PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for the Holidays to celebrate Christmas?

xmas1997
11-12-2014, 10:31 PM
We usually start right after Thanksgiving by looking for a great tree to decorate. We have a fake tree but we only used it once because there was no piney smell. Now it gathers dust in the attic.

We also get a really nice wreath for the front door and decorate the outside with lots of big old fashioned lights and put Santa and his sled and reindeer in the front yard.

On the inside we hang stockings on the fireplace mantle, Christmas place mats on the table, and candles and snow globes all inside the house, plus the Christmas carols on the radio and watch the Christmas movies on TV or blu-ray

We put an HO gauge train running under the tree, and decorate the tree with large and mini bubble lights, ornaments we've collected over the years and one new one that has the present year on it, as well as tinsel and a star or angel on top.

We have a big wooden platter filled with every type of nut we can find and an old fashioned nutcracker, plus we have cheese and summer sausage assortments often before the big day comes.

We bake lots and lots of cookies and especially gingerbread, and have the kiddies set some out with a glass of milk and hot cocoa on Christmas Eve for Santa.

The whole family goes to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and listen to the choir sing carols, and when we get back home everyone gets to pick one present to open that night.

On Christmas morning everyone opens their presents, sing songs, and drink home made egg nog, and then we give thanks to God and have a hearty dinner around 3 pm of turkey, ham, giblet gravy, cornbread dressing (sometimes oyster dressing), cranberry sauce, scalloped potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, corn on the cob, salad with avocado, baked macaroni, and hot fresh rolls, all with a glass of Beaujolais nouveau.

And we have a piece of holiday buttermilk chess pie for the traditional good luck, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top (unless we had it for Thanksgiving), or apple strudel, or hot pecan pie and vanilla ice cream on top.

And we watch the game on TV or more Christmas movies.

Everything comes down and stored away for next Christmas on New Years Day.

What do you do, and how do you celebrate Christmas if you do, and when do you start leading up to it?

Happy Holidays!

Greg Oden
11-12-2014, 10:34 PM
tl;dr

op is a faggot

xmas1997
11-12-2014, 10:47 PM
tl;dr

op is a faggot

Intelligent post, that. ^^^

And not a single homophobic slur to boot.

Let's see what other mature adult intelligent civil posts he can conger up.

We await with baited breath.

:lol

Aztecfan03
11-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Used to get real trees, but around the time i left for college, my mom got a fake tree that already has lights on it. My dad passed when i was in my early teens so she lived alone except when i came home during summer and christmas and now im back there for now.

Stopped putting up outside lights a couple years after my dad passed and don't set up quite as much inside. Still decorate the tree full of ornaments, hang stockings on fireplace mantle, have a manger scene, and a few wreaths but used to have a christmas village and stuff. Part of problem is the smaller tv stand and bigger tv.

Make bunch of christmas cookies couple days before christmas

Go to a candlelight service in the evening. Then we head over aunt's and take all of that side of the family's presents and a couple of ours along with some of the cookies. Eat dinner(everyone else has usually eaten because we can't get there till almost 8), open presents and all that. In the morning, we open our stockings and wait for the other side of the family to come to our house and we eat and open presents. SOmetimes have christmas day dinner with the side of the family we had christmas eve with.

Don't really start setting up to at least a week into december nowadays.

xmas1997
11-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Used to get real trees, but around the time i left for college, my mom got a fake tree that already has lights on it. My dad passed when i was in my early teens so she lived alone except when i came home during summer and christmas and now im back there for now.

Stopped putting up outside lights a couple years after my dad passed and don't set up quite as much inside. Still decorate the tree full of ornaments, hang stockings on fireplace mantle, have a manger scene, and a few wreaths but used to have a christmas village and stuff. Part of problem is the smaller tv stand and bigger tv.

Make bunch of christmas cookies couple days before christmas

Go to a candlelight service in the evening. Then we head over aunt's and take all of that side of the family's presents and a couple of ours along with some of the cookies. Eat dinner(everyone else has usually eaten because we can't get there till almost 8), open presents and all that. In the morning, we open our stockings and wait for the other side of the family to come to our house and we eat and open presents. SOmetimes have christmas day dinner with the side of the family we had christmas eve with.

Don't really start setting up to at least a week into december nowadays.

I understand, deaths in the family tend to be a damper on festivities, but at least you are recovering well, sorry for your loss.

Buddy Mignon
11-13-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm hopping on my homies private plane heading up to Telluride for some snowmobiling. Then we're going to shoot down to Denver to catch my Raiders get a beatdown by the Broncos. I'm sure you all will be right here sharing cookie recipes.:lol

silverblk mystix
11-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Hookers and Blow

Leetonidas
11-13-2014, 01:46 PM
tl;dr

op is a faggot

DJR210
11-13-2014, 04:22 PM
tl;dr

op is a faggot

RIP Glen Hobart. You will be missed.

benefactor
11-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm hopping on my homies private plane heading up to Telluride for some snowmobiling. Then we're going to shoot down to Denver to catch my Raiders get a beatdown by the Broncos. I'm sure you all will be right here sharing cookie recipes.:lol
:lol coming from the guy who was talking about his tomato garden

benefactor
11-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Oh..and OP is a liar and a flake. That is all.

Avante
11-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Here we have a guy trying to talk about Christamas, notice the assholes here only interested in fucking with the OP, this needs to stop,

xmas1997
11-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Here we have a guy trying to talk about Christamas, notice the assholes here only interested in fucking with the OP, this needs to stop,

It's just what Kori has been talking about, changes are going to be made, and I bet examples are done as well, and/or maybe The Club will just disappear because these ignorant young punks won't, although some may reap the repercussions of continually posting my personal info against ST Rules like DJR210, who I advise you to delete my personal info from your post of your own accord as Kori asked.

You have been warned now too, DJR210.

bigzak25
11-13-2014, 07:29 PM
If I'm by myself, ill drink beer and listen to music. Dont know if ill be doing herb this year. Maybe. I have to figure out when I get my boys. But I am leaning towards taking the week after Christmas off from work. Goto my moms...see what she's cookin up. Just another day really.

xmas1997
11-14-2014, 12:50 PM
If I'm by myself, ill drink beer and listen to music. Dont know if ill be doing herb this year. Maybe. I have to figure out when I get my boys. But I am leaning towards taking the week after Christmas off from work. Goto my moms...see what she's cookin up. Just another day really.

Do you do anything to the outside and inside of your place before the big day?

RD2191
11-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I usually just drink hot chocolate and pan dulce with my family. Nothing too crazy.

xmas1997
11-14-2014, 12:59 PM
I usually just drink hot chocolate and pan dulce with my family. Nothing too crazy.

Family is the key thing here.

bigzak25
11-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Not anymore xmas. There was a time when it was all about the tree and some lights outside, but that's in the past.

xmas1997
11-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Not anymore xmas. There was a time when it was all about the tree and some lights outside, but that's in the past.

What about for the family?

And what do you do for Christmas dinner?

AussieFanKurt
11-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Don't REALLY celebrate Xmas... just more of an opportunity to have some family time. I'll be with my sister, cousin, aunty and uncle and we'll probably eat some good food, have some drinks, laugh at religion and watch das boot

Strange Love
11-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Outside of getting a couple of hundred bucks from family, shit is real wack.

Thread
11-16-2014, 12:48 AM
I always recall the Christmas of '63. My father got roaring drunk, came home Christmas eve and my mother had to call the Police. We were able to get to the car with the help of the Police, but, my father tried to stop the car in the middle of the street with a foot of snow in the middle of a snowstorm. We dodged the old man, but, our Xmas presents fell out of the trunk and onto the street. The Police picked them up and stopped us down the road a piece and handed them over. It was great in the Motel Room opening those gifts. I didn't give a shit. I got my first big container of Lincoln Logs and an Electric Football Game, plus, an All Star Baseball Game with the spinner. I was in my glory. Time of my life. Christmas Day we went back home and the old man was apologetic to everyone. My mother got a fancy nightgown and a 7 day skein of panties while I got a 1/32 scale racing car set. It was fantastic. Must have set the old man back plenty.

I had 10 Christmas's before that and more than 50 since, but, it's that one I remember the best. I see the "video" of it like it was yesterday.

DMC
11-16-2014, 02:45 AM
I usually get on ST and tell everyone I am dead and hope for some sympathy. If that crashes on me, I pretend it was an experiment. Then I melt down for a month until the site owner has to come and tell me to shut the fuck up. That's always a great holiday exercise.

DMC
11-16-2014, 02:46 AM
I always recall the Christmas of '63. My father got roaring drunk, came home Christmas eve and my mother had to call the Police. We were able to get to the car with the help of the Police, but, my father tried to stop the car in the middle of the street with a foot of snow in the middle of a snowstorm. We dodged the old man, but, our Xmas presents fell out of the trunk and onto the street. The Police picked them up and stopped us down the road a piece and handed them over. It was great in the Motel Room opening those gifts. I didn't give a shit. I got my first big container of Lincoln Logs and an Electric Football Game, plus, an All Star Baseball Game with the spinner. I was in my glory. Time of my life. Christmas Day we went back home and the old man was apologetic to everyone. My mother got a fancy nightgown and a 7 day skein of panties while I got a 1/32 scale racing car set. It was fantastic. Must have set the old man back plenty.

I had 10 Christmas's before that and more than 50 since, but, it's that one I remember the best. I see the "video" of it like it was yesterday.

I hope it's been better for you since then Dale. That's a shitty thing to happen to anyone.

AlexJones
11-16-2014, 03:35 AM
My mother got a fancy nightgown and a 7 day skein of panties

Bend over. I'll show your mother some fuckin' 7 day skein of panties.

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 04:07 AM
thanksgiving is always a big family dinner at our place...christmas eve we're typically at my dad's brothers place for dinner. christmas morning we head back over there to exchange gifts and watch the basketball games.

but armenians are weird and maintain that christmas is january 6, and we head to my grandma's place on the 5th. armenian christmas eve if you will

its pretty routine/mundane/vanilla every year, but its cool to have the same group meet up

silverblk mystix
11-16-2014, 10:17 AM
thanksgiving is always a big family dinner at our place...christmas eve we're typically at my dad's brothers place for dinner. christmas morning we head back over there to exchange gifts and watch the basketball games.

but armenians are weird and maintain that christmas is january 6, and we head to my grandma's place on the 5th. armenian christmas eve if you will

its pretty routine/mundane/vanilla every year, but its cool to have the same group meet up

Note to self: Next time spurraider21 talks shit in hiding - remember that he admitted he is an armo.

Thanks bro!

Aztecfan03
11-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Note to self: Next time spurraider21 talks shit in hiding - remember that he admitted he is an armo.

Thanks bro!

That's old news and who cares?

Thread
11-16-2014, 11:47 AM

Because Silv & I hate Armenians on principle. One time we bombed a hill. He & I walked up afterward. Not one Armenian body was left. Smelled like, I don't know,,,,,,,,,like Battier had just scared the shit out of Tim.

ohmwrecker
11-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Thanks bro!

:cry Everyone on ST is a hypocrite, racist piece of shit :cry

ohmwrecker
11-16-2014, 11:54 AM

Yo, man. You got any sisters with that KK badonk?

silverblk mystix
11-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Because Silv & I hate Armenians on principle. One time we bombed a hill. He & I walked up afterward. Not one Armenian body was left. Smelled like, I don't know,,,,,,,,,like Battier had just scared the shit out of Tim.

Actually it was worse-

it smelled - but the eerie part was the deafening silence -

reminiscent of the "kobe & fish blowing snot-bubbles on the bench" elimination playoff game.

:lmao:lmao

silverblk mystix
11-16-2014, 12:32 PM
:cry Everyone on ST is a hypocrite, racist piece of shit :cry

Shut up moron -

I love me some Armo pussy - some of the most beautiful women anywhere - excepting the Kardashian garbage of course.

You just post daily from your butthurt vagina and are blinded by it.

Someday you will see your hypocrisy.

mrsmaalox
11-16-2014, 12:40 PM

It's not weird, Orthodox Christians use the Julian calendar as opposed to the Gregorian, so December 25th happens to fall on Jan 7th. We celebrate both days, Dec 25th is a pretty quiet family event but Jan 7th is a big block party with a spit roasted pig and endless shots of slivovitz :toast

ohmwrecker
11-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Shut up moron -

I love me some Armo pussy - some of the most beautiful women anywhere - excepting the Kardashian garbage of course.

You just post daily from your butthurt vagina and are blinded by it.

Someday you will see your hypocrisy.

:lol you don't get any pussy

silverblk mystix
11-16-2014, 02:08 PM
:lol you don't get any pussy

Well that was in my single days - point still stands.

:lol:lol

AlexJones
11-16-2014, 02:46 PM
What's the significance of Christmas 1997 though?

Aztecfan03
11-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Yo, man. You got any sisters with that KK badonk?

Wtf are you talking about?

ohmwrecker
11-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Wtf are you talking about?

Sorry, dude. I quoted the wrong person.

Aztecfan03
11-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Sorry, dude. I quoted the wrong person.

Thought that might have been it.

xmas1997
11-18-2014, 11:14 AM
It's not weird, Orthodox Christians use the Julian calendar as opposed to the Gregorian, so December 25th happens to fall on Jan 7th. We celebrate both days, Dec 25th is a pretty quiet family event but Jan 7th is a big block party with a spit roasted pig and endless shots of slivovitz :toast

:tu