PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Is Kobe the Tanking Gawd?

Bynumite
11-13-2014, 01:11 AM
I don't expect or want the Lakers to do any kind of run for a playoff spot, high draft pick > 1st round sweep but it's like every Lakers game this season besides the Golden State game looked winnable if Kobe was slightly more efficient but always ends up being a close loss.

Truly one of the GOATs :toast

ElNono
11-13-2014, 01:12 AM
I think Denver is not going to give up the #1 that easy, tbh... but Brick Mamba and Byron Scott are doing a fine job, IMO

jimbo
11-13-2014, 01:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVHxgNsBbqU

#dominateTanking

(linking the video because these were pretty awesome tbh)

Bynumite
11-13-2014, 01:17 AM
I think Denver is not going to give up the #1 that easy, tbh... but Brick Mamba and Byron Scott are doing a fine job, IMO

Agreed, Denver is playing like a well-oiled tanking machine. Allowing 84 points halves is no easy feat but we'll see.

DMC
11-13-2014, 01:46 AM
I don't get the tanking thing. I've seen the same teams do it time and again and they are still at the bottom of the pile.

midnightpulp
11-13-2014, 06:54 AM
The Brick Mamba is the supreme deity in this regard. What's funny is that he's really trying to win games, but his ball dominance and inefficiency obviously runs counter to a winning basketball formula. Lakers brass also knows this, and are basically using Kobe as a sideshow to sell tickets while the team continues to lose games.

Nick Young might hurt the Lakers tanking efforts, though. Not that he's a good player, but he can get hot. And if him and Kobe get hot in the same game, they'll be able to pull a few upsets they had no business winning.

Raven
11-13-2014, 08:13 AM
The Brick Mamba is the supreme deity in this regard. What's funny is that he's really trying to win games, but his ball dominance and inefficiency obviously runs counter to a winning basketball formula. Lakers brass also knows this, and are basically using Kobe as a sideshow to sell tickets while the team continues to lose games.

Nick Young might hurt the Lakers tanking efforts, though. Not that he's a good player, but he can get hot. And if him and Kobe get hot in the same game, they'll be able to pull a few upsets they had no business winning.

that's impossible, their style of play pretty much makes it so by definition.

Seventyniner
11-13-2014, 09:05 AM

It would also take the other team getting cold. Kobe + Swaggy might be the worst defensive wing combo in the league, and they have no rim protection to make up for it.

Mikeanaro
11-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Maybe, Kobs only cares about bricking right now.

eric365
11-13-2014, 05:00 PM

Sixers are the easy #1. They are doing it for years now

spurraider21
11-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Sixers are the easy #1. They are doing it for years now
this. sixers have valuable experience in this facet of the game

AussieFanKurt
11-13-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't get the tanking thing. I've seen the same teams do it time and again and they are still at the bottom of the pile.

It starts a culture of losing that they can't get out of. Tank for one season might be okay like Spurs the season before Duncan but repeated tanks is not constructive... plus tanking for a draft that could well be shit is dumb as fuck

Franklin
11-13-2014, 10:01 PM
still too early to call end to this season tbh. Kobe's doing his best and just like OP said most of the games they lost were close ones. They'll start to play better once Swaggy P is back and you'll see them competing for the 8th seed late in the regular season.