PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude for Manu's Contributions

beirmeistr
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
It is sad to see all the negative comments on this forum made about the basketball play of 37-year-old Manu Ginobili. People expect miracles if they think that 2014 Ginobili can perform at the super-high level that he did when he was in his 20s and early 30s.
For me, it has been a pleasure to see Manu's competitive, frenetic, fearless, innovative style of play through the years. He would even dare to drive against colossal Shaquille , willing to take a hard foulto put more points on the board.
Kobe Bryant once made a serious comment that his favorite player to watch playing basketball was Manu Ginobili. Manu did not invent the Eurostep but his expert use of it popularized it and made it a part of the offensive play in the NBA. In his prime, Manu was Pop's close at the end of a game. Even now, Pop will call on manu now and then to close a game.
I realize that a large percentage of the current Manu haters on this forum may be foreign born and may be pitting one countryman against another man from a different country. Some others may be too young to have marvelled at Ginobili's talent in his prime.
I am not defending 2014 Manu's errant passes, his constant defensive gambling, or his free throw misses. I can't, because he is who he is. I am thankful and grateful that I was able to see Ginobili since he arrived in the NBA in 2002.
I am thankful that he made meaningful contributions in the 4 NBA titles that he participated in.
Even at age 37, Manu Ginobili still has some of his speed, some of his agility, and
some of his quickness on the court.His basketball IQ and his court vision are outstanding. He still is an important cog in the Spur's lineup. He still sacrifices his body to get free throws. When he comes into the game, he may not be The Man, but the ball movement picks up considerably.
I hope he sticks around for the 2015 season also.
As for his 2014 play, he is who he is.

beirmeistr
11-11-2014, 03:25 PM
I forgot to mention that I am not from Argentina. I am an American citizen born in the good old USA.

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:30 PM
8 turnovers though

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:33 PM
I think he'll be with us for another year... Amused permitting...

Floyd Pacquiao
11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Manu choked last night

Brazil
11-11-2014, 03:37 PM
tl;dr

space your stuff... damn

but ya I'm grateful for Manu's contributions too :tu

hater
11-11-2014, 03:37 PM
While we are on the topic of old scrubs

Can someone remind me what were Bonners contributions??

ElNono
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
To stay on topic of old scrubs

3bQc7UpUfqE

Prose
11-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Couldn't agree more!

look_at_g_shred
11-11-2014, 04:11 PM

picking up 4 fouls that couldve gone to duncan/diaw. Diaw wouldn't of had swatted that alley-oop if he was in foul trouble. Plus, dude hit a key three to give us some type of momentum in the 3rd. But what's the point of explaining this if you didn't see it the first time.

UZER
11-11-2014, 04:32 PM

The same contributions for the last 7 years....spacing. :lol

dabom
11-11-2014, 04:37 PM
picking up 4 fouls that couldve gone to duncan/diaw. Diaw wouldn't of had swatted that alley-oop if he was in foul trouble. Plus, dude hit a key three to give us some type of momentum in the 3rd. But what's the point of explaining this if you didn't see it the first time.

Shut up fagot. Bonner was a bitch out there. Clutch 3? If he makes a couple of his first 10 wide open threes earlier we might have blown this game wide open by half.
Do you even watch the fucking game?

look_at_g_shred
11-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Shut up fagot. Bonner was a bitch out there. Clutch 3? If he makes a couple of his first 10 wide open threes earlier we might have blown this game wide open by half.
Do you even watch the fucking game?
Fail.

Dre_7
11-11-2014, 05:38 PM
I love Manu!

testies
11-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Fucking faggots will kill Manu for meaningless game, but no one gives a fuck if Tim Duncan plays like garbage for years and missed a wide open bunny in game 7

oh wait, I know why : he's American

midnightpulp
11-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Fucking faggots will kill Manu for meaningless game, but no one gives a fuck if Tim Duncan plays like garbage for years and missed a wide open bunny in game 7

:lol It has nothing to do with Duncan's nationality.

The reason people get on Manu is because many of his mistakes are due to bad decision making (jacking up long 3s with 20 seconds left on the clock, bonehead fouls, fancy pass attempts that lead to TOs, etc). Duncan makes the right decision 95% of the time, and you can accept the results, make or miss, win or lose.

I love Manu, but when he fucks up, he deserves the criticism.

hater
11-11-2014, 09:12 PM
:lol It has nothing to do with Duncan's nationality.

The reason people get on Manu is because many of his mistakes are due to bad decision making (jacking up long 3s with 20 seconds left on the clock, bonehead fouls, fancy pass attempts that lead to TOs, etc). Duncan makes the right decision 95% of the time, and you can accept the results, make or miss, win or lose.

I love Manu, but when he fucks up, he deserves the criticism.

bingo. lol manutards thinking the dislike is for Manu and not his damn stubborness

Dude was wild and dangerous out there in game 6 of the Finals and fucked up due to this stubborness

ElNono
11-11-2014, 09:18 PM
He's one of the all-time greats... Spursfan likely doesn't know what they have until it's gone... same with Timmy...

dabom
11-11-2014, 09:35 PM

Shut up fagot. The difference is tim still fucking played great the entire playoffs and manu sucked dick the entire playoffs and was worse in the finals. 1 fucking play and that negates everything else he did great? Manu played shit the entire finals besides 1 game.
That's the fucking difference you stupid fuck.

kaji157
11-12-2014, 12:57 AM
This is a thread discussing a finals that happen not last year but the year before?
My god guys, get a life.

ElNono
11-12-2014, 12:58 AM
He's been having good games lately... good to see there's still gas in the tank...

testies
11-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Shut up fagot. The difference is tim still fucking played great the entire playoffs and manu sucked dick the entire playoffs and was worse in the finals. 1 fucking play and that negates everything else he did great? Manu played shit the entire finals besides 1 game.
That's the fucking difference you stupid fuck.

yeah retard, Heat doesnt even have a center, they had anorexic Bosh to defend on thte post :lol :lol :lol, on other hand they had probably 2 or 3 elite perimeter defenders all over manu and parker

duncan is an old fart compared to Ginobili, and you know it. wtf has duncan done lasst years? nothing, meanwhile ginobil IS A GOD WHO GIFTED US #5 AND YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT

faggot

dabom
11-12-2014, 01:41 AM
yeah retard, Heat doesnt even have a center, they had anorexic Bosh to defend on thte post :lol :lol :lol, on other hand they had probably 2 or 3 elite perimeter defenders all over manu and parker

duncan is an old fart compared to Ginobili, and you know it. wtf has duncan done lasst years? nothing, meanwhile ginobil IS A GOD WHO GIFTED US #5 AND YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT

faggot

What are you talking about fagot. Duncan was the best player for the playoffs followed by kawhi. WTF are you watching you stupid fuck.

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2014, 01:45 AM

Attacking TP is understandable.. But attacking Duncan after that monster game? That's low, even for you :lol

Legacy
11-12-2014, 01:46 AM
He was a beast tonight. That's all I care about right now.

MI21
11-12-2014, 01:52 AM
He is so much better at 37 than I thought he would be.

All time great.

BatManu20
11-12-2014, 01:56 AM
Manu is playing lights out right now considering his age. I hope Pop doesn't get cocky and overdue it with his minutes though.

Malik Hairston
11-12-2014, 03:23 AM
The best Spurs guard of all-time, tbh..

:lmao George Gervin

urunobili
11-12-2014, 07:22 AM
The best playoffs Spurs guard of all-time, tbh..
Fixed it for you...

T Park
11-12-2014, 07:51 AM

Good low post defense. Good rotations. Made some threes.

FromWayDowntown
11-12-2014, 12:59 PM
He also contributed this gem last night:

Mr Bones
11-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Spurstalk: the place to go after a big win, to insult players on the Spurs, to call other Spurs' fans faggots, and generally miss the big picture. Nice job.

spurs10
11-12-2014, 03:58 PM
2014 was and still is a great year for Manu. Down 16 in game 5 of the Finals and Manu puts on his cape and turns it all around.

dabom
11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
I love manu. Favorite spur, but it would be disingenuous to Duncan when some fagot troll has the nerve to talk shit about 2013 Finals Duncan as to make Manu's failings in 2013 seem less travestying.

TMTTRIO
11-12-2014, 05:46 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/11/11/sixth-man-stigma-manu-ginobili-andre-iguodala-isaiah-thomas/18883329/

By the way really good article here (a lot of it about Manu). It's crazy to see Manu has played more games coming off the bench than being a starter. So glad he was willing to do that for our team all of these years instead of demanding a trade and causing problems with our team. He could've been a starter anywhere else and could've been a bigger star in the league instead of always being stuck behind Tim and Tony. I'm even surprised after his sophmore year when Denver was really courting him and probably offering him bigger things he wasn't tempted to go like most players would. So thankful for him.

milkyway21
11-12-2014, 07:15 PM
He also contributed this gem last night:

:lmao

Busy Manu :) he was also trolling Patty Mills last night who obviously glued into the game vs GSW ..hilarious :cell

SnakeBoy
11-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Spurstalk: the place to go after a big win or loss, to insult players on the Spurs, to call other Spurs' fans faggots, and generally miss the big picture. Nice job.

fify

Mikeanaro
11-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Bones (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7668612#post7668612)

Spurstalk: the place to go after a big win or loss or there is no game at all, to insult players on the Spurs, to call other Spurs' fans faggots, and generally miss the big picture. Nice job.
fify

Cherry
11-13-2014, 07:33 AM
To think that he has 75 games left...