PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the schedule and wow, we need to take advantage of the next ~30 days

SpursFan86
11-14-2014, 05:23 AM
@ LAL
@ Sacramento (2nd night of b2b)
Philadelphia
@ Cleveland
@ Minnesota
Brooklyn (2nd night of b2b)
Indiana
Sacramento
@ Boston
@ Philadelphia (2nd night of b2b)
@ Brooklyn
@ Memphis
Minnesota
@ Utah
New York (2nd night of b2b)
LAL
@ Denver

That's a month-long stretch where we play...what, 2 playoff teams? I don't really count Brooklyn because they wouldn't sniff the playoffs if they were in the West. Having a stretch that long and easy is rare considering we're not only in an extremely tough conference, but also the toughest division in basketball.

It's nice that we're having this stretch now while Mills/Splitter are out and the team is still a bit rusty. We could very well win 13 or 14, maybe even 15, of those 17 games despite not being at full strength. Then we can get to hear about how we're just beating up on inferior teams :rolleyes

100%duncan
11-14-2014, 05:25 AM
Good point and observation. Need to take as much wins as possible but tbh, if the team is healthy every game is winnable.

Uriel
11-14-2014, 09:02 AM
The ease of the schedule is offset somewhat by the fact that 11 of those 17 games are on the road.

100%duncan
11-14-2014, 09:03 AM
The ease of the schedule is offset somewhat by the fact that 11 of those 17 games are on the road.

But that is offset by being the best road team in the league. :bobo

Spur|n|Austin
11-14-2014, 10:23 AM

The road is a breeze for this sqad.

cjw
11-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Get those road trips out of the way early. 32 of remaining 58 at home afterwards (55%) and outside of the rodeo road trip, that's nearly 2/3 of the other games at home.

People have also talked about how OKC has an easy schedule to start the year. When your two best guys are hurt, that's a curse because you need to outperform in those games to build up wins for when the schedule toughens up.

Blue Duck
11-14-2014, 11:14 AM
It is a great point by op, and observation. Fortunately the spurs don't seem to suffer from the same dropoff in performance on the road that many othet teams do so I think this upcoming schedule bodes well for us. By the way, since the issue of health was brought into the fray on this thread, has anyone seen or heard anything regarding Splitter's prognosis, recovery time, return date, etc???? If it's been posted already, than I missed it, sorry. I'm interested in seeing what Baynes will do with the minutes, and unlike allot of posters here, I don't think he's a scrubatall. But, with tiago, the team really seems to click on both ends. Thanks guys, and thanks for the good thread op. GSG

Cry Havoc
11-14-2014, 11:21 AM
:lol I was just about to make a thread detailing this. Nice job, OP.

Spurs need to go at least 12-5 over this span. 14-3 or 15-2 would be ideal. Most of these teams shouldn't even be on the court. The Kings should beat us one game, the Cavs might beat us, we'll probably beat Memphis and then drop a game to the Tpups. :lol

I'll say we go 13-4.

gameFACE
11-14-2014, 12:04 PM
The Knicks and Minny are also both second games on B2B's although at home. Still, 12-5 isn't unreasonable as long as the Spurs don't get caught playing down.

OP's sig. Get's me every time.........

hater
11-14-2014, 03:08 PM
good thread :tu

Ditty
11-14-2014, 03:13 PM
19 game winning streak easily

SpursFan86
11-14-2014, 04:03 PM
It is a great point by op, and observation. Fortunately the spurs don't seem to suffer from the same dropoff in performance on the road that many othet teams do so I think this upcoming schedule bodes well for us. By the way, since the issue of health was brought into the fray on this thread, has anyone seen or heard anything regarding Splitter's prognosis, recovery time, return date, etc???? If it's been posted already, than I missed it, sorry. I'm interested in seeing what Baynes will do with the minutes, and unlike allot of posters here, I don't think he's a scrubatall. But, with tiago, the team really seems to click on both ends. Thanks guys, and thanks for the good thread op. GSG

Apparently he got his back checked out and everything looked fine. No word on when he'll return (he's for sure missing the rest of this road trip), but hopefully he can get back on the court somewhat soon. He looked really good in that brief stint against Atlanta.

dabom
11-14-2014, 04:33 PM
good thread :tu

The quality of the threads lately has been shit. This thread gets a :tu from me too.

dabom
11-14-2014, 04:34 PM
19 game winning streak easily

Number 1 in the league. :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Holy shit :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Good thread

EVAY
11-14-2014, 04:48 PM
I'd love to see a record of better than 12-5 over this stretch, but I will be happy if we have that record plus a healthy squad of everybody but Patty by that point.

dabom
11-14-2014, 04:50 PM
This is also good for Kawhi. Let him have a go at these B team squads knowing we're going to win even if he plays like shit. Growing pains.

Blue Duck
11-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the update SF86.

wildchild
11-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the update SF86.

TampaDude
11-15-2014, 07:37 PM
17-0 unless Pop tanks some games.

hater
11-25-2014, 07:26 PM
@ LAL
@ Sacramento (2nd night of b2b)
Philadelphia
@ Cleveland
@ Minnesota
Brooklyn (2nd night of b2b)
Indiana
Sacramento
@ Boston
@ Philadelphia (2nd night of b2b)
@ Brooklyn
@ Memphis
Minnesota
@ Utah
New York (2nd night of b2b)
LAL
@ Denver

That's a month-long stretch where we play...what, 2 playoff teams? I don't really count Brooklyn because they wouldn't sniff the playoffs if they were in the West. Having a stretch that long and easy is rare considering we're not only in an extremely tough conference, but also the toughest division in basketball.

It's nice that we're having this stretch now while Mills/Splitter are out and the team is still a bit rusty. We could very well win 13 or 14, maybe even 15, of those 17 games despite not being at full strength. Then we can get to hear about how we're just beating up on inferior teams :rolleyes

@ Sacramento (2nd night of b2b) L
Philadelphia W
@ Cleveland W
@ Minnesota W
Brooklyn (2nd night of b2b) W
Indiana W
Sacramento W (possible L but we need to take revenge on DeCousins imo :pctoss)
@ Boston W
@ Philadelphia (2nd night of b2b) W
@ Brooklyn W
@ Memphis L
Minnesota W
@ Utah L
New York (2nd night of b2b) W
LAL W
@ Denver W

even if we lose to Memphis we realistically should not lose more than 3 games in this stretch IMO

save an injury or total collapse we should hope to be atop 3 in the West after this stretch. anything less is a FAIL

SpursFan86
11-26-2014, 12:43 AM
It'd be nice if we only lost 1 game. Because right after Denver (last game of the stretch I initially made this topic about)...

@ Portland (b2b)
Memphis
Portland
@ Dallas (b2b)
LAC
OKC (at least one of KD/Westbrook will be back by then, probably both)
@ New Orleans (b2b)
Houston
@ Memphis
New Orleans (b2b)
Washington

That is an absurd stretch right there. I really hope we at least have Splitter back by then.

in2deep
11-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Wow what a crap schedule