PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker thread..

Pages : [1] 2

Malik Hairston
11-11-2014, 01:15 AM
In all seriousness, some of us call him Enrique with love, we're just playing around, but let's discuss Tony Parker's progression in the 2014-2015 season in this thread, tbh..

Tony was pretty bad in the 2014 playoffs, having the 2nd worst on/off metrics on the team and poor advanced metrics across the board..I attributed it to the wear&tear from a deep Finals run in 2013 followed by playing International ball during the Summer..I figured he would bounce back with a full off-season, but so far, he doesn't really look improved IMO..

It's still way too early to judge, though, he's probably still coasting like the rest of the Spurs..

Use this thread to track his improvements, etc..

Malik Hairston
11-11-2014, 01:16 AM
It's going to be interesting to see what Pop does with the system going forward, too, especially when it pertains to the starting unit..

Tonight saw a lot of Kawhi in the post, they were clearly making it a priority..

Can the Spurs afford to run a lot of Leonard post/iso AND continue to run a lot of Parker iso? Where is the ball movement from last year going to come from?

ElNono
11-11-2014, 01:17 AM
he has a lot of miles in his legs... would be difficult for the Spurs if he lost a step, tbh... but it's early, he's gonna get the benefit of the doubt from me...

apalisoc_9
11-11-2014, 01:18 AM
His 3's are much improved..

I haven't seen his 2012 speed though..

if he plays the same way as 13-14 without playing for france, father time is probably getting him..

IMO though, his shooting is still very reliable...If its really a matter of getting old, at least he could depend on his improved 3's and good jumpshot in general.

He was bound to lose a step due to age. I think it might be permanent. Luckily for the Spurs, they still found a way to win even with this Parker last year. Bad thing though that other teams might get wise and stop sticking their best defender on Parker and on Leonard instead.

Malik Hairston
Well, it's just a reality that we have to consider, tbh..

Last year's performance was either fatigue from a year of basketball vs. beginning of the decline for a PG in his 30s with a ton of mileage..

Hopefully his 3-point improvement is real, as that would negate some of the physical decline..

lefty
We take the lead and phaggot goes solo with a bad shot

Thank God Kiwi was there for the offensive rebound

BatManu20
11-11-2014, 01:19 AM
If Parker is still struggling come playoffs (a long ways away, I know), it will incredibly difficult for us to repeat tbh.

apalisoc_9
11-11-2014, 01:20 AM
Believe it or not, I'm not really a big fan of Kawhiso...

He was awesome in the finals, but his points came from ball movement..

Malik Hairston
11-11-2014, 01:20 AM
He was bound to lose a step due to age. I think it might be permanent. Luckily for the Spurs, they still found a way to win even with this Parker last year. Bad thing though that other teams might get wise and stop sticking their best defender on Parker and on Leonard instead.

Spurs were literally better when Parker was on the bench in the playoffs last year, tbh..

Malik Hairston
11-11-2014, 01:21 AM
But ya, although the Spurs won the 2014 championship with Parker being a liability for large stretches, I do agree that they can't win it again this year if he isn't at least occasionally able to dominate..

objective
Might just be recency bias, but it feels like he is getting his shot blocked more. Plus more trouble getting to the rim.

lefty
Spurs were literally better when Parker was on the bench in the playoffs last year, tbh..

Floyd Pacquiao
11-11-2014, 01:22 AM
I want tony to be relegated to mainly a spot up shooter role this year. It'll be for the better

DarrinS
11-11-2014, 01:24 AM
All that dribbling and falling down takes its toll

gilmor2002
11-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Why don't you track Manu as well? We won't win another championship if he didn't play to form as well..

Darius McCrary
11-11-2014, 01:37 AM
People used to talk daily about how Allen Iverson would hit a physical wall overnight and it was because of all the falling and hitting the deck he'd do nightly.

Tony Parker seriously falls to teh ground and wipes out at the same clip as AI ever did, if not more.

I've said even in his legendary 2013 season that he had lost much of his quickness he had in prior seasons. Then he twisted an ankle against MEM I believe, and came back to form only to pull a hammy in game 3 of the finals.

He was nowhere near the player last season and last playoffs that we were used to.

It's not a coincidence you see all this talk about 3 point shooting from Parker now.

BatManu20
Tony is the only on of the Big 3 who might actually play for another team before he retires, tbh.

Brunodf
Too early to say tbh...

SpursFan86
11-11-2014, 01:38 AM
I'd really like to see him focus more on playmaking rather than flailing around in the paint throwing up shots that have a <5% chance of going in. He's still getting into the paint well from what I've seen...he's just not making smart plays once he gets in there.

It'd be huge if he could get closer to how he was in 2012-2013 as opposed to how he was last year tbh.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 01:38 AM

He led all Spurs in scoring for the playoffs. Not sure how you can say that.

Malik Hairston
11-11-2014, 01:43 AM
He led all Spurs in scoring for the playoffs. Not sure how you can say that.

They had a better adjusted on/off as a team when Parker was on the bench..

Malik Hairston
11-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Why don't you track Manu as well? We won't win another championship if he didn't play to form as well..

Manu hasn't been a star in a long time, Tony was still a star player in the 2013 playoffs, which wasn't even 2 years ago..

Everybody has already accepted Manu's decline, tbh, we know what type of player he is at this point of his career..

We don't know what to expect from Tony going forward, he's at an interesting point in his career following last year's playoff run..

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 01:48 AM

Playoffs are an atrociously small sample size.

Moreover, that's just as much a reflection of the fact that the Spurs shot better in the '14 playoffs than any team in NBA history, likewise for the Finals, as it is Tony being less than stellar. 19ppg in the playoffs as a PG against the gamut of teams we were up against is nothing to sneeze at. But fuck, when everyone from a strawberry milk loving Aussie to a 6'8" baguette hoarding Frenchman is making it rain from 3, and I mean shooting at unheard of clips, yeah, it's going to be tough to compete with that kind of efficiency no matter who you are.

Additionally, at the VERY least, Parker's presence on offense had to be accounted for by all teams. It's almost a given that they gameplanned to stop Tony more than any other Spurs player. We had 3 point shooters getting wide open looks in every series. Not a luxury that likely would have been as frequently enjoyed had we not had such a weapon to scare defenses like Tony. Sometimes the threat of a player is just as much of a weapon as the player itself.

lefty
11-11-2014, 01:50 AM
All that dribbling and falling down takes its toll

Splits
11-11-2014, 01:51 AM

Link?

lefty
11-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Link?

www.truthbombs.com

Splits
11-11-2014, 01:56 AM
www.truthbombs.com (http://www.truthbombs.com)

izz broke fukr

ElNono
11-11-2014, 01:57 AM
www.truthbombs.com

:lol

Splits
11-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Guess I should ponyup and buy that domain, could be worth 10s of $$ in the future

Robz4000
11-11-2014, 02:02 AM
He's dead Jim

Mugen
11-11-2014, 02:04 AM
www.truthbombs.com (http://www.truthbombs.com)

SpursFan86
11-11-2014, 02:05 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2014/on-off/

On/off numbers aren't flawless, but anyone watching us play during the playoffs could see that our offense often ran smoother with Parker out of the game. We still did well with him in obviously, and raw on/off numbers don't adjust for strength of backups or the opposing team, but still...he could be a ballstopper at times, and with how our team was shooting in the playoffs, it often slowed us down.

BTW, let's all take a moment to reflect on Belinelli's -28 net rating. We outscored opposing teams by 19 points per 100 possessions with him off the court, and got outscored by opposing teams by 8.9 points per 100 possessions when he was on the court. Jesus fucking christ.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-11-2014, 02:11 AM
We don't win game 6 in okc with tony playing the 2nd half

Darius Bieber
11-11-2014, 02:15 AM
Mills > Parker.

howbouthemspurs
11-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Spurs don't go to the Finals with out Parker! Period! He controlled the offense! Even while on the bench!

romain.star
11-11-2014, 03:32 AM
Mills > Parker.

David Cameron > Patty Mills > Marge Simpsons > Parker > my sister

spursparker9
11-11-2014, 05:07 AM
PG usually declines at this age (32 yrs old).

Brazil
11-11-2014, 06:35 AM

ya and btw Spurs were also better with Duncan on the bench by 1 pt while Spurs are better with Manu on court by 12... I guess this has nothing to do with the fact Tim and Parker were playing their minutes against first units... shhh
On Miami first try to get a nba title, Lebron was literrally a dead weight with a +/- of -15 but hey I thought dude was a god ?

btw you also should mention that Boris Diaw had the third worst on/off metrics of the team.

I'm not saying Parker did not had by his own standards a mediocre POs run... I wrote it 10 times now let's not act like this spurs team would have won wihout him or Spurs won despite him...

fun agenda tho

-21-
11-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Off topic but can somebody please tell me why he is called Enrique?

hater
11-11-2014, 07:46 AM
We don't come back on clips with out Tony. He scored 9 of spurs first 11 in the 4th....

Brazil
11-11-2014, 08:16 AM
For the rest, it's indeed interesting to keep track of Parker's progression after his slow start...

note that we have this kind of thread almost every year, but at one point, he will obviously decline. After a full off season, that's the good year to see if he will regress.

Nevertheless Parker usually has slow start, sample is too small to draw any conclusions yet. As a reference, His first 10 games of what is considered his peak year 12-13 was pretty bad shooting very poorly well below .50... he had particularly a tough stretch games 4-5-6-7-8 shooting 3-13, 2-7, 1-5, 8-18. DPG was making a case IIRC of TP losing a step.

That year is a bit different, he was shooting solid untill last night but struggling with TOs and it has been the opposite against Clips.

In +/- 10 games we will get I believe a better picture

Mal
11-11-2014, 08:22 AM
he has a lot of miles in his legs... would be difficult for the Spurs if he lost a step, tbh... but it's early, he's gonna get the benefit of the doubt from me...

But it`s not like he didnt develop his game. I remember times, when he didnt even try to shoot wide open three pointer.

gilmor
11-11-2014, 08:26 AM
He will still make the All-Star this year..

Diego20
11-11-2014, 08:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU

:rollin:rollin

Johnny RIngo
11-11-2014, 11:52 AM
He's scary bad right now - the main reason why the Spurs offense is so shitty this year(besides the shooting slump). TP is usually an excellent regular season player. His collapse usually happen in the playoffs. Very worrying that he can't even play well in the meaningless games anymore. Playoffs are going to be brutal for him this year.

Brazil
11-11-2014, 11:56 AM
^you should be renammed Johnny Dingo tbh

baseline bum
11-11-2014, 12:04 PM

koJlIGDImiU

InRareForm
11-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Crazy that it wasn't too long ago he was a MVP candidate before injury

Bambililos
11-11-2014, 12:37 PM
I'll grant you that he's not playing perfect, but hey, it's the beginning of the season. He still has a bit of rust, loses the ball too much, which I trust he'll clean up before a couple months. He doesn't have a great %, as many other players in the team. Against, that's going to improve when they shake the rust up. But he looks energetic to me, willing to pass the ball AND to attack. Tony is fine, the Spurs are going to be fine.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 12:57 PM
He's scary bad right now - the main reason why the Spurs offense is so shitty this year(besides the shooting slump). TP is usually an excellent regular season player. His collapse usually happen in the playoffs. Very worrying that he can't even play well in the meaningless games anymore. Playoffs are going to be brutal for him this year.

I love how 18 ppg on 50% shooting for a PG is "scary bad".

Literally NO ONE else has been bringing it night to night. No one. Duncan has been there but he's not a prime scoring threat anymore.

Fucking Spurs fans. You have no fucking idea what "scary bad" is from a point guard.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 12:59 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2015.html#per_game::none

Yeah. "Tony's fault" that no one else on the team is scoring more than 12 PPG other than Tim.

benstanfield
11-11-2014, 01:05 PM
On/Off #'s

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01/on-off/2015/

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 01:07 PM
On/Off #'s

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01/on-off/2015/

Clearly Pop just doesn't know statistics, otherwise he'd sit Parker at the end of the bench, since it's obvious that on/off is the only thing that matters in basketball.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 01:13 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02/on-off/2015/

Danny Green is a terrible basketball cancer!

Mikeanaro
11-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Im not sold on he lost a step, these are the first games and he is taking things easy, last season showed us is not that important how we start but more how we finish and we have already beat Mavs and Clips.
Having said that I hope he cuts the hero act.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 01:21 PM
But it`s not like he didnt develop his game. I remember times, when he didnt even try to shoot wide open three pointer.

Tony's biggest attribute is his speed. It gives the offense a completely different look. His new 3 point shot looks great, tbh... but we're chock full of 3 point shooters and not enough penetrators, it would be difficult for the Spurs to replace that, IMO.

EVAY
11-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Someone else mentioned that Parker is getting blocked more this year than he has in the past. I think that is true, and I think it reflects the lack of Splitter being on the court. I don't know who else noticed it, but for the few minutes that Splitter played this season in that one game, the offense was definitely improved, even though he was terribly rusty. I noticed it then, and I think the loss of Splitter's ability and willingness to block out defenders when Tony is penetrating in the paint. Makes a big difference in the offensive flow to have Splitter keeping the other team's big off our slashers. We don't always give Tiago his due for his contribution to our offense, I think.

Even with Tiago's blocking, Tony has taken a pounding in the paint for a bunch of years now, and it may be beginning to show. Although he has been fearless in going to the rim, he has paid for it a lot with knockdowns, too. At some point, that is going to take its toll on his body, and that time may be now.

But I expect him to get considerably better when Tiago can play regular minutes again.

Johnny RIngo
11-11-2014, 01:41 PM
I love how 18 ppg on 50% shooting for a PG is "scary bad".

Literally NO ONE else has been bringing it night to night. No one. Duncan has been there but he's not a prime scoring threat anymore.

Fucking Spurs fans. You have no fucking idea what "scary bad" is from a point guard.

It's funny - the arguments you're making are the same shit Kobe fans used to justify his negative impact play in 2013. But he's efficient! Parker's getting his scoring numbers but he's not making the team better. Bringing it every night - LOL. Watch the games. I've had league pass the past five years and watch nearly every Spurs game. This is the worst I've seen TP play in all that time. He's forcing it on offense(turning the ball over in the process), getting his layups blocked, lost on defense every possession, court vision is non-existent. TP looks horrible. The advanced numbers for the current season prove my point:

14.9 PER - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
26.0% Assist Percentage - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
17.8% Turnover Percentage - worst in his career to date
103 ORtg - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
109 DRtg - worst in his career to date
.070 WS/49 - worst in his career to date

Compare this to TP's career averages:

19.1 PER
32.9% Assist Percentage
13.9% Turnover Percentage
109 ORtg
104 DRtg
.150 WS/48

I won't even post peak TP's numbers(2013 season)...the comparison would be embarrassing. It's still early in the season and Parker has a lot of time to improve. Hopefully he does because the Spurs need him. But let's not pretend TP has been playing great. He hasn't.

eric365
11-11-2014, 01:49 PM
It would help him a lot if someone could hit 3s to space the floor like the previous years.

Parker has a good 3pts% so far but the rest of team is shooting 25% on 3s

ginobilized
11-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Tony is in a new position that will require him to adapt his game to the current pieces in this system. Pop is also adapting the system to the current pieces. Tony can dominate a few games still, make no mistake. It is up to Pop and Tony's health to determine when those happen.
TP has the ability to take over for stretches, now having Kawhi as an offensive threat will open up his game in the long run. I think TP is learning to adjust and transition to a new role, that is no easy task. Luckily, he has a solid role model in TD who has re-invented his role several times now.

If this team gels by season's end, there will be more offensive weapons than last season. TP is a pro, he will contribute to the ultimate goal of winning.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 02:19 PM
It's funny - the arguments you're making are the same shit Kobe fans used to justify his negative impact play in 2013. But he's efficient! Parker's getting his scoring numbers but he's not making the team better. Bringing it every night - LOL. Watch the games. I've had league pass the past five years and watch nearly every Spurs game. This is the worst I've seen TP play in all that time. He's forcing it on offense(turning the ball over in the process), getting his layups blocked, lost on defense every possession, court vision is non-existent. TP looks horrible. The advanced numbers for the current season prove my point:

14.9 PER - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
26.0% Assist Percentage - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
17.8% Turnover Percentage - worst in his career to date
103 ORtg - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
109 DRtg - worst in his career to date
.070 WS/49 - worst in his career to date

Compare this to TP's career averages:

19.1 PER
32.9% Assist Percentage
13.9% Turnover Percentage
109 ORtg
104 DRtg
.150 WS/48

I won't even post peak TP's numbers(2013 season)...the comparison would be embarrassing. It's still early in the season and Parker has a lot of time to improve. Hopefully he does because the Spurs need him. But let's not pretend TP has been playing great. He hasn't.

6 games is not a statistically significant sample size. It's not even close. And of course Parker is struggling, no one else on the team aside from Duncan is showing ANY kind of consistent threat on offense. Defenses are keying on Parker and STILL no one is going off. If we get a couple more nights like last night from Kawhi, Tony's numbers will go up.

Tony hasn't been playing great, but let me ask, aside from arguably Duncan, who's even been playing DECENT? Leonard, for one game?

I'm not even going to address the bogus Kobe comparison. That's fucking stupid. Let me know when Tony's usage rate goes above 30, he starts throwing teammates under the bus, and repeatedly shoots 20+ shots despite shooting 33% for the game.

Johnsyounger
11-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Tony struggles against big line ups ...Clippers have big, athletic bigs. He will play well in GS.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:13 PM
You know me, I'm a huge Tony homer... he earned the benefit of doubt, IMO.

-21-
11-11-2014, 03:17 PM
koJlIGDImiU

Ohhhhh.:lol

Johnny RIngo
11-11-2014, 03:23 PM
6 games is not a statistically significant sample size. It's not even close. And of course Parker is struggling, no one else on the team aside from Duncan is showing ANY kind of consistent threat on offense. Defenses are keying on Parker and STILL no one is going off. If we get a couple more nights like last night from Kawhi, Tony's numbers will go up.

6 games is also too small a sample to say Parker has been playing great and "bringing it every night".

As far as Parker's decline, we have a lot more than 6 games. Parker didn't look all that great in the reg season last year and that play carried over to the playoffs. In fact, Parker hasn't looked like an all-star calibre guard since the 2013 season.

Tony hasn't been playing great, but let me ask, aside from arguably Duncan, who's even been playing DECENT? Leonard, for one game?

Duncan, Leonard, Manu, Joseph, and Bellineli have all been pretty solid. Two of those guys are better than expected(Cory and Marco) and it pains me to say that because I hate both players. On/Off numbers for the relevant players on the team:

+15.2 - Duncan
+13.9 - Leonard
+13.5 - Manu
+11.2 - Belinelli
+4.5 - Joseph
0.0 - Baynes
-1.2 - Boris
-7.1 - Bonner
-22.2 - Parker
-22.9 - Green

No excuse for Tony to be so underwhelming when he's only 32. Compare that to Duncan and Manu who are both near 40. Green and Boris have also been awful - both need to step it up.

I'm not even going to address the bogus Kobe comparison. That's fucking stupid. Let me know when Tony's usage rate goes above 30, he starts throwing teammates under the bus, and repeatedly shoots 20+ shots despite shooting 33% for the game.

I was talking about 2013 Kobe who had efficient box score numbers(but was negatively impacting his team overall). You brought up Tony's efficiency and claimed that he was playing great based on one box score metric. Just as bad as Kobe fans. Watch the games and stop looking at box scores.

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:24 PM
You know me, I'm a huge Tony homer... he earned the benefit of doubt, IMO.

like I'm a huge Manu homer.... only difference I mean it

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:29 PM
like I'm a huge Manu homer.... only difference I mean it

:lol not sure what you're suggesting, tbh...

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:35 PM
:lol not sure what you're suggesting, tbh...

:lol we both know better

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Time to switch gears... does Tony has anything to prove tonight against the "current" #1 PG in the game?

Will he ask Pop to guard Curry?

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Time to switch gears... does Tony has anything to prove tonight against the "current" #1 PG in the game?

you are on a roll today

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
legit question, IMO

RD2191
11-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Parker is playing well. Tbh. Anyways for those bitching, who do you suppose we replace him with? Start CoJo? Cojo hasn't been the same since jkid cursed him, tbh.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Parker is playing well. Tbh. Anyways for those bitching, who do you suppose we replace him with? Start CoJo? Cojo hasn't been the same since jkid cursed him, tbh.

Don't give up on Cojo, plz... your support helped him last season, IMO.

bklynspursfan
11-11-2014, 04:19 PM
he always starts slow, causing these sorts of questions, then he gets it going mid-season. like clockwork.....

RD2191
11-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Don't give up on Cojo, plz... your support helped him last season, IMO.
Gonna have to buy me a cojo jersey, tbh. If I can find one.:lol

EVAY
11-11-2014, 06:17 PM

I don't think so. Last night against CP3 would have been the better 'statement' I think. It occurred to me while watching the game that last night was one of the relatively few times that Tony did not out-play CP3 when I have been watching. But last night Paul had a better game.

Curry is just such a long-distance scorer, I don't think that TP considers them in the same category.

I would assume that Green or Kawhi would guard Curry, especially since Klay may be out tonight.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 08:14 PM
6 games is also too small a sample to say Parker has been playing great and "bringing it every night".

He leads our team in scoring and is one of only 2 Spurs scoring more than 12 PPG. Where are the threads about how Diaw (big contract) and Kawhi (potential max deal) are underperforming? Does one game from Kawhi offset his 12ppg average so far this season?

As far as Parker's decline, we have a lot more than 6 games. Parker didn't look all that great in the reg season last year and that play carried over to the playoffs. In fact, Parker hasn't looked like an all-star calibre guard since the 2013 season.

And Parker was gimpy much of last year, in addition to playing Nationals, so he had a LOT of miles on him. Amazingly enough, he still led the Spurs in scoring in the post-season.

Duncan, Leonard, Manu, Joseph, and Bellineli have all been pretty solid.

I already stated Duncan has been good. Manu is great as long as he isn't asked to play 32+ minutes per night, something Tony IS asked to do, including back to backs.

Joseph has had, what, two decent games? And against the 2nd units of the other team.

Beli. The worst defender on the team gets a free pass, but Tony doesn't? :lol k.

Two of those guys are better than expected(Cory and Marco) and it pains me to say that because I hate both players. On/Off numbers for the relevant players on the team:

+15.2 - Duncan
+13.9 - Leonard
+13.5 - Manu
+11.2 - Belinelli
+4.5 - Joseph
0.0 - Baynes
-1.2 - Boris
-7.1 - Bonner
-22.2 - Parker
-22.9 - Green

No excuse for Tony to be so underwhelming when he's only 32. Compare that to Duncan and Manu who are both near 40. Green and Boris have also been awful - both need to step it up.

6 games into the season. Put your fucking pitchforks away. It's embarrassing.

I was talking about 2013 Kobe who had efficient box score numbers(but was negatively impacting his team overall). You brought up Tony's efficiency and claimed that he was playing great based on one box score metric. Just as bad as Kobe fans. Watch the games and stop looking at box scores.

Point to where I said Tony has been playing great. Please. I dare you. Kindly ignore this snippet:

Tony hasn't been playing great.

But I'm going to end this because apparently defending a player on Spurstalk (specifically Tony) means I think he's an MVP candidate, which is laughable. Learn to construct an argument that doesn't fabricate statements that are nearly in complete opposition to what I've said, and we'll talk.

gilmor2002
11-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Actually Parker outplayed CP3 in the 4th quarter in the Clippers game. CP3 didn't score one single basket for a good stretch and I remembered the Clippers got completely shut down for a long period of time.

All thanks to Manu for the foul (3 Clippers' free throws) and missing the 2 free-throws, if not, we would have beaten Clippers comfortably.

Pauleta14
11-11-2014, 09:03 PM
:lol Never gets old...

I still wonder if they all are trolls like lefty or if some of those Parker bashers are THAT stupid tho..

Mel_13
11-11-2014, 09:07 PM

I still wonder if they all are trolls like lefty or if some of those Parker bashers are THAT stupid tho..

Many are both.

Cry Havoc
11-11-2014, 10:12 PM

I actually think some of them think Parker is holding this franchise back. Look at how doggedly they argue and try to bring up meaningless stats.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 10:33 PM

I actually think some of them think Parker is holding this franchise back. Look at how doggedly they argue and try to bring up meaningless stats.

Yeah, sad, tbh

manufan10
11-12-2014, 12:47 AM
2-2 on 3s tonight. :tu

hater
11-12-2014, 12:47 AM
:lmao this thread :lol :lol

Parker tonight 29pts 7asts 11/14FG

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ElNono
11-12-2014, 12:49 AM
:lol this is why you never doubt MVParker

gilmor2002
11-12-2014, 12:50 AM

Re-quote Nono.. Not too shabby display from Tony against the current #1 PG in the game.. tbh

+/- +5 against -18 :ihit

Cry Havoc
:lmao this thread :lol :lol

Parker tonight 29pts 7asts 11/14FG

While guarding Curry.

Meanwhile Steph who's avg. 30 ppg gets 16 points 5 assists with 0 threes.

:lmao shitty fans getting reminded that they couldn't coach a fucking JV team

hater
While guarding Curry.

Meanwhile Steph who's avg. 30 ppg gets 16 points 5 assists with 0 threes.

:lmao shitty fans getting reminded that they couldn't coach a fucking JV team

Parker raped both Splash Faggots imo

ElNono
11-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Re-quote Nono.. Not too shabby display from Tony against the current #1 PG in the game.. tbh

Looks like he wanted to prove something and he did, tbh

Malik Hairston
11-12-2014, 12:52 AM
TP had a great game tonight, tbh, good to see..

Not sure what all the posts above me are about, though..Tony playing well tonight doesn't change his awful playoff run from last year..these current games are meaningless in the long run, the Spurs need Tony to play well in the playoffs..

Hopefully last year was just wear&tear, rather than decline, as I said earlier in the thread..guys like myself, apalisoc and Lefty are all big Tony Parker fans, we don't hate our own players like GreatYacht:lol, we want to see TP succeed, obviously, the Spurs would be even better if he could elevate his game in the post-season this year..

Let's pray he can string great playoff games together like he did in 2012-2013l:toast..

hater
11-12-2014, 12:53 AM
not the thread itself tbh but there are plenty laughable posts in this thread imo :lol

SpursFan86
11-12-2014, 12:53 AM

Not sure what all the posts above me are about, though..Tony playing well tonight doesn't change his awful playoff run from last year..

I don't know why people get so defensive lol. Saying that Parker had an underwhelming playoff run and that the team sometimes played better without him doesn't mean we're Parker haters or that we think Mills > Parker or any shit like that.

Anyways, Parker looked awesome tonight. Destroyed Curry 1-on-1 at the end of the game and really sealed the deal.

gilmor2002
11-12-2014, 12:54 AM

tbh Parker is prob the top 5 PG in the game. And to bring it at his age is amazing..

gilmor2002
11-12-2014, 12:56 AM

Not sure what all the posts above me are about, though..Tony playing well tonight doesn't change his awful playoff run from last year..these current games are meaningless in the long run, the Spurs need Tony to play well in the playoffs..

Hopefully last year was just wear&tear, rather than decline, as I said earlier in the thread..guys like myself, apalisoc and Lefty are all big Tony Parker fans, we don't hate our own players like GreatYacht:lol, we want to see TP succeed, obviously, the Spurs would be even better if he could elevate his game in the post-season this year..

Let's pray he can string great playoff games together like he did in 2012-2013l:toast..

See that's the problem with you.. When Parker do well, you said the game is meaningless.. When Parker doesn't play well, then all the shit is on him.

If it's meaningless, why start this thread? Might as well start a "Tony Parker Playoffs thread" comes Playoff times?

Cry Havoc
11-12-2014, 12:57 AM

And as I've outlined, Parker was far less than 100% in the last post-season. We knew that going in. It wasn't shocking that he wasn't a dominant force. Even so, he LED ALL SPURS IN SCORING. Additionally, given the Spurs were shooting off the scale from 3, it's no surprise that Parker's efficiency suffered by comparison.

hater
11-12-2014, 12:58 AM

We take the lead and phaggot goes solo with a bad shot

Thank God Kiwi was there for the offensive rebound

He's dead Jim

Mills > Parker.

PG usually declines at this age (32 yrs old).

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2014, 01:00 AM
I hate our PG that shoots above 50%... Wish we had closers like we saw with CP3 and Curry this week

howbouthemspurs
11-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Tony led the Spurs in scoring in the playoffs last year! Not sure why some of you think he didnt do good! He sacrificed a lot of his stats for total team ball! It's one of the reasons the Spurs played some of the most beautiful basketball we have ever seen in the playoffs.

11-12-2014, 01:02 AM
? Parker still looks a step slow. He'll never have that peak speed again but can still score. The biggest adjustment the Spurs should make is find other ways to score in the paint now that Parker can't get in there and score at will.

This wasn't a thread to bash Parker. The Spurs are going through a transition. Before, it was Parker carrying the offense in the regular season but now they have to adapt since Parker can't take over as much anymore. Even though Parker was the leading scorer today, he just wasn't dominant on offense like he was in the past. Duncan went through the same thing, Manu went through the same, and now Parker is entering that point in his career where he needs to pass the torch to his teammates.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 01:04 AM
? Parker still looks a step slow. He'll never have that peak speed again but can still score. The biggest adjustment the Spurs should make is find other ways to score in the paint now that Parker can't get in there and score at will.

This wasn't a thread to bash Parker. The Spurs are going through a transition. Before, it was Parker carrying the offense in the regular season but now they have to adapt since Parker can't take over as much anymore. Even though Parker was the leading scorer today, he just wasn't dominant on offense like he was in the past. Duncan went through the same thing, Manu went through the same, and now Parker is entering that point in his career where he needs to pass the torch to his teammates.

Great Post tbh....

ChumpDumper
11-12-2014, 01:28 AM
This thread is being spun like a top.

lol

wildchild
11-12-2014, 02:49 AM
What did he need to prove tonight?
He's better than Curry? Last game other guy got much attention so he wanted to prove he's still the centerpiece of the team?

That's a sign that someone is emotionally immature, a bad type of leader.
I hope you're wrong.

ElNono
11-12-2014, 02:51 AM
He's better than Curry? Last game other young guy got much attention so he wanted to prove tonight he's still the centerpiece of the team?

I hope you're wrong.

I don't think he has anything to prove (esp against Curry), but this is the entertainment business, tbh... there's going to be marquee matchups every night more or less, and Curry is the current flavor of the month...

This was not a contest though, MVParker with the knockout win

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 03:40 AM
He's better than Curry? Last game other guy got much attention so he wanted to prove he's still the centerpiece of the team?

I hope you're wrong.

considering the fact that he didn't pass the ball to kawhi at all in the second half, it's probably the latter..

Cry Havoc
11-12-2014, 03:49 AM

I hope you're wrong.

You just said motivation is a terrible thing. :lol

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 03:55 AM
I don't think he has anything to prove (esp against Curry), but this is the entertainment business, tbh... there's going to be marquee matchups every night more or less, and Curry is the current flavor of the month...

This was not a contest though, MVParker with the knockout win

It was a statement game from Tony but he wasn't competing against curry...

The play where he ignored Kawhi and Manu Screaming their lungs out to pass the ball to Kawhi when he had xurry only to drive and get bailed out by kawhi himself is proff that tony is not as good as a leader as Manu and Timmy is...If this continues, its a concern..kawhi is the spurs best player...

Trying his best so hard to deny kawhi...:lmao

heyheymymy
11-12-2014, 04:36 AM
you guys are over analyzing. it's not even december yet. tony looks fine, let him get his legs.

wildchild
11-12-2014, 05:04 AM
You just said motivation is a terrible thing. :lol

No. I said there's always the motivation to win on a team like the Spurs, team first over everything. But it doesn't mean a player putting up impressive individual stats just to prove to the media he's better than the other guy.

Brazil
11-12-2014, 08:08 AM

You created a thread to follow Parker's progress and now suddenly these games are meaningless on the long run ? make up your mind brah

These games aren't meaningless, Parker regressed last year vs. his 12-13 season, I believe it's a wear and tear from 4 years of non stop bb and that he is capable to play at 12-13 level again after a full offseason but it could be the start of a decline not that surprising for a 32 y/o PG. I thought that was the purpose of this thread.

hater
11-12-2014, 09:33 AM

Parker is still clearly the head of the snake IMO. If defenses start concentrating on Kawhi, Parker is going to make minced meat out of them.

Plus, I just don't see a Kawhi centric team. He's an allstar no doubt but he's like a prime Marion, would you really build your team around a prime Marion?? nope

11-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Parker is still clearly the head of the snake IMO. If defenses start concentrating on Kawhi, Parker is going to make minced meat out of them.

Plus, I just don't see a Kawhi centric team. He's an allstar no doubt but he's like a prime Marion, would you really build your team around a prime Marion?? nope
Prime Marion? :lol

hater
11-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Prime Marion? :lol

yup. would you build a team around that guy? nope

Old School 44
11-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Even after 4 titles, Parker still plays with a chip on his shoulder, especially against guys rightly/wrongly perceived as better than him, like Chris Paul, Damian Lillard and Steph Curry. I don't think it's so much Tony's speed is gone, he just can't apply that same speed continously and as relentlessly as in past.

The beauty and strength of the Spurs comes from the versatility of the lineups at Pop's disposal, not from any one player.

Sure the passing/sharing of the Spurs is amazing at times, but don't discount the importance of occassionaly ISO ball, not just from Tony, but from others in the lineup as well. Think about other top teams and who they can ISO with, OKC - when healthy, Westbrook/Durant, Cavs-James/Irving/Love, Memphis - Gasol/Randolph, Clips - Paul/Griffin, Blazers - Aldridge/Lillard, Houston - Harden/Howard, Warriors - Curry/Thompson. I'd argue the Spurs have five guys they can readily do this with, Parker, Ginobili, Duncan, Diaw, and now Kawhi. The ability to seamless move from the motion offense to ISO ball is what makes the Spurs a tough cover.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2014, 11:09 AM
No. I said there's always the motivation to win on a team like the Spurs, team first over everything. But it doesn't mean a player putting up impressive individual stats just to prove to the media he's better than the other guy.

Parker didn't just put up impressive stats. He shut Curry down to the point where he didn't hit a 3 for the first time since early last season. That means a lot. You don't think Tim Duncan has ever used a little bulletin board material as fuel for the fire in the coming game? Because I promise you he has, especially with his old feuds with Shaq and KG.

Mel_13
11-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Coach killer, tbh:

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/11/dribbling/62015

Joseph Kony
11-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Parker tha Gawd. Fuck all you sniveling faggots hating on the French Mensch

Cry Havoc
11-12-2014, 11:18 AM

There are major differences. First of all, Kawhi is still ~5+ years away from his prime and he's already WAY better at creating his own shot than Marion ever was. As great of a player as Matrix was in his prime, he NEVER developed a first step and was NEVER able to break defenses down unless in transition.

Marion's best season is still more impressive than anything Kawhi has done over a sustained period of time (30+ games), but Kawhi's ceiling is honestly the best two way player in the league, maybe 2nd after AD if you count bigs as two way players (though they are not as lethal in the open court).

There are notable differences between Marion and Kawhi that makes the latter eminently more appealing to build a team around:

Marion was always more skilled at defending the 1-3 position with emphasis on being a tough defender on players smaller than he is. Bigger guys would give him issues. Leonard is much stronger than Marion and thus a much more versatile defender, as he can guard nearly anyone in the league from the 1-4 positions, with maybe a caveat of extremely large PFs giving him difficulty, although I think as he matures he might even be able to cover them in switch-off situations.

As mentioned, Kawhi can create his own shot and explode to the hoop with no assistance from his PG. That's something Marion could only dream of.

Marion was a fantastic system guy and could get you stats in just about every category (incredible fantasy player incidentally), but taking over a game was never something he seemed capable of doing. That was usually left to STAT or Nash to do.

We never really saw the dramatic leap from Marion. Sure, he became a gold mine for stats and got a little better with his extra-terrestrial shot, but we never saw new dimensions to his game emerge like we have with Kawhi. Leonard has the ability to become a truly complete player and is already knocking on the door of being the best wing defender in the league, if he's not there already.

If Kawhi isn't all-NBA defensive team this year, it'll be pretty sad.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Prime Marion...

:lmao

DarrinS
11-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Parker didn't just put up impressive stats. He shut Curry down to the point where he didn't hit a 3 for the first time since early last season. That means a lot. You don't think Tim Duncan has ever used a little bulletin board material as fuel for the fire in the coming game? Because I promise you he has, especially with his old feuds with Shaq and KG.

Tony defense on Curry was outstanding. Tony's 3pt shooting has been really impressive, too.

Johnny RIngo
11-12-2014, 12:19 PM
He leads our team in scoring and is one of only 2 Spurs scoring more than 12 PPG. Where are the threads about how Diaw (big contract) and Kawhi (potential max deal) are underperforming? Does one game from Kawhi offset his 12ppg average so far this season?

Diaw's a role player that comes off the bench. Kawhi's main purpose is for defense/rebounding. Parker's the starting point guard - his job is to run the offense. Until the Warrior's game last night, he's done a poor job of that.

And Parker was gimpy much of last year, in addition to playing Nationals, so he had a LOT of miles on him. Amazingly enough, he still led the Spurs in scoring in the post-season.

On poor efficiency. It would be a stretch to say Parker was a top three player for the Spurs in the 2014 playoffs. It was a team effort for sure but Parker's overall contributions were not as significant as Duncan, Manu, or Leonard's.

I already stated Duncan has been good. Manu is great as long as he isn't asked to play 32+ minutes per night, something Tony IS asked to do, including back to backs.

Manu's 37 - no one should expect 32+ minutes a night from him. Even then, Manu's impact is insane regardless of how many minutes he plays. One of the most impactful players in the post-Jordan era.

Joseph has had, what, two decent games? And against the 2nd units of the other team.

Beli. The worst defender on the team gets a free pass, but Tony doesn't? :lol k.

No one's comparing Joseph or Belinelli to Parker. Considering the low expectations for both players, they're playing surprisingly well.

Parker is the highest paid player on the team, has had a summer full of rest, and is only 32 compared to the other members of the big three. Expectations were high for TP. He SHOULD be playing like the best player on the team. Thus far, he hasn't. The Warriors game is a nice start though. Great game all around - no coincidence that the Spurs offense runs a hell of a lot smoother when TP isn't fucking around. First time all year his defense looked solid too. Hopefully, the previous six games were merely him shaking off the rust.

6 games into the season. Put your fucking pitchforks away. It's embarrassing.

It's a basketball forum. Players are meant to be analyzed and scrutinized. Please act like you've been on the internet before. If you want vanilla basketball discussions, you can go to realgm.

Point to where I said Tony has been playing great. Please. I dare you.

When you stated Parker was "bringing it every night" based solely on box score numbers. Unlike you, some of us actually watch all the games.

But I'm going to end this because apparently defending a player on Spurstalk (specifically Tony) means I think he's an MVP candidate, which is laughable. Learn to construct an argument that doesn't fabricate statements that are nearly in complete opposition to what I've said, and we'll talk.

:lol I want Parker to play well. When he's at his best(like last night), the Spurs offense is a thing of beauty. When he's at his worst(like the first couple games of the season), shit looks real ugly.

Mr Bones
11-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Parker just badly outplayed the best young PG in the league. Statistically, he annihilated him on both sides of the floor:

Parker
11-17 FG, 2-2 3ptFG, 28 pts, 7assists, 1 TO, 30 minutes

Curry
7-18 FG, 0-7 3ptFG, 16 pts, 5 assists, 3 TO, 36 minutes

Tony's had his best 3 point shooting seasons the last two years, and seems to be getting better in that regard. This seems like a natural & smart development. It's inevitable that he'll lose some quickness as he ages, but shooting the 3 efficiently will give his defenders something new to worry about, and will reopen his driving lanes. It's all part of the intelligent evolution of the Spurs, from a team that pounded it inside to Duncan to a team that counted more on Parker driving, and now to extreme ball movement and Kawhi getting plays called for him. It's great adaptation & great coaching.

boutons_deux
11-12-2014, 12:44 PM
SK had the Warriors pretty much keeping Tony out of the lane. Tony's excellent progress in mid-range and 3Gs is wonderful.

but I agree, he's become too much, too often a shoot-first PG, rather than a playmaker-first.

Mr Bones
11-12-2014, 01:11 PM
In the last 4 seasons, Parker has pretty consistently averaged about a single 3 pt attempt per game. I'd like to see that at least double this year. if he can keep shooting at his recent clips from the 3 pt line-- 35.3%, 37.5% the last two regular seasons, 35.5%, 37.1% the last two postseasons-- it only makes sense. His 3 pt attempts have gone up slightly in the last two postseasons, compared to regular season. He's clearly got the range now, unlike earlier in his career.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Diaw's a role player that comes off the bench. Kawhi's main purpose is for defense/rebounding. Parker's the starting point guard - his job is to run the offense. Until the Warrior's game last night, he's done a poor job of that.

On poor efficiency. It would be a stretch to say Parker was a top three player for the Spurs in the 2014 playoffs. It was a team effort for sure but Parker's overall contributions were not as significant as Duncan, Manu, or Leonard's.

And as has been beat to death, he was not nearly 100% for the playoffs, and even then, many teams in the league would KILL to have a PG who shoots 49% from the field and still leads the team in scoring. Tony is a victim of his own standard of efficiency.

Manu's 37 - no one should expect 32+ minutes a night from him. Even then, Manu's impact is insane regardless of how many minutes he plays. One of the most impactful players in the post-Jordan era.

Ah, so age is all that's important, right? Tony has played 13 seasons for the Spurs. Pretending he's got the average wear and tear of a 32 year old point guard is ridiculous.

Parker is the highest paid player on the team, has had a summer full of rest, and is only 32 compared to the other members of the big three. Expectations were high for TP. He SHOULD be playing like the best player on the team. Thus far, he hasn't. The Warriors game is a nice start though. Great game all around - no coincidence that the Spurs offense runs a hell of a lot smoother when TP isn't fucking around. First time all year his defense looked solid too. Hopefully, the previous six games were merely him shaking off the rust.

:lol I guess he's just fucking around, surely he's just not a competitive player.

It's a basketball forum. Players are meant to be analyzed and scrutinized. Please act like you've been on the internet before. If you want vanilla basketball discussions, you can go to realgm.

That's the excuse every fucking troll and everyone with a shitty take and no evidence to support uses. Discussion should be intelligent and civil. Unless you don't care about the quality of post on this forum and don't mind stupid amounts of trolling and shitposting that has infested this board.

:cry why wont u let me troll

:cry it's the internet i have a right to spew bullshit and feel good about it

When you stated Parker was "bringing it every night" based solely on box score numbers. Unlike you, some of us actually watch all the games.

:lmao Thanks for showing off your ignorance. :lmao Nothing to say to you other than that's a stupidly pathetic thing to say. :lmao

:lol I want Parker to play well. When he's at his best(like last night), the Spurs offense is a thing of beauty. When he's at his worst(like the first couple games of the season), shit looks real ugly.

Yeah, that 12 PPG guy who's wanting a max deal definitely doesn't shoulder any of the blame for the Spurs sluggish start. To say nothing of the fact that the Spurs have had some serious injuries to several players. But nope, it's all on Parker. :lol This is why fans like you aren't taken seriously on this board. :lol

hater
11-12-2014, 02:11 PM
There are major differences. First of all, Kawhi is still ~5+ years away from his prime and he's already WAY better at creating his own shot than Marion ever was.

Kawhi is 5 years away from his prime?? disagree completely

As mentioned, Kawhi can create his own shot and explode to the hoop with no assistance from his PG. That's something Marion could only dream of.

Kawhi can "sometimes" create his own shot. not all the time. He also is not a superb playmaker. Both are requirements for a "franchise" player. Also let's wait until opponent defenses start concentrating on Kawhi, like they do with Parker. That has not happened yet.

We never really saw the dramatic leap from Marion. Sure, he became a gold mine for stats and got a little better with his extra-terrestrial shot, but we never saw new dimensions to his game emerge like we have with Kawhi. Leonard has the ability to become a truly complete player and is already knocking on the door of being the best wing defender in the league, if he's not there already.

Marion became an allstar in his 4th year I beleive, Kawhi should be an allstar this year too. Their careers and playing styles are more similar than not IMO. Kawhi is great but not superb at any aspect (except D, which was the same case with Marion) and we still haven't seen the dramatic leap necessary for Kawhi to become "franchise" that might happen someday, or might not.

ElNono
11-12-2014, 02:22 PM
:lol Kawhi has a higher ceiling than Marion, tbh... Marion was the beneficiary of playing in the D'Antoni system

FWIW, Marion was 25 when he was first selected as an All Star reserve (his 6th year in the league)... and he really didn't peak until a couple of years later, which is when NBA players normally reach their prime...

hater
11-12-2014, 02:28 PM
disagree. Marion would be as lethal or more in the Popovich system imo

sure the potential is there, but we are talking about today.

ElNono
11-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Statistically speaking, Marion's numbers fell off a cliff once he forced his way out of the Suns... he went from a 20ppg player to a 14ppg player in about the same minutes (which regularly topped 36 mpg)... his rebounding has always been solid, but his defensive prowess has always been extremely overrated. He played his best years for a coach that did not care about defense at all, so it was not that difficult to stand out in D'Antoni defensive mediocrity.

Talking about forcing his way out, he was also the cancer that destroyed that Suns team... he started bitching he wanted more touches, it eventually became such a problem that Kerr, the GM at the time, ended up trading him for Shaq, and that was the beginning of the end for the D'Antoni Suns.

hater
11-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Marion's defense overrrated?? :lmao

Marion's D was key to Dallas getting the ship. he defended the likes of Brandon Roy, Kobe, Kevin Durant, LeBron and D-Wade on his way to the ship. He was probably one of the most versatile defenders ever and he locked Lebron to 17ppg in the Finals. Probably a good reason why Lebron asked him to join him in CLE

Chomag
11-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Parker is a scoring point guard yes but he had developed it into a pretty decent balance of it the past years. However the last few he has seemed to me to be losing that balance and looks to over dribble and score way to often before he thinks about running any offence for the team. I would love to see him get a bit back to the balance that he had before. His court vision has always been a bit average for a PG but he could still be looking to get the offence in motion as he is a floor leader (QB) for the team. The ball usually starts and stops st him.

ElNono
11-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Shawn Marion, the Lebron stopper that couldn't stop Richard Jefferson the year before... :lmao

His best defensive numbers were actually posted when he was playing for the D'Antoni Suns... always overrated, and now he's been done for a while, tbh

hater
11-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes Dick jefferson killed it at an astonishing 9ppg that time :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ElNono
11-12-2014, 05:06 PM
And eliminated him :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: shit... did the corpse of RJ really drop 9ppg on Marion? :lmao

hater
11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
"Dick Jefferson eliminated the mavs"

wow :lmao

ElNono
11-12-2014, 05:15 PM
"Shawn Marion was key to Dallas getting the ship"

hater
11-12-2014, 06:01 PM
"Shawn Marion was key to Dallas getting the ship"

“He’ll go down as one of the all-time great Mavs because of his contributions to a championship team, number one,” Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said of Marion, who will rest instead of playing Friday night. “But number two is his versatility and his ability to do so many different things that contribute to winning.”

“He was huge, what he did defensively,” center Tyson Chandler said. “He had a tough matchup every round, starting with Brandon Roy to Kobe to Kevin Durant and LeBron and D-Wade.”

“It was a great five years,” Dirk Nowitzki said. “He’s one of the most versatile defenders this league has ever seen. We basically had him guard anything from one (point guard) to sometimes even switch on fives (centers). He was the best at that, because he had the strength to play with big guys, but he also had the quickness to defend little guys, and the length.

“He was a special player. ”

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

"Defensively overrated" :lol

"Dick Jefferson scored 9ppg so there you go" :lmao

ElNono
11-12-2014, 06:12 PM
teammates quotes, none of which say he was "key" to anything :rollin

:lmao no actual counter to stats and holding the worst possible version of Dick Gayferson to his average

"Shawn Marion was key to Dallas getting the ship" crofl

hater
11-12-2014, 06:14 PM
disregard coach Carlisle, Nowitzi and Chandler's opinions. I know more than them. Plus Dick Jefferson scored 9ppg on him so he sucks at the D...

:lmao :lol :lmao

ElNono
11-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Let me post some teammates quotes praising Marion... oh shit, none of them say he was key to anything, hopefully he doesn't notice

:rollin

Brunodf
11-12-2014, 06:18 PM
MVParker tbh

ElNono
11-12-2014, 06:18 PM
:lol damn hater, where you been niglet? Missed some of these back and forth...

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I give the point to EN for that round. Hater's rejoinder was weak as shit. Nono crushed it.

ElNono
11-12-2014, 08:03 PM
It's all in good fun with my cartel comrade, tbh

Malik Hairston
11-16-2014, 12:08 AM
One of the primary signs of a declining, former star is that he can no longer string together high-level games on a consistent basis, tbh..

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 12:09 AM
One of the primary signs of a declining, former star is that he can no longer string together high-level games on a consistent basis, tbh..
good thing his 3 year max extension kicks in next season

Malik Hairston
11-16-2014, 12:30 AM
Ugh, it hurts to watch him play basketball nowadays, tbh..

Getting dominated on both ends by career backup PG Darren Collison..

ElNono
11-16-2014, 12:38 AM
good thing his 3 year max extension kicks in next season

I thought it was 2 years?

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 12:41 AM
I thought it was 2 years?
3/43

itzsoweezee
not a good look getting destroyed by darren collison.

ElNono
3/43

43? damn

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 12:43 AM
43? damn
13.4 next season, 14.4, then 15.4

ElNono
11-16-2014, 12:43 AM
13.4 next season, 14.4, then 15.4

did he get Matt Bonner's agent?

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 12:45 AM
RJ's, tbh

TheGreatYacht
11-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Na he got Manu's agent... 14M in 2013 :lol 8.

ElNono
11-16-2014, 12:46 AM
RJ's, tbh

he has the photos too?

hater
11-16-2014, 12:46 AM
I have a feeling this thread is gonna go the Gutless Worms Popsuckers Gonna Do Some Damage Control way

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 12:47 AM
I have a feeling this thread is gonna go the Gutless Worms Popsuckers Gonna Do Some Damage Control way
:lmao closing out OKC

HI-FI
11-16-2014, 12:47 AM
well, even if his athleticism is falling off, least we can depend on Parker's elite court vision and selflessness.

ElNono
11-16-2014, 12:48 AM
well, even if his athleticism is falling off, least we can depend on Parker's elite court vision and selflessness.

this

TheGreatYacht
11-16-2014, 12:48 AM
not a good look getting destroyed by darren collison.
Well Kawhi did get destroyed by Casspi and Demarre Carroll, Max :lol

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 12:51 AM
this
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Exactly. Leading the team in assists AGAIN tonight. Could've had a double double if Kawhi hit his 3's (1/8 from downtown)

HI-FI
11-16-2014, 01:02 AM
this
apparently I should've made it blue to begin with.

ElNono
11-16-2014, 01:02 AM
apparently I should've made it blue to begin with.

i know, i know

Malik Hairston
11-19-2014, 09:36 PM
In all honesty, with the emergence of Joseph as a decent option, should the Spurs explore a trade for Parker before the rest of the league realizes he's just an above average player now, tbh?..

They could probably get a nice 4th big and backup SF out of it..

Brazil
11-19-2014, 09:39 PM
^ weak trolling tbh.. You get used to get better from you Harlem

apalisoc_9
11-19-2014, 09:47 PM
man Parker doesn't even want to shoot...Just sad....

Uriel
11-19-2014, 09:48 PM
In all honesty, with the emergence of Joseph as a decent option, should the Spurs explore a trade for Parker before the rest of the league realizes he's just an above average player now, tbh?..

Nice try. :lol

In all seriousness, though, I think we should consider trading CoJo for a 4th big / backup SF.

ElNono
11-19-2014, 10:23 PM

You mean like they did with Malik Rose after giving him the thank you contract? The problem is finding another Isiah Thomas as GM, tbh

Malik Hairston
11-19-2014, 10:34 PM
You mean like they did with Malik Rose after giving him the thank you contract? The problem is finding another Isiah Thomas as GM, tbh

Thad Young + Budinger for Parker + garbage?

ElNono
11-19-2014, 10:40 PM

The Spurs can't really move him until Jan 31, 2015 IIRC... due to the extension he signed... but there could be some deals to be done there, tbh

spurraider21
11-19-2014, 10:42 PM
i like TP... he has his enrique moments, but it also seems to go unnoticed when he gets his easy buckets a few times a game. he's also gotten good at drawing bullshit fouls this year :lol

but man, i'm really not looking forward to seeing him 2-3 years from now when he's going to be getting paid 14/15 mil. hopefully the new cap spikes like its supposed to

pgardn
11-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Parker just walked into his grave this season, amazing.

And he did so playing the type of game he executed during the championship, Just not as intense as it is regular season.

cd021
11-19-2014, 11:19 PM

With Cojo and Mills breaking down defenses :lol They did just resign Rubio for $14 mill per they'd be playing around 28 million next season for 2 PGs.

cd021
11-19-2014, 11:21 PM
i like TP... he has his enrique moments, but it also seems to go unnoticed when he gets his easy buckets a few times a game. he's also gotten good at drawing bullshit fouls this year :lol

but man, i'm really not looking forward to seeing him 2-3 years from now when he's going to be getting paid 14/15 mil. hopefully the new cap spikes like its supposed to

Zach Lowe mentioned that several GMs expect it to be around $70 million as early as this off season. That would be a $12 million bump in 2 years.

gilmor
11-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Actually this is the best I have seen Parker played. There is no hero-ball. He is part of the system. He passed the ball until the open man is found. In the past, Parker used to go 1-on-1 and it disrupts the Spurs team ball format. The Spurs team ball is a rhythmic flow, it will get better and better once the players blend to each other peculiarity. Parker is playing exactly that. He no longer attacks the basket and passes out the ball, which is one-dimensional and adds on to his wear-and-tear. The fact that he is developing the 3-point is also part of the reason.

And to add on to what I have said, the defense Parker is playing right now is top-notch. The double-team on Lebron causes Lebron to lose the ball, the positioning/spacing on defense, how he reads Irwing is miles ahead of Cory.

Johnny RIngo
11-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Actually this is the best I have seen Parker played. There is no hero-ball. He is part of the system. He passed the ball until the open man is found. In the past, Parker used to go 1-on-1 and it disrupts the Spurs team ball format. The Spurs team ball is a rhythmic flow, it will get better and better once the players blend to each other peculiarity. Parker is playing exactly that. He no longer attacks the basket and passes out the ball, which is one-dimensional and adds on to his wear-and-tear. The fact that he is developing the 3-point is also part of the reason.

Nice to know the Spurs are paying $13 million for a spot-up three-point shooter.

And to add on to what I have said, the defense Parker is playing right now is top-notch. The double-team on Lebron causes Lebron to lose the ball, the positioning/spacing on defense, how he reads Irwing is miles ahead of Cory.

You must have missed the Kings game when career scrub Darren Collison took a dump all over Tony.

lefty
11-20-2014, 11:49 AM

I dont think Enrique is worth that much

At best, we could get a bench cheerleader/jizz mopper type of player

lefty
11-20-2014, 11:51 AM
man Parker doesn't even want to shoot...Just sad....
Proof that the reads Spurstalk

ElNono
11-20-2014, 01:46 PM
The last couple of years has been the most horrid defense TP has played in his career, IMO. Last season I thought it was coasting/tired legs, but looking at this season, it's difficult to come up with an excuse, tbh... the effort is there, but it's clear neither his speed or lateral movement are anywhere near what they used to be. Luckily he earned some respect from other players, and they don't go at him as much as Kyrie was going at Cojo last night. The other saving grace is that we can get away with hiding Tony and let Danny guard his guy on most matchups...

gilmor
11-20-2014, 07:11 PM
You guys are not watching the game I am watching, obviously. The defense Parker played on Irving was top-notch. Irving went off whenever Cory was on him.

That's no point bashing Parker getting paid too much or that he will be traded. Because it's not going to happen.

Tbh, I thought Manu played a rather poor game last night.

EVAY
11-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Tony's defense last night was quite good, imo.

ElNono
11-20-2014, 07:51 PM
I thought it was poor. Pop had to put Danny on Kyrie at some point and hide Tony on Harris, it was getting ugly, tbh...

Brazil
11-20-2014, 08:20 PM
^revisionist history

parker played good defense on Irving, the fact green guarded him at times is to get different looks imo and to not get Irving figuring out.

MI21
11-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Parker's defense down the stretch was nice, prior to that it wasn't flash. This is a pretty common thing with him.

Brazil
11-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Parker had a net dfg% of -32 against the cavs :lol ... So whether nba/stat is smoking grass which is possible or he had a very good defensive night

he is +0,7 on the season so far which is bad but -15 last three games progressing

ElNono
11-20-2014, 09:08 PM
the fact green guarded him at times is to get different looks imo and to not get Irving figuring out.

sure

Brazil
11-20-2014, 10:10 PM
sure

Parker had a net dfg% of -32 against the cavs :lol ... So whether nba/stat is smoking grass which is possible or he had a very good defensive night

he is +0,7 on the season so far which is bad but -15 last three games progressing

:rolleyes

ElNono
11-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Listen, we'll just disagree. Unfortunately, it's difficult to enter into any kind of long-winded argument in here without coming across (or being labeled) a hater.

I love Tony Parker (and all my Spurs), I appreciate his effort every night, nothing could be further from the truth. As I said earlier, I don't even think it's an effort issue, which would be a real problem.

It is what it is, Pop certainly seems to be aware of the issue, he apparently does have a plan B, and that's all you can ask for.

gilmor2002
11-21-2014, 02:11 AM
Nono.. u need to do up one of TIMVP's all time +/- spreadsheet where any player benefit any other player. You remember those analysis from TIMVP?

If you done up that sheet, you will see that Parker wasn't playing that badly after all. And you can hear what he says here..

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2014/11/19/111914Tonymov-3439691/

He doesn't really care about stats.. it's all about the TEAM.

You know one day.. Parker might just own part of the Spurs.. He is that tightly tied up with the Spurs..

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2014, 02:26 AM
The last couple of years has been the most horrid defense TP has played in his career, IMO. Last season I thought it was coasting/tired legs, but looking at this season, it's difficult to come up with an excuse, tbh... the effort is there, but it's clear neither his speed or lateral movement are anywhere near what they used to be. Luckily he earned some respect from other players, and they don't go at him as much as Kyrie was going at Cojo last night. The other saving grace is that we can get away with hiding Tony and let Danny guard his guy on most matchups...
You must be trolling lol

Parker held Curry in check and broke his 3PT a game streak... CP3 was guarded for 3 quarters by Parker and he ended up with 12 points lol... Dragic shot 4/10 against TP... Teague shot 2/8... Wroten was killing it the whole season and then shot 4/14 against Tony... Kyrie never torched Parker, he torched Joseph though, BAD.

Wanna talk bad defense? Manu on Casspi :lol

ElNono
11-21-2014, 04:55 AM
Nono.. u need to do up one of TIMVP's all time +/- spreadsheet where any player benefit any other player. You remember those analysis from TIMVP?

If you done up that sheet, you will see that Parker wasn't playing that badly after all. And you can hear what he says here..

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2014/11/19/111914Tonymov-3439691/

He doesn't really care about stats.. it's all about the TEAM.

You know one day.. Parker might just own part of the Spurs.. He is that tightly tied up with the Spurs..

I don't think Tony is playing "bad". Never said that. I merely pointed out that my impression is that he's having trouble staying in front of his man. It's not effort, he's fighting through screens, etc.

I have all the games recorded, I'll go back and check them out again. That has been my impression with him lately, but it could be wrong.

ElNono
11-21-2014, 05:11 AM
You must be trolling lol

Parker held Curry in check and broke his 3PT a game streak... CP3 was guarded for 3 quarters by Parker and he ended up with 12 points lol... Dragic shot 4/10 against TP... Teague shot 2/8... Wroten was killing it the whole season and then shot 4/14 against Tony... Kyrie never torched Parker, he torched Joseph though, BAD.

Wanna talk bad defense? Manu on Casspi :lol

Manu isn't considered a star anymore. We're lucky to have him giving us great production at 37 years old. You kind of expect players like that to lose a step, lack some mobility, etc. It's like I can't fault Tim for the horrible pick and roll defense. At his age, you take what they can give you, and it's amazing they can still deliver an overall impressive game.

Unfortunately, Tony has been unable to reverse the trend from last season so far. It's obviously a small sample, so nothing to make a big fuzz about. Here's the on/off numbers for the big 3 this season so far:

Parker: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01/on-off/2015/
Manu: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01/on-off/2015/
Tim: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01/on-off/2015/

Now Brazil brings a good point too, which I think it's worth repeating. His last few games have been seen an improvement. Hopefully it's a turnaround point for him.

EDIT: BTW, don't want to derail this thread, but Gino has not been playing that great either so far, IMO.

superbigtime
11-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Tony remains one of the most underrated stars in the league, even by Spurs fans. The team is not 100% and figuring it out. Looking forward to the TWolves game.

romain.star
11-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Tony remains one of the most underrated stars in the league, even by Spurs fans. The team is not 100% and figuring it out. Looking forward to the TWolves game.

What does rightfully pointing out Parker's below average Defense has anything to do with him being underrated?

Johnny RIngo
11-21-2014, 02:05 PM
:lol at the notion of Parker playing good defense this year. People keep saying this(only thinking of the GS game most likely) while ignoring all the scrub guards like Collison murdering him all year. Numbers don't lie:

http://s29.postimg.org/qd4m6ofuf/Parker_On_Off.jpg

superbigtime
11-21-2014, 02:54 PM
What does rightfully pointing out Parker's below average Defense has anything to do with him being underrated?

It's not below average at all, not for a short point guard. People love to complain.

ElNono
11-21-2014, 03:07 PM
I don't particularly think he's underrated... he's been an All Star for the past 3 years, IIRC, even when the West has better marketed PGs like CP3 or Westbrook...

This whole defense thing isn't a big deal right now, IMO. Small sample, coasting... there's a bit of everything there... but something to keep an eye on as the season goes along.

slick'81
11-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Damn fans roasting tp at the stake this season

boutons_deux
11-21-2014, 05:35 PM
In Nov, Dec 2013, who thought the Spurs looked like a kick-ass NBA Champion?

eric365
11-21-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm a Parker homer but I have to say I'm concerned with his level of play so far.
I just hope it's really coasting because it doesn't look good so far.

Especially after a whole summer off and when it's not even a shooting slump issue

Bambililos
11-21-2014, 09:11 PM
How about now?

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2014, 09:13 PM
BUMP

ElNono
11-21-2014, 09:20 PM
excellent 1st half, tbh...

not even mad Mo Williams going off, that dude is unguardable in the regular season...

ElNono
11-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Dominant game... it looked like France vs Algeria, tbh

Brazil
11-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Parker is fine tbh... He is just adapting and coasting a bit imo

tonight he feels good and go for it...

apalisoc_9
11-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Parker goes for 28 against a shitty team...

NO surprises here...Parker doing what he does.

:bobo

siraulo23
11-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Parker is fine tbh... He is just adapting and coasting a bit imo

tonight he feels good and go for it...

pretty much, mvparker still got it...

hater
11-21-2014, 10:11 PM
:lmao Parker taking a steaming shit on this thread

gameFACE
11-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah! Enrique-ball. Go TP!

SpursFan86
11-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Tony looked awesome tonight. Good to see him take advantage of Minnesota's non-existent interior defense.

DarrinS
11-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Tony has a really good 3 pt shot now. That bodes well for extending his career.

gilmor
11-22-2014, 04:01 AM
Parker goes for 28 against a shitty team...

NO surprises here...Parker doing what he does.

:bobo

Shitty teams? How bout them Warriors?

I think you are the one who is the shitty..

gilmor
11-22-2014, 04:09 AM
I don't particularly think he's underrated... he's been an All Star for the past 3 years, IIRC, even when the West has better marketed PGs like CP3 or Westbrook...

This whole defense thing isn't a big deal right now, IMO. Small sample, coasting... there's a bit of everything there... but something to keep an eye on as the season goes along.

He will be an All-Star this year again..

apalisoc_9
11-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Lets be honest here, if any player deserves to be the token spur this year..Its either timmy or kawhi, They have been by far the most xonsistent and two best players..But analyst and even some coaches are lazy to look this up.

100%duncan
11-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Oh hey TP had a bad game

"blah blah blah he sux what a fagget"

TP has a good game

"Shit team. It's november for gods sake"

boutons_deux
11-22-2014, 07:25 AM
Tony really had The Tiger In His Tank last night, focused, energetic, aggressive. unlike some games where he's in blank face, and blank game.

DarrinS
11-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Tony currently 13/19 from behind the arc (68.4%). Ridiculous

ElNono
11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
He will be an All-Star this year again..

I think he's a shoo-in, especially with Westbrook hurt, and CP3 playing at a low level.

TheGreatYacht
11-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Funny. This thread doesn't get bumped like it does when it he plays bad...

apalisoc_9
11-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Malik Hairston..:wow

First he makes Duncan shoot less and then wakes up Tony with this thread.

I have a feeling either Pop steals from Malik or he's actually a Spurs employee/coach.

Malik Hairston
11-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Love seeing Tony penetrating/finishing/dishing like he has the past 2 games, tbh..

This upcoming run, including the 2 terrible teams the Spurs just played against, should be good to help him get his rhythm back, a lot of poor teams on the schedule..

If TP can play at 2012-2013 level in the playoffs, this team is going to be unstoppable..

gilmor
11-23-2014, 08:25 AM
The Spurs are such a fun team to watch right now despite all you bitching about Tony.

This is is such a rare, unselfish team. Truly savior and enjoy every moment about the team right now. Before long, Manu and Tim will be gone forever..

DarrinS
11-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Tony currently 13/19 from behind the arc (68.4%). Ridiculous

Now 14/22 (63.6%).

Ditty
12-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Please come back soon MVParker :cry

unforeseen
12-09-2014, 11:42 PM
No MVParker, no problem :lol :lmao :rollin

Malik Hairston
12-10-2014, 12:08 AM
Spurs are now 13-4 in the past 2 seasons without Parker..horrible..

itsamanuthree
12-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Lol @ "fans" wanting the team to lose w/out Parker so that they can make a case in Spurstalk.

gilmor
12-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Spurs are now 13-4 in the past 2 seasons without Parker..horrible..

Last season is abit different from this season. No Tiago and no Mills..

I think right now this team needs production from Enrique more than last season..

Both Manu and Tim cannot put up the minutes they are putting now..

Brazil
12-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Lol @ "fans" wanting the team to lose w/out Parker so that they can make a case in Spurstalk.

try this

Lol @ "fans" wanting the team to win more w/out Parker so that they can make a case in Spurstalk.

itsamanuthree
12-10-2014, 09:29 AM
try this

Lol @ "fans" wanting the team to win more w/out Parker so that they can make a case in Spurstalk.

Yeah, same thing

Malik Hairston
12-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Ugh..

Love TP, but it's been really painful to watch him out there, as of late, tbh..

midnightpulp
12-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Ugh..

Love TP, but it's been really painful to watch him out there, as of late, tbh..

I've always said that Tony Parker needs to be 100% healthy to be at/near his best. Injuries tend to reduce his effectiveness exponentially, meaning if he's "90%" healthy he'll be about 50% the player he usually is.

timtonymanu
12-13-2014, 02:32 AM
A lot of us have been feeling this way for a while.

:cry Buh he's still a top 3 Spur.

apalisoc_9
12-13-2014, 02:36 AM
A lot of us have been feeling this way for a while.

:cry Buh he's still a top 3 Spur.

taps
12-13-2014, 06:09 AM
Love TP..

lol c'mon Harlem you've been the vanguard of the 'Trade Parker Cadre' (TPC) Since the Poops mensah-bonsuh days.

mkurts
12-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Damn Parker needs to get his shit together

TheGreatYacht
12-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Blame Daye. Parker was looking in MVP form until he got his ribs fucked up by that clown.

EVAY
12-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Parker looked absolutely terrible last night. Worse than bad. When he was finally taken out it seemed like it was after he came up gimpy after a (nother) turnover. So I suppose that he is still hurt, and probably shouldn't have played last night.

I agree with MindnightPulp's comment that Tony's injuries have an exponentially bad impact on his game. I'm afraid that part of the problem is that he believes that he is supposed to play hurt, so he tries to do it, and he is just not good at it.

We need Tony at 100%. The offense does NOT run as well without him (except when Manu is having a good game and is on the floor - neither of which factors occur with sufficient regularity any more to impact the team's W-L record), and it does not run well with him when he is injured. So I would rather he sit for another week and really get over this damn hamstring thing or whatever it is, than continue trying to 'play through it' and end up looking as bad as he did last night. Because that was UGLY!!

Hoops Czar
12-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Blame Daye. Parker was looking in MVP form until he got his ribs fucked up by that clown.
Quite it with the common sense. If 90% of those posters chastising Tony Parker actually fractured or bruised a rib, they'd be couch ridden for a month, expecting sympathy cards and asking for morphine shots every four hours but, still expect Tony to gut it out and play basketball at an all-star level. Some people need to get a clue.

le13
12-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Quite it with the common sense. If 90% of those posters chastising Tony Parker actually fractured or bruised a rib, they'd be couch ridden for a month, expecting sympathy cards and asking for morphine shots every four hours but, still expect Tony to gut it out and play basketball at an all-star level. Some people need to get a clue.

Completely agree!!!!

But you know about these guys, intelligence is like a parachute, if we do not have it we just crash!! Lol, so I think a lot of these posters already crashed since a long time ago lool

Malik Hairston
12-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Why is he playing and hurting the team if his ribs hurt?..Why doesn't he continue to sit out and recover?..What an awful argument:lmao..

Of course it must be a severe injury..the Spurs aren't known for being cautious with injuries or anything:lol..smh..

apalisoc_9
12-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Hoopz czar :lol

Harry Callahan
12-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Why is he playing and hurting the team if his ribs hurt?..Why doesn't he continue to sit out and recover?..What an awful argument:lmao..

Of course it must be a severe injury..the Spurs aren't known for being cautious with injuries or anything:lol..smh..

The Spurs baby those injuries for sure and I agree with it. Take last year - Pop decided to sit Tony for awhile due to general weariness. That was a good call. Unfortunately, this year, Patty Mills is not yet in the mix. Once Mills is back and can take some of the burden off of Joseph, Pop will use them both to give TP some necessary rest and/or time off. The ball movement for the team picked up when Splitter, Manu, and Beli were together with Diaw. The team just needs more guys well physically.

Parker runs and runs and runs excecuting this offense. He's got to get that gear going to see the free flowing play of last year.

Hoops Czar
12-14-2014, 04:00 PM

:lmao Why does Manu continue to hurt the team and be 100% healthy? :lmao Why does Tony Romo play with bruised ribs while killing the Cowboys chance to make the playoffs? Because he's a competitor :lol. :lmao The fact that you had to even ask that question.

:lmao It's a bruised rib, not a career ending Jones fracture:lmao. He can play with it without it getting worse as long as he can handle the pain. What a terrible rebuttal.

Malik Hairston
12-14-2014, 04:07 PM
What the hell?..

You're comparing Tony Romo playing FOOTBALL in a 16-game season where every single game matters to a Spurs player playing completely meaningless games in December?:lol..not to mention a Spurs player that doesn't care about regular season stats, and a franchise that babies their players regarding their injuries..smh..

And you're using the injury as an excuse for his play..if he doesn't play, he doesn't risk aggravating the injury, which would be very easy to do in a basketball game(your ribs are always potentially involved in a play)..so, why is he playing?..you think Tony Parker actually cares about games vs. the Lakers in December?.

TheGreatYacht
12-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Spot on, tbh

and :lmao sympathy cards

Hoops Czar
12-14-2014, 04:37 PM
What the hell?..

You're comparing Tony Romo playing FOOTBALL in a 16-game season where every single game matters to a Spurs player playing completely meaningless games in December?:lol..not to mention a Spurs player that doesn't care about regular season stats, and a franchise that babies their players regarding their injuries..smh..

And you're using the injury as an excuse for his play..if he doesn't play, he doesn't risk aggravating the injury, which would be very easy to do in a basketball game(your ribs are always potentially involved in a play)..so, why is he playing?..you think Tony Parker actually cares about games vs. the Lakers in December?.

:lmao Moving the goal post, per par, tbh :lmao. :lol! Every game matters in football as it does in the western conference playoff race. However, Romo's pathetic play has already cost his team two football games and now (:lmao Redskins), they're on the verge of missing the playoffs.

:lmao Regular season stats... Who said anything about regular season stats? Reread my post, tbh. The Spurs have a sub par back up pg in CoJo who has some of the worst court vision I've seen and an injured backup pg in Mills. Belinelli can't even pretend to play pg and Manu is on a minutes restriction and is already on overload. If he continues at this rate, he'll be gassed by the time the playoffs arrive. Don't even suggest KA as backup pg because he's not there yet. He's playing because he can and has to.

I would think it would be much easier to re-injure your ribs in football when tacklers are constantly taking shots at you. I don't see NBA players charging at players head first. :lol If they did, it would be a Flagrant 2 and a probable suspension. Just keep him away from the Spurs practice squad (Ayres and Daye) and he should be fine. Doctors have said he could play through the injury as long as Tony can handle the pain. If he could potentially aggravate the injury, Pop wouldn't allow him to play.

Malik Hairston
12-14-2014, 04:42 PM
The Spurs are 13-4 in their last 17 without Parker, he doesn't have to play, at all..Pop sat him out for weeks last year because of an injury/rest..if you believe Pop would allow Parker to play if he had a serious injury, then clearly you haven't been following the Spurs, at all(which wouldn't be surprising, since you doubt them every year)..

And you're actually comparing a 16-game NFL season to an 82-game NBA season? Are you serious? I know you overvalue the NBA regular season, since you do it every year(ex. everything you have said about the Spurs and Heat since 2011), but comparing the QB of an NFL team in a 16-game season to Tony Parker's role in December games in an 82 game season is an absolutely terrible argument and makes no sense, at all..

Nobody compared the risk of injury in the NFL to the NBA, btw..that doesn't have anything to do with my point..the only comparison of the NBA vs. NFL that I made was the value of regular season games in a 16-game season vs. 82-game season..

If Parker's ribs were a serious threat for injury, Pop wouldn't be playing him in meaningless December games, only a complete moron would believe otherwise..