PDA

View Full Version : Ayres, Bonner, Baynes - The Turd Trio

itzsoweezee
11-06-2014, 09:54 PM
When was the last time the Spurs had three bench players as bad as these guys? All three are lucky to still be in the NBA.

8FOR!3
11-06-2014, 10:06 PM
I don't think Baynes is THAT bad, he's just having to guard a dominant center and he's not good enough to fill that role.

Ayres might be worse than Becky Hammon.

Hoops Czar
11-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Baynes should be kissing Pop's ass everyday and thanking him for feeding him, putting a roof over his head, putting nice clothes on his back, providing for his family and giving this hopeless twat a job. He flat out reaks. No friggin wonder why he couldn't get one single qualifying offer from another team.

Hoops Czar
11-06-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't think Baynes is THAT bad, he's just having to guard a dominant center and he's not good enough to fill that role.

Ayres might be worse than Becky Hammon.

That's funny, wasn't Baynes once dubbed the Howard stopper?

timtonymanu
11-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Can't leave out Daye either.

Mugen
11-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Replace Bonner with the Daye tbh.

All 3 of those niggas couldn't hold a candle to the regular season Red Rocket.

KL2
11-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Baynes has definitely improved his game, Ayres looks a little better as well, their flaws are being magnified x100 right now. Baynes will be solid for 10-15 mins, I'd like to seem him get the ball in the post more, he doesn't convert at a very high rate, but his shots look GOOD, it's just a matter of him gaining more experience and confidence which is everything. He won't be a star but he can be a decent role player.

DapDaGenius
11-06-2014, 10:33 PM
I hate them all.

DapDaGenius
11-06-2014, 10:35 PM
The turd trio. I like it, but switch Baynes or Bonner with Daye...or make an even funnier name for the 4 of them.

BatManu20
11-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Replace Baynes with Daye. The Turd Trio is putting it lightly.

spursparker9
11-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Spurs didn't learn from what happened in 2007-2008. Brought back the entire team from the previous championship and it will fall apart.

The team need new players to bring new dynamic and freshness to the team.

Hoops Czar
11-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Baynes has definitely improved his game, Ayres looks a little better as well, their flaws are being magnified x100 right now. Baynes will be solid for 10-15 mins, I'd like to seem him get the ball in the post more, he doesn't convert at a very high rate, but his shots look GOOD, it's just a matter of him gaining more experience and confidence which is everything. He won't be a star but he can be a decent role player.

Care to expound? Where has his game improved? He doesn't have a friggin clue as to where he's suppose to be on the court. This is his 3rd year with the Spurs. How many more years is it going to take to gain more experience and confidence. This excuse is a little played out.

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Why is Bonner looked at as a god? He's probably the worst player to ever wear a Spurs jersey tbh

timtonymanu
11-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Tbh though this is still better than Bonner/Blair. :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Baynes led Australia. Bonner can't even run...

KL2
11-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Care to expound? Where has his game improved? He doesn't have a friggin clue as to where he's suppose to be on the court. This is his 3rd year with the Spurs. How many more years is it going to take to gain more experience and confidence. This excuse is a little played out.

Just watch him from last year compared to this year, as I said his flaws are being magnified right now. He was really really really bad at times last year.

mkurts
11-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Oh yeah Daye is a god and the best Spurs role player, too right.

RD2191
11-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Bonner, Ayres, Daye should not be on this team.

Johnny RIngo
11-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Still makes no sense why we opted not to spend any of the MLE this year. Makes it even worse seeing trash like Ayres/Daye on the roster. Definitely room for improvement - front office just chose not to do anything about it.

Spur|n|Austin
11-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Ayers is beyond laughable now. He's scary bad. I've played with guys at Gold's who could catch and shoot better than that slapdick.

PingPong
11-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Baynes is the 4th or 5th big. He will play against third string scrubs most of the time.

wildcardX
11-06-2014, 11:09 PM
I like Baynes as the 4th big on the squad, plus if he keeps the other three guys off the court it's a win.

Ditty
11-06-2014, 11:17 PM
I hope Baynes, Ayres, Bonnner and Daye are somehow not on this team by the end of the year. All four of them suck tbh.

Mouth is Bleeding
11-06-2014, 11:37 PM
I remember when Baynes would frustrate Howard and put up a rugged fight...

Dwight looks better physically than in recent years though so maybe it's just that.

minuzzo21
11-07-2014, 05:38 AM
I hope in somehow we can get something better than Daye, Ayers and Bonner.. They all are wasted spot on the roster..

Texas_Ranger
11-07-2014, 06:25 AM
all of them suck.

elemento
11-07-2014, 07:32 AM
That's what happens when you give scrubs starting minutes. They're all 4th/5th BIGs off the bench.

I was way more concerned with Tony's display. He was absolutely atrocious last night.

Brazil
11-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Bonner is fine for spot min and very useful during RS and had a decent POs run
Baynes will be alright, he had a solid rookie year

Errors is a fucking mess tho

superbigtime
11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Add Daye and make it the Crapper Quad.

Biernutz
11-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Baynes didn't back down an was not afraid to contest the shot. I saw the replay and Baynes is not the
one who will be sore today from the collision under the baskett......

dabom
11-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Bonner is trash. Dude cant score shit in competitive game to save his life. Errors sucks ass. Dayes sucks dick. Baynes is alright

KaiRMD1
11-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Ayres is on another level. I'll actually go so far as to say he might be the worst basketball player I've ever seen

Budkin
11-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Ayers is beyond laughable now. He's scary bad. I've played with guys at Gold's who could catch and shoot better than that slapdick.

I'm laughing and crying at the same time. He sucks so fucking bad.

MullinFan
11-07-2014, 01:46 PM
You guys expect all star performances from every spur on the roster...we have a mish-mash of mid level talent (after tim,tony,manu,kawhi). I personally think Baynes grabbing 7 Offensive rebounds and finishing with a dbl-dbl vs the rockets to be a good thing. Cory played outstanding and we played without key guys...Rockets fans can get all excited about the win, but in reality all they did was blow out our 2nd-3rd tier players. And personally I believe Tony was checked out of that game before the 2nd quarter, so he doesn't count!!

DrSteffo
11-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Ayers plays some d but obviously sucks. Daye is a spaghetti body whith limited skills who really needs to shoot well but doesn't.

11-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Don't know why the Spurs kept Ayres and Daye. Ayres, I can understand since he is under contract and the Spurs were probably too stingy to unload him (maybe a 2nd round pick and cash considerations to a tanking team could have done it). Daye on the other hand is a complete fucking mystery. Dude is terrible, has always been terrible, played terribly in the preseason and summer league, and is still terrible. I don't know why the Spurs ever kept his unguaranteed contract.

Never stop improving. The Spurs hate change but sometimes it's necessary to improve. It's not like the Spurs are taking a gigantic risk rotating out their 13th and 14th man either. Take any other shot in the dark player and at worse, the Spurs just get equally shitty end of the bench players.

SnakeBoy
11-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Turd trio's favorite song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg2PRVHGazg

Chorus @ 1:08

8FOR!3
11-07-2014, 04:49 PM
That's funny, wasn't Baynes once dubbed the Howard stopper?

Yeah, but he's not. There were a couple of possessions where Dwight Howard missed some tougher looking hook shots that I thought Baynes defended well.

DesignatedT
11-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Bonner can't even shoot anymore so he seriously is awful. Thing is teams haven't figured this out yet and still mark him as some deadly 3 pt shooter so he still can serve a purpose ala OKC last year.

jeebus
11-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Baynes didn't back down an was not afraid to contest the shot. I saw the replay and Baynes is not the
one who will be sore today from the collision under the baskett......
True that. He may have gotten posterized by Harden but shit, at least he tried to go for a block. Anyone who's seen a Spurs game knows Ayres would just stand off to the side and do his little yell.

MI21
11-07-2014, 08:28 PM
True that. He may have gotten posterized by Harden but shit, at least he tried to go for a block. Anyone who's seen a Spurs game knows Ayres would just stand off to the side and do his little yell.

Ayres would have backed away and fouled him simultaneously somehow. Then he would of yelled "ughh" and clapped his hands together and continued looking like a fuckwit.

Malik Hairston
11-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Meh, they are typical bench warmers, not sure what some of you expect..

I understand the Ayres hate, since he inexplicably received a contract that indicated that he possessed some talent and ablity, with the implication that he was going to play the role of 4th big..he's one of the worst NBA players I have ever seen, as many have echoed..

Daye was traded for Nando, another scrub that barely played, and at the time of the trade, most Spurs fans knew that he wasn't a good player that would contribute anything..there were no expectations of Daye as a Spur, he has always been an awful player..

Baynes is a typical big at the end of the bench, he isn't a bad player..he's competent enough to occasionally play the 4th big role in certain matchups..he isn't worse than the 10th or 11th man on any other team, or even the 4th big on most other teams..

Bonner is a typical, washed-up veteran at the end of the bench out of respect of his stature in the organization, it's virtually a lock that he's going to receive a position in the organization following his official retirement..

I agree that the Spurs could have added another player to the roster to improve, but it's still possible that they could make a minor move later in the season(or Anderson could be better than we expect)..

objective
11-08-2014, 01:21 AM
Ayres and Daye aren't really NBA caliber. They've managed to fool their way into surprisingly lengthy careers.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2014, 01:59 PM
SpursTalk hyperbole machine goes into overdrive.

Mr Bones
11-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Without googling it, can anyone remember who the 13th, 14th, and 15th guys on the 72 win Bulls were? Who was the last guy off the bench for the 90s Rockets led by Hakeem who won back to back championships? The way people on Spurstalk obsess over and insult the end of the Spurs' bench is so ridiculous.