11-06-2014, 10:28 PM
He's better, IMO

DarrinS
11-06-2014, 10:50 PM
He's better, IMO

:lol:downspin:

Dex
11-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Anderson was one of the few players tonight who didn't seem rattled by the moment, tbh. Even Tony and Leonard were forcing, but Slo-Mo came in and just kinda did his thing.

Granted, his thing wasn't spectacular...but I still like what I see from the rook. Could be a good bench piece by the end of the season.

Mouth is Bleeding
11-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Anderson was one of the few players tonight who didn't seem rattled by the moment, tbh. Even Tony and Leonard were forcing, but Slo-Mo came in and just kinda did his thing.

Granted, his thing wasn't spectacular...but I still like what I see from the rook. Could be a good bench piece by the end of the season.

agreed

SnakeBoy
11-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I was pretty impressed. He looked better than I thought he would in his first NBA game. Kept his cool and never looked lost on either end of the floor.

Russ
11-06-2014, 11:45 PM
He shot horribly but still played well.

A good sign for a young player.

testies
11-07-2014, 12:37 AM
he shot some airballs and played bad D, but thats a "good game" because he's an American prospect

Belinelli will play amazing offenseviely and have some mistakes on defense and = HE'S A CANCER, KILL HIM

just another day on Spurstalk, where a guy can shit on the organization like Kawhi, but he's american and black, so who cares

hater
11-07-2014, 12:51 AM
If by Manu role u mean Heat MVP th. U wrong imo

Baam
11-07-2014, 01:26 AM
His defense looks better already tbh, got quite a few steals/defections, needs to roid a bit to get stronger in the low post and he will be fine.

Got 4 assists while Joseph got 0 and TP 1... Pop played him at the point to end the game cause he sees what we see, Kyle is a natural playmaker...

Sean Cagney
11-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Good looking tonight for the rookie! He will get better and he has the smarts and work ethic IMO to become a player in this league.

SnakeBoy
11-07-2014, 04:12 AM
he shot some airballs and played bad D, but thats a "good game" because he's an American prospect

Belinelli will play amazing offenseviely and have some mistakes on defense and = HE'S A CANCER, KILL HIM

just another day on Spurstalk, where a guy can shit on the organization like Kawhi, but he's american and black, so who cares

Anderson just had a better game than 50% of Beli's performances...and it was his first NBA game.

minuzzo21
11-07-2014, 05:20 AM
This was his first NBA game and he looked pretty good.. He has to improve his shoot and obviously his defense..

hyhy
11-07-2014, 05:35 AM
He looks more composed than all the rookies and even some of the veterans

littlecoyotecoin
11-07-2014, 07:51 AM

Yeah. Was one of the few bri...not so dark spots during the game. Had a nice pass or two, one nifty one driving and dumping ot a nearby Ayres, I think, who missed the bunny.

littlecoyotecoin
11-07-2014, 07:54 AM
He shot horribly but still played well.

A good sign for a young player.

The shooting. Most of the team. My eyes. Gouge with spoon.

in my eyes 911
11-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Yuk the typical gutter post after a loss in which someone filling in the role for “internet forum guy seeking attention" exposes his asshole.

Guys stay away, you don't know where it's been.

Diego20
11-07-2014, 08:43 AM

I have to agree..

xmas1997
11-07-2014, 11:51 AM
His defense looks better already tbh, got quite a few steals/defections, needs to roid a bit to get stronger in the low post and he will be fine.

Got 4 assists while Joseph got 0 and TP 1... Pop played him at the point to end the game cause he sees what we see, Kyle is a natural playmaker...

I agree, and his shooting will improve over time, it may have merely been the jitters, yet it appears like he is changing his shooting style, probably due to working with Chip, so that may take a bit of time like it did with Kawhi.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-07-2014, 11:56 AM

This guy is a total troll but he is kind of right. And its not because one guy is foreign and the other is American, its because one guy we have higher expectation for than the other. But I agree with him to the extent that I thought Anderson looked fucking awful last night.

dabom
11-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Agree. Anderson was a scrub with no shot and looked horrible defensively.

Johnny RIngo
11-07-2014, 12:51 PM

Marco Belinelli doesn't just make "some mistakes" on defense. His defense is so bad it negates his entire offensive game. His impact stats on D were among the worst in the league last year. There were only a handful of players that were worse. Let's not gloss over Marco's shortcomings on D just because you like his offense.

lefty
11-07-2014, 01:36 PM

:tu

SnakeBoy
11-07-2014, 01:47 PM
LOL I missed this last night

Spurs rookie Kyle Anderson walks into his first game, is immediately whistled for an un-tucked jersey
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/spurs-rookie-kyle-anderson-walks-into-his-first-game--is-immediately-whistled-for-an-un-tucked-jersey-025138987.html

DrSteffo
11-07-2014, 01:52 PM
He is like the opposite of Manu. Plays smart and is not very good yet.

SnakeBoy
11-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Nice write up on his game last night

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2259279-spurs-rookie-kyle-anderson-makes-nba-debut-and-fits-right-in

will_spurs
11-07-2014, 02:19 PM
This guy is a total troll but he is kind of right. And its not because one guy is foreign and the other is American, its because one guy we have higher expectation for than the other. But I agree with him to the extent that I thought Anderson looked fucking awful last night.

That still doesn't make him "kind of right". There's no point in comparing a known quantity like Marco with a rookie playing his first game in the NBA. One of them can at least hope to improve... the other not so much.

Spur-Addict
11-07-2014, 02:24 PM

1st NBA regular season game. True rookie, not a 28 year old foreign import that has played for 9 years professionally overseas. 21 years old. Beli has been in the league for years, not really comparable.

xmas1997
11-07-2014, 06:48 PM
And how did Kawhi do in his first game as a rookie?

dabom
11-07-2014, 06:57 PM
And how did Kawhi do in his first game as a rookie?

Tried to dribble and got picked. lol

xmas1997
11-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Tried to dribble and got picked. lol

:lol

And how many assists, rebounds, steals, and points did he {Kawhi} have in his first game as a rookie

dabom
11-07-2014, 07:01 PM

And how many assists, rebounds, steals, and points did he {Kawhi} have in his first game as a rookie

I don't remember, but he "looked" good from the start.

xmas1997
11-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I don't remember, but he "looked" good from the start.

Do you feel that Kyle looked pretty good too in his first rookie game in comparison?

Joseph Kony
11-07-2014, 07:04 PM

6 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals

dabom
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Do you feel that Kyle looked pretty good too in his first rookie game in comparison?

Didn't watch the second half, but he looked like trash out there. Tooo slow outside and not strong enough for the inside. Not good defensively where he can hang his laurels if his offense isn't going.
He doesn't have that "look".
Playing on a contender will give you little chances.

xmas1997
11-07-2014, 07:10 PM
{Kawhi first rookie game:} 6 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals

Then Kyle compared favorably with Kawhi because he got:

4 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals.

dabom
11-07-2014, 07:16 PM

I guess we have another FMVP caliber player. :lol

Joseph Kony
11-07-2014, 07:18 PM

Anderson played 31 minutes while Leonard played 14 in his first game tbh

monkeypunk
11-07-2014, 07:36 PM
For a first real game, he looked great other than his shot being off which Chip and real game experience / confidence will correct over time.

His composure given his situation was solid. With his length, I think he can become a good to great team defender. Man to man, not so much...

eDizzle20
11-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Good game by Anderson. It's important to note that he was not playing with Tim or Tiago. I think his offensive game will be a lot effective with solid finishers on the court. His D was adequate. It is clear that his length makes up for his lack of lateral quickness on the defensive end. Hopefully he gets minutes tonight.

AFBlue
11-08-2014, 04:40 PM

This forum routinely criticizes Jeff Ayres, who last time I checked was both American and black. On the flip side, the most well respected and praised are the international contingent...from Manu, to Tony, to Patty and so on.

The poster might want to suggest a bias, but I just think there's too much evidence to the contrary.

cd98
11-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Enough. Manu has won games for the Spurs. Anderson scored like three points. Wake me up when he's good enough to average double figures before talking about him replacing Manu.

im still not convinced he stays in the league.

hater
11-12-2014, 09:44 AM
this guy sucks so far folks. completely lost. Dleague for him imo

hater
11-12-2014, 09:45 AM

:lol what?

venitian navigator
11-12-2014, 10:25 AM
vs G.S. he did,'t do much, but his skills are clear to me. On defense, I've seen a good help defense, a bad one on one defense; on offense i've seen him struggling for finishing at the rim in traffic. I may be wrong, but i'd bet that once he is more strong (some gym is necessary) and Hegelland has corrected his shot, a la Leonard, the guy will have all the chances in the world to become some special thing.

Twisted_Dawg
11-12-2014, 06:12 PM
vs G.S. he did,'t do much, but his skills are clear to me. On defense, I've seen a good help defense, a bad one on one defense; on offense i've seen him struggling for finishing at the rim in traffic. I may be wrong, but i'd bet that once he is more strong (some gym is necessary) and Hegelland has corrected his shot, a la Leonard, the guy will have all the chances in the world to become some special thing.

Hegelland has been a huge asset to our coaching staff.

tmtcsc
11-12-2014, 06:27 PM
...said nobody ever.

cd98
11-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Look, right now Anderson sucks. So no big surprise. Spurs do a great job of getting the most out of players, so maybe he turns into a useful piece. To call him something "special" is way too premature. I'm still not sure he makes it in this league. He did get minutes over Daye last night, though I think that tells you more about Daye then it does about Anderson.

Baam
11-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Pop finished the Rockets game with Anderson as a 6"9 PG, there's way no other player resembling a PG but him, so yeah that makes him special already... Once he starts hitting his 3 pt shot he's gonna be a big asset...

xmas1997
11-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Pop finished the Rockets game with Anderson as a 6"9 PG, there's way no other player resembling a PG but him, so yeah that makes him special already... Once he starts hitting his 3 pt shot he's gonna be a big asset...

:tu

People on here bad mouthed Kawhi too when he first started, they didn't like losing Hill.

No surprise from the armchair GMs and coaches on here.

:lmao

benstanfield
11-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Look, right now Anderson sucks. So no big surprise. Spurs do a great job of getting the most out of players, so maybe he turns into a useful piece. To call him something "special" is way too premature. I'm still not sure he makes it in this league. He did get minutes over Daye last night, though I think that tells you more about Daye then it does about Anderson.

Anderson is a wing. Daye is a PF. Daye took Bonner's role and sucked, so Bonner got it back and arguably sucked even more. The people Anderson is fighting for minutes are Leonard, Manu, Beli, and Green, not Daye.

pgardn
11-12-2014, 08:50 PM
He knows how to play.

Strength and speed are the issues, not his game. Great draft choice imo, even if it does not work out.

xmas1997
11-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Sean had high praises for him last night.

I think I would trust his opinion over most in here tbqh.

exstatic
11-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Anderson is a wing. Daye is a PF. Daye took Bonner's role and sucked, so Bonner got it back and arguably sucked even more. The people Anderson is fighting for minutes are Leonard, Manu, Beli, and Green, not Daye.

I have maintained from the beginning that his ultimate position will be stretch 4. He's already a better one than Daye or Bonner. If they can get him to a muscular 240-245, he can defend other stretch 4s, and he can already rebound the position. He's got the length (7'3") to bother and even block shots.

cd98
11-13-2014, 09:17 AM

Daye is a 3/4. He plays both forward positions, though he plays them both badly. Kawhi also plays the 4 spot on occasion.

cd98
11-13-2014, 09:20 AM

You mean he got to play point guard in the last quarter of a complete blow out? That says nothing. Let's see what he does in a competitive game against a team playing its starters, not how he does against the Rocket's third string point guard.

Mel_13
11-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Daye is a 3/4. He plays both forward positions, though he plays them both badly. Kawhi also plays the 4 spot on occasion.

Pop has used him almost exclusively as a stretch 4. His Spurs future, if he's to have one, is at that position.

hater
11-13-2014, 10:00 AM
some days Manu isn't too bad at Anderson role imo

xmas1997
11-13-2014, 12:01 PM
some days Manu isn't too bad at Anderson role imo

I am not a Manu hater like you are.

But I have to admit, your irony was pretty witty nonetheless. :lol