PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: tbh, was the Enrique-led era the weakest stretch of TD's Spurs?

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:05 AM
Just want to gauge the non-biased opinion of the knowledgeable posters that grace the NBA Forum, tbh... this is clearly a very emotional subject for certain Spursfans, so I'm gonna keep it here.

We have Tim's peak from '99 to '06, Manu's peak from '04 to '08 (there's some overlap there), with 4 titles, etc... then a sudden drop until we trade for Kawhi in draft night...

It was such a drop that even Enrique himself admitted he though the Spurs were no longer contenders...

Now it's obvious it's Kawhi's time and it looks like Tony has lost a step, so in hindsight, looks to me that the '09-'12 stretch was the worst of the TD era...

Agree, disagree, comments?

apalisoc_9
11-11-2014, 03:07 AM
Yes...

hyhy
11-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Good thread. Yes

Robz4000
11-11-2014, 03:13 AM
The Manu stretch was from 07-10 tbh, while Parker was the head of the snake from 11-14. Both eras had one title so they're even.

scanry
11-11-2014, 03:21 AM
The Manu stretch was from 07-10 tbh, while Parker was the head of the snake from 11-14. Both eras had one title so they're even.

No Manu dropped off after the 09 season. Tony's ended after Chalmers punked him in 2013 tbh.

Robz4000
11-11-2014, 03:27 AM
No Manu dropped off after the 09 season. Tony's ended after Chalmers punked him in 2013 tbh.

Manu was the #1 option really until after 8, then Pop made the transition to Tony.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:29 AM

Manu was already beasting in '04, tbh, '05 he had a great year with the Olympic Gold, and a prominent role in the NBA Finals.

I thought after those Finals, Pop called his number much more often, including closing out games, and the Spurs transformed the 4-down offense to much more of a fluid offense... Manu's lead role ended with the '09 ankle injury, missing the playoffs for the Spurs, and that's where Parker really took the reins, IMO.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:30 AM
Manu was the #1 option really until after 8, then Pop made the transition to Tony.

Even today Gino closes out games here or there, but this has been Tony's team for a while, tbh... well, at least until last year, we'll see what happens with Kawhi...

Robz4000
11-11-2014, 03:33 AM
Manu was already beasting in '04, tbh, '05 he had a great year with the Olympic Gold, and a prominent role in the NBA Finals.

I thought after those Finals, Pop called his number much more often, including closing out games, and the Spurs transformed the 4-down offense to much more of a fluid offense... Manu's lead role ended with the '09 ankle injury, missing the playoffs for the Spurs, and that's where Parker really took the reins, IMO.

The offense was Duncan's until 07 at the earliest. He had his decline after that until Pop shook things a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, Manu was a beast, but it was still Duncan's offense back then.

bobcatfan4life
11-11-2014, 03:34 AM
The Manu-led era was the worst.

09-Couldn't stay healthy
10-Swept in the 2nd rd
11-Another injury, lost in 1st rd

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:36 AM
The offense was Duncan's until 07 at the earliest. He had his decline after that until Pop shook things a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, Manu was a beast, but it was still Duncan's offense back then.

Just gonna have to disagree on this one, Robz. Just grab the championship DVD from 03, then one from 05, and look at the difference... heck, look at the '07 series against the Suns... night and day.

That's not to say we stopped going to Duncan, or that he wasn't #1 option. He was. But the over-reliance on him was much, much less pronounced.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:37 AM
The Manu-led era was the worst.

09-Couldn't stay healthy
10-Swept in the 2nd rd
11-Another injury, lost in 1st rd

That's the Parker at his peak era, IMO. Manu was already 32 in '09... that's when his decline started...

scanry
11-11-2014, 03:40 AM

Nah man. The late injury in 2009 pretty much ended that. His production & more importantly his explosiveness wasn't the same after his injury.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Just want to gauge the non-biased opinion of the knowledgeable posters that grace the NBA Forum, tbh... this is clearly a very emotional subject for certain Spursfans, so I'm gonna keep it here.

We have Tim's peak from '99 to '06, Manu's peak from '04 to '08 (there's some overlap there), with 4 titles, etc... then a sudden drop until we trade for Kawhi in draft night...

It was such a drop that even Enrique himself admitted he though the Spurs were no longer contenders...

Now it's obvious it's Kawhi's time and it looks like Tony has lost a step, so in hindsight, looks to me that the '09-'12 stretch was the worst of the TD era...

Agree, disagree, comments?

Not even close. After Jaren Jackson stopped giving a shit and they changed the rules the 1999-02 era before Manu and Tony was clearly the worst. AJ, Antonio Daniels, Derek Anderson, and Steve Smith were your backcourt. Samaki Walker and Malik Rose's corpse got significant minutes. :lol that Knicks trade doe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2001.html

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Not even close. After Jaren Jackson stopped giving a shit and they changed the rules the 1999-02 era before Manu and Tony was clearly the worst. AJ, Antonio Daniels, Derek Anderson, and Steve Smith were your backcourt. Samaki Walker and Malik Rose's corpse got significant minutes. :lol that Knicks trade doe.

Good point, tbh... I think I erased Terry Porter from my memory...

Robz4000
11-11-2014, 03:45 AM
Nah man. The late injury in 2009 pretty much ended that. His production & more importantly his explosiveness wasn't the same after his injury.

He was still the prime offensive weapon tho; doesn't mean he was the right choice but I guess it worked out in the end. Prolly would've gotten MVParker two seasons too early and he would've declined faster. I'd hate to think how bad Parker would've looked last year had he been the first option five years running rather than three.

Robz4000
11-11-2014, 03:46 AM

Winner

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Yeah, Fuzzy got it

Technique
11-11-2014, 05:33 AM
The Spurs also had Richard Jefferson for 2 years. If you take a look at the roster from 2008-2012 the supporting cast for the big 3 was uninspiring to say the least. During that stretch there were a few ill timed injuries that ruined things. The Spurs weren't motivated and their roster was not competing with the next generation super teams that was started by the celtics.

Parker has been a top 3 PG since his MVP in 07. Some spurs fans don't like the fact that he's loyal to his motherland france but the truth is Parker has transformed the spurs offense into the spaced out free flowing style it is today.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 05:58 AM
the day the spurs got their hands on kawhi, that was not enrique era or head of t he snake whatever you wanna call it, everybody knows that faggot was a fake ass puppet

11/12 kawhi let that puppet have the reigns for one more year
12/13 we all know what kawhi did and in the finals
13/14 the prophecy that said the child has come...

and fck enrique, that pos should be traded or sign to NYK in exile like that faggot napoleon

hater
11-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Parker was instrumental in spurs 4th quarter and scored the first 9 points.

Great thread :Lol

Brazil
11-11-2014, 07:53 AM
No offense to OP, I'm a big fan brah but dat thread is retarded (inb4 the butt hurt replies...)

I don't see in what word there was a Manu-led era tbh

Tim's peak form 99-06 ? based on what ? In 09-10 he was a 18/10 guy and was before a 20/10 and a 15-17 / 10 guy from 10-11. Tim dominated the 04-08 period, Spurs were never a Manu-led team.

The so called Enrique-led era is just Parker carrying a bit more the load in RS during two years spark 11-12 and 12-13, in 10-11 he had a ppg in line with carreer same in 13-14. So ya let's call a Enrique-led era a two years period for a secound round elimination and a trip to the finals losing the title for 28 seconds.

But yeah let's call that the weakest stretch of TDīs Spurs era :lol 2 >50 wins season and a trip to the finals

on a side note Spurs are still Duncan's team, Duncan was our best RS and POs player last season

Calispursfan11
11-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Tbh.

Raven
11-11-2014, 08:15 AM
:tu

baseline bum
11-11-2014, 08:15 AM

Malik Rose's corpse? Rose was one of the top reserves in the league until he signed that $40 million or so contract in 04. Those teams were weak because their small forwards were Chucky Brown, Jerome Kersey, and Danny Ferry, the point guard was Terry Porter, and the SG's were Anderson (worst defender I had ever seen in a Spurs uniform) and Smith (worse defender than Anderson). Walker was horrible, but Rose was awesome off the bench and made some huge contributions to the 03 title. E.g., he had a monster performance in a must win Game 2 of the WCF after getting beaten by Dsallas and knocked unconscious in Game 1. Rose was right there with Horry among the top reserves this team has ever had.

baseline bum
11-11-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm going to say the Roger Mason/Finley/Jefferson era was by far worse than the 99-02 era, because 99-02 the Spurs had prime Duncan and still productive Robinson.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Malik Rose's corpse? Rose was one of the top reserves in the league until he signed that $40 million or so contract in 04. Those teams were weak because their small forwards were Chucky Brown, Jerome Kersey, and Danny Ferry, the point guard was Terry Porter, and the SG's were Anderson (worst defender I had ever seen in a Spurs uniform) and Smith (worse defender than Anderson). Walker was horrible, but Rose was awesome off the bench and made some huge contributions to the 03 title. E.g., he had a monster performance in a must win Game 2 of the WCF after getting beaten by Dsallas and knocked unconscious in Game 1. Rose was right there with Horry among the top reserves this team has ever had.

Cannot argue that much. Rose was indeed clutch in 03. Otoh there was cherokee parks.

Trainwreck2100
11-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Holy shit guys, do you realize what is going on here.........a civil discussion.

Clipper Nation
11-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Even today Gino closes out games here or there, but this has been Tony's team for a while, tbh... well, at least until last year, we'll see what happens with Kawhi...
Nah, Duncan took back the alpha role (with help from Kawhi) in 2013, hence the Finals appearances and ring.

Clipper Nation
11-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Cannot argue that much. Rose was indeed clutch in 03. Otoh there was cherokee parks.
:lol I forgot Mark Cuban's stunt double was a Spur.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 10:44 AM
The Spurs also had Richard Jefferson for 2 years. If you take a look at the roster from 2008-2012 the supporting cast for the big 3 was uninspiring to say the least. During that stretch there were a few ill timed injuries that ruined things. The Spurs weren't motivated and their roster was not competing with the next generation super teams that was started by the celtics.

Parker has been a top 3 PG since his MVP in 07. Some spurs fans don't like the fact that he's loyal to his motherland france but the truth is Parker has transformed the spurs offense into the spaced out free flowing style it is today.

how much of it had to do with the system and enrique not being a pass first pg to get others involve?

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 11:07 AM
has he ever play on a t eam without the other 2? whether its in practice and shit

we all seen what he can do on the france NT, they dont even fkn need him

so this clown picks and chooses when either duncan is playin to coatride to wins...but when his out injured, sperms dont even need him...

lol top5 pg who plays no defense and always bailed out by backup in elimination games? damn nba lowering the bar for coatriders to be top5

Clipper Nation
11-11-2014, 11:15 AM
how much of it had to do with the system and enrique not being a pass first pg to get others involve?

Tbh, it's no coincidence that the Spurs' amazing ball movement in the playoffs last year happened while Enrique was injured and missing games :downspin:

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 12:06 PM
enrique on any other team, is he top5 or just another scrub?

jimbo
11-11-2014, 12:14 PM
No offense to OP, I'm a big fan brah but dat thread is retarded (inb4 the butt hurt replies...)

Tim's peak form 99-06 ? based on what ? In 09-10 he was a 18/10 guy and was before a 20/10 and a 15-17 / 10 guy from 10-11. Tim dominated the 04-08 period, Spurs were never a Manu-led team.

The so called Enrique-led era is just Parker carrying a bit more the load in RS during two years spark 11-12 and 12-13, in 10-11 he had a ppg in line with carreer same in 13-14. So ya let's call a Enrique-led era a two years period for a secound round elimination and a trip to the finals losing the title for 28 seconds.

But yeah let's call that the weakest stretch of TDīs Spurs era :lol 2 >50 wins season and a trip to the finals

on a side note Spurs are still Duncan's team, Duncan was our best RS and POs player last season

2010-11 was the only real Manu led year tbh. Manu's prime interlapped with Tim's for the most part, so he was never the best player on those teams. It wasn't until Tim going full TOSB in 2010 that Manu could take over. Tony led the team in PPG but only barely, he took it over at the end when Manu was fucking up.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 12:21 PM
ENRIQUE era ended the day the spurs got kawhi

every now and then u will see enrique hero, just like that turd napoleon who didnt disappear for good when his reign was over, always scheming for his return...

DAF86
11-11-2014, 12:29 PM

Manu was the man from '08 to '11 getting MVP votes and things like that. And that era was by far the worst possible time to be the man of this team having to carry the corpses of Keith Bogans, Roger Mason jr, Ime Udoka, Michael Finley, Fabricio Oberto, the one that shall not be named, etc.

That was the worst stint of the "Big three" era and Manu was "the guy" therefore the Manu led era was the worst although that had a lot more to do with the crap that was around the big three than with Manu being "the leader", carrying that awful cast to 50+ wins every year was a huge accomplishment in itself, imho.

Mikeanaro
11-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Yes it was, a bad combination between heroballing and weak players made the TP era the weakest, things would have been better if he just played like last season Finals (PG).
All that talking about ĻI know that now its my turn to run the team Im only 27Ļ fucked up the Spurs but a black baby with cornrows was in the making.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 12:50 PM
LAST 3 years has all been kawhi, not enrique

b4 kawhi, eenrique led team to nothin

just because he is on a team with kawhi doesnt mean its his team

lol gettin mvp votes in the last 3 years dont mean shit, when every other front runner was injured or havin a off year...

Infinite_limit
11-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Odd comparison

Parker in Parker's Era > Ginobili in Ginobili's Era

The pieces around Parker have been much older. Duncan looked finished a couple years ago. Ginobili looked finished in the Finals two years ago. Parker held it all together.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Odd comparison

Parker in Parker's Era > Ginobili in Ginobili's Era

The pieces around Parker have been much older. Duncan looked finished a couple years ago. Ginobili looked finished in the Finals last year. Parker held it all together.

the pieces around ginoboli....they only get to shoot when that other ballhog decides to pass it to them or else its the same usual possession from him, floater or brick

ElNono
11-11-2014, 01:15 PM

Fair points. It's undeniable that by 2010 both Tim and Gino have lost a step, tbh... I think Pop looked in 2011 to see if either would have a bounce-back year, but it didn't happen.

Looking back, the Kawhi trade was a desperate response to that and the fact that Enrique alone wasn't enough to contend (as he succinctly put it), IMO.

You gotta give props to the FO though, they heard Enrique's request for help and got right into it.

Andre Bell
11-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Looking back, the Kawhi trade was a desperate response to that and the fact that Enrique alone wasn't enough to contend (as he succinctly put it), IMO.

The Leonard trade was also about not overpaying scrub-ass George Hill a new long term contract. Indiana has to be really regretting that shit.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 01:17 PM
The pieces around Parker have been much older.

Kawhi, Danny Green, Splitter, Hill, Blair are the youngest pieces we've had in a long ass time... I know you stopped following the NBA when Rose blew up his knee, so you're excused...

ElNono
11-11-2014, 01:24 PM

This is another fair point... RJ, Bogans, RMJ... all garbage, tbh

Brazil
11-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Manu was the man from '08 to '11 getting MVP votes and things like that. And that era was by far the worst possible time to be the man of this team having to carry the corpses of Keith Bogans, Roger Mason jr, Ime Udoka, Michael Finley, Fabricio Oberto, the one that shall not be named, etc.

That was the worst stint of the "Big three" era and Manu was "the guy" therefore the Manu led era was the worst although that had a lot more to do with the crap that was around the big three than with Manu being "the leader", carrying that awful cast to 50+ wins every year was a huge accomplishment in itself, imho.

What I'm questionning is the idea of Manu-led team concept... even at his peak, Duncan was leading the Spurs... look at it that way in Tim 08-09 and 09-10 put roughly same numbers than Tim 04-05 / 05-06 with roughly same mpg.

Manu's peak was astounishing and I'm among those who are saying that Manu's peak >> TP's peak but Manu never led the Spurs under Tim era. Parker led it a bit during two years of RS.

13-14 is really a team effort, everybody contributed like the old piston team. I'd give Tim the MVP of last season even though he is far from his career stat on both RS and POs but could go to Manu or Kawhi or even Green (I'm stretching here but you see the point)...

Brazil
11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Fair points. It's undeniable that by 2010 both Tim and Gino have lost a step, tbh... I think Pop looked in 2011 to see if either would have a bounce-back year, but it didn't happen.

You gotta give props to the FO though, they heard Enrique's request for help and got right into it.

IMO there is nothing desperate on Kawhi's trade, Spurs FO had in mind for a long time Spurs weakness at SF spot... They tried to correct it with Dick but that was obviously a big failure but idea was there... they went after just that. George was a nice piece but his skillset is not that complicated to find... now a guy with big hands playing SF capable to defend the LBJ and KD...

For the rest in 11, Parker was right to say Spurs with Dick and co were done being contenders... not a lot of people was thinking FO was capable to put together a team capable to pull this out tbh

and Duncan deserves a lot of praise... what he has done at 38 y/o is fucking nuts... leading a championship team in mpg, blks, rebounds, second best scorer etc while anchoring the defense... are you kiddin' me ?

DAF86
11-11-2014, 01:45 PM
What I'm questionning is the idea of Manu-led team concept... even at his peak, Duncan was leading the Spurs... look at it that way in Tim 08-09 and 09-10 put roughly same numbers than Tim 04-05 / 05-06 with roughly same mpg.

Manu's peak was astounishing and I'm among those who are saying that Manu's peak >> TP's peak but Manu never led the Spurs under Tim era. Parker led it a bit during two years of RS.

13-14 is really a team effort, everybody contributed like the old piston team. I'd give Tim the MVP of last season even though he is far from his career stat on both RS and POs but could go to Manu or Kawhi or even Green (I'm stretching here but you see the point)...

Manu was the number one option in '08, in '09 he got injured, in '10 Manu was the man coming into the playoffs again (if I remember correctly Tony had to come off the bench at the start of the playoffs) and in '11 he was still the go to guy when we got eliminated against Memphis in the first round.

Brazil
11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
This is another fair point... RJ, Bogans, RMJ... all garbage, tbh

Bogans is for me the worst Spurs player with significant mpg of the last 10 years... fucking awful, totally garbage... RMJ, Bonner, Dick >>> Bogans...

centerpiece ! :lol

DarrinS
11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
:cry Leave Tony Alone! :cry

You try dribbling all over the place and falling down like 30 times per game!

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE TONY ALONE!..Please

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120512001906/victorious/images/d/de/LEAVE_BRITNEY_ALONE%21_gif.gif

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Lol Brazil deflecting

Where was Enrique last 3 years in the playoffs?
Where was he h2h against top pg last 3 years?
Lol struggling against every wingman scoring on him cause he plays no defence

Brazil
11-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Manu was the number one option in '08, in '09 he got injured, in '10 Manu was the man coming into the playoffs again (if I remember correctly Tony had to come off the bench at the start of the playoffs) and in '11 he was still the go to guy when we got eliminated against Memphis in the first round.

In 08-09, Manu has been injured half of the year

In 09-10, Tim was still a 18 / 10 guy and offense was mostly going through him still

In 10-11 is a toss up between Tony and Manu imho but why not there... so Manu "led" the Spurs one year... again nothing to characterize an era of anything... Parker led-Spurs is 2 years...

It was / is Tim's team, Tony and Manu took over a bit from 2010, time for the young guy Kawhi to set up a new long era

Brazil
11-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Lol Brazil deflecting

Where was Enrique last 3 years in the playoffs?
Where was he h2h against top pg last 3 years?
Lol struggling against every wingman scoring on him cause he plays no defence

read the posts faggot... you will see I'm not deflecting anything

DAF86
11-11-2014, 02:05 PM
In 08-09, Manu has been injured half of the year

In 09-10, Tim was still a 18 / 10 guy and offense was mostly going through him still

In 10-11 is a toss up between Tony and Manu imho but why not there... so Manu "led" the Spurs one year... again nothing to characterize an era of anything... Parker led-Spurs is 2 years...

It was / is Tim's team, Tony and Manu took over a bit from 2010, time for the young guy Kawhi to set up a new long era

From '08 to '11 Manu was clearly the number one option on offense when playoffs time came around except '09 when he got injured.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 02:09 PM
10/11 Gino broke hand 4 Enrique to show what he can do,

Lol outplayed by 3 scrubs in a sweep

Brazil
11-11-2014, 02:14 PM
From '08 to '11 Manu was clearly the number one option on offense when playoffs time came around except '09 when he got injured.

during that span he never led the team in FGAs neither in apg or usage %

but whatever this does not change the whole picture, he led one or two years, parker one or two years... at the end there is no manu or tp era per say so for me the premises of the thread is wrong.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM
For the rest in 11, Parker was right to say Spurs with Dick and co were done being contenders... not a lot of people was thinking FO was capable to put together a team capable to pull this out tbh

:lol why are you trying to spin what he said?...

"We have to be realistic. It was kind of our last chance this season because Tim (Duncan) and (Manu) Ginobili are getting older," Parker said.

It's ok, he threw his teammates under the bus, but we already knew he's a terrible teammate, tbh. No big deal.

And yeah, the Kawhi's trade had desperate written all over it. They basically traded Pop's favorite player at the time for a complete unknown. It's the only time in the TD era I remember the Spurs trading up on the draft.

Brazil
11-11-2014, 02:56 PM
:lol why are you trying to spin what he said?...

"We have to be realistic. It was kind of our last chance this season because Tim (Duncan) and (Manu) Ginobili are getting older," Parker said.

It's ok, he threw his teammates under the bus, but we already knew he's a terrible teammate, tbh. No big deal.

And yeah, the Kawhi's trade had desperate written all over it. They basically traded Pop's favorite player at the time for a complete unknown. It's the only time in the TD era I remember the Spurs trading up on the draft.

I'm not spinning anything
:lol at your terrible's teammate

Facts have been proving him wrong like many others tbh... Tim production took a big hit at that time, maybe you are one of the few that predicted not only Duncan would stop the bleeding at 34-35 y/o but would be better at 38 y/o playing more minutes... Nonostradamus... You also obviously predicted that without tanking for a first round draft and by trading George freaking Hill a PG averaging 2 apg, Spurs would get a FMVP playing at LBJ level in his second year during a nba finals... kuddos tbh...

Now if your point is saying he should have shut up yeah I agree 100%, he should have shut up... this does not make him a terrible teammate saying Tim and Manu are getting older. Fucking Barry's wife that was being a terrible teammate. All in all during all these years, if Parker was that terrible he would not have survived under Pop and Tim management (exibit a being Steph Jackson throwing your Manu under the bus).

Brazil
11-11-2014, 02:59 PM
And I disagree on the notion of desperate move... Spurs were looking for a SF for a long time, filling this need was obviously priority number one, it failed with Dick and went great with Kawhi.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Facts have been proving him wrong like many others tbh... Tim production took a big hit at that time, maybe you are one of the few that predicted not only Duncan would stop the bleeding at 34-35 y/o but would be better at 38 y/o playing more minutes... Nonostradamus... You also obviously predicted that without tanking for a first round draft and by trading George freaking Hill a PG averaging 2 apg, Spurs would get a FMVP playing at LBJ level in his second year during a nba finals... kuddos tbh...

Ya, he missed the mark completely on that one, no need to make up stuff about RJ, tbh... not everyone can be Nonostradamus, tbh, it's understandable...

Now if your point is saying he should have shut up yeah I agree 100%, he should have shut up... this does not make him a terrible teammate saying Tim and Manu are getting older. Fucking Barry's wife that was being a terrible teammate. All in all during all these years, if Parker was that terrible he would not have survived under Pop and Tim management (exibit a being Steph Jackson throwing your Manu under the bus).

:lol at your terrible's teammate

:lol I'm calling a spade a spade, tbh... there shouldn't be any shame or surprise about it after what he did to Brent... I don't think that's a negative on Tony either, a lot of NBA players have pussy on the side, tbh...

Spurs 4 The Win
11-11-2014, 03:11 PM
To clarify the stupidity I am reading, this team was led by Tim Duncan without question through 2007, the team was built around him, not Manu. In 2008-2009, It was more of a Parker/Duncan mix. In 2010, Manu started to emerge as a viable first option with Duncan's decline and was the first option in 2011. Then it was/ and still is Parker 2012-2014. Its not a knock against Manu that he was only the first option for a season, its just hard to do when you are a sixth man, and shows how unselfish and great he really is.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:11 PM
And I disagree on the notion of desperate move... Spurs were looking for a SF for a long time, filling this need was obviously priority number one, it failed with Dick and went great with Kawhi.

desperatePERIOD. Again, first time I recall the Spurs trading up in the draft, handing out a known player Pop loved for an unknown...

I'm just hoping now that Kawhi has proven his worth, the terrible teammate doesn't alienate him, tbh...

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Ya, he missed the mark completely on that one, no need to make up stuff about RJ, tbh... not everyone can be Nonostradamus, tbh, it's understandable...

:lol I'm calling a spade a spade, tbh... there shouldn't be any shame or surprise about it after what he did to Brent... I don't think that's a negative on Tony either, a lot of NBA players have pussy on the side, tbh...

:lol your terrible teammate was directed to the quote about being done and my :lol was directed to that... not only you are nonostradamus but you are also a cat always falling on your feet...
:lol you cannot say I'm not helping you to get it right... if you go on the terrible teammate road, use the Barry's wife incident indeed

most nba players I'm sure too have pussies on the side, they are not just dumb enough to not erase freaking sms or fucking a teammate's wife... well some are worst and fuck teammate's mothers to be fair to Parker... :lol

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
desperatePERIOD. Again, first time I recall the Spurs trading up in the draft, handing out a known player Pop loved for an unknown...

I'm just hoping now that Kawhi has proven his worth, the terrible teammate doesn't alienate him, tbh...

BTW hats off brah

you went fishing and declaring it in the OP "this is clearly a very emotional subject for certain Spursfans, so I'm gonna keep it here." but and you have to recognize it your bait was done quite poorly with this story about Parker era from 2008 that did not exist and yet because I'm dumb as fuck you got what you paid for :lol

hats off even though you are not doing anything special I'm doing it really to myself :lol

still good job, I need to step up my game

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:20 PM
To clarify the stupidity I am reading, this team was led by Tim Duncan without question through 2007, the team was built around him, not Manu. In 2008-2009, It was more of a Parker/Duncan mix. In 2010, Manu started to emerge as a viable first option with Duncan's decline and was the first option in 2011. Then it was/ and still is Parker 2012-2014. Its not a knock against Manu that he was only the first option for a season, its just hard to do when you are a sixth man, and shows how unselfish and great he really is.

shhh don't fitting OP agenda, keep it quiet

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:25 PM
:lol your terrible teammate was directed to the quote about being done and my :lol was directed to that... not only you are nonostradamus but you are also a cat always falling on your feet...
:lol you cannot say I'm not helping you to get it right... if you go on the terrible teammate road, use the Barry's wife incident indeed

most nba players I'm sure too have pussies on the side, they are not just dumb enough to not erase freaking sms or fucking a teammate's wife... well some are worst and fuck teammate's mothers to be fair to Parker... :lol

ElNono said:

You're just figuring out I was talking about the Barry incident? Maybe I need to spell things out for you, tbh... :lol

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Nonostradamus spot on again with the very emotional subject call...

Luckily we were able to have a non-biased, non-emotional conversation on the subject in the 1st page, tbh... :tu

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Nonostradamus spot on again with the very emotional subject call...

Luckily we were able to have a non-biased, non-emotional conversation on the subject in the 1st page, tbh... :tu

:lol call it a day tbh

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:32 PM
apologize if feelings were hurt during the course of this thread, tbh... it was just a retrospective on the Spurs... nothing personal, tbh

jeebus
11-11-2014, 04:03 PM
TP's reign of terror is worse than the 4 games Antonio Daniels was the starting pg. Charlie Ward > Parker. Avery Johnson on the Nuggets > Parker. Van Exel > Parker. Speedy Claxton today > Parker.

Sean Cagney
11-11-2014, 04:26 PM

We had CHEROKEE PARKS getting mins for Gods sakes in the 02 playoffs :lol. That team Tim lead to the 58 wins that year was pretty damn bad! I use that anytime any LA fan says Tim always had a team around him, well that was a patched together team with a 36 year old Broken down Robinson and they won 58 games that year and gave LA trouble in round two. You tell me Tim was not the true MVP in 02 and I would laugh at you.