PDA

View Full Version : this spurs team will win it all this year

ducks
11-06-2014, 09:55 PM
book it

I am serious. These losses like this will get their attention. They will get better they will get patty in jan and peak after march like usually. GO SPURS GO

ducks
11-06-2014, 09:56 PM
oh and I can not wait to see what reggie says about that 6 title

testies
11-06-2014, 10:02 PM
We can if Enrique gets injured and has to play limited minutes

NYspursFan
11-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Reggie miller is a clown. "spurs aren't playing like champions" but yet he has never won any championship

dg7md
11-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Reggie miller is a clown. "spurs aren't playing like champions" but yet he has never won any championship

:lol

Reggie is just upset that his so called "clutch gene" never amounted to anything.

He's always been a Spur hater.

testies
11-06-2014, 10:12 PM
I don't worry about Reggie.. nature already took care of him

AFBlue
11-07-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't think you can say reliably one way or the other this early in the season. The Rockets are fools gold and will be until a Dwight-led team proves me otherwise. Dude is bitch-made. The Spurs will get healthy and rolling full steam with the same team that won the the ship last year. And no other team got markedly better. At this point ducks, I'd say you're more likely right than wrong. Good call on countering the cliff jumper threads. I appreciate you.

mkurts
11-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Things will pick up don't worry, Pop loves these early season setbacks to start berating players

Horse
11-07-2014, 07:16 AM
I'd call this more a scheduled loss than a setback.

Dre_7
11-07-2014, 10:44 AM
I agree. I think this is the year they repeat. They will get through a tough season in a tough Western Conference and be healthy come playoff time. They wont run over everone in this years playoffs but they will get through it and win a hard fought number 6.

Budkin
11-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Fat and lazy over the summer + rash of inuries = out of sync team that will gel within a few weeks time. We'll be fine.

silverblackfan
11-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Fat and lazy over the summer + rash of inuries = out of sync team that will gel within a few weeks time. We'll be fine.
A bit of this. I agree that last nights game will benefit everyone in motivation and level of play.

ohmwrecker
11-07-2014, 11:44 AM
ducks!

xmas1997
11-07-2014, 11:55 AM
book it

I am serious. These losses like this will get their attention. They will get better they will get patty in jan and peak after march like usually. GO SPURS GO

I agree with all the enthusiasm, but it is still very very early to make any predictions IMHO, even though I always hope for that, every year.

FireMicoHalili
11-07-2014, 12:09 PM
just hope all the early losing is part of an elaborate plan to get the targets off the Spurs' backs and somehow put it on the Rockets

lefty
11-07-2014, 12:10 PM
We can if Enrique gets injured and has to play limited minutes
THIS TBH

will_spurs
11-07-2014, 02:24 PM
That loss is a typical CIA Pop move. Get McHale to show his hand, and give nothing back in return.

I'm not expecting the Spurs to even start giving a shit before the ASG. And I agree this is the year they repeat.

Sean Cagney
11-07-2014, 02:38 PM
:lol

Reggie is just upset that his so called "clutch gene" never amounted to anything.

He's always been a Spur hater.I agree and I really cant stand that bald alien looking clown. He is a Spurs hater and it shows.

Old School 44
11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
It still amazes me that early last year the Spurs were losing to all the top teams and yet still managed to not only have home court in the first round, but the best record in the league and the number one seed overall.

Pop's figured it out. The Spurs don't worry about jockeying for position during the regular season. They don't worry about knocking off the top teams to make some sort of National/media statement. They are not worried about being at the top of anyone's weekly power rankings. They just focus on playing well, improving and staying healthy...making sure THEY BEAT THE TEAMS THEY SHOULD BEAT and everything else will take care of itself.

xmas1997
11-07-2014, 03:26 PM
The Spurs aren't really playing for the best interests of anyone, except for the Spurs.

Whatever it takes to be the last team standing hoisting the trophy is the goal and fine with me.

AFBlue
11-07-2014, 03:28 PM
...making sure THEY BEAT THE TEAMS THEY SHOULD BEAT and everything else will take care of itself.

Very good point. This is an understated key to their success for sure. Not many slip ups against the mediocre teams and not taking too much stock in the regular season meetings of the supposed contenders. It keeps the team on an even keel but still gets results in the long run.

ElNono
11-07-2014, 03:51 PM
It's damn hard to win it all. We caught a few breaks last season. Even playing amazing basketball at times, a series and a season could get derailed by a missed shot or two (Boris 3 pointer against Dallas, Manu's 3 pointer against OKC, Timmy's series clincher against OKC, just off the top of my head). That's how fine the line is.

The Spurs need to be the best team they can be come March-April and then go from there.