PDA

View Full Version : Bowen recalls stories of Reggie Miller, MJ, Capt Jack and Phil Jackson on ESPN radio

spursparker9
11-11-2014, 04:33 AM
For all his combativeness, Bruce Bowen was usually one to keep his mouth shut on the basketball court. That wasn’t the case with everyone he played with and against. The former Spurs defensive ace took to ESPN Radio on Monday, starting at about the 22-minute mark of the embedded link, to recount some of his favorite episodes involving Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Stephen Jackson and Phil Jackson.

Miller –

He took a liking to me for whatever reason. But I left him a little too much; I guess he felt like I disrespected him. This is the power of Reggie and his trash talking. He said, “Bruce, you going to leave me like that again?” I thought about it like, “No, I’m sorry Reggie, what was I thinking about?” Some guys are quiet as a church mouse when things aren’t going well. Reggie talked even when things weren’t well for him. Same thing with GP (Gary Payton). They just seemed to have a method. They were really trying to get into your head.

Jordan –

I learned what not to do, being around Antoine (Walker), because he would just talk so much. And they took it out on me. I remember one time he was talking to Michael Jordan. I was guarding Michael, and we happened to beat them on Halloween. MJ says, “The only reason y’all won is because we’re out of shape.” I’m like, “Wow.” You like to think it was because of your talent. But he was right. They treated us like stepchildren in the next three games, and it was all because of Antoine Walker’s trash talking.

Read capt jack and phil jackson on http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/11/10/bowen-talks-trash-on-espn-radio/

:lol Antoine Walker that idiot

scanry
11-11-2014, 04:51 AM
Wasn't that the series against Miami in 97? I remember Zo punking Pippen in that series and MJ went sociopath mode the rest of that series.

scanry
11-11-2014, 04:53 AM
Just hope Phil gets taken to the wood shed in NY. Prick deserves it tbh

spursparker9
11-11-2014, 05:03 AM
Just hope Phil gets taken to the wood shed in NY. Prick deserves it tbh

:lol

wildbill2u
11-11-2014, 08:36 PM
He was on ESPN cable today talking about the great relationship between SA and the Spurs but I missed most of it.

lefty
11-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Didn't know Phil talked so much trash lol

MI21
11-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Didn't know Phil talked so much trash lol

How can you not? He used to do it in the press all the time. Such a faggot, tbh

lefty
11-11-2014, 11:50 PM
How can you not? He used to do it in the press all the time. Such a faggot, tbh

In the press I know, but not to players like it's described in the article

Tuddy
11-12-2014, 12:24 AM
I think Phil meant Kobe was going for 60 shots rather than points.

spursparker9
11-12-2014, 12:53 AM

:lmao

heyheymymy
11-12-2014, 02:28 AM
:bobo

xmas1997
11-12-2014, 07:49 AM
No, Phil Jackson has always been a fraud hiding behind his zen schtick.