PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy

Man Sauce
08-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Coming to Brooks city base. Just saw it this afternoon on the billboard.

Zombie
08-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Coming to Brooks city base. Just saw it this afternoon on the billboard.
I saw that yesterday. all I could say was hell yeah, now i'm gonna be broke.
I hope it's open before Christmas. :smokin

MiNuS
08-27-2005, 11:15 PM
I have spent hours there.I actually lose track of time and space.

Best damn store period!

ZStomp
08-27-2005, 11:39 PM
WTF

BuddyHolly...I mean The Writer....I mean BadlyBrawnBoy didn't beat you to it!

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 12:52 AM
I have been to the Best Buy across from the North Star Mall :smokin. I met Malik in there too.

AlamoSpursFan
08-28-2005, 01:10 AM
This is old news and the best damn store period is CABELA'S.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Best Buy sucks donkey balls.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 01:27 AM
Best Buy sucks donkey balls.
Not really

Zombie
08-28-2005, 01:27 AM
This is old news and the best damn store period is CABELA'S.
Dude, you know thats not a whore house, right. Cabela is not a maddam. If you are into doing fish and deer, that is a place for you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Not really

Okay, what's good about them? I used to work there while I was still in college.

Let's see... you've got the whole bait and switch thing (advertising a special, only having 5 in stock, then trying to talk everyone into upgrades).

You've got the post-Thanksgiving sales on computers/laptops where they force shoppers to go with the Geek Squad Anti-Virus installations and software buys in order to get the deal.

They don't honor coupons that they send to customers through email, and the moment you threaten to call the BBB, or mention the magical word 'fraud', they throw you out of the story like you got caught shoplifting.

They pay their salespeople jack shit, while the managers make phat commission off of bullshit warranty sales, and threaten said salespeople with a reduction in hours unless they shill the extended warranties and accessories marked up 3000%.

Like I said, the place sucks donkey balls. Show me something you want at WorstBuy, and I'll find it for you cheaper.

Take for example cables. Go to Altex and you can pick up a printer cable for $8. Meanwhile at BB it costs $35, and for employees the cost (they get cost + 10% on everything) of said cable was $1.65. Total rip of Joe Public.

I could go on and on, that place blows. Period.

Zombie
08-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Okay, what's good about them? I used to work there while I was still in college.

Let's see... you've got the whole bait and switch thing (advertising a special, only having 5 in stock, then trying to talk everyone into upgrades).

You've got the post-Thanksgiving sales on computers/laptops where they force shoppers to go with the Geek Squad Anti-Virus installations and software buys in order to get the deal.

They don't honor coupons that they send to customers through email, and the moment you threaten to call the BBB, or mention the magical word 'fraud', they throw you out of the story like you got caught shoplifting.

They pay their salespeople jack shit, while the managers make phat commission off of bullshit warranty sales, and threaten said salespeople with a reduction in hours unless they shill the extended warranties and accessories marked up 3000%.

Like I said, the place sucks donkey balls. Show me something you want at WorstBuy, and I'll find it for you cheaper.

Take for example cables. Go to Altex and you can pick up a printer cable for $8. Meanwhile at BB it costs $35, and for employees the cost (they get cost + 10% on everything) of said cable was $1.65. Total rip of Joe Public.

I don't go for the specials. We go for big ticket items like Tv's and puters.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 01:41 AM
:lol I have just bout some cds there. I also met Malik there buying some cds.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 02:02 AM
We go for big ticket items like Tv's and puters.

Ah yes, the computers with all their rebates that you could get for their after-rebate price on the web through reputable dealers without waiting on the rebates they try and stiff you on :lol

TVs? I guess it depends what you're looking for, the only times they make sense IMO is if you can get the two years no interest financing.

SpursWoman
08-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Ah yes, the computers with all their rebates that you could get for their after-rebate price on the web through reputable dealers without waiting on the rebates they try and stiff you on :lol

I don't even waste my time figuring in any bargains from rebates. I've been waiting 3 months for a rebate from a router I bought, haven't got it. When I bought my laptop...didn't get it. When I bought my PC there were 3 I was supposed to get but all I managed to get was some weird-assed excuse on why I didn't qualify for them after all.

:fro

Sportcamper
08-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Best Buy is a retail store that has the newest electronics, TV’s, DVD players, home theaters, digital cameras, camcorders, (Not last years models)...As well a huge selection of DVD’s, CD’s Games, office products, home appliances etc....They have a fair return policy...I am sure one can argue that Costco or Sears has a better one...I spend a lot of money at Best Buy every year...

The person who only wants the rock bottom price, even if that means getting last years model, should not shop at Best Buy...They would be happier at a swap meet or one of the many discount stores that open & fold every year...

I am familiar with the employee pricing plan & I was just given an opportunity (to make a one time purchase at employee cost).... (A $35.00 cable does not cost Best Buy $1.65)... That is a Great Story though... :lol

The employee discount is predicated on what Best Buy pays for the product...A Sony HD TV that I was looking at had a very minimal discount at the employee pricing plan due to the fact that Best Buy’s bulk price on those units was quite high....

davi78239
08-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow! Finally, that side of town gets something of that stature. Now, they need one on I-10 and 1604 or on the southside.

Duff McCartney
08-28-2005, 10:57 AM

Manny is that you?

ChumpDumper
08-28-2005, 11:11 AM
If San Antoino gets a Fry's, I might move back.

davi78239
08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Fry's, they are in what part of the country? What about those GoodGuys electronic stores?

ChumpDumper
08-28-2005, 11:21 AM
There are Fry's stores in Austin, Houston and DFW as well as points futher west out to Cali -- it will make you forget all about Best Buy.

j-6
08-28-2005, 11:23 AM

:tu

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/

SequSpur
08-28-2005, 11:56 AM
AHF is right on the money. My daughter works there and let me tell IPOD shit is marked up so high, it's ridiculous. Employee discount on IPOD items is insane, almost like your getting the shit from a dollar store.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 12:05 PM
They have a fair return policy...I am sure one can argue that Costco or Sears has a better one...I spend a lot of money at Best Buy every year...

Costco has a lifetime warranty on their products, and you don't have to pay the BB extortion fee to get it. Yes, that's right - you could go to Costco, buy a tv, take it back in five years, no worries.

So yeah, I'd say they're better.

I am familiar with the employee pricing plan & I was just given an opportunity (to make a one time purchase at employee cost).... (A $35.00 cable does not cost Best Buy $1.65)... That is a Great Story though...

I don't know if I even kept the receipts because they were so cheap, but you're wrong.

Employee pricing is cost + 10%. Yes, there is not a ton of mark up on some TVs, and most computers only have a market up of $100-200.

That's what you get for looking at an over-priced Sony. For example, Samsung flat screens have about a $300-400 markup, depending on the model, as do other flat screen displays. It's why they will bargain with you on the warranty rip off - because they can knock $200 off the tv, still make a profit on that, and get you to spend $500 on a warranty that industry insurance experts statistically say will be utilized 1.2% of the time.

The most profitable aisle in Best Buy is the printer aisle. Why? That paper that costs you $5 costs $1. The cables that you pay $30, $35, $40 for (depending on length) cost $1-$2. Call bullshit if you want, it's the truth.

The inks? HP inks are marked up 250%. Canon inks - 100%. Lexmarks (the most expensive) are marked up 150%. Same with all the manufacturer's speciality papers (photos, etc.).

Like home theater? Monster cables.... total rip. If you want premium cables, go to Altex and pick them up for much cheaper. As an example, premium 10' RGB video cables at Altex...$9.95. Monster cables (same guts)...$99.95. Best Buy cost: $30.

I worked there for 8 months while I finished up school, and used my discount extensively. You don't think things are significantly marked up? When I quit working there I had spend approximately $2600 for myself and family. The retail on everything I bought (what you would pay had you gone in to by it as joe public): $5400.

If you want printer inks, get them online - some place like eink4u.com. Cables, go to Altex (www.altex.com). Don't give away your money to BB.

SpursWoman - call BB's rebate hotline and start raising hell about your rebates. They're teetering on the brink of a class action lawsuit right now over their rebates. Start mentioning that if you're getting nowhere and you'll get your money back.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Damn, couldn't find my cable receipts. here's some other examples of the markup though (BB makes all their money on accessories and warranties)...

Xbox wireless controller. retail $39.99, employee: $19.16
Leather notebook case. retail $49.99, employee 12.86
Laptop chill pad (goes underneath your laptop, has 2 fans). retail $49.99. employee 23.63.
Secure Digital 512 MB memory card. retail 79.99, employee 51.88.
Secure Digital 1 GB card. retail $119. employee $74.06.
Thermal sensing cooling fan. retail $19.99, employee $2.45.
Tivo. retail $199.99, employee $99.99
Toshiba DVD player. retail $179.99, employee $132.46

Damn, I wish I still had the cable receipts so I could scan and post for you, before I left I bought 2 firewire and USB cables each for myself and my parents, brothers, and sisters. I bought a total of 20 cables and it cost me less than $40.

The best margin for Best Buy in computers are any of the in-house brands (i.e., Dynex, Geek Squad), home theaters it's the Monster cables (Monster Corp. is owned by BB), that's about all I know or cared about (worked in computers, and had some friends in home theater).

Tres_Till_it_MHz
08-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Phuck BestBuy and their "camera cleaning" crew. I took in a camcorder for a cleaning and got it back with a damn finger print on the interior lense. NO shit this was done on purpose. Looked like someone just finished eating Macdonalds fries then said "here you go fucker" then reassembled everything. They would not give me back my money and offered to redo it again...WTF okay I'll leave my camera for another 30 days, yeah right. Fuck you BB!!

If I find something I want and best buy has it I'll mess it there then order it online from Newegg or other online retailer.

duncan_21
08-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Monster is evil as well but that's for another thread. The only time I shop at best buy is when they have something that is ~10% higher then what I can get online.

I thought it was funny when I bought a $240 cheap 32" Sansui tv and they wanted to sell me a warranty for it. I can't remember the price of the warranty but I believe it was $100. Give me a break.

Here are some things I purchased online and at best buy and here are the price differences:

1. logitech mx1000 mouse bb $85 newegg $45 ar
2. jbl e100s pair bb $850 bhphoto $470
3. kvm switch bb $35 newegg $7
4. usb cable bb $12 samsclub $10 for 3

I did get a good deal on a pioneer 1014 that was on clearance for $320. It retailed for about $500 new.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Phuck BestBuy and their "camera cleaning" crew. I took in a camcorder for a cleaning and got it back with a damn finger print on the interior lense. NO shit this was done on purpose. Looked like someone just finished eating Macdonalds fries then said "here you go fucker" then reassembled everything. They would not give me back my money and offered to redo it again

You should call corporate, you can get a refund out of them for that (1-888-Best-Buy).

That's bullshit.

Sportcamper
08-28-2005, 01:01 PM
I have a friend that works for Audi & he can get one of those A-4’s for like 600 dollars.... :smokin

SequSpur
08-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I have a friend that works for Audi & he can get one of those A-4’s for like 600 dollars.... :smokin

your ass

Shelly
08-28-2005, 01:13 PM

Well, that's a hell of a lot cheaper then what we got our S4 for :lol

Sportcamper
08-28-2005, 01:20 PM
My friend works for Audi and let me tell you...Audi stuff is marked up so high, it's ridiculous... Employee discount on cars is just insane, almost like your getting that crap from a dollar store...

They pay their salespeople jack... while the managers make phat commission off of B.S. warranty sales, and threaten said salespeople with a reduction in hours unless they shill the extended warranties and accessories marked up 3000%... :smokin

missmyzte
08-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Damn, couldn't find my cable receipts. here's some other examples of the markup though (BB makes all their money on accessories and warranties)...

Xbox wireless controller. retail $39.99, employee: $19.16
Leather notebook case. retail $49.99, employee 12.86
Laptop chill pad (goes underneath your laptop, has 2 fans). retail $49.99. employee 23.63.
Secure Digital 512 MB memory card. retail 79.99, employee 51.88.
Secure Digital 1 GB card. retail $119. employee $74.06.
Thermal sensing cooling fan. retail $19.99, employee $2.45.
Tivo. retail $199.99, employee $99.99
Toshiba DVD player. retail $179.99, employee $132.46

Damn, I wish I still had the cable receipts so I could scan and post for you, before I left I bought 2 firewire and USB cables each for myself and my parents, brothers, and sisters. I bought a total of 20 cables and it cost me less than $40.

The best margin for Best Buy in computers are any of the in-house brands (i.e., Dynex, Geek Squad), home theaters it's the Monster cables (Monster Corp. is owned by BB), that's about all I know or cared about (worked in computers, and had some friends in home theater).

Where did you get those employee prices from?

Shelly
08-28-2005, 01:27 PM
My friend works for Audi and let me tell you...Audi stuff is marked up so high, it's ridiculous... Employee discount on cars is just insane, almost like your getting that crap from a dollar store...

They pay their salespeople jack... while the managers make phat commission off of B.S. warranty sales, and threaten said salespeople with a reduction in hours unless they shill the extended warranties and accessories marked up 3000%... :smokin

It isn't like that here, at least for us. We've never been pushed to buy anything extra. Of course, we've been loyal customers so that may have something to do with it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2005, 01:38 PM

A lot of that sounds right. Employees can scan any item and have it come up with both prices.

When I worked at BB, employee pricing was around Cost + 5-10%.

missmyzte
08-28-2005, 01:39 PM
^^ Yes, I am aware of that. I'm asking if that person is an employee or if a family member is an employee or how they got those prices.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I believe he's a former employee.

Faccia di Angelo
08-28-2005, 01:46 PM
http://home.satx.rr.com/angelface/Bella.jpg

My sister used to work for Best Buy too and she began to hate it. Said it was a bunch of crap they had to take from management and AHF is right, they make all the big bucks making them push those PSPs. I know a ton of them LOATHED those morning cheers. :lol But I did get a great deal on a 32' Sony flat screen and dvd player with her discount awhile back as well as the monster cables for cheap. They would get good discounts. Some past employees really hate that place. She's heard its only gotten worse from some friends who still work there.
I don't go there too much anymore either. I've noticed they've started to hike up their prices on DVDs. 22 bucks is the norm now it seems. They make it seem like thats the good deal. I remember when they were much lower than that. Not sure if its because of the whole piracy thing but screw that.

maxpower
08-28-2005, 01:48 PM

I hope Fry's comes down here soon.

Shelly
08-28-2005, 01:54 PM
I hope Fry's comes down here soon.

Fry's is awesome! We used to go to the one in Palo Alto. It used to crack me up that it sold toiletries there also.

Sportcamper
08-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Faccia... You and some other posters remind me of the unhappy employees who show up to work with the bare minimum amount of flair....I always try to wear at least 37 different types of flair...

http://www.heathallyn.com/gallery/albums/Office-Space/wallpaintingA.sized.jpg ...

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 02:31 PM

From the receipts I've kept on them. Plus we got 50% off service plans, which make those worth while (got 4 years on the Tivo (retail $79.99, employee cost - $0), 4 years on an Ipaq (cost: $89.99, employee $49.99), for example).

One of my favorite BB moments is up here in Dallas I went to buy a 50 pk. of Fuji DVD-Rs that were on sale. There was a huge line up front, so I went back to computers and asked the dork in blue (after you've been there a month you get the blue shirt - before that you wear a white one as a newbie in training - something to look out for when you shop) to ring me up.

Keep in mind this tool has been there at least a month. Anyway, he looks at the DVDs, and says "they can ring you up at the front." I say "the line is super long, and there's no one checking out back here." He says "I can't ring you up, I don't have a log on." (you get your long on your first week there, he's got a blue shirt, I know damn well he's been there long enough).

I slam down the DVDs, say "yeah, but I bet if I wanted to buy that laptop over there, a printer, get a printer cable and some paper, and the service plan for it, you'd be ringing my ass up in a heartbeat."

About that time a manager walked up, heard the whole thing. Not only did he make the schmuck blue shirt ring me up, he gave me an additional 25% off for the hassle (and the DVDs were already on sale at employee cost - one of the rare times you can score an even money deal).

You see, back in the computer department, they try and send all the little sales to the front, and save the register for big sales/packages. Nice customer service, huh?

SequSpur
08-28-2005, 03:24 PM
what a dick......

lol at Flair........... :lol

T Park
08-28-2005, 04:33 PM
You see, back in the computer department, they try and send all the little sales to the front, and save the register for big sales/packages

maybe cause up front they are more prepared for quicker ring ups of small sales??

Not saying they are right, just looking from their side of the story.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2005, 04:56 PM
How do you prepare more for small sales or prepare for big sales and not for small?

Shelly
08-28-2005, 04:58 PM
What about medium sales? :spin

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Eh.. I don't care what people say, I like Best Buy. Everything in the world is marked up. Best Buy is convenient, helpful, and you can find good deals there.

But you guys are right Fry's is awesome.

T Park
08-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Im with Kori.

I love Best Buy on tuesdays with new CDs. 9 or sometimes 8 bucks.

The buy online then pick up easily is another great thing.

Bought my mother's dyson there, and have always had great experiences.

Frys is equally as great, can get alot more bare bones electronics stuff.

Useruser666
08-28-2005, 06:04 PM
If you price shop and just use common sense you won't get screwed that much.

T Park
08-28-2005, 06:15 PM
use common sense

Im sure doing that is racist, or discriminatory, or offensive, so Im sorry sir, you can't do that.

ZStomp
08-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Eh.. I don't care what people say, I like Best Buy. Everything in the world is marked up. Best Buy is convenient, helpful, and you can find good deals there.

But you guys are right Fry's is awesome.

I agree. I don't care what people say either. I love Best Buy and will continue to go there.

Allah to Best Buy!

T Park
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Allah to Best Buy!

That would be

"Praise be Best Buy"

God to Best Buy?

ZStomp
08-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Allah!!

Mixability
08-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Finally, Best Buy on the Southeast Side!

vbookie on how long it takes before it ends up trashy like everything else on this part of town?

:lol

N.Y. Johnny
08-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Best Buy kicks ass here in Texas...i like it alot, i'm usually in there all the time.

back in NY i like PC Richards more though, but Best Buy is great

Mixability
08-29-2005, 03:48 PM
when is this Best Buy supposed to be up and running?

MiNuS
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Best Buy is where I go to connect to my "electronic" side.

My wife loves Ashley's Furniture Store.I do too. 'I'll be in the Lazy Boy section,babe.'

Dos
08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
damm the southside's moving up.. next thing you know there will be a starbucks there for all the chollo's... *WESTSIDEEEEEEE*

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Nice that the southside's getting some development, but Best Buy does suck. They don't ever keep inexpensive items in stock in San Marcos, and I have had unsatifactory experiences at other stores in FT Worth and Austin.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I could get lost for days in Best Buy ... I just don't bother with the mail-in rebates. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
maybe cause up front they are more prepared for quicker ring ups of small sales??

Not saying they are right, just looking from their side of the story.

That has nothing to do with it at all. And I heard their side of the story, I worked there, got it straight from the managers many times.

They want the computer dept. registers free so that when they snowball some unsuspecting customer into buying all the stupid warranties and 86 accessories to go with their new PC, they can get them rung up and taken care to 1) offer a positive shopping experience and more importantly 2) get them rung up before they can change their mind.

There was nothing ethical about not wanting to ring up small purchases in the back, it was basically a policy geared to hooking the sucker customers before they could change their minds.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
The bottom line is...

if you can afford to wait, places like www.newegg.com are your friend for computer parts.

If you're in SA, Austin, Dallas, Houston, or Corpus, buy your cables at Altex, cheaper.

MiNuS
08-29-2005, 04:57 PM
The bottom line is...

if you can afford to wait, places like www.newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com/) are your friend for computer parts.

If you're in SA, Austin, Dallas, Houston, or Corpus, buy your cables at Altex, cheaper.
I agree. NewEgg has selection and is very affordable!

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 04:59 PM
ahf feels about best buy the way pimpo feels about starbucks

Fuck Starbucks ... I was hungover and broke as broke could be coming home once from Vegas and all I wanted was a cup of coffee.

$4.00 for a coffee??!?! WTF?? Thank God I passed and found a Burger King a little further up for a cup with the last $1 in my wallet.

I'd be like Chris Rock in I'm Gonna Get Ya Sucka ... "How 'bout 1/4 cup for $1??"

tlongII
08-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Fuck Starbucks ... I was hungover and broke as broke could be coming home once from Vegas and all I wanted was a cup of coffee.

$4.00 for a coffee??!?! WTF?? Thank God I passed and found a Burger King a little further up for a cup with the last $1 in my wallet.

I'd be like Chris Rock in I'm Gonna Get Ya Sucka ... "How 'bout 1/4 cup for $1??"

Starbucks is awesome. I can't go a day without my grande' non-fat latte' sweetened with two honey packets. It's expensive, but it's great stuff.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Starbucks is awesome. I can't go a day without my grande' non-fat latte' sweetened with two honey packets. It's expensive, but it's great stuff.

Sucker, but thanks - you're helping out my stocks!

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 06:40 PM

I know it's good, I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a cup of coffee. Especially because the one I like is like 545,358,759,552 calories. :fro

Sportcamper
08-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Starbucks Rules...

Depending on the “Barista” I will either have an Espresso Macchiato or a Caffč Mocha topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a light sprinkling of cocoa powder....

Tlong goes for the “non-fat latte' sweetened with two honey packets” Sheesh....Never figured him for the Sissy Type.... :smokin

Shelly
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Best Buy has a secret website (http://consumerist.com/consumer/best-buy/best-buy-confirms-the-existence-of-its-secret-website-241097.php)

In the wake of an investigation launched by the Connecticut Attorney General's office, Best Buy has finally admitted that the now-infamous "secret intranet" (used to mislead in-store customers about BestBuy's online prices) exists. The website looks identical to BestBuy.com...except for the prices.

The secret website was first revealed by George Gombossy of the Hartford Courant (Way to go, George!). While investigating a tip from a reader, George was shown the internal website. It was identical to BestBuy.com, but showed a higher price for the item he was interested in. George was mislead by Best Buy employees to believe it was the "real" BestBuy.com. Eventually he found some Best Buy employees who admitted to the site's existence and even showed him how it worked.

Now, after initially denying the site existed, Best Buy is cooperating with the investigation. From George's column:

Company spokesman Justin Barber, who in early February denied the existence of the internal website that could be accessed only by employees, says his company is "cooperating fully" with the state attorney general's investigation.

Barber insists that the company never intended to mislead customers.

State Attorney General Richard Blumenthal ordered the investigation into Best Buy's practices on Feb. 9 after my column disclosed the website and showed how employees at two Connecticut stores used it to deny customers a $150 discount on a computer advertised on BestBuy.com.

Blumenthal said Wednesday that Best Buy has also confirmed to his office the existence of the intranet site, but has so far failed to give clear answers about its purpose and use.

"Their responses seem to raise as many questions as they answer," Blumenthal said in a telephone interview. "Their answers are less than crystal clear."

There was a lot of speculation as to whether this "secret intranet" was real or not. It's real. Was it designed and built with the specific intention of misleading customers? We shall see.—MEGHANN MARCO

Best Buy Confirms It Has Secret Website [Hartford Courant]

PREVIOUSLY: Connecticut State's Attorney's Office Launches Investigation Into Best Buy's Secret Intranet Site

Best Buy's Secret "Employee's Only" In-Store Website Shows

leemajors
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
fry's has better selection and prices, i rarely go into circuit shitty or best buy. if i can't find it online cheaper, i always stop by Frys - they have great sales all the time and their sales people don't bludgeon you about warranties.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
fry's has better selection and prices, i rarely go into circuit shitty or best buy. if i can't find it online cheaper, i always stop by Frys - they have great sales all the time and their sales people don't bludgeon you about warranties.good luck on being the first person to actually open what you bought.

leemajors
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
good luck on being the first person to actually open what you bought.

you make big heap sense.

Shelly
03-02-2007, 03:52 PM
We don't have Fry's here.

Where was the one in the bay area again? That place used to crack me up. Where else could you buy food, shampoo, and computer crap all in one place?

Buddy Holly
03-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Fry's will be at Regal Hills.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2007, 04:24 PM
you make big heap sense.Well, if you aren't the first person to open it, that means its re-packaged, Genius. Don't make it harder than what it is.

leemajors
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Well, if you aren't the first person to open it, that means its re-packaged, Genius. Don't make it harder than what it is.

i think i can read a label when it says it was previously opened, but thanks for pointing that out. you're a fount of useful information.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
i think i can read a label when it says it was previously opened, but thanks for pointing that out. you're a fount of useful information.They don't label all of them, Einstein.

leemajors
03-02-2007, 05:10 PM
They don't label all of them, Einstein.

and i've known a few people who bought shrink wrapping machines so they could return rocks for refunds at best buy - do you have a point?