PDA

View Full Version : Early 2015-2016 roster predictions

wildcardX
11-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Take a guess how the roster will look next season.

Will one or both Manu and Duncan retire?

Who will the Spurs re-sign between Leonard, Green, Beli, Baynes, Bonner, Ayres, Daye, and Joseph?

Any free agents you think they have a good chance to sign?

One or more of the Euro players will get a roster spot?

Will the Spurs draft pick get stashed or get a roster spot(probably too early to make guesses on this one)?

CGD
11-05-2014, 09:54 PM
1. Let's assume they both retire
2. Leonard, Green, Joseph
3. LaMarcus Adridge would be my pick; Marc Gasol is interesting but he can't play with Tiago
4. Bertans & JCL to replace some out going folks
5. Too early to know

cjw
11-05-2014, 10:07 PM
1. Let's assume they both retire
2. Leonard, Green, Joseph
3. LaMarcus Adridge would be my pick; Marc Gasol is interesting but he can't play with Tiago
4. Bertans & JCL to replace some out going folks
5. Too early to know

Not sure Marc and Tiago can't play together - Marc takes a lot of mid-range shots and they're both pretty good passers for bigs. At the very least, he has at least as much range as Duncan: http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4869362/MarcGasol_DistributionVsPPS.png

Either way, if you have to choose between the two, you take Marc and figure out Tiago later. Will be a very attractive 2 / $16.75mm contract after this year for a starting center. Could perhaps deal him for a big with some range, but I think you can get away with a lineup of those two plus Diaw (and Bertans?). Baynes probably wouldn't be needed back if that were the case, though if Tiago were gone could be.

Uriel
11-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Why start this thread now of all times? :lol

spurs1990
11-05-2014, 10:27 PM

We're defending NBA champions and the odds on favorite to repeat.

So yeah I don't have the foggiest idea why any Spurs fan would give two rats behind about anything other than Leonard's demand for the max, which by the way, is entirely dependent on how capable he shows to be in carrying the team at times.

See one trash brother, Klay Thompson.

wildcardX
11-05-2014, 11:13 PM

Sorry guys, not the best thread topic to come up with. I honestly couldn't really come up with much today. Just wanted to put up some type Spur discussion over all these "wife" threads that popped up today.

TheGreatYacht
11-05-2014, 11:44 PM
C: Bonner
PF: Ayres
SF: Anderson
SG: N/A
PG: Parker

RC will do nothing in the offseason, as usual

ElNono
11-05-2014, 11:45 PM
C: Bonner
PF: Ayres
SF: Anderson
SG: Kobe
PG: Parker

RC will do nothing in the offseason, as usual

12 win team?

TheGreatYacht
11-05-2014, 11:47 PM
12 win team?
:lol :lol

AFBlue
11-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Yeah those bullshit troll threads need to stay downstairs. Good on you for coming with something actually Spurs related. And I honestly think now is the perfect time for rosterbation. We can spin our wheels on hypotheticals rather than overreacting to the third game of the season and how it impacts title defense.

I'll say that both retire, Kawhi and Danny get resigned, Baynes and Joseph also stick around for one more year, and the Spurs lure an underrated free agent big.

CGD
11-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Yeah those bullshit troll threads need to stay downstairs. Good on you for coming with something actually Spurs related. And I honestly think now is the perfect time for rosterbation. We can spin our wheels on hypotheticals rather than overreacting to the third game of the season and how it impacts title defense.

I'll say that both retire, Kawhi and Danny get resigned, Baynes and Joseph also stick around for one more year, and the Spurs lure an underrated free agent big.

Agreed. With so many bullshit threads recently why not talk about this? Also, Leonard's max deal negotiations are/were directly, in part, tied to whether Tim and/or Manu decide to retire next year, so I don't get the reason why some above are so dismissive.

I'd love to see the Spurs buck the recent tanking obsession while Tony is still elite, and attempt to reload instead. I know RFA's are trickier, but I'm watching to see what Tristan Thompson and Tobais Harris do this year. Spurs need to bring in LJC into the mix as well to go along with Leonard, Joseph, Green and Anderson.