PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and Durant, the two biggest threats have been neutralized

JohnnyMax
11-05-2014, 03:57 AM
Lebron is not the same player with the weight loss.
Durant may not make it back in time to save OKC.

Malik Hairston
11-05-2014, 04:09 AM
The two biggest threats to the Spurs are Father Time and injuries, tbh..

BatManu20
11-05-2014, 04:22 AM
^what he said.

BatManu20
11-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Durant will be back in a couple months. Westbrook before that. OKC will be fine in the long run imo. Lebron doesn't suddenly suck, he just needs time to learn how to play within the offense with his new teammates imo. He's being too passive and there's too much isolation going on with that team right now, and a lot of that has to do with Kyrie Irving needing the ball in his hands to score. They'll figure it out in due time though imo. It's a long season.

BanditHiro
11-05-2014, 04:25 AM
LeBron is coasting but either way the Cavs weren't going to be a threat this year. Hopefully the Thunder miss the playoffs then it should be smoothing sailing to the repeat.

boutons_deux
11-05-2014, 04:26 AM

:lol

anakha
11-05-2014, 04:29 AM
Jinx magnet thread tbh

MaineSpursFan
11-05-2014, 04:39 AM

Lebron is not the same player without the HGH and PEDS :downspin:

will_spurs
11-05-2014, 05:20 AM
Irving shooting 6-of-17 doesn't really help. They'll figure it out.

jermaine
11-05-2014, 06:08 AM
People need to be watching Houston!

szkorhetz
11-05-2014, 06:21 AM
A healthy okc team, finished seventh place in the west will be a huge threat in May, TBH.

Captivus
11-05-2014, 06:33 AM

A healthy okc team, finished seventh place in the west will be a huge threat in May, TBH.

spursparker9
11-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Thank you, Paleo diet :lol

KL2
11-05-2014, 08:37 AM
This may be the year TP actually wins FMVP since doing it against Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, hopefully the Spurs don't play an elite team so he can showcase his talents.

Leetonidas
11-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Oh look it's someone proclaiming shit after the first week of the season...seriously, stfu

hater
11-05-2014, 09:32 AM

/thread tbh

ps. When was ethiopian ever a threat to anyone??

Solid D
11-05-2014, 10:27 AM
People need to be watching Houston!

I'm with you, jermaine, and I was quite happy the Blazers knocked them out of the playoffs last season.

The sad thing to me about Houston is the NBA officials are helping James Harden way too much. He is quite good at what he does to draw fouls, but this is a bit ridiculous:
"James Harden has ONLY 18 field goals made and 86 points over his last 3 games. FROM ELIAS: The 18 field goals are the fewest EVER for a player with 85 or more points in NBA history."

Clipper Nation
11-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Lebron is not the same player without the HGH and PEDS :downspin:
LeBron is not the same player in meaningless November games.

lefty
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
And Enrique

xmas1997
11-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Durant will be back in a couple months. Westbrook before that. OKC will be fine in the long run imo. Lebron doesn't suddenly suck, he just needs time to learn how to play within the offense with his new teammates imo. He's being too passive and there's too much isolation going on with that team right now, and a lot of that has to do with Kyrie Irving needing the ball in his hands to score. They'll figure it out in due time though imo. It's a long season.

Makes sense to me.

cjw
11-05-2014, 10:42 AM
The sad thing to me about Houston is the NBA officials are helping James Harden way too much.

Maybe officiating loosens up come the playoffs? Let's also not get overly excited about them being 5-0 - four of those wins came against the two worst teams in each conference (LA, Utah, Boston, Philly). And it's not like the Heat are world beaters anymore.

RD2191
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
I never understood why players don't rough up players like KD and Harden, they're gonna call bullshit fouls with minimal contact anyways so why not make them really feel it and earn them? Make Harden think twice about drawing cheap fouls. Put him on his ass when he flops.

Leetonidas
11-05-2014, 10:50 AM
I never understood why players don't rough up players like KD and Harden, they're gonna call bullshit fouls with minimal contact anyways so why not make them really feel it and earn them? Make Harden think twice about drawing cheap fouls. Put him on his ass when he flops.

Too easy to get techs and ejections in today's game imho. If this were the 90s they'd be getting beat to the floor every time they drive. But their games rely on free throw shooting and in the current NBA where fouls are called for everything, pussy refball seems to work for these chuckers. Hell you can't even stare at someone for 3 seconds without getting t'd up. And refball players like Durant and Harden would probably still drive anyway knowing the officials would eject whoever roughs them up

RD2191
11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Too easy to get techs and ejections in today's game imho. If this were the 90s they'd be getting beat to the floor every time they drive. But their games rely on free throw shooting and in the current NBA where fouls are called for everything, pussy refball seems to work for these chuckers. Hell you can't even stare at someone for 3 seconds without getting t'd up. And refball players like Durant and Harden would probably still drive anyway knowing the officials would eject whoever roughs them up
Yeah, you're probably right.

will_spurs
11-05-2014, 10:56 AM

What I can't stand is players barely grazing another player's arm. Have a guy like Baynes bring down his arm forcefully on Harden's shooting arm. By the time Baynes gets his 6th foul, Harden won't even be able to lift his arm any more.

Leetonidas
11-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Spurs fuck people up just by setting beastly picks tbh. I remember a few times last season, once instance sticks out vs. Portland I think, where opposing players would get leveled by Splitter/Baynes setting a strong screen. If I remember correctly, didn't Lillard or someone say the Spurs were tough because they beat you up all game long with beastly picks?

Brazil
11-05-2014, 11:05 AM

Metta World Peace put harden on his ass tbh :lol

RD2191
11-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Metta World Peace put harden on his ass tbh :lol
That elbow to the face was awesome.:lol

Brazil
11-05-2014, 11:15 AM
That elbow to the face was awesome.:lol

I was feeling bad for Harden but now it makes me :lol and I almost consider now it was well deserved

Dex
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM

Bingo. Everybody acts like the Spurs have got the WC wrapped up, as if they've forgotten they still have 80 games to survive and hope they don't stumble into a similar fate.

Leetonidas
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM
It's funny what a few years will do. At the time people were like :cry omg harden World Peace is a thug suspend his thuggish ass :cry and now that Harden has been revealed as one of the biggest faggots in the league we all appreciate Ron for putting that flopping bitch in his place

Solid D
11-05-2014, 11:24 AM
The Spurs will get to see Houston tomorrow on the 2nd game of a b2b. Let's hope Harden doesn't get 14 FTAs, like he's averaged the past 3 games.

will_spurs
11-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Spurs fuck people up just by setting beastly picks tbh. I remember a few times last season, once instance sticks out vs. Portland I think, where opposing players would get leveled by Splitter/Baynes setting a strong screen. If I remember correctly, didn't Lillard or someone say the Spurs were tough because they beat you up all game long with beastly picks?

Yes, it was against Portland (both someobody falling after a hard screen, I think it was midcourt, and the player's comment). It's another way to be legally physical with players. All I'm saying is that of there's going to be a foul anyway, the other player should at least feel it and earn it.

TampaDude
11-06-2014, 12:03 AM
This may be the year TP actually wins FMVP since doing it against Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, hopefully the Spurs don't play an elite team so he can showcase his talents.

Boobie...LOL...and LeBrick's 2007 Cavs...SWEEP!

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2014, 01:37 AM
I'm with you, jermaine, and I was quite happy the Blazers knocked them out of the playoffs last season.

The sad thing to me about Houston is the NBA officials are helping James Harden way too much. He is quite good at what he does to draw fouls, but this is a bit ridiculous:
"James Harden has ONLY 18 field goals made and 86 points over his last 3 games. FROM ELIAS: The 18 field goals are the fewest EVER for a player with 85 or more points in NBA history."I've always hated that faggot. Reminds of this very old video lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbUni3tEOOg