PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Ubisoft: You're The New EA

DJR210
11-13-2014, 04:35 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/11/12/congratulations-ubisoft-youre-the-new-ea/

:lol Ubisoft
:lol Probaby gonna start releasing AC games every 4 months
:lol Forbes tearing them a new ass
:lol lock for worst company of the year

ElNono
11-13-2014, 06:03 PM
AC Rogue is not bad, tbh... but it's more of a rehash of AC4 playing as a Templar...

Doesn't have the micro-transaction BS... I hate that nickel and diming...

baseline bum
11-13-2014, 06:25 PM
PC Master Race can't make it up it's mind whether it wants shit that runs at 150 FPS on good hardware or games that really fucking push it. In the first case it's a lame console port made to run on shitty hardware while in the second it's unoptimized crap. Ubisoft got so much bad press off Watch Dogs even though that shit scales to all 8 threads of an i7, now they get crap for needing really high end hardware to run AC maxed out when there are a billion NPCs on screen and a pretty densely populated game world. Was there this level of anger when Crysis 1 first came out and ran at 15 FPS on everyone's watercooled SLI rig?

ElNono
11-13-2014, 06:26 PM
-PkzIGSyjLQ

UBIL:lolL

ElNono
11-13-2014, 06:28 PM
PC Master Race can't make it up it's mind whether it wants shit that runs at 150 FPS on good hardware or games that really fucking push it. In the first case it's a lame console port made to run on shitty hardware while in the second it's unoptimized crap. Ubisoft got so much bad press off Watch Dogs even though that shit scales to all 8 threads of an i7, now they get crap for needing really high end hardware to run AC maxed out when there are a billion NPCs on screen and a pretty densely populated game world. Was there this level of anger when Crysis 1 first came out and ran at 15 FPS on everyone's watercooled SLI rig?

Yeah, don't think the FPS is such a big deal if they can at least keep it at 30... but it looks like the game was rushed and the microtransaction bullshit on a $60 game needs to die.

baseline bum
11-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah, don't think the FPS is such a big deal if they can at least keep it at 30... but it looks like the game was rushed and the microtransaction bullshit on a $60 game needs to die.

Fucking microtransactions ingame? OK, maybe they do need to die in a grease fire then.

ElNono
11-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Fucking microtransactions ingame? OK, maybe they do need to die in a grease fire then.

- Assassin’s Creed Unity features a number of troubling gameplay elements, including microtransactions that offer in-game currency for packages priced as high as $99. Past that, the game scatters chests throughout the map that can only be accessed if you game is connected via an AC app or Uplay.

hehateme
11-13-2014, 07:05 PM
I really hate the DLC and in game purchase crap. This is why Valve will never release a tf3 version with all of the money they are making off of kids buying hats/accessories with tf2. Just the start of the downfall for this money hungry industry.

leemajors
11-13-2014, 07:09 PM
I really hate the DLC and in game purchase crap. This is why Valve will never release a tf3 version with all of the money they are making off of kids buying hats/accessories with tf2. Just the start of the downfall for this money hungry industry.

To be fair, TF2 came out about a decade after Quakeworld tf1

baseline bum
11-13-2014, 07:15 PM
- Assassin’s Creed Unity features a number of troubling gameplay elements, including microtransactions that offer in-game currency for packages priced as high as $99. Past that, the game scatters chests throughout the map that can only be accessed if you game is connected via an AC app or Uplay.

LOL, apparently the bad framerate has a lot to do with being online for the microtransactions :lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2m521i/putting_your_ps4_offline_fixes_the_framerate_issue/

OK, forget what I said in my first post in this thread. This company is shit.

DJR210
11-13-2014, 09:53 PM

Framerate is far from the only thing PC players are annoyed with when it comes to Ubisoft. A few notables:

-Creating Uplay and making it mandatory even on Steam activated games

-Brushing off the PC gaming community's concerns with their games not being optimized with a "PC players can just go buy a bigger/better GPU if they want better performance"

-Talked down to the gaming community by saying games with high framerates look "weird", and tried to convince us that 30 frames and worse is "cinematic"

DJR210
11-14-2014, 09:39 PM
AC Rogue is not bad, tbh... but it's more of a rehash of AC4 playing as a Templar...

Doesn't have the micro-transaction BS... I hate that nickel and diming...

Here's a bit of quality control from your precious ancient gen AC Rogue:

http://puu.sh/cR3J5/62752c1695.jpg

:lmao Ubisoft

DJR210
11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
:lmao Ubisoft and anyone who buys their shitty games

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/11/14/ubisoft-responds-inadequately-to-assassins-creed-unity-embargo-and-performance-issues/

:lmao 60.00 on a beta release
:lmao 99.00 DLC packages
:lmao I won't even pirate this shit

DJR210
11-14-2014, 11:59 PM
http://whatculture.com/gaming/assassins-creed-unity-8-unforgivable-issues-insult-fans.php/2

Strange Love
11-15-2014, 12:32 AM
This is very sad. And also why I dont buy any games that is not a sport genre anymore.

Looks like the only safe bet these days are Santa Monica games and Warner Bros. Inc.

ElNono
11-15-2014, 03:04 AM
Here's a bit of quality control from your precious ancient gen AC Rogue:

http://puu.sh/cR3J5/62752c1695.jpg

:lmao Ubisoft

:lol already finished the main storyline... I'm just padding the game completion finishing cities now

baseline bum
10-03-2015, 12:42 PM
LOL so Ubisoft put in microtransactions to skip shitty parts of AC Syndicate? :lmao

I wonder how much it costs to skip the whole thing all the way to the credits?

Buy Assassins Creed Syndicate and Pay Some More to Not Play (http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=18215&game=Assassins%20Creed:%20Victory&title=Buy%20Assassins%20Creed%20Syndicate%20and%20 Pay%20Some%20More%20to%20Not%20Play)
Written by Felix Nova on 01 October 2015 at 16:45

AC Syndicate, which releases on the 19th November for PC and in just a couple of weeks on consoles, 23rd October, will be coming with some micro transactions that let you bypass parts of the game and speed up progression when you want to.

Wait, are we saying you buy a game, then pay to skip bits of that game through microtransactions? Hmm. This seems really daft to me. Its like paying to go to see a film you want to watch then paying a bit more money to miss the boring romance scene? Actually that might be pretty cool, but really annoying for all the other mushy people in the cinema with me.

So the official words told to press were for those people that have a little less time to game than others, might want to “save time and accelerate progress”. Ubi also say that this microtransaction stuff will be entirely 100% optional to any gamer and that there will not be content locked behind a paywall.

So we presume that if you dont want to explore everything in Assassins Creed Syndicate due to your own real life time constraints, then pay a bit of cash and woosh, you now have extra equipment or hidden treasures are now located on the overview map. this feature was available in Black Flag, called “Time Saver” packs. You could grab them for 1, 2 or 3 dollars. In AC: Unity, not sure anyone if anyone on PC actually played much of this, they had “Helix Credits”. Again you could pay real cash, get credits and then spend those to unlock specific weapons or bump up player stats for some time. We imagine that AC Syndicate willl have a combo of these sorts of micro transactions.

I really dont know where I sit with this. We buy a game to enjoy and have fun with. If developers think that they are making a game that is not fun for the majority of people then they would shift to make it fun for the masses, yeah? Right, this next bit from me is just me thinking stuff through publicly. So please forgive any sweeping generalisations and use them to get involved in the discussion below, if you have anything to add.

So, people who are time rich and therefore have enough time to play a game in its entirety probably dont have that much money because they are not spending their time at work. Therefore the more time rich equals the more cash poor. So if you are time poor, then you are more likely to be working all the time and more likely to have more cash. And if you fall in this category then you are the target for this microtransaction approach, and perhaps willing to spend more money to save your time so you can jump parts of the game you find boring or a waste of your time.

If I wasnt a money hungry company (Just to be clear, I am not a money hungry company) trying to make more money from every game, I would simply avoid adding those boring parts to the game, OR if I thought most people would like those parts and only a few would find them a waste of time then I would make them skippable. Like cutscenes often are. Hmmm maybe they will make cutscenes skippable for money? Or pay per save? Oh my goodness, when will it end?

Now.

DJR210
10-03-2015, 09:45 PM
LOL so Ubisoft put in microtransactions to skip shitty parts of AC Syndicate? :lmao

I wonder how much it costs to skip the whole thing all the way to the credits?

:lmao WTF

Charge people more to skip through your piece of shit game.. Sadly I'm sure this will still generate millions of extra revenue off dumb fucking rich faggot kids :lol

:toast to the next big thing in gaming :tu

ElNono
10-03-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm all for hating on Ubisoft, tbh, but I'm playing Unity on this new box and graphics are crazy good...

DJR210
10-03-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm all for hating on Ubisoft, tbh, but I'm playing Unity on this new box and graphics are crazy good...

I'm gonna have to check it out, need something new to benchmark

baseline bum
10-03-2015, 10:21 PM

After nosTEAMing Unity I wasn't that impressed with its graphics. I think GTA V is far superior on PC, as is Witcher 3. ARMA 3 has to be there too, though you better have a highly overclocked i5/i7 to turn up the draw distance. Even though it's a two year old game I found Tomb Raider to be really impressive graphically on the PC also. And then Crysis 3 can look really amazing in parts when you have everything on Very High, though you need an i7 and a heavily overclocked 970 or stock 980 for those settings.

If you haven't played it yet, get Dying Light, that game is fucking crack on PC. Though if you set sail for PirateBay make sure you get at least version 1.4, as the game runs like ass in earlier versions.

ElNono
10-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Coming from the XLOL 360 and having played Rogue not that long ago, this is night and day. I let GF Experience set it up for me, and it basically set everything to ultra. Looks dope and runs great. I'm a fan of the Creed series, this looks amazing, tbh...

I have Dying Light on my shortlist. Also Batman Arkham Knight, but I'll wait for the Oct patch for that one, I heard it improves the game a lot.

baseline bum
10-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Coming from the XLOL 360 and having played Rogue not that long ago, this is night and day. I let GF Experience set it up for me, and it basically set everything to ultra. Looks dope and runs great. I'm a fan of the Creed series, this looks amazing, tbh...

I have Dying Light on my shortlist. Also Batman Arkham Knight, but I'll wait for the Oct patch for that one, I heard it improves the game a lot.

GF Experience always seems to optimize settings for highest image quality with 45 fps average, so I never use it. I'm always aiming for 60 fps to be around the 1% minimum framerate so I can get really smooth motion, but some games like Witcher 3 that is impossible unless you drastically lower settings. But most of the time it just requires tinkering with a setting here or there to get 60 fps mostly locked on my 970. For instance, in Dying Light the only thing I have to turn down is shadow map size to high, but if I run it at very high like GFE recommends it drops me into the low 50s a lot of the time. In GTA V I just turn grass to very high instead of ultra for the same reason (CPU bottleneck from calculating so many shadows) and use FXAA instead of MSAA and it's completely locked to 60 fps except when I drive through one area of the map where it drops to the high 50s. Otherwise the settings are as high as they can go, not counting the advanced settings that can't be run on any GPU on the market right now without dragging the framerate way down. And GFE always recommends rendering at higher resolutions and downsampling, and this SSAA shit doesn't look any better to me than MSAA or even FXAA at native resolution. So I don't know why I'd run it at higher resolution and drop my fps from a locked 60 fps to a not so smooth 42 fps. GFE settings to me always seem like they're trying to make me dissatisfied with my card so that I'll go run out and buy a 980 Ti or some shit. One of the things I loved about the consoles was the really steady framerate even though it was 30 fps instead of 60 fps, and I always want to go for the console approach of trying to lock to a framerate, albeit at 60 fps. Though I do prefer the occasional stutter when it drops below 60 fps briefly to adaptive vsync that mimics consoles by tearing when the framerate drops too low.

But I have found old games can look like crap if I don't also set an external 60 fps frame limiter in addition to setting vsync to 60 fps. New games I don't have to do that on but for some reason if I play old shit I need to.

ElNono
10-04-2015, 01:26 AM
Yeah, if it starts dragging, I'll stop paying attention. So far so good though.

Reck
10-04-2015, 02:39 AM
Remember when games let you skip cutscenes for free? :lmao

baseline bum
10-09-2015, 07:06 PM

So what do you think of Unity after a few days with it?

ElNono
10-09-2015, 07:08 PM
So what do you think of Unity after a few days with it?

I like it... it's more of the same, tbh, but if you like the series, it's cool... it gets a bit repetitive after a while, but that's normal for the series

ElNono
10-09-2015, 07:10 PM
I also got a repack of DL... when I need a break from Unity, I switch to that, and then back

baseline bum
10-09-2015, 09:10 PM
I also got a repack of DL... when I need a break from Unity, I switch to that, and then back

Dying Light? That game is crack, I don't know how you could put it down.

ElNono
10-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Dying Light? That game is crack, I don't know how you could put it down.

Just launched it, played until you get over the crane to another building... I'm at the very, very start... Not that tired of Unity yet :lol

DJR210
10-10-2015, 12:55 AM
Just launched it, played until you get over the crane to another building... I'm at the very, very start... Not that tired of Unity yet :lol

You're still just smoking the crack.. By the time you hit your first night in game, you'll be shooting it.

ElNono
10-10-2015, 12:58 AM
You're still just smoking the crack.. By the time you hit your first night in game, you'll be shooting it.

tbh, I'm not that into zombie/horror games... but the little i've seen so far looks good

DJR210
10-10-2015, 01:01 AM
tbh, I'm not that into zombie/horror games... but the little i've seen so far looks good

Zombie games are played out to me, but they did a good job combining the parkour with the melee 1st person combat.

You'll start to open up some new moves and abilities and that's when the game starts getting fun, even better with 3 other people.

ElNono
10-11-2015, 01:57 AM
So far I've played it until I destroy the drop with the medicine, and it's been meh, tbh... does it get any better or it's all jumping around like a monkey doing missions?

The melee fighting is stupid, IMO... sucks you have to do it to clear out some areas.

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 09:44 AM
So far I've played it until I destroy the drop with the medicine, and it's been meh, tbh... does it get any better or it's all jumping around like a monkey doing missions?

The melee fighting is stupid, IMO... sucks you have to do it to clear out some areas.

Damn, I really dig the B-movie soundtrack and film grain in the game, and the graphics look pretty amazing. Plus the game runs so smoothly after the 1.4 patch. It does get better when you upgrade your character to do really nasty Fallout style kills with swords and sickles, but if you don't like it now I doubt you'll like it later. I don't quite put it at GTA V level, but it's one of my favorite open world action games I have played. Either Dying Light or Witcher 3 would be my favorite game of 2015, it's a tough call between them (I view GTA V as a 2013 game since that's when I first played it on XPoor360).

What the fuck man, you like Unity and don't like Dying Light? :lol

ElNono
10-11-2015, 11:50 AM
I don't hate it, I just have a hard time getting into it, and it hasn't felt "fun" yet. It has a bunch of things that I don't like:

- Crafting, which makes you waste your time scavenging for shit.
- When you die, it takes you the far fuck away to a safe zone, now you have to cross half the city again (and if you die, again)
- The fight "stamina" shit is ridiculous. You can run and climb for 10 mins straight, but 4 swings with a pipe and you're tired? smh

I finished Unity yesterday, so I'm gonna keep playing it, but hopefully this shit gets better quick. The story started kinda intriguing, but now you're basically a douchebag...

DJR210
10-11-2015, 01:12 PM
What the fuck man, you like Unity and don't like Dying Light? :lol

:lol smh

DJR210
10-11-2015, 01:16 PM
- Crafting, which makes you waste your time scavenging for shit. Crafting is such a minor part in the game, you find a ton of good shit and even guns as you go. After playing for a while you'll have collected a ton of shit, then you can go back and create all the shit you found blueprints for.

- When you die, it takes you the far fuck away to a safe zone, now you have to cross half the city again (and if you die, again) :lol Then don't die?

- The fight "stamina" shit is ridiculous. You can run and climb for 10 mins straight, but 4 swings with a pipe and you're tired? You've gotta level up.. can't expect him to be a beast in the beginning of the story.

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 02:08 PM
You gotta at least get to the part where you see Jade's titties, ElNono.

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 02:12 PM
I loved setting all the zombie traps in Dying Light. And guns are terrible, the sound attracts the strongest zombies to you. I love once you have swords and sickles and can chop their heads off too, and exploring Harran is fucking fun. I love the one office building with the guy making the distress call. Open world games with tons of side quests are always my favorite though. All my favorite games of this type: Elder Scrolls series, Grand Theft Auto series, Fallout series, Dragon Age Inquisition, Witcher 3, Dying Light, etc.

ElNono
10-11-2015, 02:57 PM
- When you die, it takes you the far fuck away to a safe zone, now you have to cross half the city again (and if you die, again) Then don't die?

- The fight "stamina" shit is ridiculous. You can run and climb for 10 mins straight, but 4 swings with a pipe and you're tired? You've gotta level up.. can't expect him to be a beast in the beginning of the story.

:lol this is an oxymoron, tbh...

I've played a few more missions now... it's still pretty turrbile, but not turrible enough to just stop playing it...

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 04:30 PM
:lol this is an oxymoron, tbh...

I've played a few more missions now... it's still pretty turrbile, but not turrible enough to just stop playing it...

If you think it sucks at the beginning you're probably going to think it sucks the whole way through. The thirty hour campaign probably isn't enough time to teach you how to have good taste in games tbh. Since you like shit that sucks can I recommend you try Watch Dogs instead? You might also consider GTA IV and NBA Elite 11.

ElNono
10-11-2015, 05:34 PM
If you think it sucks at the beginning you're probably going to think it sucks the whole way through. The thirty hour campaign probably isn't enough time to teach you how to have good taste in games tbh. Since you like shit that sucks can I recommend you try Watch Dogs instead? You might also consider GTA IV and NBA Elite 11.

I played Watchdogs the whole way through... it was good, not as good as GTA V, but it was fun... GTA IV was shit though, only GTA I didn't complete.

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 06:25 PM
I played Watchdogs the whole way through... it was good

not sure if srs :lol

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 06:37 PM
I think I got 30 minutes into Watch Dogs and uninstalled it because of the shitty control and substandard graphics. I felt just like I was playing GTA IV. The intro stage at Wrigley Field was actually really cool, but the game nosedived bigtime after that I thought. The protagonist even reminded me of Niko Bellic with his whining about his family. :lol

ElNono
10-11-2015, 06:45 PM
lol, what are you talking about? Metacritic has Watch Dogs rated about the same as Dying Light... mid 70's, which I would concur it's a good rating for these games...

The biggest issue with dying light is that the zombie theme is played out and completely uninteresting to me and it's a great excuse to make the enemy AI retarded...

On top of that, you control a mouthbreather beisbol player that can't swing a wrench 4 times without getting winded... :lol

But I'm taking y'all word for it that it gets better down the road, and I'm still going through it...

ElNono
10-11-2015, 06:47 PM
I think I got 30 minutes into Watch Dogs and uninstalled it because of the shitty control and substandard graphics. I felt just like I was playing GTA IV. The intro stage at Wrigley Field was actually really cool, but the game nosedived bigtime after that I thought. The protagonist even reminded me of Niko Bellic with his whining about his family. :lol

I liked the stealth mode play... reminded me of some of the older Hitman games. I can't tell you about gfx as I played that on the XLOL 360, but the game had it's moments, tbh

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 07:27 PM
The biggest issue with dying light is that the zombie theme is played out and completely uninteresting to me and it's a great excuse to make the enemy AI retarded...

Last zombie game I played was Dead Rising, so I guess I'm not burned out on the zombie genre.

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2006/11/21/PS3.jpg

But the AI for the volatiles is pretty good at night.

On top of that, you control a mouthbreather beisbol player that can't swing a wrench 4 times without getting winded... :lol

C'mon man, having a lead character that can't do shit at the beginning of an RPG can't be new to you. Remember how you'd get wrecked by geckos and shit in the first hour or two of Fallout 2?

But I'm taking y'all word for it that it gets better down the road, and I'm still going through it...

I don't think you'll like it. I loved the game from the very beginning. Cut your losses and pirate something new tbh.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Metacritic is pretty much the worst place to judge a game on the net

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 07:30 PM

I'm still giving IGN that title for giving GTA IV at 10/10 rating back when the only game that got a perfect 10 was Ocarina of Time.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm still giving IGN that title for giving GTA IV at 10/10 rating back when the only game that got a perfect 10 was Ocarina of Time.

I never really read IGN..At that time I was a peasant, so I read Game Informer.. Then it became obvious they were getting paid by the developers for the feature

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 07:42 PM
I never really read IGN..At that time I was a peasant, so I read Game Informer.. Then it became obvious they were getting paid by the developers for the feature

Who do you read reviews from now?

ElNono
10-11-2015, 07:44 PM

How so?... it's an average of critic reviews, and an average of user reviews... what's better, tbh?

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 07:46 PM

I hate that shit about hardware reviews too. All the hardware reviewers depend on getting free samples from manufacturers to be able to keep their sites afloat, so you never see anyone just shit all over a piece of hardware. For hardware the only reviews I like much are from Digital Foundry since they show their test runs and how frametimes vary on their run.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Who do you read reviews from now?

Well..considering that games are free now..

If I don't set sail I usually go to Steam reviews.. You know they are gonna shit if the game performs terribly, so I trust them.

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Well..considering that games are free now..

:lmao

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:48 PM
How so?... it's an average of critic reviews, and an average of user reviews... what's better, tbh?

There's just too many games rated in the 70's that are great games.. You see 70 and would think the game sucks.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:49 PM
I hate that shit about hardware reviews too. All the hardware reviewers depend on getting free samples from manufacturers to be able to keep their sites afloat, so you never see anyone just shit all over a piece of hardware. For hardware the only reviews I like much are from Digital Foundry since they show their test runs and how frametimes vary on their run.

:lol "FX 8350 outperforms core i7 in 10/11 tests"

ElNono
10-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Last zombie game I played was Dead Rising, so I guess I'm not burned out on the zombie genre.

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2006/11/21/PS3.jpg

But the AI for the volatiles is pretty good at night.

C'mon man, having a lead character that can't do shit at the beginning of an RPG can't be new to you. Remember how you'd get wrecked by geckos and shit in the first hour or two of Fallout 2?

I don't think you'll like it. I loved the game from the very beginning. Cut your losses and pirate something new tbh.

I even have the DLC, so I'm trying hard to like it... to be fair, I've played worse games than this one, so I'll keep going...

And this is no RPG, sorry :lol

If anything it tries to be a lot of things, a 1st person shooter, an RPG, a pseudo-platformer... I'm hoping it'll get better once I get a few weapons... I basically have been able to avoid the melee for the last 3 "game days", just running past the dumb zombies.

ElNono
10-11-2015, 07:53 PM
There's just too many games rated in the 70's that are great games.. You see 70 and would think the game sucks.

But that's a good review system, the shitty reviews are the ones that hand out 90's to every hyped up game... :lol

I actually think a game in the 70s is "playable"...

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:54 PM
I even have the DLC, so I'm trying hard to like it... to be fair, I've played worse games than this one, so I'll keep going...

If anything it tries to be a lot of things, a 1st person shooter, an RPG, a pseudo-platformer... I'm hoping it'll get better once I get a few weapons... I basically have been able to avoid the melee for the last 3 "game days", just running past the dumb zombies.

The physics kills are great, what the fucks the matter with you man. One of us needs to go through the screen and smack the shit out of you a few times, IMHO

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:55 PM
But that's a good review system, the shitty reviews are the ones that hand out 90's to every hyped up game... :lol

I actually think a game in the 70s is "playable"...

But the problem i have is that a ton of the 70s rated games do suck, so its just hit or miss with them

ElNono
10-11-2015, 07:58 PM
The physics kills are great, what the fucks the matter with you man. One of us needs to go through the screen and smack the shit out of you a few times, IMHO

What are those?

DJR210
10-11-2015, 08:00 PM
What are those?

Knocking people off shit, into shit, etc.. You get some good shit like drop kicks, shoulder charges, sidestep throws which lead to some great kills if you're creative

ElNono
10-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Knocking people off shit, into shit, etc.. You get some good shit like drop kicks, shoulder charges, sidestep throws which lead to some great kills if you're creative

:tu

DJR210
10-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Unlock the full skill tree, there's some useful stuff in there and it's fun being OP

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 08:14 PM

I don't think it tries to be a FPS at all, unless you consider Oblivion or Skyrim FPS games. The guns are almost all more trouble than they're worth, and are pretty terrible weapons since loud noises attract the recently turned zombies who are really aggressive and athletic. It's an action RPG to me since it's open world, has tons of side quests, and has a leveling system.

baseline bum
10-11-2015, 08:15 PM

Drop kicking zombies into spikes is fucking great. Or electrocuting them. But still my favorite is to just go grab a sickle and chop their fucking heads off. Gotta love the ultraviolence, and this is about as violent a game as I have ever played. I wonder how the consoles with their weak dual quadcore AMD Jaguar chips hang in that one area where you have about 300 zombies to kill in that one small area. I imagine anything less than a highly clocked i3 must get raped in that one section.

Reck
10-21-2015, 06:13 AM
The New AC game looks promising.

DJR210
10-21-2015, 08:01 AM
The New AC game looks promising.

As a fan of AC since the first game, I just can't do it anymore. They fucking killed it w/ the yearly release. Black Flag was the last one I played, and although it was generally loved, I hated pirates. I still haven't beat Revelations, I'll just play that instead.

Reck
10-21-2015, 06:10 PM
As a fan of AC since the first game, I just can't do it anymore. They fucking killed it w/ the yearly release. Black Flag was the last one I played, and although it was generally loved, I hated pirates. I still haven't beat Revelations, I'll just play that instead.

Yeah the game mechanics have pretty much stayed the same for the past 5 years.

What I meant by promising is that the story seems to be a lot more coherent than Unity's. There was no flow to that game at all.

baseline bum
11-19-2015, 02:36 AM

So Syndicate runs like shit too. 30-50 fps on a GTX 970 + i7-4790k system at 1080p :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e23RKPxfz4

DJR210
11-19-2015, 03:59 AM
So Syndicate runs like shit too. 30-50 fps on a GTX 970 + i7-4790k system at 1080p :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e23RKPxfz4

Per usual

baseline bum
11-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Per usual

Apparently the new drivers released today make a big difference, as does turning off MSAA and the Nvidia PCSS shadows that rape framerate (lol Gameworks). God damn, I don't think I have ever seen 2xMSAA cause a 25% hit to framerate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ab3_8WhbY

ElNono
01-29-2016, 02:48 PM
The Division’s underwhelming beta dampens our expectations
Impressions so far: Awkward controls, dumb AI, and repetitive shooting.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/the-divisions-underwhelming-beta-dampens-our-expectations/

baseline bum
01-29-2016, 03:33 PM
The Division’s underwhelming beta dampens our expectations
Impressions so far: Awkward controls, dumb AI, and repetitive shooting.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/the-divisions-underwhelming-beta-dampens-our-expectations/

Wow was that the XBox 360 port in the video? Or the PS2 one?

Reck
01-29-2016, 09:24 PM
That game reminds me of Watch Dogs.

A pile of dogshit indeed. :lmao

apalisoc_9
01-29-2016, 11:00 PM
Ive been trying to find a third person shooter multiplayer and got hyped with the division. Apperently it stinks. Smdh. Last of us still the best third person shooter.

Joseph Kony
01-30-2016, 01:54 AM
Decided to get Far Cry 4 because the complete edition as on sale, hopefully it doesn't suck. I also decided to check out Sleeping Dogs as well in case it does suck. Need to fill up the time between now and The Following

baseline bum
01-30-2016, 02:59 AM
Decided to get Far Cry 4 because the complete edition as on sale, hopefully it doesn't suck. I also decided to check out Sleeping Dogs as well in case it does suck. Need to fill up the time between now and The Following

I haven't played any of the DLC, but the main campaign in Far Cry 4 was awesome. Great graphically, the bell towers are way cooler than in Far Cry 3, the storyline is pretty interesting, the area is really mountainous and a lot more fun to explore than in Far Cry 3, and the stealth shit is much better executed in FC4 than FC3. Dragon Age Inquisition was my favorite game of 2014, but Far Cry 4 is a close second. Awesome game, Far Cry is about the only Ubisoft series that consistently delivers.

DJR210
02-01-2016, 02:10 AM

Sleeping dogs is dope, if for the hand to hand fighting alone.. Nothing better than slamming a dudes face into an AC unit fan IMO

Leetonidas
02-01-2016, 02:24 AM
enjoying the shit out of both so far tbh :tu

lol at all the stereotypical sounding Asians trying to sell you shit in the markets

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 02:30 AM
After finishing Fallout 4 I'm not sure what looks good next. Which is better between Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution?

Reck
02-01-2016, 05:09 AM
After finishing Fallout 4 I'm not sure what looks good next. Which is better between Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution?

Absolution is a boring, repetitive piece of shit game. Don't waste your time.

ElNono
02-01-2016, 01:00 PM

Absolution can feel like work sometimes, tbh... but, if you're into the Hitman series, it's nice.

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Absolution is a boring, repetitive piece of shit game. Don't waste your time.

Absolution can feel like work sometimes, tbh... but, if you're into the Hitman series, it's nice.

So I guess that's a big fuck no to Absolution. :lol

ElNono
02-01-2016, 02:32 PM
So I guess that's a big fuck no to Absolution. :lol

I also felt it was kind of short, but I do like the Hitman series. If you like to play stealthy it's still a decent game.

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 09:02 PM
I also felt it was kind of short, but I do like the Hitman series. If you like to play stealthy it's still a decent game.

I really like the stealth in Far Cry 4. At all comparable?

ElNono
02-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I really like the stealth in Far Cry 4. At all comparable?

Nah, this is more about timing, hiding bodies, etc... not a 1st person shooter, tbh...

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Nah, this is more about timing, hiding bodies, etc... not a 1st person shooter, tbh...

You do the same shit in Far Cry 4, throw a rock, sneak up behind a nigga, slit his throat, drag the body to a good hiding spot, etc when attacking a camp.

ElNono
02-01-2016, 11:21 PM
You do the same shit in Far Cry 4, throw a rock, sneak up behind a nigga, slit his throat, drag the body to a good hiding spot, etc when attacking a camp.

I always use a sniper rifle :lol

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 11:43 PM
I always use a sniper rifle :lol

LOL exploiting stupid AI with a silenced sniper rifle. Ooh look, my partner is dead but I never saw the shooter. So I guess it was just a heart attack that blew his head off. I don't need to call anybody, let's just finish this cigarette while standing against the wall.

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 11:54 PM
A silenced sniper rifle is great for destroying alarms though in Far Cry 4. Now I'm tempted to reinstall that shit and play it. I wonder if there are console commands so I never have to go skin animals and shit again though.

ElNono
02-02-2016, 09:55 AM
LOL exploiting stupid AI with a silenced sniper rifle. Ooh look, my partner is dead but I never saw the shooter. So I guess it was just a heart attack that blew his head off. I don't need to call anybody, let's just finish this cigarette while standing against the wall.

yeah, or shoot the animal cage and watch the slaughter.... then you clean up what's left...

baseline bum
02-02-2016, 10:36 AM
yeah, or shoot the animal cage and watch the slaughter.... then you clean up what's left...

Ended up nosteaming Absolution, and the game seems boring as fuck and went straight to the recycle bin.

baseline bum
02-02-2016, 09:28 PM

I ended up buying Metro Redux, I have been wanting to play that series forever. Damn Metro 2033 is amazing graphically and the control is great too, awesome first person shooter. I think I'll wait for a few patches to stabilize performance on the new Tomb Raider. especially the nosteam patch from the chinks tbh

ElNono
02-02-2016, 09:53 PM
I ended up buying Metro Redux, I have been wanting to play that series forever. Damn Metro 2033 is amazing graphically and the control is great too, awesome first person shooter. I think I'll wait for a few patches to stabilize performance on the new Tomb Raider. especially the nosteam patch from the chinks tbh

I only played Last Light and it was very good. Might have to pick up 2033 at some point, tbh... I just got a free code for PaRappa 2 on the PS4, though, I haven't played PaRappa since the PS1, so I'm gonna be working on that :lol

DJR210
02-03-2016, 05:22 AM
I'm sure FC4 has some hilarity with the animal kills, but I don't think you can top an enemy getting to close to the shoreline in FC3 :lol

Reck
02-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Now you're talking. That game is badass.

I played the shit out of it when it was free on PlayStation. Did a stealth/non lethal run, kill run and a mixed of the two.

Getting the good ending is tricky as fuck though. You have to trigger most of the karma with the white flashes.

Reck
02-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Ubifags sending mass emails about rule changes with their shitty Uplay accounts. :lol

Joseph Kony
02-04-2016, 03:02 AM
Far Cry 4 was a good investment for me after all, really enjoying the game. Flying those mini copters or hang gliding off mountains is fun as fuck

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Far Cry 4 was a good investment for me after all, really enjoying the game. Flying those mini copters or hang gliding off mountains is fun as fuck

Have you done any of the missions with the tiger? Those are incredible.

apalisoc_9
02-05-2016, 12:01 AM
I dont know how you guys manage to play first person games.
.that shit gives me a headache

Joseph Kony
02-05-2016, 01:36 AM
Have you done any of the missions with the tiger? Those are incredible.

Not yet...do I get to ride it? :lol

baseline bum
02-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Same old Ubisoft. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jc0tSP9dRw

:lol barely being able to stay above 60 fps at 1080p with a $700 GTX 1080

Trainwreck2100
02-06-2017, 07:41 AM
how about how their last big realease was a game about skiing nobody was asking for

baseline bum
06-18-2017, 07:57 AM
The Assassins Creed Origins collectors edition is $800 :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K1TLhwzmQQ