http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzxiyu8Btb1qj3i85.gif

Jodelo
11-08-2014, 10:58 AM
:lol and so true

Splits
11-08-2014, 02:16 PM
The World Series Tanks
10:24 AM 11/01/2014

As long as people stop dying, the World Series will do just fine.

The average age of the this year’s World Series viewer was 54. Five years ago the average age was 49. See where this is going?

At this rate, in 25 years, the average age of a World Series viewer will be right around 80.

That’s not good for Major League Baseball.

Back in 1980, the World Series between the Kansas City Royals and the Philadelphia Phillies was watched by an average of about 50 million people.

Game 7 Wednesday night between the Royals and the San Francisco Giants drew 23.5 million viewers. The first six games averaged about 12.5 million and, if there had been no Game 7 to pump up the final numbers, it would have been the lowest rated World Series ever.

Apologists for Major League Baseball will tell you that it’s unfair to compare TV ratings when people have 150 channels to choose from to ratings from a time when their were less than 10 choices for most people.

That argument might be valid if not for the NBA’s ratings.

Back in 1980, the Los Angeles Lakers of Jabbar and Magic played the Philadelphia 76ers of Dr. J and Julius Dawkins. The games were televised by CBS. You know how many people saw it on live TV.

None.

It was on taped delay.

The 2014 NBA Finals on NBC averaged 15.5 million viewers, including 22.4 million for Game 5, when the Spurs clinched the series.

There was a time when the World Series was the most anticipated, most watched, most talked about sports event of the year. And that was when it was played in the afternoon.

Now MLB and Fox Network have to avoid scheduling games on Monday and Thursday nights to avoid getting smoked in the ratings by an NFL regular season game.

The Sunday Night Football game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Denver Broncos had two times the audience of Games 1 and 2 of this year’s World Series.

And, as The New York Times pointed out, “NCIS: New Orleans” and “The Big Bang Theory” had more viewers, So did “The Walking Dead,” a cable show about zombies.

When baseball was king, kids used to get in trouble for listening to the World Series on their transistor radios during school and they would hustle home in hopes of catching an inning or two on TV.

How many kids do you think were watching Game 7 Wednesday night? How many kids even knew it was on?

Kids 6-16 made up less than four percent of the World Series audience this year, and that number is inflated by the huge number of kids in Kansas City who got special permission from their parents to stay up late.

The 54-year old average viewer who tuned into this year’s World Series is old enough to remember when people watched or listened to the games at work, and the local drug stores and barber shops knew it was good business to have a TV turned on for their customers who considered it “can’t miss TV.”

Nobody should be feeling sorry for anybody associated with Major League Baseball. The local TV ratings during the regular season are huge and the ball parks are filled. The owners and players are making more money than they’ve ever made before.

And they’ll continue to make obscene amounts of money in the future. How far into the future is a different story.

Thirty years from now, those 54 year-olds will be 84 and telling their grandkids about the good ol’ days when the World Series really mattered.

Biernutz
11-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Not Again.....thread #785

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/cxz.gif

jimbo
11-08-2014, 03:16 PM
It's kinda sad how unwatchable baseball is tbh. I want it to do well but I just can't stand watching it.

Infinite_limit
11-08-2014, 03:32 PM
At this point with improved technology and DVR. The only lasting positives of Baseball are that it hasn't & because of "Unwritten Rules" will never be Ghettofied.

As I age, I am moving farther from Football & Basketball because I can't relate to the "humans" on the field.

Reck
11-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Baseball season is over and you're still talking about it. :lol

Franklin
11-08-2014, 07:04 PM
:lol hating baseball just because no one plays monkeyball there
:lol blaming exams for not including such questions like how to peel a banana

Splits
11-15-2014, 02:12 PM
:lmao you just can't make this shit up
:lmao "World" series when the nips are better than us

MLB All-Stars no-hit in Japan (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11878919/major-league-baseball-all-stars-no-hit-four-japanese-pitchers)

TOKYO -- Hayato Sakamoto and Sho Nakata both hit two-run homers and starter Takahiro Norimoto combined with three relievers on a no-hitter as Japan beat the Major League Baseball All-Stars 4-0 Saturday to take a 3-0 lead in their five-game series.

Norimoto, who went 14-10 with a 3.02 ERA this season for the Rakuten Eagles, struck out six over five perfect innings to pick up the win.

"It's too good to be true," Norimoto said. "I wanted to see how my pitches would work against MLB hitters. The fact that my teammate (Motohiro) Shima was catching made me feel at ease and I was able to perform as usual. The atmosphere at the park was really nice. It was the best outing of my career."

Yuki Nishi took over from Norimoto and struck out four with one walk over two innings. Kazuhisa Makita struck out two batters in the eighth and Yuji Nishino retired the side in the ninth.

"The story tonight was in the hit column with a zero on it," MLB manager John Farrell said. "Norimoto was outstanding. He was very efficient. He has a powerful fastball and very good late action to go with his split, his slider and cutter."

Sakamoto connected off MLB starter Jeremy Guthrie in the second inning and Nakata made it 4-0 in the third with a blast off Guthrie over the left field wall.

"I think it was a two-seamer," Nakata said of the pitch he hit over the wall. "I was looking for a good pitch to get a nice swing on and I'm glad I was able to hit one over the fence."

Guthrie took the loss after giving up four runs on five hits over five innings.

Robinson Cano was hit by a pitch on the right foot in the seventh inning and left the game.

"He's gone for an X-ray on his right small toe and we don't have any results back from the images that are being taken as we speak," Farrell said.

The MLB All-Stars won an exhibition game 8-7 before the start of the series but have scored just four runs over the first three games of the series.

Chris Capuano will pitch Game 4 while Shintaro Fujinami will take the mound for Japan.

"We will visit with our coaching staff and try to come up with a lineup that has the ability to go up against Fujinami, who we know is a very good pitcher," Farrell said.

AlexJones
11-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Gooks play their hearts out against the Americans every single time. You think Robinson Cano gives a fuck? :lmao

DAF86
11-15-2014, 02:18 PM
lol "World" series

Biernutz
11-15-2014, 07:57 PM
The Americans are there for fun like in vacation....No one plays basketball or kickball in Japan
Kickball is for third world country's.....

spurraider21
11-15-2014, 08:14 PM
:lmao designated hitter

lefty
11-15-2014, 08:44 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3041117/gulls-lol-baseball.gif

Aztecfan03
11-15-2014, 10:37 PM
:lol there's a reason people refer to it as a "game"
not a sport

It is referred to as a sport. It's games are referred to as "games" just like football, basketball, etc.

Nathan89
11-15-2014, 10:41 PM
:lol blaming exams for not including such questions like how to peel a banana

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2014, 11:29 PM
dont forget the turban wearng faggots on this site with the dot in the middle of the forehead who oozes over the equivalent sport aka cricket....

lefty
11-19-2014, 10:24 PM
King Emmanuel

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241294&p=7684003#post7684003

King Emmanuel
11-19-2014, 10:28 PM
King Emmanuel (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43107)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241294&p=7684003#post7684003

:lol baseball fan having trouble sleeping without baseball
:lol thinking about baseball for 2 hours in bed
:lol you can't make this shit up

King Emmanuel
11-19-2014, 10:32 PM
:lol sleeping in bed with catching glove on
:lol sleeping in bed while cuddling a baseball

lefty
11-20-2014, 09:35 AM

lefty
11-20-2014, 09:46 AM
:lol more corruption and cheating than povertyball
:lol paying Hollywood a shitload of $$$$ in a desperate attempt to make baseball look cool
:lol the Begging
:lol Robert Redford
:lol "athlete" couldnt perform without the baseball bat daddy made for him
:lol took steroids to be able to hit the ball with another bat
:lol lights exploding confirm Redford was on juice
:lol Kevin Costner
:lol Charlie Sheen
:lol Wesley Snipes
:lol Benicio Del Toro
:lol "once senor"
:lol De Niro

:lol 54 year old fat white Christians audience
:lol or 54 year old big nosed Jews when the game is @ Yankee Stadium
:lol or 54 year old poor Italians who worship players (De Niro in "the fan")
:lol Jeter
:lol celebrated for partying and whoring out with Yankee fan's $$$
:lol worshipped by fans who got cheated on by their GF's
:lol their GF's slept with Jeter

Thread
11-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Only sport where the defense controls the ball.

The Gemini Method
11-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I came here for new schtick--but its the same old lame shit. Step up your game, Povertyball supporters. As well as you Geriatricball Supporters.

spurraider21
11-20-2014, 11:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0

Clipper Nation
11-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Baseball = requires brains and intelligence

Povertyball = requires 0 IQ. A five-year-old can run around and kick a ball.

DAF86
11-20-2014, 02:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0

This dude isn't very funny, tbh.

Thread
11-20-2014, 02:31 PM
^ But, he's juiced in for some damn reason.

spurraider21
11-20-2014, 02:37 PM
This dude isn't very funny, tbh.
that skit is pretty dry until the last 50 seconds or so. it was just relevant to the conversation i guess

overall i'm a big fan of his material though

The Gemini Method
11-20-2014, 02:41 PM
that skit is pretty dry until the last 50 seconds or so. it was just relevant to the conversation i guess

overall i'm a big fan of his material though

Gotta excuse him--the greatest thing to come out of Argentina is a midget soccer player and Messi.

DAF86
11-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Gotta excuse him--the greatest thing to come out of Argentina is a midget soccer player and Messi.

What does that have to do with that old man with the pony tail not being funny?

Blizzardwizard
11-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Baseball = requires brains and intelligence

Povertyball = requires 0 IQ. A five-year-old can run around and kick a ball.

http://noporkpies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Karl-Pilkington-Bullshit.jpg

Kyle Orton
11-21-2014, 03:05 PM
played baseball for 7 years growing up along. a lot more fun to play than watch. can confirm pro baseball sucks ass

soccer>

AaronY
11-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Lol George Carlin not funny. I seen it all now

Biernutz
11-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Why kickball sucks :lol

http://youtu.be/uTJdxrz38as

gnsf0946
11-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Why kickball sucks :lol

http://youtu.be/uTJdxrz38as

Very short video, I bet a baseball one would go on for hours and hours, just like the games themselves.