PDA

View Full Version : ex spurs coach Brett Brown is 0-8 and just lost a game by 53 points

hater
11-14-2014, 11:53 AM
WTF?? what an embarrassment for the spurs organization! :pctoss

100%duncan
11-14-2014, 11:53 AM
He has Wrotten as his best player though :lol

hater
11-14-2014, 11:55 AM
The 76ers have been outscored by 143 points in their first eight games -- that's the third-worst combined margin through eight games in NBA history.

The Sixers have now lost 40 of their past 44 games dating back to Jan. 31 of last season.

:wow

Dex
11-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Brett Brown must have some pretty dirty evidence on somebody in the Sixers org to make them buy his 3-year tanking plan.

Juggity
11-14-2014, 11:56 AM
you realize they're tanking right? Losing games is literally the strategy they set out to pursue.

Mission accomplished.

hater
11-14-2014, 11:57 AM
you realize they're tanking right? Losing games is literally the strategy they set out to pursue.

Mission accomplished.

but why make it so obvious??

spurraider21
11-14-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't get it. Is their plan to have Noel, Embiid, and Okafor? Redundant

100%duncan
11-14-2014, 12:00 PM

Mission accomplished.

They suck. They are not tanking, they have been tanking since forever.

Mr Bones
11-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Gotta admit though, I am excited to see Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel play together some day.

hater
11-14-2014, 12:05 PM
trading Holiday for a guy with a Torn ACL...

Juggity
11-14-2014, 12:06 PM
They suck. They are not tanking, they have been tanking since forever.

The fact that they suck is a product of their tanking — they intentionally filled the roster with trash so they can suck and then obtain more assets in the draft. The last place you want to be in the NBA is a fringe playoff team and non-contender.

They have a few promising pieces. Once they get a few more promising pieces, they'll dump the trash on the roster and starting filling it out with veterans and role players.

wildcardX
11-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Wow, it's bad enough for the fans that their team is consistently losing but by 53 points? Doesn't seem like they're putting up much of a fight.

FireMicoHalili
11-14-2014, 12:40 PM
this is good for both Brown's and Hinkie's job security. Ownership is onboard with it, and I don't see fans blatantly complaining. Other teams' league execs are calling foul, but it's totally legal, and some systems just really have loopholes and are open to abuse. I'm not sure Hinkie will ever get a job if the plan goes awry, but Brown is sure to get a job elsewhere just because he's from Pop's coaching tree. He's a D-League coach making NBA Head Coach money, on a five-year contract, so that's a pretty sweet deal. Going to be a long season though.

Slutter McGee
11-14-2014, 12:46 PM
this is good for both Brown's and Hinkie's job security. Ownership is onboard with it, and I don't see fans blatantly complaining. Other teams' league execs are calling foul, but it's totally legal, and some systems have loopholes and are open to abuse. I'm not sure Hinkie will ever get a job if the plan goes awry, but Brown is sure to get a job elsewhere just because he's from Pop's coaching tree. He's a D-League coach making NBA Head Coach money, on a five-year contract.

Thank you. All these idiots in the thread saying its Brown's fault when it was Hinkie. And the Sixer's (fairly new?) ownership is completely behind it. Frankly, Hinkie has pulled off some masterful trades. They have ton's of assets, including Embiid, who ain't playing this year, and Saric overseas. Noel was out all of last year, so he is going to take sometime. I wouldn't be surprised if even MCW gets traded (only if they get a ton for him).

:lol that this some how Brown's fault. Nobody expects him to win. Player development is all the Sixer's want from him right now.

Slutter McGee

DrunkTXLabrat
11-14-2014, 01:05 PM

Good point. they're gonna face a tough decision.

Silver&Black
11-14-2014, 01:08 PM
It's all part of his bigger plan....

CIA Brown

8FOR!3
11-14-2014, 01:08 PM

This is what I don't understand. I don't even see how Nerlens Noel and Joel Embiid should be on the court at the same time. Maybe this year they trade the #1.

Aztecfan03
11-14-2014, 01:16 PM

Not to mention Dario Saric, or would he be a tall SF in the NBA like Durant? THey could possibly trade the pick or a really good guard might emerge.

Aztecfan03
11-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Thank you. All these idiots in the thread saying its Brown's fault when it was Hinkie. And the Sixer's (fairly new?) ownership is completely behind it. Frankly, Hinkie has pulled off some masterful trades. They have ton's of assets, including Embiid, who ain't playing this year, and Saric overseas. Noel was out all of last year, so he is going to take sometime. I wouldn't be surprised if even MCW gets traded (only if they get a ton for him).

:lol that this some how Brown's fault. Nobody expects him to win. Player development is all the Sixer's want from him right now.

Slutter McGee

WHy is MCW 3rd on the PG depth chart? injury or something?

Slutter McGee
11-14-2014, 01:20 PM
WHy is MCW 3rd on the PG depth chart? injury or something?

He was injured, but I think he just came back.

testies
11-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Wait so they think that with another top3 pick, plus Embiid and Noel they will suddenly not be shit? Its not like they are getting Durant or Garnett here

Mal
11-14-2014, 02:11 PM
He cant do shit with this roster. It`s another season of this, so maybe he dont care.

hater
11-14-2014, 02:58 PM
this is good for both Brown's and Hinkie's job security. Ownership is onboard with it, and I don't see fans blatantly complaining. Other teams' league execs are calling foul, but it's totally legal, and some systems just really have loopholes and are open to abuse. I'm not sure Hinkie will ever get a job if the plan goes awry, but Brown is sure to get a job elsewhere just because he's from Pop's coaching tree. He's a D-League coach making NBA Head Coach money, on a five-year contract, so that's a pretty sweet deal. Going to be a long season though.

well I'm not sure if he was faking or not, But Brett Brown looked like he was about to cry after the Dallas game

He's a damn good actor if he's faking :wow

hater
11-14-2014, 02:59 PM
tbh her facial expression was worse than She Whom Shall Not Be Named's (jamon)

cjw
11-14-2014, 06:58 PM
five-year contract

This is what's key. No chance he would have signed there on a shorter deal knowing what he was getting into with the franchise. If any former Spurs coach should be worried about his job security (now that Mike Brown is done as a head coach in the league), it's Jacque Vaughn.

exstatic
11-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Brett Brown must have some pretty dirty evidence on somebody in the Sixers org to make them buy his 3-year tanking plan.

It's not his plan. Remember how long it took to negotiate his contract? He insisted on 5 years because he knew what Hinkie was doing, and didn't want to be let go before things got good.

Mel_13
11-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Brown's contract was for 4 years, fully guaranteed.

Seventyniner
11-14-2014, 09:55 PM
It's not his plan. Remember how long it took to negotiate his contract? He insisted on 5 years because he knew what Hinkie was doing, and didn't want to be let go before things got good.

Brown's contract was for 4 years, fully guaranteed.

At this rate 4 years will pass before the Sixers even sniff 35 wins.

100%duncan
11-15-2014, 06:40 AM
The fact that they suck is a product of their tanking — they intentionally filled the roster with trash so they can suck and then obtain more assets in the draft. The last place you want to be in the NBA is a fringe playoff team and non-contender.

They have a few promising pieces. Once they get a few more promising pieces, they'll dump the trash on the roster and starting filling it out with veterans and role players.
They have been tanking for years. They plain suck, how many fkn top picks does a team need?

Srsly a team with a Tony Wrotten as their best player is bound to suck

kobyz
11-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Maybe their first win will come next game...

TheCerebral1
11-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Look at their roster, Williams is out and their best player is an undersized rookie big. Tell me you wouldn't get dominated.

hyhy
11-15-2014, 09:54 AM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/michael-carter-williams-dont-talk-to-me-about-tanking/
Picture this: Two grown men sitting on a couch in the middle of the day with protein shakes in hand, watching Ellen and abiding by only one rule: no sports talk. For most of last season, this was my escape. Now, after our 0-7 start this year, and me being hurt and unable to help my team, it’s my escape again.
Losing sucks. I don’t care how much money you make or what stats you put up. If you’re competitive enough to make it to the NBA, losing is absolutely brutal. If it’s a night game, you get home around midnight and your mind is racing. It’s almost impossible to sleep. You keep visualizing every game-changing play, trying to figure out what you could’ve done better. You beat yourself up. You try not to look at your texts. If SportsCenter comes on, it only makes you mad.
Every guy in the league deals with losing in his own way. Some come home, turn on the Xbox and try to get revenge on NBA 2K. The vets might watch a movie with the kids or jump in the hyperbaric chamber. The more progressive guys are turning to meditation and yoga.
I’m too impatient for that stuff. For me, it’s all about Ellen. I just think she’s awesome. So every weekday at 4 p.m., my stepfather and I pause the basketball talk, grab some snacks and watch The Ellen Degeneres Show. It might sound funny, but this is one of the ways I’m able to get away from the frustration of losing. Last winter, when we went on a near-historic losing streak, I was not a fun guy to be around.
Grown men are going to go out and purposely mail it in for a one-in-four shot at drafting somebody who might someday take their job? Nope.

In the middle of the playoff race, a race we were decidedly not in, it seemed like the entire media spotlight was on us. And trust me, I get it. We had lost 26 games in a row. Of course, our roster had lost a combined 200-plus games to injury and we had used more than 20 different players in the lineup since opening night. That didn’t seem to be a part of the conversation. All anybody was talking about was “tanking.”
We knew it was going to be a circus when ESPN flew in Stephen A. Smith to Philadelphia for the 27th game against Detroit. In the locker room before shootaround, we got swarmed by reporters. You could barely move around the room. Somebody actually asked, “So how does it feel to be a part of the most losing team in NBA history?” Which was really funny because we hadn’t even played the game yet. Everybody just expected us to lose and set the record.
Here’s the thing: I can understand why the media seized onto the story. My problem is that it was missing a lot of context. We didn’t even have the worst record in the league at the time, but the average person watching on TV probably didn’t know that. The media spin was that we were tanking the season so we could get the number one draft pick. Now, let’s break that down for a minute.
First of all, there’s a lottery system. As players, we all know the math. The last place team only has a 25 percent chance of winning the lottery. Grown men are going to go out and purposely mail it in for a one-in-four shot at drafting somebody who might someday take their job? Nope.
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/MCW_Inline_Quote_Image.jpg
And then there’s the hype surrounding the No. 1 pick. Even before the season started,TankingForWiggins.com (http://www.tankingforwiggins.com/) was a real thing. Once the narrative picks up, it’s over. We wished we could come out and say how ridiculous it was for people to think the players were tanking when there were guys on the team playing for their livelihood, but that only would’ve made it worse.
Nobody took the losses harder than we did. We deserved plenty of criticism, but we all put in too much work to be treated like a joke.
I seriously live basketball and I don’t take it for granted that I made it to this level. This entire summer, I spent hours face down on the trainers’ table getting my shoulder stretched to regain full range of motion. Some of the stretches are excruciating even without an injury. When physical therapy was over, I’d sprint up and down hills with an altitude mask strapped to my face looking like Bane fromBatman. Try doing 10 sets of hills with hardly any air. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. All that hill work was just so I could get back to the court as soon as humanly possible.
So please don’t tell me I’m on the Chillin’ List (http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-sixers-attempted-trade-michael-carter-williams/).
In order to get to the NBA, you have to be crazy, over-the-top competitive. When I was riding the bench my freshman year at Syracuse, I used to stay in the gym so late doing dribbling drills that I had to superglue my fingers to stop them from bleeding.
You can question my shooting. You can question my ceiling. Just don’t question if I’m giving my all every single night. Don’t talk to me about tanking.
The media creates this narrative and repeats it over and over. That’s how Stephen A. Smith ends up in our locker room with a big smile on his face. I’m not picking on him. I know he’s playing a character. He knows he’s playing a character. But what happens when we break the streak by going out and beating Detroit that night? Now it’s another story. After the game, a lot of the reporters didn’t even stick around. The ones that did weren’t prepared. They didn’t ask us about the specifics of the game. They made up questions on the spot, like, “Uh, hey, you guys won … so how do you feel?”
We weren’t the story anymore. They were on to the next thing. Stephen A. didn’t really stick around. I guess he had a plane to catch. Believe me, I’m going to do everything in my power to make sure he doesn’t come back for the same reason.

MICHAEL CARTER-WILLIAMS / CONTRIBUTING EDITOR
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/MCW_Athlete_Signature_Black.png