PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Is Lebron Past His Prime, tbh?

Calispursfan11
11-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Despite good scoring and decent numbers overall, he's not looking like he has the past few seasons. I don't think this is a chemistry issue at all. Let's face it, no one can fend off father time and Lebron is not a young man anymore. He reminds me of Dwyane Wade a season before he fell of a cliff physically and statistically, like that last really good but not great season before a steep dive for the next few years.

Venti Quattro
11-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Nope. But it can be argued that the peak of his prime is over. Those were played in Miami

DMC
11-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Fuck no. It's the beginning of November. He's been in 4 straight Finals. He's a climber, not a sprinter. You'll see.

skut_farkus
No Hgh connection in Cleveland right now.

Calispursfan11
Nope. But it can be argued that the peak of his prime is over. Those were played in Miami

So how far below the peak of his prime now IYHO.

rogues
11-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Losing weight is suppose to help lengthen his career..less wear and tear on them knees..we have a small sample size about how his game has been impacted with the loss..he isn't the same..as to the question, no, he is not..

Mikeanaro
11-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah and thats not gonna turn on Gay Ray.

By "past his prime", you mean he's not using Hgh anymore? I agree.

Venti Quattro
So how far below the peak of his prime now IYHO.
He isn't as strong defensively. Offensively he added range and his vision is still the same

Calispursfan11
11-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Kyrie and K Love arguably drop his numbers a little bit but not much if he's still at last year's level; there's something else missing right now. We'll see in a month or two I suppose.

DMC
11-05-2014, 11:40 PM
It's one thing to shit talk a player during a rivalry, but to just make stupid remarks out of sheer ignorant hate is quite another. He's the best player in the game, and number 2 isn't even close.

spurraider21
gordon hayward just took his cookie

Venti Quattro
Yeah and thats not gonna turn on Gay Ray.

He will be a Cav imo. He plays with Bron and they need him

Calispursfan11
By "past his prime", you mean he's not using Hgh anymore? I agree.

I know that's been speculated but you don't see the radical jaw transformation with Lebron as we did Wade, so the evidence is not AS compelling.

rogues
11-05-2014, 11:41 PM
LeBron is also struggling because he's trying to play in a system that promotes ball movement..the bad thing is the team has ball stoppers that either look for their own shot or do not know how to play without the ball..

BatManu20
11-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Overreaction thread is an overreaction.

Calispursfan11
11-05-2014, 11:43 PM
LeBron is also struggling because he's trying to play in a system that promotes ball movement..the bad thing is the team has ball stoppers that either look for their own shot or do not know how to play without the ball..

Good point tbh. I pretty much agree.

11-05-2014, 11:43 PM
He never had a killer crossover or anything, he just plowed people over with his athleticism. I saw a clip of him earlier where he couldn't take Trevor Booker off the dribble

And then you have this https://t.co/TDKwTOIMkN

11-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Found the Trevor Booker clip. He actually travels too :lol https://t.co/h0vBumN4A1

Calispursfan11
gordon hayward just took his cookie

I saw that. Looked like an ankle breaker. Hayward is legit.

RsxPiimp
overreaction :lol

i was surprised though when he couldn't bully gordon hayward in the post. that was concerning.

Malik Hairston
11-05-2014, 11:45 PM
- Too early to say, small sample size

- He's playing in a much different system, it took years to build perfection in Miami

- It's concerning that he lost weight and wants to play on the perimeter more, since he no longer has the explosiveness to rely entirely on the outside game..he transitioned into an inside-outside game with the Heat, which negated any loss of athleticism/explosiveness..if he's going to attempt to base his entire game from the attack from outside, it's not going to work, he doesn't have the speed/athleticism anymore..

- People don't realize how much he carried the Heat for 4 years..He played both the Jordan and Pippen role for them, it's possible that it has taken a toll on his body..

DMC
11-05-2014, 11:45 PM

:lmao shitty takes abound

This will be a bumpable thread in a very short amount of time.

Calispursfan11
11-05-2014, 11:46 PM

- He's playing in a much different system, it took years to build perfection in Miami

- It's concerning that he lost weight and wants to play on the perimeter more, since he no longer has the explosiveness to rely entirely on the outside game

- People don't realize how much he carried the Heat for 4 years..He played both the Jordan and Pippen role for them, it's possible that it has taken a toll on his body..

What does Lebron weigh at this point.

spurraider21
i like hayward, he's a good player, but the jazz aren't going anywhere with him as their franchise guy.

100%duncan
Could be. But still undoubtedly the best player right now.

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 11:47 PM

- It's concerning that he lost weight and wants to play on the perimeter more, since he no longer has the explosiveness to rely entirely on the outside game..he transitioned into an inside-outside game with the Heat, which negated any loss of athleticism/explosiveness..if he's going to attempt to base his entire game from the attack from outside, it's not going to work, he doesn't have the speed/athleticism anymore..

i wouldn't say years... i would say "a year."

they were at their best in 2011-2012. they looked vulnerable in the 2013 postseason against Indiana and San Antonio

DPG21920
11-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Having Lebron play the glorified Boris Diaw role is not the best way to use him. He needs to dominate the ball a bit more use guys like Kyrie as spot up shooters with the ability to take over ball-handling, creating when Lebron gets rest.

Calispursfan11
11-05-2014, 11:48 PM
i like hayward, he's a good player, but the jazz aren't going anywhere with him as their franchise guy.

Yeah, they need another weapon or two before they can even dream of the playoffs.

11-05-2014, 11:49 PM
And he didn't in Cleveland before he went to Miami? He worked less in Miami except maybe the last year where Wade didn't play as much.

RD2191
11-05-2014, 11:49 PM
I have never been impressed by LBJ. It has also infuriated when people talk about him being a top 10 player of all time. LeBrons entire game has revolved around him being a freak athlete and a monster with very good speed at his size. Over the years his most impressive plays have been dunks and his patented bulldozing to the rim. Once he loses his athleticism his game will go down fast. I have said this for years. Just wait and see.

DPG21920
11-05-2014, 11:50 PM
I have never been impressed by LBJ. It has also infuriated when people talk about him being a top 10 player of all time. LeBrons entire game has revolved around him being a freak athlete and a monster with very good speed at his size. Over the years his most impressive plays have been dunks and his patented bulldozing to the rim. Once he loses his athleticism his game will go down fast. I have said this for years. Just wait and see.

Que?

Malik Hairston
i wouldn't say years... i would say "a year."

they were at their best in 2011-2012. they looked vulnerable in the 2013 postseason against Indiana and San Antonio

The 2012 team was still able to dominate defensively, though..they were still overwhelming, athletically..

The 2013 and 2014 Heat got by strictly on chemistry/continuity/Lebron..

spurraider21
I have never been impressed by LBJ.
:lmao

DMC
11-05-2014, 11:51 PM
And he didn't in Cleveland before he went to Miami? He worked less in Miami except maybe the last year where Wade didn't play as much.
He didn't make 4 Finals runs consecutively in Cleveland.

benstanfield
11-05-2014, 11:51 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013-08-13/biogenesis-nba-hgh-testing-adam-silver-major-league-baseball-alex-rodriguez-ryan

In all honesty, a lot of his weaknesses and/or aging were masked on MIA by having two great defenders and a really good defensive scheme in MIA. Where he could coast for three quarters and win regular season games in the fourth, he is now finding himself down 15+ in the first half because he is the only decent defender Cleveland has

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 11:52 PM
The 2012 team was still able to dominate defensively, though..they were still overwhelming, athletically..

The 2013 and 2014 Heat got by strictly on chemistry/continuity/Lebron..
they had the big win streak during the 12-13 season too after the Andersen pickup. he was actually a great fit/spark for them that year.

still, the hapless bulls actually dragged em to 6, the pacers took them to 7, and it took 6 to win the finals. not a dominant run like we saw in '12

DMC

You should stay in the club posting pho.to pics of a the wrong guy. It suits you. Leave basketball alone.

Malik Hairston

1. Lebron in Cleveland was mostly a defensive non-factor
2. That was a long-ass time ago, the Miami years just added even more tread

100%duncan
11-05-2014, 11:53 PM

Lebron is already top10 imho. One of the best athletes ever.

11-05-2014, 11:54 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013-08-13/biogenesis-nba-hgh-testing-adam-silver-major-league-baseball-alex-rodriguez-ryan

In all honesty, a lot of his weaknesses and/or aging were masked on MIA by having two great defenders and a really good defensive scheme in MIA. Where he could coast for three quarters and win regular season games in the fourth, he is now finding himself down 15+ in the first half because he is the only decent defender Cleveland has

:cry b-b-but Miami sucked and lebron makes his teammates better

:cry he was alone in Miami

spurraider21
11-05-2014, 11:54 PM
1. Lebron in Cleveland was mostly a defensive non-factor
2. That was a long-ass time ago, the Miami years just added even more tread
were't those cavs consistently ranked among the highest defenses? i think lebron had a bit to do with that

RD2191
11-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Lebron is already top10 imho. One of the best athletes ever.
I don't see it. Especially since he had to join 2 other stars to ring.

RD2191
11-05-2014, 11:55 PM
You should stay in the club posting pho.to pics of a the wrong guy. It suits you. Leave basketball alone.
You should lose weight, tubby.

100%duncan
11-05-2014, 11:58 PM

And he carried those 2 to 2 rings. Jordan had Pippen. TD had manu and tp and Pop. You sound like a casual fan/bron hater with that kind of logic.

You could say the same about Shaq and he was one of the most dominant big men of all time. Just a freak of nature. I sort of agree, nothing about Lebron's game impresses me much. Even his dunks are boring. He has good vision but he never throws rondo/rubio-esque passes. The only time I'm excited watching Lebron is when his jumpshot is falling which is every once in a while.

Malik Hairston
were't those cavs consistently ranked among the highest defenses? i think lebron had a bit to do with that

2009 was probably the only season with the Cavs where he consistently guarded the opposing team's best player and anchored a defense, tbh..

Still, those Cavs teams couldn't play D in the playoffs once they matched up against decent opposition, and it wasn't anything like the job he did in Miami from 2011 to 2013..those Heat teams were elite on defense all year without a traditional rim protector..

DMC
If Lebron even remotely hinted he wasn't going to resign in Cleveland, and hinted at any other team in the league, that team's fans would suddenly start sucking him off on every forum on the webs. Why? Because he's a difference maker.

DMC
11-05-2014, 11:59 PM
You should lose weight, tubby.
Even if I was fat, I could lose weight, but you'd still be an idiot.

HI-FI
11-06-2014, 12:00 AM
No Hgh connection in Cleveland right now.
this. no Biogenesis nearby with the papa john routes.

Venti Quattro
11-06-2014, 12:00 AM
:lol

DMC
11-06-2014, 12:01 AM
this. no Biogenesis nearby with the papa john routes.
The cramps scared him. I think he dropped the hgh because of it, thus the decrease in body mass.

RD2191
11-06-2014, 12:02 AM
You know you're fat. And why are you melting down over Lebron? Aren't you a racist?:lol Fat and stupid.:lol

RD2191
11-06-2014, 12:04 AM
And he carried those 2 to 2 rings. Jordan had Pippen. TD had manu and tp and Pop. You sound like a casual fan/bron hater with that kind of logic.
He didn't carry anyone. It was a team effort.

DMC
11-06-2014, 12:04 AM
You know you're fat. And why are you melting down over Lebron? Aren't you a racist?:lol Fat and stupid.:lol

And we all know you're stupid, now.

:lol trying to pretend your stupid take was a troll
:lol two posts in and already playing the meltdown card

Calispursfan11
11-06-2014, 12:05 AM
The elimination of PEDs, if he was in fact on them, is not going to help his game. That much is clear.

RD2191
11-06-2014, 12:05 AM
If Ray Allen doesn't hit that 3 LeBron would have 1 ring playing with 2 stars by his side. :lol

DMC
11-06-2014, 12:06 AM
If Ray Allen doesn't hit that 3 LeBron would have 1 ring playing with 2 stars by his side. :lol

If Spain didn't rape your ancestors, you'd be speaking Portuguese.

RD2191
And we all know you're stupid, now.

:lol trying to pretend your stupid take was a troll
:lol two posts in and already playing the meltdown card
Answer the question tubby.

HI-FI
The cramps scared him. I think he dropped the hgh because of it, thus the decrease in body mass.

true that. i think our co-Finals MVP, Ruud RA-14, exposed him somewhat. so now he's trying to adjust his game without the freakish mass.

Calispursfan11

This is a fact.

100%duncan
11-06-2014, 12:10 AM

Exactly. Basketball is team effort.

cjw
11-06-2014, 12:26 AM

Agreed. He may actually be worthy of a max contract but needs a better guy around him (could have had Paul George a spot later, but Hayward is good value for the 9th pick). Burks is also improving ... Kawhi went a few spots later and there were some other solid guys in the neighborhood.

The Jazz may surprise some people with a win total in the high 30s if Favors and Kanter develop this year - surprised they're just 23 and 22. Not a bad haul for fat DWill. Hayward is the oldest guy in that core at 24. They would be even better now had they managed to get any draft picks for Al or Millsap before they walked in free agency.

Still, they have a lot of nice pieces, but no top 15 guy that it takes to win.

spurraider21
11-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Agreed. He may actually be worthy of a max contract but needs a better guy around him (could have had Paul George a spot later, but Hayward is good value for the 9th pick). Burks is also improving ... Kawhi went a few spots later and there were some other solid guys in the neighborhood.

The Jazz may surprise some people with a win total in the high 30s if Favors and Kanter develop this year - surprised they're just 23 and 22. Not a bad haul for fat DWill. Hayward is the oldest guy in that core at 24. They would be even better now had they managed to get any draft picks for Al or Millsap before they walked in free agency.

Still, they have a lot of nice pieces, but no top 15 guy that it takes to win.
hayward could excel as a point-forward on a team that had a dynamic big like cousins, davis, griffin, prime pau, aldridge, dwight etc... and a ball dominant point guard like burke isn't doing him any favors either, no pun intended

illusioNtEk
11-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Let's wait till he is ATLEAST in mid season form.... He is coasting it for now

jimbo
11-06-2014, 12:41 AM
they had the big win streak during the 12-13 season too after the Andersen pickup. he was actually a great fit/spark for them that year.

still, the hapless bulls actually dragged em to 6, the pacers took them to 7, and it took 6 to win the finals. not a dominant run like we saw in '12

That streak + the championship was more impressive than just the '12 championship run imo. No one tries to break regular season records anymore. All of the good teams are too scared to even try it. It says a lot about their confidence/chemistry that they'd actually do it and even more about their talent that they could pull it off while coasting half of each game.

Against the Bulls and Pacers I never felt like they were ever going to lose. It's kinda like the Mavs pushing the Spurs to 7 last year. It just happens sometimes, especially when teams wear themselves out i the regular season.

Indiana and the Spurs were just bad matchups for them, not to mention a whole lot of bullshit happened on both sides in the Spurs/Heat series. Had they went through OKC again in the Finals they'd have won in 5.

spurraider21
11-06-2014, 12:43 AM
That streak + the championship was more impressive than just the '12 championship run imo. No one tries to break regular season records anymore. All of the good teams are too scared to even try it. It says a lot about their confidence/chemistry that they'd actually do it and even more about their talent that they could pull it off while coasting half of each game.

Against the Bulls and Pacers I never felt like they were ever going to lose. It's kinda like the Mavs pushing the Spurs to 7 last year. It just happens sometimes, especially when teams wear themselves out i the regular season.

Indiana and the Spurs were just bad matchups for them, not to mention a whole lot of bullshit happened on both sides in the Spurs/Heat series. Had they went through OKC again in the Finals they'd have won in 5.
don't know about that one. the Pacers gave them a scare in 2011 (albeit with bosh being hurt during that series) by going up 2-1 at one point... and then one year later they were neck and neck in what became a 7 game series.

cjw
11-06-2014, 12:44 AM
hayward could excel as a point-forward on a team that had a dynamic big like cousins, davis, griffin, prime pau, aldridge, dwight etc... and a ball dominant point guard like burke isn't doing him any favors either, no pun intended

I don't understand the league's obsession with inefficient, undersized, ball-dominant PGs that struggle defensively. Charlotte made a push for him but not sure he would have meshed well with Kemba.

Matching Hayward with a shooter at SG or a stretch four, a guy like Iggy at 2/3 who can also handle the ball, a guy who can cover opposing PGs and a dominant big as you say would be solid.

RD2191
11-06-2014, 12:45 AM
don't know about that one. the Pacers gave them a scare in 2011 (albeit with bosh being hurt during that series) by going up 2-1 at one point... and then one year later they were neck and neck in what became a 7 game series.
Not to mention the sitting Hibbert fiasco.:lol

Arcadian
11-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Past his peak, yes. He has one or two "prime years" left. As Malik said, he has certainly lost some speed and athleticism already. In the end it will be:

1) Miami Lebron
2) Young Cleveland Lebron
3) Returned to Cleveland Lebron

jimbo
11-06-2014, 12:50 AM

They were down 3-2 to Boston in '12, I never felt like they were going to lose that series either. When the Heat needed to step up, they did. They were just completely outclassed last year though.

spurraider21
11-06-2014, 12:53 AM
They were down 3-2 to Boston in '12, I never felt like they were going to lose that series either. When the Heat needed to step up, they did. They were just completely outclassed last year though.
yeah i got my years mixed up. meant to say the pacers scared them in '12 then took them to 7 in '13...

i agree that the '12 run was their best, which was my point i was making

Franklin
11-06-2014, 12:59 AM
dude's as far away from his prime now as his eyebrows are to his hairline, tbh.

Malik Hairston
11-06-2014, 01:03 AM

That was my point about the Heat, though..

By the 2012-2013 season, their system/chemistry was phenomenal, it was no longer a team that destroyed you with athleticism like the 2011 and 2012 teams..

jimbo
11-06-2014, 01:08 AM
yeah i got my years mixed up. meant to say the pacers scared them in '12 then took them to 7 in '13...

i agree that the '12 run was their best, which was my point i was making

That's what I thought you meant anyways. But my point was that they were also pushed to 7 by an even shittier Boston team during that '12 run. Remember that abysmal 76ers Boston series? Shit was so unwatchable it was a joke.

But I don't mean to put down the '12 run to pump up the '13 run. Just saying that teams with good matchups/gameplans can push even good teams to 6-7 games. How often do those teams pull the upsets on contenders?

spurraider21
11-06-2014, 01:11 AM
That's what I thought you meant anyways. But my point was that they were also pushed to 7 by an even shittier Boston team during that '12 run. Remember that abysmal 76ers Boston series? Shit was so unwatchable it was a joke.

But I don't mean to put down the '12 run to pump up the '13 run. Just saying that teams with good matchups/gameplans can push even good teams to 6-7 games. How often do those teams pull the upsets on contenders?
there's also a chance i'm still bitter about 2013 and feel like the spurs were better than them

DMC
11-06-2014, 01:34 AM
there's also a chance i'm still bitter about 2013 and feel like the spurs were better than them
The better team always wins in a best of seven. Spurs didn't lose the Finals because of game 6. They lost the HCA in SA pretty convincingly, and had yet another shot at it in game 7.

Thebesteva
11-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Fuck no. It's the beginning of November. He's been in 4 straight Finals. He's a climber, not a sprinter. You'll see.

You a Lebron dick licker now DMC?

TDMVPDPOY
11-06-2014, 01:46 AM
the year the heat won 27 straight games, nothing impressive about that year and run, padding wins against horseshit leastern teams

spurs also won +20 straight games also that year, and coasted their way to the finals

nothing impressive about the heat run

unforeseen
11-06-2014, 02:08 AM
Kawhi + Daye + Bonner + Ayers for Lebron. Do it RC.

spurraider21
11-06-2014, 02:09 AM
The better team always wins in a best of seven. Spurs didn't lose the Finals because of game 6. They lost the HCA in SA pretty convincingly, and had yet another shot at it in game 7.
would the spurs have won the series if not for ray allen's shot?

Galileo
11-06-2014, 02:23 AM
He already passed his prime last year. He had 3 peaks:

2007 east playoffs vs Detroit
2010 1st 6 games of his final playoff series
2012 season and playoffs

Anthony Davis is now the best player in NBA and is the next Tim Duncan.

100%duncan
11-06-2014, 02:25 AM
He already passed his prime last year. He had 3 peaks:

2007 east playoffs vs Detroit
2010 1st 6 games of his final playoff series
2012 season and playoffs

Anthony Davis is now the best player in NBA and is the next Tim Duncan.

Not yet. Id still take bron over ad this year

Galileo
11-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Not yet. Id still take bron over ad this year

AD is still playing possum.

Malik Hairston
11-06-2014, 02:36 AM
AD is still playing possum.

It would be nice if he could stay on the court, he's a pussy, tbh..

Raven
11-06-2014, 03:58 AM
could easily be just a down year..

~O~
11-06-2014, 04:22 AM
This was expected. Finally, he's showing how human he is after the NBA placed him for the past decade on the highest pedestal. He's never missed the playoffs in a long time and he's always had to carry a majority of the load. His past 4 seasons, he carried a team to the finals 4 straight times.

I believe he overreacted by choosing to lose a majority of his muscle weight in the offseason and may second guessed his team by shipping himself back home. The Spurs have psychologically crushed his spirit and that shit of a team around him that everyone boosted to being a playoff contender is currently being exposed.

Meanwhile, the Spurs are still intact.

The eastern conference is far more competitive this season. There's a balance now that all the primadonnas aren't on the same team.

I believe James is past his prime which his best season was the second season of his Heat tenure but yes check his game log. He's been average in comparison to what he's capable of.

Malik Hairston
11-06-2014, 04:25 AM
^^ The East isn't really more competitive, tbh..I guess, technically, it is, since there are more above average teams this year(rather than last year's embarrassment of a conference), but there aren't any standout teams outside of the projected top 2..

The Bulls are the only team that is clearly better than the Cavs when they're healthy, but Rose is already getting hurt every game..

Cleveland still has by far the highest ceiling if they get it together..

mkurts
11-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Yep pretty much ... can't carry the team alone like he did in Cleveland, and doesn't have the mileage in his legs anymore.

Still more effective than Kobe though

LkrFan
11-06-2014, 06:45 AM

:lol

LkrFan
11-06-2014, 06:46 AM

Yep yep! :lol

Thebesteva
11-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Yep yep! :lol

How the fuck can someone be a fan of a championship team and love a player so much on the team trying to dethrone them?

:lol Spurs fans

Calispursfan11
11-06-2014, 06:56 AM
How the fuck can someone be a fan of a championship team and love a player so much on the team trying to dethrone them?

:lol Spurs fans

Only on ST.

Kidd K
11-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Nah, I don't think we can claim he's in decline and out of his prime after only four games. If it was 40 games. . .yeah. But it's 4.

Let's see where he is in December before proclaiming this kind of thing. He has to get used to his new team and system, not to mention get over the awkwardness of going back to Cleveland and dealing with the fact he got "dethroned" in embarrassing blowout fashion with a much more experienced team last year.

Koolaid_Man
11-06-2014, 07:15 AM

:lmao you're chapping some assholes in this thread

Koolaid_Man
11-06-2014, 07:16 AM

You are on the fucking money....that bitch caught cramps...the only bitches I know that catch cramps are those on their periods HAHAHA

Koolaid_Man
11-06-2014, 07:18 AM

on the FUCKING MONEY :lmao keep this shit up and you will get the Koolaid of the year award

Koolaid_Man
11-06-2014, 07:21 AM

The dick is nothing but an annoyance to DMC he's just after the cum

Koolaid_Man
11-06-2014, 07:22 AM
It's dawned on me I need to change my Avatar. Alba Berlin is actually better than my team right now.

Calispursfan11
11-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Lol Koolaid not mincing words.

Calispursfan11
11-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Nah, I don't think we can claim he's in decline and out of his prime after only four games. If it was 40 games. . .yeah. But it's 4.

Let's see where he is in December before proclaiming this kind of thing. He has to get used to his new team and system, not to mention get over the awkwardness of going back to Cleveland and dealing with the fact he got "dethroned" in embarrassing blowout fashion with a much more experienced team last year.

Small sample size true. As others have suggested it could be the weight or HGH issue but I think there's more to it. It definitely seems physical which should concern his fans and new team somewhat. He's simply not what we're used to seeing right now and might never return to old form.

UZER
11-06-2014, 07:49 AM
He never had a killer crossover or anything, he just plowed people over with his athleticism. I saw a clip of him earlier where he couldn't take Trevor Booker off the dribble

And then you have this https://t.co/TDKwTOIMkN

:lol "LeBron wanted a goaltend" after he made a career off those same plays.

I said many many years ago, about lebrons 2-3 yr, his jumpshot would keep him from becoming THE greatest ever. Hear me out...

It's the reason he "mentally" struggled in so many games over his career. It's just not reliable and caused him to hesitate so much in big moments, or pass the ball to scrubs.

He jumps too much when he shoots it with bad form (elbow to wide). Great jump shooters in the nba always have good form, and the rare greats shooters that didn't have good form never got more than 2-3 inches of the ground, so there were less variables on every shot.

He is always fading left, fading right, fading back, etc. He seems more comfortable shooting like this. He is so strong he can, and a lot of times he gets hot and hits, but it has never been consistent.His freakish athleticism and size has always let him blow by people from middle school to the nba, so he has never really needed a better jumper. He almost looks uncomfortable shooting when he's wide open.

Still one of the greatest ever, but damn if he had a good shooting coach early in his career, his already high ceiling wouldve been that much higher :wow

Killakobe81
11-06-2014, 08:57 AM

all valid. he can still be the best player by a mile and still be past his peak. You could say the same of MJ during the 2nd 3peat. If you stick to the original question, the answer is yes. He is not at his "peak". But he is so far above everyone else right now he could lose a few steps and still be better than the next player ..with Durant hurt is that Blake or Advais? ... Lebron still shits on both. But i love Anthony davis.

My boy was just giving me props for the call early on Adavis as a true superstar. I said it before the draft last year as college season was rolling the supposed stacked draft ... that not one of those guys wiggins, Parker Randle will be anything close to as good as Davis. Injury was my only concern but it looks like he has got stronger.

DMC
11-06-2014, 09:05 AM
would the spurs have won the series if not for ray allen's shot?

Or Manu hit the FT
Or Kawhi hit the FT
Or one of any missed FT during the game wasn't missed for SA
Or a turnover didn't happen
Or 8 more didn't happen for Manu

or or or...

BillMc
11-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Well said.

D-Wade
11-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Bron's fine. And Cavs fans should be thankful he's getting his 2011 Finals mode out early in the season, as opposed to when it matters.

Adjustments will be made, Bron will have the ball in his hands more and the others will fall in line. The question is whether Irving and Waiters will fall in line like Wade did. (Wade's obviously not like those guys, but I'm still not convinced he cedes the team to Bron if his health doesn't go south).

Killakobe81
11-06-2014, 10:35 AM
I apologize I meant past peak (of his prime) not past his prime ...which he is still in.

11-06-2014, 10:37 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2EsTWcKAQucOxW/giphy.gif

11-06-2014, 10:38 AM
https://vine.co/v/OeM2LObWuX2

The Gemini Method
11-06-2014, 11:13 AM
It doesn't help that LeBron had what? 4 assists while the rest of the team had 2? You have Kyrie chucking it and Dion Waiters thinking he's the next Jordan. It's way to early but he has also been in the league for 11 years. Been through many lengthy playoff runs and had to deal with cucks like the majority of posters yapping about shit that probably have next to nil to do with anything. It's been 4 games--lets see how they are in a couple months.

ambchang
11-06-2014, 01:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11831408/lebron-james-kyrie-irving-reportedly-exchange-words-state-cleveland-cavaliers-offense

Hilarious article by ESPN, trying to deflect blame from Lebron, while putting it on Irving (which is sorta true).

BatManu20
11-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Lebron's body language says it all the past couple games. He's frustrated as hell playing with these young guys. But the Cavs will be fine in the long run tbh.

Mr Bones
11-06-2014, 02:40 PM
The Heat in their first season with the Big 3 started off 8-7 and every casual (i.e., unknowledgeable) basketball fan said they were no good, had no chemistry, etc., etc. I expect pretty much the same thing to happen here at spurstalk over the next few months.

Thebesteva
11-06-2014, 05:37 PM
http://realcavsfans.com/community/data/avatars/m/1/1759.jpg?1408710661 (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?members/westsidebob.1759/)
westsidebob (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?members/westsidebob.1759/)10-Day ContractJoined:Feb 21, 2008Messages:388 (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?search/member&user_id=1759)Likes Received:442

Zen said: ↑ (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?goto/post&id=2000439#post-2000439)

Part of the process.

the heat looked just as bad in their first 20 games together and ended up making the finals.

Bullshit.

The Heat started out 4-1, after 20 games were 12-8. Their biggest loss at that point was 16 points, they had 2 double digit losses (games 14 and 18).

They won by an average of 18.3 points a game, the lost by an average of 5.8.

In their first five games, they won by 10, 26, 23, and 32. They showed evidence of being able to dominate.

Outside of the first quarter against the Knicks, what has this team shown?

Infinite_limit
11-07-2014, 01:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xvWdpgC.gif

Killakobe81
11-07-2014, 01:58 PM
http://realcavsfans.com/community/data/avatars/m/1/1759.jpg?1408710661 (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?members/westsidebob.1759/)
westsidebob (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?members/westsidebob.1759/)10-Day ContractJoined:Feb 21, 2008Messages:388 (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?search/member&user_id=1759)Likes Received:442

Zen said: ↑ (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?goto/post&id=2000439#post-2000439)

Part of the process.

the heat looked just as bad in their first 20 games together and ended up making the finals.

Bullshit.

The Heat started out 4-1, after 20 games were 12-8. Their biggest loss at that point was 16 points, they had 2 double digit losses (games 14 and 18).

They won by an average of 18.3 points a game, the lost by an average of 5.8.

In their first five games, they won by 10, 26, 23, and 32. They showed evidence of being able to dominate.

Outside of the first quarter against the Knicks, what has this team shown?

Still early and I actually like Love and Kyrie but they are not as good as Bosh/Wade when the Healtles were formed. Plus Lebron is still in his prime but he probably wont be as good either.

Infinite_limit
11-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Still early and I actually like Love and Kyrie but they are not as good as Bosh/Wade when the Healtles were formed. Plus Lebron is still in his prime but he probably wont be as good either.
Love & Bosh isn't far off. Bosh played roughly 500 games at Toronto & Love 350 with Timberwolves

Irving to Wade is a gigantic leap in experience. Even in College Wade ran the show while Irving was 2nd fiddle to Senior Nolan Smith.

DMC
11-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Blatt is going to have to play move it or lose it. He's going to have to drop balls, risk his job right away. He needs to issue an edict, 5 passes before a shot, win or lose. Get the team accustomed to looking for the better shot. It looks like shit early (see Spurs last night vs Houston) but once it's perfected, it's a thing of beauty (see Spurs vs Heat in Finals). I cannot fathom a PG having that many points but no assists. I cannot fathom a team having only 6 assists, with your non-PG star having 4 of those. I'd be having a 25 legged race around the court as my foot would be up the team's ass.

The Gemini Method
11-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Probably going to have to kidnap Steve Kerr from the Warriors. That seems like what this team needs a coach that pushes passing efficiency and whatnot.

Killakobe81
11-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Blatt is going to have to play move it or lose it. He's going to have to drop balls, risk his job right away. He needs to issue an edict, 5 passes before a shot, win or lose. Get the team accustomed to looking for the better shot. It looks like shit early (see Spurs last night vs Houston) but once it's perfected, it's a thing of beauty (see Spurs vs Heat in Finals). I cannot fathom a PG having that many points but no assists. I cannot fathom a team having only 6 assists, with your non-PG star having 4 of those. I'd be having a 25 legged race around the court as my foot would be up the team's ass.

everyone worries about shots but teams including Phil's bulls were succcessful with MJ taking a whole heap of shots. Yes the Spurs way is better ....but if any of yall played hoops when one player is far superior than others a smart coach and team finds that player and gets him the rock in their sweet spot. Maybe because I was more like Ariza or Kiwi I never griped about shots ...as long as we win. IF we lose then I just wanted to find a way to win. if it was getting our best player (a shoot first PG) the ball that was fine with me.

Killakobe81
11-07-2014, 06:16 PM
everyone worries about shots but teams including Phil's bulls were succcessful with MJ taking a whole heap of shots. Yes the Spurs way is better ....but if any of yall played hoops when one player is far superior than others a smart coach and team finds that player and gets him the rock in their sweet spot. Maybe because I was more like Ariza or Kiwi I never griped about shots ...as long as we win. IF we lose then I just wanted to find a way to win. if it was getting our best player (a shoot first PG) the ball that was fine with me.

The Key is player movement first ball movement second. if player movement gets my player great shots and he is hot then he needs to keep scoring. Once the defense adjusts then you move the ball ... your best player scoring is not an issue. your best player should score but when they continue to keep shooting when double or triple teamed (bad Kobe) that is the issue.

DMC
11-07-2014, 08:49 PM
That's hardly NBA level ball.

In the NBA you have 4 teammates on the floor. I can understand however why you feel that way, it's the LG concept where Kobe is the best player on the floor so he should shoot the ball every chance he gets, and they think he's double teamed to force him to pass when in reality coaches and players know he'll shoot even if doubled so why guard his teammates? Spin that how you like, crippled glory hound being the focal point of the offense is shitty ball. We're seeing the rotten fruits of that now.

BillMc
11-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Of course he's past his prime, he plays with Uncle Drew and Wes and he's 4 or 5 years older than them.

Killakobe81
11-11-2014, 09:07 AM
That's hardly NBA level ball.

In the NBA you have 4 teammates on the floor. I can understand however why you feel that way, it's the LG concept where Kobe is the best player on the floor so he should shoot the ball every chance he gets, and they think he's double teamed to force him to pass when in reality coaches and players know he'll shoot even if doubled so why guard his teammates? Spin that how you like, crippled glory hound being the focal point of the offense is shitty ball. We're seeing the rotten fruits of that now.

Wasnt talking about Kobe and in fact, I said that him shooting over double and triple teams is bad. my point was that in any good offense you create shots for your best players. To use the spurs guys like Ayers, Bonner are utilized to get shots for Parker,manu Tim etc. It doesnt mean that those role guys shouldnt shoot. but the majority of the shots should come form your best scorers. Almost every Spur player can score but Still they focus the offense around the big 3. So it's stupid to say that isnt NBA level when that has been the norm for the 30 plus years I have been watching. Of course ball and player movement are essential (said that in the post you quoted) but again if a player is hot and you have an advantage you milk it. When tim was in his prime and had a weak power forward Spurs fed Tim forced the double team then got guys open shots like Bowen. Bowen improved his shooting, but you guys never ran plays for Bowen he got his shots off the open looks Duncan created that is good offense at any level in any era.