PDA

View Full Version : Legalized marijuana spreads to two more states and D.C. Next up, California.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 06:57 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/2014/1105/Legalized-marijuana-spreads-to-two-more-states-and-D.C.-Next-up-California

DarrinS
11-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Ok

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 07:02 PM
If they legalize it will potheads stfu about it?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 07:08 PM
If they legalize it will potheads stfu about it?

No. We're here to stay and we are making political ground every year now.

I think this is normally the point where your ilk says to 'deal with it or move to a different country.'

When I gets fully legalized then you will see an industry that of course will market their product. Think beer commercials.

You lack vision, nihilist.

DarrinS
11-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Legalize it and tax the living shit out of it like alcohol and cigarettes

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 07:15 PM

I think this is normally the point where your ilk says to 'deal with it or move to a different country.'

When I gets fully legalized then you will see an industry that of course will market their product. Think beer commercials.

Looks like a struck a nerve. I'm fine with weed, and I think it absolutely should be legal. But people who make it their #1 priority are insufferable. I mean I get it, u started in high school because it was cool and never grew out of it. That's cool. But it shouldn't dominate your everyday life and 50% of your conversating ability. It's like adults who still talk about Warcraft and shit

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2014, 07:18 PM

What have you done personally to help the movement gain political ground?

Being legal at the state level doesn't change much for me. Let me know when I can own guns AND grow plants legally and I'll get off my stoned ass to vote for the measure. Until then I'll continue smoking illegally as a gun owner like any other day.

And lol at advertising like beer commercials. Smh nope.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Looks like a struck a nerve. I'm fine with weed, and I think it absolutely should be legal. But people who make it their #1 priority are insufferable. I mean I get it, u started in high school because it was cool and never grew out of it. That's cool. But it shouldn't dominate your everyday life and 50% of your conversating ability. It's like adults who still talk about Warcraft and shit

Who said it was anyone's top priority, political of otherwise. My top political goal is a viable third party. Little progress on that front. Privately, I have very diverse interests. That does not mean I don't enjoy getting baked from time to time.

That being said I don't see what the problem is with enthusiasts anymore then the guys that organize Oktoberfest or similar festivals surrounding alcohol.

Seems like you are tying to strike a nerve. It's not particularly subtle.

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Not really. I've expressed these same sentiments before. I'm cool with weed but I find enthusiasts annoying

Aztecfan03
11-05-2014, 07:29 PM

Yep. Just like there aren't cigarette commercials anymore, there probably won't be Marijuana commercials.

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 07:44 PM
We agree on the third party thing though.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 08:18 PM
What have you done personally to help the movement gain political ground?

Being legal at the state level doesn't change much for me. Let me know when I can own guns AND grow plants legally and I'll get off my stoned ass to vote for the measure. Until then I'll continue smoking illegally as a gun owner like any other day.

We already knew that all you care about is guns and minority crime.

And you don't think a legal industry will advertize? First amendment doesn't mean much to you relative to the second.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Yep. Just like there aren't cigarette commercials anymore, there probably won't be Marijuana commercials.

On the TV and that was passed 30 years ago. There are print advertments for smokes.

:lol nanny state policy from GOP types.

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Fuzzy you can laugh all you want... You don't see cigarette ads on TV, and even alcohol commercials have strict rules of what they can and can't depict. You can't show beer games, people chugging beers, taking shots, etc. I'm not so sure they'd be running the type of as you are thinking for weed tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Fuzzy you can laugh all you want... You don't see cigarette ads on TV, and even alcohol commercials have strict rules of what they can and can't depict. You can't show beer games, people chugging beers, taking shots, etc. I'm not so sure they'd be running the type of as you are thinking for weed tbh

I have not said anything about certainty regarding a type. I am just saying that the industry will advertise. Of course the FDA et al will regulate but that is besides the point.

And I am laughing at him because I know he is one of the 'nanny state' rhetoric types and I find his stance of cheering for regulation steeped in vitamin I.

baseline bum
11-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Legalize it and tax the living shit out of it like alcohol and cigarettes

Don't agree with sin taxes tbh. Just legalize it and charge normal sales tax.

Aztecfan03
11-05-2014, 08:40 PM
I have not said anything about certainty regarding a type. I am just saying that the industry will advertise. Of course the FDA et al will regulate but that is besides the point.

And I am laughing at him because I know he is one of the 'nanny state' rhetoric types and I find his stance of cheering for regulation steeped in vitamin I.

Where did I cheer for regulation? I don't care much about the issue. I just said it likely won't be advertised on tv like you implied.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Where did I cheer for regulation? I don't care much about the issue. I just said it likely won't be advertised on tv like you implied.

You said there were no cig ads. I also don't think the marijuana industry is going to have the same centralization, corruption, and criminal issues that the cig company's do.

The 'doctors approve of the safety of our cigs' ads were a bit of a problem. Cig industry lost the privilege through their actions.

TeyshaBlue
11-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Just spent some time in Durango, CO. Pot shops are popping up everywhere......just like Vapor shops in Tx. Heavily regulated...there are two labs in town just to grade the pot....anything over a certain level is not allowed. Kinda like 3-2 Beer. :lol
Zero advertising tho.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Just spent some time in Durango, CO. Pot shops are popping up everywhere......just like Vapor shops in Tx. Heavily regulated...there are two labs in town just to grade the pot....anything over a certain level is not allowed. Kinda like 3-2 Beer. :lol
Zero advertising tho.

I don't see people being that brave until it's legal at the federal level. People are still worried about the next administrations justice department.

baseline bum
11-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Zero advertising tho.

Fuck, way different from California where the legal shit was incredible quality when I... knew niggas who smoked that shit. tbh

SnakeBoy
11-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Don't agree with sin taxes tbh. Just legalize it and charge normal sales tax.

As a conservative, I completely agree. Tax the hell out of things I don't like isn't a very conservative view.

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2014, 09:30 PM
We already knew that all you care about is guns and minority crime.

And you don't think a legal industry will advertize? First amendment doesn't mean much to you relative to the second.Again, what have you done personally to help the movement gain political ground?

And again no, it will be not be advertised like beer commercials, that is just stupid. I don't recall seeing one weed commercial in my two weeks in Amsterdam.

Wild Cobra
11-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Now if I can just find some seeds, I'll grow my four plants.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Again, what have you done personally to help the movement gain political ground?

And again no, it will be not be advertised like beer commercials, that is just stupid. I don't recall seeing one weed commercial in my two weeks in Amsterdam.

Again what I personally have done is both irrelevant and none of your business. Why am I not surprised that you spent your time overseas watching television?

We don't know precisely what will or will not happen. You speaking with certainty is a waste of time. I expect a fully legal industry to try and boost sales through advertisement channels they have available. If you don't want to consider the possibility then don't.

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Again what I personally have done is both irrelevant and none of your business. you said "we" have gained political ground. Have you done anything or do you want to revise your statement to "they" have gained political ground?
Why am I not surprised that you spent your time overseas watching television?there were tv's in most cafes, hard not to watch. You haven't been to Amsterdam I take it.

We don't know precisely what will or will not happen. You speaking with certainty is a waste of time. I expect a fully legal industry to try and boost sales through advertisement channels they have available. If you don't want to consider the possibility then don't.you likened weed commercials to beer commercials, I will tell you with certainty it will be nothing of the sort. It was a stupid take, own it.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 11:23 PM
you said "we" have gained political ground. Have you done anything or do you want to revise your statement to "they" have gained political ground? there were tv's in most cafes, hard not to watch. You haven't been to Amsterdam I take it.

you likened weed commercials to beer commercials, I will tell you with certainty it will be nothing of the sort. It was a stupid take, own it.

I was not the one that brought up TV and as of now there are no laws that preclude it per se.

The rest of your bullshit is meaningless. Your two weeks in amsterdam is not indicative of anything and you confusion over what the pronouns I use is another red herring as it doesn't matter.

I get that I fascinate you but I am not interested, weirdo.

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2014, 11:42 PM
I was not the one that brought up TV and as of now there are no laws that preclude it per se.You stupid stoner fuck.

Post #4
When I gets fully legalized then you will see an industry that of course will market their product. Think beer commercials. So who brought up TV again?

The rest of your bullshit is meaningless. Your two weeks in amsterdam is not indicative of anything and you confusion over what the pronouns I use is another red herring as it doesn't matter.

I get that I fascinate you but I am not interested, weirdo.So you haven't been to Amsterdam and you did nothing personally to further the political movement for legalization. Thanks for straightening that out.

rogues
11-05-2014, 11:48 PM
smh..don't do drugs kids..

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2014, 11:57 PM
You stupid stoner fuck.

Post #4 So who brought up TV again?

So you haven't been to Amsterdam and you did nothing personally to further the political movement for legalization. Thanks for straightening that out.

Are beer commercials only on TV? I was thinking of how the beer industry pursues advertising to expand sales. Your reading and critical thinking skills are god awful.

I have not said what I have or have not done. You can come up to whatever fantasy conclusions you would like with your version of critical thinking; I still am not interested.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2014, 12:10 AM
And let's just be clear, posturing over what might or might not be allowed in a mostly undefined hypothetical future is a waste of time.

I personally want to go back 40 years or so and find the behavioral psychologist who came up with the notion of not showing consumption on air and slap them.

I only support censorship in cases like with tobacco where they had intentionally misled the public and abused the right of free expression. OTOH, I do not support legislation without such cause.

So you would support censorship of marijuana advertisements even if it was legal in the area where it was broadcast?

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Are beer commercials only on TV? I was thinking of how the beer industry pursues advertising to expand sales. Your reading and critical thinking skills are god awful.What are these not on TV commercials you speak of?

I have not said what I have or have not done. You can come up to whatever fantasy conclusions you would like with your version of critical thinking; I still am not interested.You can simply just say you haven't been to Amsterdam and were not aware they do not have weed commercials being shown like beer commercials.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2014, 12:16 AM
So you would support censorship of marijuana advertisements even if it was legal in the area where it was broadcast?Not at all. Just letting you know it is stupid to "think beer commercials".

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2014, 12:20 AM
What are these not on TV commercials you speak of?

You can simply just say you haven't been to Amsterdam and were not aware they do not have weed commercials being shown like beer commercials.

Not at all. Just letting you know it is stupid to "think beer commercials".

Web, radio, and print.

Your experience in Amsterdam is not representative of what it is actually like. You can keep repeating yourself but that still isn't going to change, dimwit.

And so you are simply being asshurt and trying to win a point like a petty fool. Why am I not surprised.

You're boring again. Go huff Raid for awhile; I am done wasting my time with you.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Web, radio, and print. cant say I've ever seen a web beer commercial...radio and print commercials, obsolete.

Your experience in Amsterdam is not representative of what it is actually like. You can keep repeating yourself but that still isn't going to change, dimwit.what was your experience then? I saw no weed commercials.

And so you are simply being asshurt and trying to win a point like a petty fool. Why am I not surprised.

You're boring again. Go huff Raid for awhile; I am done wasting my time with you.simply pointing out your foolish assumptions. You must get some shitty weed wherever you're at, I've never encountered a grumpier stoner.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2014, 01:12 AM
Cannabis ads are in the NYT:

First-ever full-page New York Times marijuana ad runs

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/first-ever-full-page-new-york-times-marijuana-ad-runs/

Just happened a few months ago. I keep saying that as the boomer generation dies off, things are going to change significantly. I have already benefited from their retirement.

boutons_deux
11-06-2014, 06:15 AM
blaming the "boomers" for all kinds of shit is part of the VRWC propaganda to confuse people (many rednecks love being confused and lied to) while deflecting blame from the real culprits, just like the VRWC propaganda of "gotta privatize SS because it's bankrupt", "gotta kill hyper-inflation because ...", "national debt is a disaster, so kill the safety net, privatize medicare", etc, etc. LIE AFTER LIE AFTER LIE (all self-serving)

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
blaming the "boomers" for all kinds of shit is part of the VRWC propaganda to confuse people (many rednecks love being confused and lied to) while deflecting blame from the real culprits, just like the VRWC propaganda of "gotta privatize SS because it's bankrupt", "gotta kill hyper-inflation because ...", "national debt is a disaster, so kill the safety net, privatize medicare", etc, etc. LIE AFTER LIE AFTER LIE (all self-serving)

thanks moonbat.

The behavior of your voting block is well documented and pointing to your simpleminded boogeyman is not going to change that.

boutons_deux
11-06-2014, 03:41 PM
thanks moonbat.

The behavior of your voting block is well documented and pointing to your simpleminded boogeyman is not going to change that.

you probably don't have the data, but Ms of boomers got fucked along with the rest of the economy in 2008, and Ms of them,due to their age, are still fucked, with no jobs, or much lower paying jobs.

Blaming boomers is part of the propaganda to deflect from the real culprits

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2014, 03:44 PM
you probably don't have the data, but Ms of boomers got fucked along with the rest of the economy in 2008, and Ms of the,due to their age, are still fucked, with no jobs, or much lower paying jobs.

:lol I don't have the data to prove your argument?

You reap what you sow.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/10/who-destroyed-the-economy-the-case-against-the-baby-boomers/263291/

Just because you are greedy and self serving does not mean that no negative outcome will happen. Boomers are the worst generation since the one born at the beginning of the 20th century. It is what it is.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Cannabis ads are in the NYT:

First-ever full-page New York Times marijuana ad runs

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/first-ever-full-page-new-york-times-marijuana-ad-runs/

Just happened a few months ago. I keep saying that as the boomer generation dies off, things are going to change significantly. I have already benefited from their retirement.

I almost mistook that for a beer commercial.

boutons_deux
11-06-2014, 04:31 PM
it's not generational conflict, dumbass. That's propaganda semen you've swallowed like gay whore in a bath house.

it's the Class Warfare, that really got going in the 1970s when "movement conservatism" aka VRWC, got organized, busting unions, cutting taxes on BigCorp and wealthy, and getting their hatchet men in power under St Ronnie The Diseased.

Big Picture stuff, too big your shit-for-brains.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2014, 04:45 PM
it's not generational conflict, dumbass. That's propaganda semen you've swallowed like gay whore in a bath house.

it's the Class Warfare, that really got going in the 1970s when "movement conservatism" aka VRWC, got organized, busting unions, cutting taxes on BigCorp and wealthy, and getting their hatchet men in power under St Ronnie The Diseased.

Big Picture stuff, too big your shit-for-brains.

Thanks Imus but speak for yourself. We will see how far your class paradigm flies. In the meantime, the millennials HATE your demographic. Likely because of the anti-millennial smear campaign.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/09/millennials-stop-talking-bout-my-generation-110766_Page3.html

I can find a LOT more if you want to argue the point.

boutons_deux
11-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks Imus but speak for yourself. We will see how far your class paradigm flies. In the meantime, the millennials HATE your demographic. Likely because of the anti-millennial smear campaign.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/09/millennials-stop-talking-bout-my-generation-110766_Page3.html

I can find a LOT more if you want to argue the point.

Ben can GFY. there's no DATA is there that refutes the Class War explanation, not generational war.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Ben can GFY. there's no DATA is there that refutes the Class War explanation, not generational war.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/12/13/baby-boomers-worst-generation/

http://reason.com/archives/2012/07/11/the-real-class-warfare-baby-boomers-vs-y

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/20/baby_boomers_ruined_america_why_blaming_millennial s_is_misguided_and_annoying/

http://www.esquire.com/features/worst-generation-0400

http://www.economist.com/node/21563725

And what do not mutually exclusive mean? I get that you hold to the marxist ideal but even if you are right, that does not preclude me from being right.