PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! PC Question.

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Ok, so I reinstalled Windows XP in my computer and now my monitor is shitty.

I'm at a 640 x 480 pixels screen resolution and 4 bit color quality. I can't go any higher or any lower.

I have no idea what to do.

Sense
08-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Ok, so I reinstalled Windows XP in my computer and now my monitor is shitty.

I'm at a 640 x 480 pixels screen resolution and 4 bit color quality. I can't go any higher or any lower.

I have no idea what to do.

Buy a new monitor... if you try to go higher the screen will turn black and there won't be a way to get the resolution low again. Unless you memorize where everything is and do it while the screen is black.

I suggest you buy a new monitor.

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Buy a new monitor... if you try to go higher the screen will turn black and there won't be a way to get the resolution low again. Unless you memorize where everything is and do it while the screen is black.

I suggest you buy a new monitor.

It was working perfectly today.

What happened was I installed a cd given to me, but windows would have shut it down in 30 days because of its WPA.

So I took the cd rom that came with my notebook and installed it into my computer.

Now the monitor is all funky. I don't think it installed the device driver.

Sense
08-28-2005, 01:10 AM
It was working perfectly today.

What happened was I installed a cd given to me, but windows would have shut it down in 30 days because of its WPA.

So I took the cd rom that came with my notebook and installed it into my computer.

Now the monitor is all funky. I don't think it installed the device driver.

:/ I still suggest you get a new one.

orhe
08-28-2005, 01:32 AM
:) download the driver on the internet...

Zombie
08-28-2005, 01:41 AM
:) download the driver on the internet...
yep, upgrade the video drivers!

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 02:12 AM
yep, upgrade the video drivers!

Which one? Where? How...? lol

Can someone please instruct me.

Nbadan
08-28-2005, 02:18 AM
Your video card driver is probably screwed up. You said the monitor was working, was it working with XP? Cause XP will only let you decrease the resolution to 8 bit in safe mode.

Go to your control panel. Find your video card driver, make sure your connected to the internet-right click on the driver and click update driver.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Take out your vid card and put it in a different slot. If it's AGP, remove and re-seat again.

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 03:35 AM
How do I take out my video card?

Nbadan
08-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Just update your driver. I'm willing to bet you have an out-dated driver.

Go to the device manager section of your control panel and update the video card driver.

Nbadan
08-28-2005, 04:07 AM
Go to control panel - switch to classic view - click on system icon - click on the hardware tab - click on the button that says control panel - look for the + by display adapter (there is probably a yellow exclamation point), click on the +, a - should appear as well as the name of your current display adapter. right-click on that display adapter and click on the upgrade now option. Allow the search to look for your driver on the internet.

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys... but it was much more simpler than I thought.

I just didn't have my driver enabled.

I completely forgot about that.

My computer is back to its former self.

Thanks again.

Fat Bones
08-28-2005, 04:23 AM
sheesh...with friends like this ...why can't I have regular friends?

= (http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2I14JEHS3U4D32LCR46D3EMHK0)

ZStomp
08-28-2005, 04:32 AM
I say still get a new monitor...:lol