PDA

View Full Version : Why cant Manning play in the cold?

Thebesteva
11-06-2014, 03:06 AM
Let's be honest. This guy doesn't show up in cold games, its often confused for being a 'mental midget' which may be partially true, but the reality is he has yet to win a big time cold game since he joined the Broncos. Last year, he looked horrendous @ Foxborough, he looked equally as bad this year.

I knew the superbowl was going to be a fucking disaster when they said it was going to be the coldest superbowl ever.

So what is it exactly? Does the ball get heavier? His arm just doesn't work well with the cold?

I know 80% of u will respond with troll shit, but I just havent seen a serious take on why he taps out.

This guy picked apart teams in the warm weather including the Patriots, but goes missing in every cold fucking game. Even if its a regular season game or a playoff game like the Ravens game. He looks different mentally and physically in cold weather games.:bang

chunticakes
11-06-2014, 03:14 AM
maybe he just isn't able to play in the cold. simple as that.

the cold gets to him. the ball gets hard, hits start to sting, it gets tough for him to think.

some guys just can't take the cold.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2014, 04:04 AM
grew up in New Orleans, played college in Tennessee, first 13 NFL seasons were played in a dome and mostly against division rivals that either played in warm climates or a dome tbh

his record in games below 40 degree weather is underwhelming but then look at how many have been road games against good teams, especially against Bill Bellytits

Malik Hairston
11-06-2014, 04:29 AM
D4M said it well, but tbh, NFL games shouldn't be played in the cold anymore, it's 2014..

You can claim it's for "toughness" purposes, and that football is a "man's game", but I like watching sports that are skill-based..all NFL games should be played in domes, where we can watch teams win based on skill/athleticism, rather than ugly games that are affected by snow/cold..

Thebesteva
11-06-2014, 04:30 AM
grew up in New Orleans, played college in Tennessee, first 13 NFL seasons were played in a dome and mostly against division rivals that either played in warm climates or a dome tbh

his record in games below 40 degree weather is underwhelming but then look at how many have been road games against good teams, especially against Bill Bellytits

Made me laugh :lol

dirk4mvp
11-06-2014, 04:39 AM
D4M said it well, but tbh, NFL games shouldn't be played in the cold anymore, it's 2014..

You can claim it's for "toughness" purposes, and that football is a "man's game", but I like watching sports that are skill-based..all NFL games should be played in domes, where we can watch teams win based on skill/athleticism, rather than ugly games that are affected by snow/cold..

agree son, last year's SB was against arguably the best defense (with respect to their blatantly illegal style of play) of this generation vs the best (passing) offense ever. obviously it was unfairly advantageous to the defensive team to have that game played on a slushy field with freezing wind tbh

Raven
11-06-2014, 04:44 AM

I would actually say the opposite :D

Raven
11-06-2014, 04:45 AM
agree son, last year's SB was against arguably the best defense (with respect to their blatantly illegal style of play) of this generation vs the best (passing) offense ever. obviously it was unfairly advantageous to the defensive team to have that game played on a slushy field with freezing wind tbh

Lol, it had nothing to do with that. They didnt even show up

Henrik Sedin
11-06-2014, 10:13 AM

That's when you learn to adapt and adjust your game. The better team won, get over it.. The best start would be not running fucking running back draws on 3rd and 9 when you are down lil 31-0

No cold games in NFL? Are you guys typically bitches or are you just of the vagisil?

Spur-Addict
11-06-2014, 10:30 AM
I would actually say the opposite :D

Seriously. Nobody wants to watch Arena Football, it's a joke. The elements are an inherent aspect of the game of football, removing them would compromise the game.

Clipper Nation
11-06-2014, 10:41 AM
He's a choking loser and always has been. His noodle arm shrivels up and blows away when it's even marginally cold outside.

The Gemini Method
11-06-2014, 11:17 AM
It wasn't even the coldest Super Bowl on record--that was played (I believe) in New Orleans in the 60s. He just doesn't handle it well. The whole team were bitches in last year's Super Bowl. Spur-Addict we just murdered them punk bitches.

Spur-Addict
11-06-2014, 11:28 AM
It wasn't even the coldest Super Bowl on record--that was played (I believe) in New Orleans in the 60s. He just doesn't handle it well. The whole team were bitches in last year's Super Bowl. Spur-Addict we just murdered them punk bitches.

They were scurred from the jump. Could've been indoors or outdoors last year, it wouldn't have mattered mayne.

Henrik Sedin
11-06-2014, 12:03 PM
We sure whooped Seattles ass in a cold SB, but SA was a Steelers fan at the time.

Spur-Addict
11-06-2014, 12:06 PM
:lol Panthers
:lol Three strait home losses to the Seahawks
:lol Cam Newton

Henrik Sedin
11-06-2014, 12:08 PM
:lol Panthers
:lol Three strait home losses to the Seahawks
:lol Cam Newton
My quarterback is white and superior to both of those black mediocre faggots.

my team is also superior to yours... So how about you go put on your red pullover Arizona hoodie and get ready for that ass tapping again

Spur-Addict
11-06-2014, 12:10 PM
:lol Denial
:lol Won't post under actual screen name
:lol Hard times for Panthers fans
:lol Getting fucked balls deep by the Saints

Henrik Sedin
11-06-2014, 12:11 PM
:lol Denial
:lol Won't post under actual screen name
:lol Hard times for Panthers fans
:lol Getting fucked balls deep by the Saints
Again, don't give a fuck, all I care about is Pitt > Seattle

Spur-Addict
11-06-2014, 12:11 PM
:lmao Meeeeeeeooooooooooooowwwwwwww

Daniel Sedin
11-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Again, don't give a fuck, all I care about is Pitt > Seattle
:lol this dude needs to actually lay on the addis :lolol paranoid as hell

Avante
11-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Manning is not a great athlete to begin with, what it is in a smart guy who needs to control everything. His true skill is reading defenses and doing things on time. Once the receivers can't make the same cuts due to the elements and things aren;t as on time, Manning struggles. He's not going to extend plays, and improvise. He's into timing and throwing to the spot. Stuff the weather will effect.

As far as cold weather games goes......

You either play in domes for everyone or outdoors for everyone. Which one doesn't matter. You don't have some teams playing in domes while some don't. That is wrong.

Yes it would take a couple seasons to get everyone up to speed.

The Gemini Method
11-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Catman posing under a shitty Canuck name? Not all that surprising. 0-3 versus the Seahawks...shitty monkeyballin' QB. Readily accept a woman beater :lol Spur-Addict lol this guy.

Spur-Addict
11-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Catman posing under a shitty Canuck name? Not all that surprising. 0-3 versus the Seahawks...shitty monkeyballin' QB. Readily accept a woman beater :lol Spur-Addict lol this guy.

:lol"Catman"
:lol Lost a BET to Avante of all people, Avante. And we all know his betting ability.

Avante
11-06-2014, 12:41 PM
:lol"Catman"
:lol Lost a BET to Avante of all people, Avante. And we all know his betting ability.

Plus..$430 with half a season to go.

Keep it real amigo, ok?

Spur-Addict
11-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Plus..$430 with half a season to go.

Keep it real amigo, ok?

:rollin

The Gemini Method
11-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Seriously, that guy takes everything to heart. Shouldn't care what others think about his lack of betting prowess. Or, if he's winning marginally in comparison to his losses in past seasons. I don't get it.

Infinite_limit
11-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Not fair to critique him solely on his Denver career. He runs a heavily pass based offense without a legit #1 Running Back. Has he had a true #1 since Edgerin James left Indy? Brady hasn't won the SB since Dillon retired. If you don't have a consistent running attack then your Defense better be TOP 5 in the League and this is not the case with Broncos. When Big Ben was winning multiple titles it was with a Top notch Defense and consistent running attack.