PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Name the most Valuable players for these NBA teams...

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Dallas
Chicago
Raptors
Spurs
Suns
Clippers
Lakers

Dirk, even though dumbass analyst last year consistently called ellis the best player in the team..What's funny Webber and Barkley were the front runners with this opinion :lmao

Noah

Lowry

Leonard

Dragic

Blake

Boozer/Lin

Xylus
11-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Dallas - Dirk
Chicago - Noah
Raptors - Lowry
Spurs - Duncan
Suns - Dragic
Clippers - Blake
Lakers - Ed Davis

Phillip
11-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Dallas - Dirk
Chicago - Noah
Raptors - Lowry
Spurs - Duncan
Suns - Dragic
Clippers - CP3
Lakers - Kobe

ElNono
11-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Dirk
Rose
Lowry
Duncan
Dragic
Griffin
Hill

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 10:24 PM
honestly, tim has been so bad the last 5 games at times it's been detrimental to post him up..So I don't know why that's the consensus...He is also not as good defensively as Tiago, Danny and Kawhi..

scanry
11-12-2014, 10:26 PM
That back fired quick. In all honesty, KL is the best Spur. And i think Monta has taken over from Dirk tbh.

Xylus
11-12-2014, 10:28 PM
There's a difference between "Most Valuable" and "Best." The way I look at it, a team's MVP is the guy who, if you were to remove him from the lineup permanently, the team would perform much worse. Leonard might be the better player, but the Spurs without Duncan aren't nearly as scary. Same with Dallas without Dirk.

StrengthAndHonor
11-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Dallas - Dirk
Chicago - Noah
Raptors - Lowry
Spurs - Duncan
Suns - Dragic
Clippers - CP3
Lakers - Kobe

It's a good list, but Griffin is just slightly more valuable then CP3 at this point. As for the Lakers, I think Ed Davis followed by Lin (When he's allowed to run the offense) are the two most valuable players IMO.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2014, 10:37 PM
imo kawhi is the best spurs for last 3 years no questions

duncan can easily be replaceable if splitter/diaw became more aggressive on the floor, yet we are stuck with 2 softies either always injured or passive on the floor doing nothing...

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 10:45 PM
There's a difference between "Most Valuable" and "Best." The way I look at it, a team's MVP is the guy who, if you were to remove him from the lineup permanently, the team would perform much worse. Leonard might be the better player, but the Spurs without Duncan aren't nearly as scary. Same with Dallas without Dirk.

This hasn't been true for a two years now...The spurs perform way worse without leonard than without Duncan...

I'd say this, they're not exactly just one player, but the foreign Legion ( Manu, Patty, Tiago, Boris, Belli) are the Blood of the smooth ball movement the spurs have...

Danny, Tiago and Kawhi are easily the best defenders in the team.

Xylus
11-12-2014, 10:47 PM
This hasn't been true for a two years now...The spurs perform way worse without leonard than without Duncan...

I'd say this, they're not exactly just one player, but the foreign Legion ( Manu, Patty, Tiago, Boris, Belli) are the Blood of the smooth ball movement the spurs have...

You watch a lot more Spurs games than I do, so you're probably right.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2014, 10:49 PM
That back fired quick. In all honesty, KL is the best Spur. And i think Monta has taken over from Dirk tbh.

What your reasoning?

Dirk has been the most efficient player for the mavs in the last end of last season and this season...Still averages more points than Monta as well.

I don't see any valid argument of Monta over Dirk, not one single argument..monta also takes more shots but have 4 points less in ppg than Dirk...:lol

Malik Hairston
11-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Dallas
Chicago
Raptors
Spurs
Suns
Clippers
Lakers

Dirk, even though dumbass analyst last year consistently called ellis the best player in the team..What's funny Webber and Barkley were the front runners with this opinion :lmao

Noah

Lowry

Leonard

Dragic

Blake

Boozer/Lin

Dallas- Dirk

Chicago- Can't name 1 player..Rose is by far their best player, but they wouldn't be the same without their defense, obviously..

Noah is extremely overrated, tbh..

Spurs- Leonard

Suns- Dragic

Clippers- Griffin

Lakers- Kobe, since they're clearly tanking, he's the best tank commander in the NBA, at the moment

Technique
11-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Dallas - Monta
Chicago - Rose
Raptors - Fields
Spurs - Parker
Suns - Dragon
Clippers - Griffin
Lakers - Old Mamba

jimbo
11-13-2014, 01:13 AM

Agreed, they actually brought that up quite a bit last year I think.

They were 32-10 to start the season, then 8-6 while he was out. It was their lone hiccup of what has been an otherwise-incredible season, a stretch of mediocrity sandwiched in between elite play that spoke volumes about the value of Leonard's defensive presence.

Although iirc Danny was out for most of that stretch too, so the Spurs had essentially no plus perimeter defenders for a while so he's not as valuable as that stretch would indicate.

apalisoc_9
11-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Agreed, they actually brought that up quite a bit last year I think.

Although iirc Danny was out for most of that stretch too, so the Spurs had essentially no plus perimeter defenders for a while so he's not as valuable as that stretch would indicate.

I agree..

The great thing about having a guy like Danny green is that you can get away with playing against teams with only 1 star perimeter player if kawhi is not playing....That's why teams like the Warriors have Zero chance against the spurs IMO..Danny and kawhi would anally rape Curry and thompson...

having both though is just unfair for many teams...

But I'd say Kawhi this year is a lot more valuable than kawhi last year..His mid range shooting is just beautiful.

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2014, 01:38 AM
I agree..

The great thing about having a guy like Danny green is that you can get away with playing against teams with only 1 star perimeter player if kawhi is not playing....That's why teams like the Warriors have Zero chance against the spurs IMO..Danny and kawhi would anally rape Curry and thompson...

But I'd say Kawhi this year is a lot more valuable than kawhi last year..His mid range shooting is just beautiful.

theres a reason why im still mad about pop axing jax 12/13 run, spurs couldve made use of another perimeter defender off the bench while kawhi or green was taking a break...it meant the spurs always had 2 top notch hustling defenders on the court pesting the heat backcourt

gambit1990
11-13-2014, 01:39 AM
dallas: dirk
chicago: rose
raptors: doesn't matter
spurs: duncan or kawhi
suns: dragic
clippers: doesn't matter
lakers: doesn't matter

jimbo
11-13-2014, 02:51 AM
I agree..

He's been good the last 2 games, but he started off pretty terribly on offense at least. He's getting a lot more plays run for him so i guess he's more valuable by default anyways

Jenks
11-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Dirk
Pau
Lowry
Duncan
Dragic
Griffin
Lin

Phillip
11-13-2014, 01:00 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Pelicans78
11-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Dallas - Dirk
Chicago - Butler
Raptors - Lowry
Spurs - Duncan
Suns - Dragic
Clippers - CP3
Lakers - Ed Davis

testies
11-14-2014, 01:06 AM
If you mean valuable in the sense that you can also take into account what they can also do in the future, I'd say :

Dallas - Ellis
Chicago - Gasol
Raptors - Caboclo
Spurs - Ginobili
Suns - Dragic
Clippers - CP3
Lakers - 24

spurraider21
11-14-2014, 01:34 AM
Dirk
Gasol
Lowry
Duncan... Kawhi making strides in that dept
Dragic... chief kieff is right there though
CP3... but it will have to be Blake for them to improve
Kobe, which is why they are where they are

Franklin
11-14-2014, 08:30 AM
If you take into account players' future potential value I'd say Parsons is the most valuable player for us given his age and talent. dude hasn't fully adapted to the new role yet but when he does he'll be dirk's successor in the future tbh.

hyhy
11-14-2014, 10:17 AM
I thought that the spurs looked worse when manu and duncan sat out compared to the games where kawhi sat out

Raven
11-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Dallas - dirk
Chicago - pau
Raptors - derozan
Spurs - green
Suns - dragič
Clippers - blake
Lakers - sacre

Raven
11-14-2014, 10:33 AM
It's a good list, but Griffin is just slightly more valuable then CP3 at this point. As for the Lakers, I think Ed Davis followed by Lin (When he's allowed to run the offense) are the two most valuable players IMO.

"slightly" :lol

StrengthAndHonor
11-15-2014, 09:50 PM
"slightly" :lol
Do you watch Clippers games? I assume not. Griffin has regressed. He doesn't fight for rebounds as much and his efficiency has taken a hit, both categories are down. His role has changed to be fair, as much blame Paul gets, Blake hasn't really stepped up to the challenge.

spurraider21
11-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Griffin is terrific, but he's always going to be limited defensively because he lacks natural length. that's where my doubts lie.

on the other end the defender is usual just at Blake's mercy

Raven
11-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Do you watch Clippers games? I assume not. Griffin has regressed. He doesn't fight for rebounds as much and his efficiency has taken a hit, both categories are down. His role has changed to be fair, as much blame Paul gets, Blake hasn't really stepped up to the challenge.

i probably watch more clipper games than you do and pauls choke jobs are well documented.

tlongII
11-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Who gives a shit about those scrub teams?

Clipper Nation
11-16-2014, 10:45 AM

IMO, Blake's back injury from this summer that kept him out of Team USA is more serious than anyone was letting on. You can tell he looks uncomfortable and is lacking explosiveness.

Still, a healthy Blake is easily the most valuable player on the team. Choke Paul, on the other hand, is replaceable.

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2014, 11:54 AM
i probably watch more clipper games than you do and pauls choke jobs are well documented.

Yeah, I really doubt that. The narrative of Paul choking is severely overblown in this forum. Any Clipper fan would tell you otherwise. This has been an ongoing discussion for years in the TB forum tbh.

:lol

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2014, 12:08 PM
IMO, Blake's back injury from this summer that kept him out of Team USA is more serious than anyone was letting on. You can tell he looks uncomfortable and is lacking explosiveness.

Still, a healthy Blake is easily the most valuable player on the team. Choke Paul, on the other hand, is replaceable.

He's not being used properly. That's why he's struggling offensively. Gentry did a great job utilizing Griffin but that doesn't really excuse his lack of effort on the defensive end to a point where he looks like David Lee with more hops out there. His rebounding effort deserves no excuse.

I dont like how Blake and Doc are absolutely infallible, but everything wrong with the Clippers is because of CP3 which absolutely ridiculous. CP3's not perfect, but he's the lease of the many problems, porous defense being a bigger issue. Everyone on this team who plays big minutes is playing below par. Im actually being generous by putting Griffin above CP3 at the moment, but as far as individual play, CP3 has played better than Blake so far.