PDA

View Full Version : Do they even teach American history anymore?

DarrinS
11-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Yikes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRZZpk_9k8E

Trainwreck2100
11-12-2014, 09:28 AM
smart kids don't volunteer to get their faces plastered on camera. The only one with a science major is the one that got it right

RandomGuy
11-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Yikes!

Yikes.

Spurminator
11-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Well, it is a Texas school. They probably had to cut it from the curriculum for lack of funds.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Yikes!

So says the guy with an engineering degree yet is incapable of talking intelligently about harmonic analysis or systems design. I've seen your capacity in the models debate.

You have to work to keep what you learned. Most people do not do that. In fact people like myself who do are ridiculed for trying to be smart.

RandomGuy
11-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Well, it is a Texas school. They probably had to cut it from the curriculum for lack of funds.

oh SNAP!

Aztecfan03
11-12-2014, 07:42 PM
smart kids don't volunteer to get their faces plastered on camera. The only one with a science major is the one that got it right

There was at least one other person in the sciences. 3-4 if you count psychology as a science.

Aztecfan03
11-12-2014, 07:44 PM
There were more people at the end that they didn't show in the first few questions and they probably got those questions right.

DarrinS
11-12-2014, 07:45 PM
So says the guy with an engineering degree yet is incapable of talking intelligently about harmonic analysis or systems design. I've seen your capacity in the models debate.

You have to work to keep what you learned. Most people do not do that. In fact people like myself who do are ridiculed for trying to be smart.

Lol, petty insults
Lol, stalker alert
Lol, trying to be smart

Keep trying

angrydude
11-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one learned in school.

-Albert Einstein.

baseline bum
11-12-2014, 08:21 PM
There was at least one other person in the sciences. 3-4 if you count psychology as a science.

Might as well consider hotel management or criminal justice as a science then tbh.

baseline bum
11-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one learned in school.

-Albert Einstein.

It's true; education isn't about remembering every formula you derived, but instead getting experience in approaching complicated problems.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Lol, petty insults
Lol, stalker alert
Lol, trying to be smart

Keep trying

I post here most every day. You coming to the same forum as do I is not stalking. I hold you in contempt. There is a difference.

I don't think what I said was petty. I didn't just say that you were dumb. I said that you have an engineering degree yet you cannot discuss topics you would have had to have studied to get said degree. That speaks directly to your capacity and acumen.

DarrinS
11-12-2014, 09:47 PM
I post here most every day. You coming to the same forum as do I is not stalking. I hold you in contempt. There is a difference.

I don't think what I said was petty. I didn't just say that you were dumb. I said that you have an engineering degree yet you cannot discuss topics you would have had to have studied to get said degree. That speaks directly to your capacity and acumen.

There aren't really any engineering-related topics discussed on this forum, so how would you know? I don't count climate change hysteria as an engineering topic.

DarrinS
11-12-2014, 09:49 PM
For the record, Fuzzy, I would never hire you.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2014, 11:11 PM
There aren't really any engineering-related topics discussed on this forum, so how would you know? I don't count climate change hysteria as an engineering topic.

That you do not see relationship in how climate models are generated and system's analysis then that speaks directly to what I am talking about. Or is systems analysis not a topic in UTSA's engineering program?

You didn't grasp it then and you don't grasp it now. It is what it is.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2014, 11:13 PM
For the record, Fuzzy, I would never hire you.

That goes without saying. You were talking of petty insults before. . .

benstanfield
11-13-2014, 01:27 AM
smart kids don't go to Texas Tech

FTFY. Even the people who made the video were idiots. When the guy said America won the Civil War he was 100% correct

DarrinS
11-13-2014, 08:49 AM
That you do not see relationship in how climate models are generated and system's analysis then that speaks directly to what I am talking about. Or is systems analysis not a topic in UTSA's engineering program?

You didn't grasp it then and you don't grasp it now. It is what it is.

Ooh, a UTSA dig. I'm wounded.

It doesn't take a degree to understand that when models don't agree with observation, something is wrong with the models. That's just basic science.

And me not hiring you isn't an insult. I just don't hire people who would seem to be difficult to work with. The same way Pop doesn't keep difficult players on the roster.

boutons_deux
11-13-2014, 09:49 AM
when models don't agree with observation, something is wrong with the models. That's just basic science.

:lol

When a couple percent scientists whored out to BigCarbon don't agree with 97% of scientists and the tons of data supporting their models, that just basic BigCarbon johns paying their whores.

boutons_deux
11-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Pop has said he can work with players who aren't Boy Scouts, but that's more DATA ignored, denied by Darrin.

DarrinS
11-13-2014, 10:17 AM
:lol

When a couple percent scientists whored out to BigCarbon don't agree with 97% of scientists and the tons of data supporting their models, that just basic BigCarbon johns paying their whores.

:lol boutons

FuzzyLumpkins
11-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Ooh, a UTSA dig. I'm wounded.

It doesn't take a degree to understand that when models don't agree with observation, something is wrong with the models. That's just basic science.

And me not hiring you isn't an insult. I just don't hire people who would seem to be difficult to work with. The same way Pop doesn't keep difficult players on the roster.

That wasn't a dig. I am not sure what UTSA does or does not teach as requirements for their engineering degree.

As for the models what you are describing is your UAH discrepancies which we have discussed. You cherry pick data to compare with and wave your hands frantically when it does not match. Remember the discussing of land/sea vs sea vs land data sets when comparing?

I was describing systems analysis or in this case more the apt systems design as they try to reverse engineer the earths climate. I have tried to talk to you about it on that level as the permute the various forcings. You have not the slightest clue.

And ffs what do mutually exclusive mean? I said that goes without saying. If someone made you a manager then that is hilarious but if that is the case then of course you shouldn't hire me. I have zero respect for you and that is not good for a work environment. That does not preclude it from also being an insult and a petty one at that. I would never work for you. I know you are not qualified to work with us so I am comfortable where I am at.

DarrinS
11-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Just hope they don't test your pee pee where you work. :lmao