PDA

View Full Version : Which 2 fowards will start for west in all star game?

ICE3000
08-27-2005, 11:08 AM
td+amare,amare+kg,td+kg, or some one else?

ALVAREZ6
08-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Depends on the fans. It can realistically be any of those, it all depends on who everyone votes for.

ICE3000
08-27-2005, 11:15 AM
I have a feeling with the emergance of Amare and the fans love affair with kg duncan might screwed by the fans the way shaq was when Yao was the leading vote getter

ObiwanGinobili
08-27-2005, 11:21 AM
i know I'm voting TD & Amare.

I don't think timmy gets the recognition from NBA fans that he does from Spurs fans.
Frankly I'm surprised he's been fan voted all-star so many times. I can see the possiblity of him not gettign the fan/startign vote this year, but I'm hoping thats a very small possibility.

ediot to add: if kg gets the fan all star vote i'm gonan blow upt he building. bastard stole my red stapler.

ZStomp
08-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Damn, you're already at the All Star game and the season hasn't started! Yikes!! I'm not even ready for the first game. :lol

Dex
08-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm not even ready for the first game. :lol

Blah, I know I am.

Offseason sucks. :pctoss

Dex
08-27-2005, 12:13 PM
As far as the whole Tim Duncan thing is concerned, I think that although other people don't give him the same love and respect he gets from Spurs fans, they still understand his abilities and passion. Tim Duncan gets the votes because he is a league-wide superstar, even if he doesn't act like it. As long as his name is on the ballot, people will vote for him as a natural choice for PF. It's the same way Kobe receives recognition for the SG spot, or Shaq for the Center. Like him or not, people understand that he deserves to be at the ASG, being one of the best players in the game. So they will generally give one vote for him, and then throw the other to the PF of their choice.

exstatic
08-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Tim + someone else. He's never NOT started an ASG.

Instigator
08-27-2005, 01:09 PM
tim and kg. amare might have a chance but i don't think so. not this year.

exstatic
08-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Tim and KG are probably the best, but the lustre has come off KG's star in recent years. My guess would be Tim and Amare.

exstatic
08-27-2005, 02:45 PM
In my mind, Amare>KG and is only gonna get better.

:lol:rollin I may crack on KGs stones and leadership, but his game is second to none. He can do about a hundred things that Amare can't. Amare is used to working in a open lane, which plays to his slashing and allez oop strengths. He won't have that this year, minus both his best and most prolific 3 point shooters from last year. He'll have to radically improve his post up move and footwork. That schoolboy game of his won't fly without the complete blanket protection of shooters that he has enjoyed so far.

ICE3000
08-27-2005, 03:36 PM
KG is way better overall than Amare. However, when have u ever seen KG average 40 points a game in a series against TD and the Spurs? KG could never do that. Amare is a monster and I would rather have him than KG and his jumpshot

Amen to that

Instigator
08-27-2005, 03:40 PM
i'm sorry but amare>kg is just crazy talk. i hate kg but the guy can flat out play offense and DEFENSE. once amare can prove he can play both ends like tim and kg there is no debate. :drunk

Instigator
08-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Amare shows up in the Playoffs. And quite frankly, thats all that matters to me

yeah i forgot about that. wait how many allstars did he have on the team with him. it not about one man. put kg on that suns team and watch out. remember both went to the conf finals with they had allstars on there teams. :spin

Trainwreck2100
08-27-2005, 03:55 PM
It will be TD and KG

Manu20
08-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett.

Mixability
08-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Amare shows up in the Playoffs. And quite frankly, thats all that matters to me

thanks, Stephen A. Smith... :lol

Trainwreck2100
08-27-2005, 04:08 PM
thanks, Stephen A. Smith... :lol

Quite frankly, what more do you need?

exstatic
08-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Amare, for all of his height and athleticism, is a wuss on the boards. A career average of 8.9 boards is pathetic for someone of his size and athleticism. Pathetic.

angel_luv
08-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Talk about taking an early poll !!!!!!!!!! The season hasn't even started yet! = )

Trainwreck2100
08-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Talk about taking an early poll !!!!!!!!!! The season hasn't even started yet! = )

It should be labeled who are the two most popular forwards in the West.

ZStomp
08-27-2005, 04:47 PM

That's what I meant. :lol

I'm just ready for the first game.....not even thinking towards the middle of the season!! I want it to go slow...

angel_luv
08-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Me too! I want to savor every moment. The only reason I look forward to February is because that is when the trade deadline is.

mrpach
08-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Duncan and KG
kg's numbers are too big to be ignored. last 2 years he has been very efficient, ask anybody who plays fantasy bball.
duncan was hurt most of the year and tired from the olympics last year, i think this year he will be much more dominant . besides he just won the championship

Sense
08-27-2005, 05:17 PM
KG is way better overall than Amare. However, when have u ever seen KG average 40 points a game in a series against TD and the Spurs? KG could never do that. Amare is a monster and I would rather have him than KG and his jumpshot

KG doesn't want to average 40 points a game, he wants to win and to make his teamates better. In other words, he wants the success Duncan has. Who cares if he averages 40 points, they almost got swept. Amare is a monster, but he's no Superstar.

BTW have you noticed that Amare is takin alot more shots now? Also, KG does have a jumpshot, in my mind the best as a forward... why would that be bad? Because he doesn't dunk 10 times a game?

Gotta love it GiG... you're not too smart.

ALVAREZ6
08-27-2005, 06:17 PM
If you put KG on a team with Marion, Q Rich, and Joe Johnson, and let's not forget Steve Nash feeding him the ball, getting him open every damn possession, his numbers would be way better than Amare's.

If Amare were switched with KG in Minnesota, his numbers wouldn't be as good as they were in PHX. The bottom line is, KG is better. Yeah Amare is still young, but I see them as different types of players. KG is a more all around player kind of like Duncan, but I view Amare as an energy, hyped player that plays in bursts of dunks.

KG>Amare

ShoogarBear
08-27-2005, 07:25 PM
If KG was on the Suns instead of Amare, the Spurs would have been in some trouble in the WCF.

SilverSpur
08-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett if it is a popularity vote. If not then look out for Amare Stoudamire and Lamar Odom. Its way to early to say anyway. Someone could get hurt or have a bad first half of the season.

vsnba
08-27-2005, 11:46 PM
TD and KG if fan select better forward. Just because amare score 40 and took his team conf finals he can not replace TD and KG. Put TD in Phoenix he will championship for suns

vsnba
08-27-2005, 11:48 PM
TD and Shaq are best players in NBA. Records speak

totalspurshomer
08-28-2005, 02:25 AM
Actually, if he gets listed on the ballot at his playing position, the leading vote getters at forward will be...

T-Mac(for sure) and either

TD, KG, or Amare.

And remember, the NBA ballot actually says vote for your FAVORITE players. It doesn't say vote for who you think are the best players. People always get pissed off at some of the results when, in reality, the voting is always correct. People do indeed vote for their favorites, just as the league asks them to do.

charmie21
08-28-2005, 03:33 AM
anyone else would not matter to me as long as Timmy will be voted.. =)

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 05:33 AM
i know I'm voting TD & Amare.

I don't think timmy gets the recognition from NBA fans that he does from Spurs fans.
Frankly I'm surprised he's been fan voted all-star so many times. I can see the possiblity of him not gettign the fan/startign vote this year, but I'm hoping thats a very small possibility.

ediot to add: if kg gets the fan all star vote i'm gonan blow upt he building. bastard stole my red stapler.
Office Space owns. :)

Sense
08-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah but its a team effort. KG has no team. Its basically just him. Amare has a great supporting cast. However, Amare will be better than KG down the road. KG was never this good so early. This kid should still be in college, however he is averaging 40 points a game or so versus Duncan. No other player can say the same.

KG has a team, but he's not a the type of leader that makes them improve. Amare is lucky he has Nash, he's that team's leader. There's a reason Amare and KG aren't Winning, that's because they aren't as unselfish as Tim. KG's trying, but that's what separates Duncan from Garnett. That and only that. That's also a reason why KG is better.

Why would you bring up the averaging 40 points a game versus Duncan?

Why does that matter? What matters is that everytime he goes that the Spurs win. That's all Duncan is going for, and I'd have to think that KG has a better Win-Loss record against Duncan than Amare.

exstatic
08-28-2005, 01:02 PM
KG is a better player than Amare, but Pimp Stern has been jamming the Suns down everyone's throats for the last year. The average fan votes what gets pushed by the league, what they see on TV. It should be Tim and KG. It probably will be Tim and Amare.

JamStone
08-28-2005, 02:24 PM
It was just mentioned, but I think TRACY McGRADY will play mostly small forward this upcoming season. And, even with the acquisition of Kurt Thomas, AMARE STOUDEMIRE might end up being classified as a CENTER for the purposes of all star balloting, in which case, I would guess ...

TRACY McGRADY and TIM DUNCAN, but Kevin Garnett and even Dirk Nowitzki could supplant either one of those players.

I think AMARE STOUDEMIRE will start at center over Yao Ming, if he is classified as a "center" on the balloting.

Sense
08-28-2005, 02:29 PM
It was just mentioned, but I think TRACY McGRADY will play mostly small forward this upcoming season. And, even with the acquisition of Kurt Thomas, AMARE STOUDEMIRE might end up being classified as a CENTER for the purposes of all star balloting, in which case, I would guess ...

TRACY McGRADY and TIM DUNCAN, but Kevin Garnett and even Dirk Nowitzki could supplant either one of those players.

I think AMARE STOUDEMIRE will start at center over Yao Ming, if he is classified as a "center" on the balloting.

Lets pray you are wrong.

I really can't see McGrady as a forward in the west. And if Amare starts as a center the east will win.

exstatic
08-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Why would you think that? Yao beat out Shaq...TWICE, and Shaq is one of the most popular players in the league. I think this may be the driving reason that Amare doesn't want to be a "center". He has almost zero chance to be voted as an AS starter that way, but a good chance as a PF.

I also think with the snit that Amare threw this year about being a center, and the very PUBLIC statements by the Suns that he won't be, that there will be no way that he will be listed as a center on the ballot, anyway.

Sense
08-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Why would you think that? Yao beat out Shaq...TWICE, and Shaq is one of the most popular players in the league. I think this may be the driving reason that Amare doesn't want to be a "center". He has almost zero chance to be voted as an AS starter that way, but a good chance as a PF.

I also think with the snit that Amare threw this year abour being a center, and the very PUBLIC statements by the Suns that he won't be, that there will be no way that he will be listed as a center on the ballot, anyway.

I also think he doesn't want to be called a center, but the team needs him to be that. With all the hype he's getting more and more I think he will deny being a center so that people can focus on his spot in the chart of the best in the league.

totalspurshomer
08-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I really can't see McGrady as a forward in the west.
:huh You mean you don't think they'll list him as a foward? Because he played forward all last season so I think they'll list him that way this season.

Sense
08-28-2005, 04:50 PM
:huh You mean you don't think they'll list him as a foward? Because he played forward all last season so I think they'll list him that way this season.

Did he really?

I only saw him play as a forward on the playoffs against Dirk... and that's cuz Dirk isn't a post up player.

I might've seen him play as a forward against smaller teams... especially since Howard's injury.

ducks
08-28-2005, 05:16 PM
since when has kg been clutch in postseason?
amare has
sam bailed out kg out in postseason

totalspurshomer
08-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Did he really?

I only saw him play as a forward on the playoffs against Dirk... and that's cuz Dirk isn't a post up player.

I might've seen him play as a forward against smaller teams... especially since Howard's injury.
Yes, he played small forward pretty much the whole year. He and Jim Jackson were pretty interchangeable at SG and SF. Alot of JVG's reason for trading JJ was that he liked T-Mac better at the 3 in his offense and he wanted someone better suited for his vision of a SG than JJ was. After the JJ for Wesley trade, it was:

PG Sura
SG Wesley
SF T-Mac
PF Howard
C Yao

That's why I think they'll change him to a F on the ballot this year. If so, he's got to be the odds on favorite to lead all Western forwards in voting.

The bright side to that would be that it gives Manu a better shot at winning the G spot beside Kobe, especially with all the pub Manu got this past postseason.

And as far as the center, you'll see the devil wearing a parka before Amare gets more votes than Yao! :lol

David Bowie
08-28-2005, 07:25 PM
I think that Tim will get in. NBA fans may not love him, but they sure as hell respect him and reconginize him as the best player in the game. I think that its a toss up between KG and Amare. Fans may not be too happy if KG's team is still not making the playoffs the second year in a row.

Spurs Biggest Fan
08-28-2005, 08:21 PM
I think Td will make it cuz we get the fan base of: Virgin Islands, Paris/Belgium, Slovenia, Argentina, and maybe even New Zealand :) --- I know it might not be that much more -- but every little bit helps.

That's why I think Yao will be the starting center for years to come ;)

slayermin
08-28-2005, 08:34 PM
TD and Dirk

TPMG2007
08-29-2005, 03:28 AM
If Dirk didn't start last year, how is he going to this year. I'm going with TD and KG. They're the best and sometimes fans vote that way. I used to, because part of it is who deserves to be there. Amare has an outside shot, but he had an amazing year, so unless he starts averaging 40 or 50, I don't see it happening.

CyberSnake
08-29-2005, 07:29 AM
:lol:rollin I may crack on KGs stones and leadership, but his game is second to none. He can do about a hundred things that Amare can't. Amare is used to working in a open lane, which plays to his slashing and allez oop strengths. He won't have that this year, minus both his best and most prolific 3 point shooters from last year. He'll have to radically improve his post up move and footwork. That schoolboy game of his won't fly without the complete blanket protection of shooters that he has enjoyed so far.

This is true and Amare knows this a well thats why he trained with Dream during the summer.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2005, 09:07 AM
I think duncan doesnt really care if he starts or gettin voted in the ASG, because he knows that are more importants in bball then the ASG. He be lookin forward to holdin up another championship trophy, mvp, finals mvp, dpoy. :D:D:D