PDA

View Full Version : SMFH

KuntryDude
11-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I had some really good seats at last nights game here in HOU. Honestly if I knew that Timmy, Gino, and company were not going to play, i would have given those tickets away. My problem with Pop is that he doesn't take into consideration what the fans want. I literally got sick of watching those D League scrubs play the entire night (yes Danny Boy included) and getting posterized play after play the entire 2nd half. Shame on you Pop with your bitch azz.

tmtcsc
11-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I feel for you man. That totally sucks and you should be pissed. It was ugly to watch Harden and Howard act like giggling faggots while beating up our discombobulated team. I can't imaging what it must have felt like to be surrounded by obnoxious Houston fans and seeing it up close. Usually, even a shorthanded Spurs team will put up a fight but with the exception of CoJo, no one was on.

Hopefully the sting will go away when the Spurs kick the Rockets ass and deliver a humiliating loss to them on their home court. Check back in April when the real season starts.

Spur|n|Austin
11-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Timmy and Manu were the only ones who didn't play due to rest; the other 3 are legitimately injured. Also, you had most of the day to sell the tickets or give them away since it was announced they weren't playing early in the afternoon.

It's def frustrating at times, but it's for their own good.. Chess not checkers.

dabom
11-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Shut up fagoT. If you didn't expect pop to bench Manu and tim on a b2b you are a fucking moron.

littlecoyotecoin
11-07-2014, 10:04 AM
I had some really good seats at last nights game here in HOU. Honestly if I knew that Timmy, Gino, and company were not going to play, i would have given those tickets away. My problem with Pop is that he doesn't take into consideration what the fans want. I literally got sick of watching those D League scrubs play the entire night (yes Danny Boy included) and getting posterized play after play the entire 2nd half. Shame on you Pop with your bitch azz.

Shame on your dumb ass thinkng a 38 y.o. Is going to play on a back to back, or a 37 y.o. will either, coming off a broken leg rehab. Oh, and, November.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Their other option is to have already retired, and to not win.

Obvious right choice is obvious, despite your butthurt.

cjw
11-07-2014, 10:38 AM
I've learned to temper my expectations whenever I see the Spurs on a B2B when I go to games in NY/BK/Philly. Though the courtside (second row) seats look pretty enticing either way in Philly this year at under $300 a pop!

The league seriously needs to stop scheduling teams playing on Thursday on either Wednesday or Friday, particularly when one or both are on the road (a Friday home game is fine if Thursday was home). It's one of their marquee national TV nights and we all know what happens with these NFL Thursday night games when one team is beat up coming into the game...

Simply cutting four games from the schedule would cut four B2Bs for each team. Could retain 2 vs. other conference, 3 vs. other teams from same conference, 4 vs. same division, with extra two games coming against teams finishing at same spot in other conference divisions as you (i.e., would lead to an extra OKC and LAC matchup for us this year). It's four games of gate revenue lost though and likely all falling away from local TV deals, so that's probably why it would never happen.

jag
11-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Shut up fagoT. If you didn't expect pop to bench Manu and tim on a b2b you are a fucking moron.

:lol that escalated quickly

Dre_7
11-07-2014, 10:51 AM
My problem with Pop is that he doesn't take into consideration what the fans want.

Pop takes into consideration what SPURS fans want. And that is an NBA title. That is why he rested his older players and injured players.

CitizenDwayne
11-07-2014, 10:52 AM
You got the honor of witnessing future Hall of Famers Jeff Ayres and Austin Daye in action.

Budkin
11-07-2014, 11:12 AM

Should have looked at the schedule tbh and realized it was going to happen. If we want any chance of repeating it has to be done this way.

Dre_7
11-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Should have looked at the schedule tbh and realized it was going to happen. If we want any chance of repeating it has to be done this way.

:tu

TDomination
11-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately, if your hoping to see the spurs make sure its not on the 2nd night of a back to back.

But the spurs are all about long term so no complaints here

Spurs 4 The Win
11-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Yeah dude, you are a dumbass, before you buy tickets how about you take a look at the schedule, its not like this is the first time Pop has done this. If its a b2b and its on the road you are taking a huge fucking risk, and if you dont know that, you are a fucking idiot.

lefty
11-07-2014, 12:39 PM
If you were not stupid, you would know that Pop would have rested Tim and Manu on the 2nd night of B2B

itsamanuthree
11-07-2014, 12:55 PM

Yes it did :lol

What's wrong with this fellow

Joseph Kony
11-07-2014, 01:17 PM
:cry Pop should cater to our desires :cry

DatBoyGood
11-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Dang that must of been really tragic. I got tickets for the game on Monday when they face the Clippers and I know they play Golden St the night after. So I'm pretty sure they wouldn't rest anyone for the Monday night game right?

KuntryDude
11-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Yeah dude, you are a dumbass, before you buy tickets how about you take a look at the schedule, its not like this is the first time Pop has done this. If its a b2b and its on the road you are taking a huge fucking risk, and if you dont know that, you are a fucking idiot.

Who said that i bought tickets bitchboy. Eat a dick fag!

BatManu20
11-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Sucks for you, I'd probably be pissed too. But, it's a necessary evil for this team if they want to compete for another Title.

KuntryDude
11-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Say dumbass, your mama should've swallowed a brick when she was prego with you....

keywester
11-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Pop has been great, but he looks and acts ready for assisted living or AA.

G-Nob
11-07-2014, 03:43 PM
The spurs are a walking disclaimer. Nothing new to someone who's watched this team the past 15 years or so under Pop's watch. I'm down for a good game but I'd also pay to see the younger ones get heavier minutes just to see what we can potentially get outta these guys later, if anything. I bet Kevin McHale was more pissed last night. He's looking to measure his team defense against the spurs rotations and Pop robbed him of that. At least for now.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Who said that i bought tickets bitchboy. Eat a dick fag!

Then why are you complaining about free tickets, fucking crybaby

KuntryDude
11-07-2014, 05:21 PM
You're absolutely right. Why complain about an "L" if I didn't buy tix....besides, i'm not a fan if i didn't buy tix. Do you know how fucking dumb you sound jackass? Scram, you weak bitch!

Juggity
11-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Fortunately, nobody in the spurs organization cares that you didn't get to see Tim and Manu play in person in a 2nd game of a back to back regular season contest in November.

If you cared about the only goal that matters (playoffs, championship), you'd be happy to be there and see the spurs play, knowing that the rest strategy ultimately pays off when the games matter.

cd021
11-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Shame on your dumb ass thinkng a 38 y.o. Is going to play on a back to back, or a 37 y.o. will either, coming off a broken leg rehab. Oh, and, November.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Their other option is to have already retired, and to not win.

Obvious right choice is obvious, despite your butthurt.

The thing is that there was a four day rest before the ATL game. Its not like Duncan played 40 minutes, it was 34. At the very least he could have played 28 minutes.

littlecoyotecoin
11-07-2014, 09:07 PM
The thing is that there was a four day rest before the ATL game. Its not like Duncan played 40 minutes, it was 34. At the very least he could have played 28 minutes.

If you exert yourself for five or fifty minutes, 24 hours just isn't enough time to recover, especially as you get older. Having four days off previously doesn't really matter to me. It's still 5 games in 7 nights, and an 82 game schedule. It may seem stupid to some at the beginning of the season, but resting now shortens the season, whereas resting them later gives them more recovery.

Personally, I love Pop's methodology, and I'll bet it's hard for him to stick to it with pressures from all sides to play them more.

I have been calling for him for the last year or two for him to do the same with Parker. He plays too much, ends up on the ground too much, gets injured too much, and is generally worn down a lot of the time at the end of the season.

But, whether you agree with it or not, it still shouldn't be a shock to OP that Duncan and Ginobili didn't play on a road game on a back-to-back. It is well-publicized that Pop does this with his older players, at least.

And, we might not have either of them if he wasn't so aggressive and disciplined with this rest, even at the beginning of the season.

jARS mEsH sEt
11-07-2014, 09:18 PM

Not as quickly as your dick in a gay bar, FaG_ :lol

timtonymanu
11-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Yeah, your first clue should have been looking at the brutal schedule during this stretch and you should have known from there.

mkurts
11-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Pop has been doing this for quite a while now, so its expected. Age + Bad Knees + Fragility = Need to Rest

Godbama
11-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Fortunately, nobody in the spurs organization cares that you didn't get to see Tim and Manu play in person in a 2nd game of a back to back regular season contest in November.

If you cared about the only goal that matters (playoffs, championship), you'd be happy to be there and see the spurs play, knowing that the rest strategy ultimately pays off when the games matter.
:bobo

Instead of blaming the league for the overcrowded schedule, because we all know there are too many games in the season, bitchboys bitch. If you've got a problem with the product being presented, then blame the league for diluting it. Pop's taking the right stand here, and it's likely a lot of people in the league agree with him on this (who aren't just attention-seeking doofus owners like Sarver). Go surf the giant waves of your tears somewhere where people give a fuck lol.
BAWW BAWW BAWWW BAWWW QQ QQ QQ ;~; ;~; :cry :cry *plays the tiniest fucking violin*
I mean feel free to come back with some cliched comeback "KuntryDude" (lol), but it's just going to be wet with your tears.

Agloco
11-08-2014, 11:05 PM

:cry

DJR210
11-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Be careful when buying tickets to a TNT game tbh

hater
11-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Duncan has been so durable thanks to these moves. you should be honored to throw your money for the good of the team.

DMC
11-09-2014, 02:18 AM
File a lawsuit.