans have the best gifs. this is still one of my favorite moments from MNF....
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/105591/jag-s-fan-o.gif

lefty
11-04-2014, 11:32 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/kid-making-faces-1.gif?w=1000

lefty
11-04-2014, 11:33 PM
http://footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/penis-sign-at-rice-marshall-game.gif

mystargtr34
11-05-2014, 05:09 AM
http://footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/penis-sign-at-rice-marshall-game.gif

Damn thats creative :lol

scanry
11-05-2014, 05:58 AM

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2014, 07:46 AM

his been force to be a system player when the spurs got him, thats what diaw/kawhi is doing atm...some nights u just wish fck these clowns are at leasts good at their position where they can beat anyone but are force to be passive on offense...doesnt help that they are stuck behind a ballhog

those years on SA, probably stunted RJ and now continue to do so...SF position was/is weakass back then....yet watchin this clown standing around on the perimeter doing jackshit as usual

Phillip
11-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Except this thread was started by mavfans, faggot.

Did I not say in the last sentence, that any Mav fan who expects much of anything out of him are even more stupid than spurfans? Do you not read, or do you just try to exude stupidity for the sake of it?

Phillip
11-05-2014, 11:47 AM

u mad?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lmao

He was never that good to begin with. He had some solid scoring totals because he was on teams where he could take all the shots he wanted, and/or had Jason Kidd in his prime setting him up with a bunch of easy buckets. He was a good athlete with average handles and a decent spot up shot, and that was it. He was going to a team that had a system that requires discipline of its scorers (which he did not have) which is exactly my point of why Spurfans had overly high expectations for him. I'm not saying he was a good player for the Spurs, just that spurfans overrate how bad he was because of their ridiculous expectations.

Phillip
11-05-2014, 11:48 AM
You cannot deny the chance of rejuvenation for him though. Like Jermain O'Neal, dude was thought to be done as shit last season he played in Miami, but as you've seen he was a decent role player for Warriors last season in Bogut's absence.

I'm not saying he can't be an effective 10th man and give the Mavs some solid depth. Just that anyone who expects him to be some real solid player is nuts. As long as he is not a negative presence on the court, Mavs fans should be happy with him.

Blake
11-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Rice was in the conference championship game?

conference usa must really suck some big ass

dirk4mvp
11-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Hopefully no Mavfan is dumb enough to say they wouldn't wanna trade Dick Jefferson for Melo

lol spurfan

AlexJones
11-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Hopefully no Mavfan is dumb enough to say they wouldn't wanna trade Dick Jefferson for Melo

lol spurfan

It takes chemistry and a team to win a title.

cd021
11-05-2014, 08:33 PM

dat spelling tbh
I took a shot and failed:lol

SupremeGuy
11-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Is this phillip kid autistic or something?

FkLA
11-05-2014, 09:13 PM
u mad?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lmao

He was never that good to begin with. He had some solid scoring totals because he was on teams where he could take all the shots he wanted, and/or had Jason Kidd in his prime setting him up with a bunch of easy buckets. He was a good athlete with average handles and a decent spot up shot, and that was it. He was going to a team that had a system that requires discipline of its scorers (which he did not have) which is exactly my point of why Spurfans had overly high expectations for him. I'm not saying he was a good player for the Spurs, just that spurfans overrate how bad he was because of their ridiculous expectations.

Nah, Im just calling you a moron bc you are one.

If I'm not mistaken Dick was among the league leaders in FTAs per game during his time in NJ and Milwaukee. He benefited from playing in NJ and the their fast pace, but he was also capable of getting his own. His three point shooting improved in SA but the rest of his game disappeared bc he became a timid bitch. He basically became Bowen (spot-up shooter) minus the elite defense. Nobody in their right mind could've expected that, moron.

FkLA
11-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I took a shot and failed:lol

:lol

100%duncan
11-05-2014, 09:17 PM

lol spurfan

I missed that. Who? I only remeber dasunsfan claiming dudley>melo :lmao

100%duncan
11-05-2014, 09:18 PM

lol spurfan

I missed that. Who? I only remeber dasunsfan claiming dudley>melo :lmao

dirk4mvp
11-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Obstructed_Douche imo

several spurs=class gnsf's agreed with him

Phillip
11-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Nah,:cry Im just calling you a m:cryoron bc you:cry are one:cry:cry:cry.

If I'm not mistaken Dick was among the league leaders in FTAs per game during his time in NJ and Milwaukee.

You are mistaken. He was only once in his career even in the top 10 in FTAs, placing 7th in the 07-08 season.

He benefited from playing in NJ and the their fast pace, but he was also capable of getting his own.

I don't disagree. But he wasn't exactly adept at creating offense either, aside from the fact that he was simply more athletic than other people.

His three point shooting improved in SA but the rest of his game disappeared bc he became a timid bitch. He basically became Bowen (spot-up shooter) minus the elite defense.

You sure it wasn't the system that caused that change? Considering the fact that nearly any scorer that has played in San Antonio during the Pop tenure, (aside from the big 3) always ends up being turned into primarily a spot up 3pt shooter? That, and the fact that his athleticism was declining around that time as well, which also is a major impact since he isn't a particularly skilled ball handler or post player, so once he couldn't "out-athlete" everyone, he struggled offensively.

Nobody in their right mind could've expected that, moron.

I think more expected it than you think. I'm quite sure that a number of non-spurs fans on here were saying he was not going to be as good as most spurfans expected him to be, for these exact reasons.

Phillip
11-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Is this phillip kid autistic or something?

:lol coming from the faggot who is too stupid to read a single sentence that clearly explains something he tried to argue about

Blake
11-05-2014, 11:29 PM
:cry

Glad to see mavfan in dis place.

:cry

FkLA
11-05-2014, 11:55 PM
You are mistaken. He was only once in his career even in the top 10 in FTAs, placing 7th in the 07-08 season.

He was 7th that season with NJ and 14th the next season in Milwaukee, which were the two seasons prior to him coming to SA. I think both can be considered among the league leaders.

I don't disagree. But he wasn't exactly adept at creating offense either, aside from the fact that he was simply more athletic than other people.

Sure. He wasn't elite but he was still a borderline all-star in the East.

You sure it wasn't the system that caused that change? Considering the fact that nearly any scorer that has played in San Antonio during the Pop tenure, (aside from the big 3) always ends up being turned into primarily a spot up 3pt shooter? That, and the fact that his athleticism was declining around that time as well, which also is a major impact since he isn't a particularly skilled ball handler or post player, so once he couldn't "out-athlete" everyone, he struggled offensively.

He wasn't brought in for that. All these other guys you speak of were guys like Barry and an older Finley who were primarily spot-up shooters when they got to SA. Dick was an athletic slasher. Stop talking out of your ass too...his athleticism was fine while he was in SA, certainly didn't decline enough to where he would go from Top 10-15 in FTAs to being a timid spot-up shooter.

I think more expected it than you think. I'm quite sure that a number of non-spurs fans on here were saying he was not going to be as good as most spurfans expected him to be, for these exact reasons.

There's a difference between production and his overall play. He averaged 20 ppg his one year in Milwaukee before coming to SA. I don't think anyone expected him to come into SA and do that...but I do think most expected him to be a guy that would attack and get his own offense when needed. That never really happened and he ended up being a 40 million dollar spot-up shooter who played bad defense. Nobody couldve really expected that transformation in his game so your 'retarded spurfan shouldve seen it coming' line is pretty moronic tbqh.

Blake
11-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Dick was an all star and was on Team Usa Basketball

Fuck yes I was expecting big things from that turd.

Franklin
11-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Dick's statline for 13-14 season in Utah

3.6-8.0
1.5-3.7
1.5-2.0

doesn't look too bad, imho.

DMC
11-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Spurs overpaid Dick and got Dick so they got what they paid for. They were fortunate to dump his ass off, but he's not a bad player, just not a good one. He's ok in "spurts".

Biernutz
11-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Dick's statline for 13-14 season in Utah
doesn't look too bad, imho.

Are you a Mav fan? You have used we and us when posting about the Mav's. You have Spurs sigs but if you are a Mav's
fan you should own it.

Biernutz
11-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Dick was brought in to be a Sean Elliott type of player. To shoot threes and make a run to the basket. He didn't
do either very well for us plus not playing defense got him on the end of the bench by mid season. He would not
take his shots when he had a open. He would pass it. He would go to the basket and become a poster for the
other teams big guy. Dick lost all his confidence and it showed. He had a large contract that pissed off everyone
because it was too hard to trade him. After he was finally traded he has bounced from team to team. He will be
gone from Dallas either this year or next.

Johnny RIngo
11-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Dick was an all star and was on Team Usa Basketball

Fuck yes I was expecting big things from that turd.

Jefferson was never an all-star.

Jodelo
11-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Mavs got him for the minimum and should not expect anything from him (I don't).

mkurts
11-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Nah, Im just calling you a moron bc you are one.

If I'm not mistaken Dick was among the league leaders in FTAs per game during his time in NJ and Milwaukee. He benefited from playing in NJ and the their fast pace, but he was also capable of getting his own. His three point shooting improved in SA but the rest of his game disappeared bc he became a timid bitch. He basically became Bowen (spot-up shooter) minus the elite defense. Nobody in their right mind could've expected that, moron.

But Bowen was a far better spot up shooter .......