PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe's shooting too much, but it's his teammates fault

ambchang
11-07-2014, 04:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles-lakers/post/_/id/40306/too-much-kobe-scott-strives-for-balance

At least according to him and his coach.

Lakers coach Byron Scott recognizes that his team needs to get to the point at which the scoring load isn't all on Bryant.

"I think there was a timeout last game where I pointed at Kobe and I said, 'I know how great this guy is, but you guys have got to play basketball,'" Scott said after the team's practice Thursday. "'You can't look at him every single time and try to give him the ball. You've got to take shots that are there. You can't pass up shots.'

"They can't be afraid to fail," Scott said of Bryant's teammates. "That's the biggest thing. You've just got to be able to go out there and play."

But Bryant also has to play a role in helping his teammates.

"I think he's done his share in trying to play that role and trying to get those guys an opportunity to play," Scott said, "but they've got to take advantage of it as well."

What does Bryant think he must to do get his teammates more involved?

"Well, I think use a lot of guys, [Carlos] Boozer and Jeremy Lin, to create opportunities," Bryant said, "which means running [the offense] through them a lot and moving me off the ball and getting picks off the ball, as opposed to me initiating the offense and then controlling everything from there.

"I think it has to be Jeremy and Boozer and those guys making plays, and we're setting picks off the ball. It keeps them involved."

CavsSuperFan
11-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Charles Barkley promises to go on a hunger strike until the Lakers win their first game...:smokin

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/charles-barkley-promises-to-hunger-strike-until-the-lakers-win-their-first-game--video-162055160.html

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-07-2014, 05:36 PM
You'd think the sort of winners that choose to play along side Kobe would be more willing to step up to challenge.

Killakobe81
11-07-2014, 06:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles-lakers/post/_/id/40306/too-much-kobe-scott-strives-for-balance

At least according to him and his coach.

I dont see or read that ...but whatever he is shooting to much ...that much is true.
Amb with the witch hunt bads ...

UZER
11-07-2014, 07:53 PM
The teammates are in a catch 22:

If they shoot and miss, they get all the blame.

If they shoot and make, Kobe gets all the credit.

I'm waiting for the timeout huddle where Scott points to Kobe and says, "I know you're great, but you need to pass the basketball."

Cry Havoc
11-07-2014, 08:36 PM
I dont see or read that ...but whatever he is shooting to much ...that much is true.

You could honestly take a bunch of shots at Kobe right now. Maybe just a bit under 40.

Franklin
11-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Charles Barkley promises to go on a hunger strike until the Lakers win their first game...:smokin

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/charles-barkley-promises-to-hunger-strike-until-the-lakers-win-their-first-game--video-162055160.html
dude just wants to lose some weight so maybe he'll have a chance to beat grandpa Dick Bavetta in a race next time.

Mikeanaro
11-07-2014, 09:21 PM
No other Laker wants to shoot anyway.

Splits
11-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Just don't shoot 3s

mkurts
11-07-2014, 10:58 PM
The logic in Lakerland is simply astounding, so Kobe rapes a young girl its the girl's fault

Malik Hairston
11-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Why do people keep discussing the Lakers' like they're intentionally trying to win?..

Ya, maybe the Lakers' team could be better if Kobe shot less and passed more, but their objective isn't to win games, that has been evident for a while..their objective for this season is to allow Kobe to pass Jordan's points mark, sell tickets and ensure that they don't lose their draft pick..

It's similar to what Philly is doing, but in a different way..

Killakobe81
11-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Cuz forum trolls are dumb Lakers fans too

ambchang
11-08-2014, 11:04 AM

Scott telling the guys not to stand around and shoot while they don't even get the ball while wide opened.

Kobe saying the lakers need to run the offense when he is leading the league in FGA by any imaginable metric.