PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Article: Kobe jealous of the Spurs' longevity

jdiggy0424
11-14-2014, 03:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11875566/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-envious-continuity-san-antonio-spurs

Good read for a short article. I personally would have loved to see a rematch of the 2008 NBA Playoffs. That series left a sour taste in my mouth for a couple of years.

peacemaker885
11-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Black Mamba deserves better.

Spur|n|Austin
11-14-2014, 05:01 PM

The situation in LA is mostly Kobe's fault. His ego was too big to take a pay cut and now they have a team full of scrubs playing next to him.

Juggity
11-14-2014, 05:06 PM

The self-styled "Black Mamba" deserves exactly what he's getting. He's directly responsible for the team's financial situation, and thus directly responsible for their inability to sign marquee free agents. His increasingly poor reputation as a teammate also feeds into the Lakers' inability to attract free agents.

letmk
11-14-2014, 05:23 PM
The situation in LA is mostly Kobe's fault. His ego was too big to take a pay cut and now they have a team full of scrubs playing next to him.

The issue goes way deeper than his fat contract. Forget about free agents from other teams, his own teammates Howard and Gasol took big pay cut to leave LA.

Spur|n|Austin
11-14-2014, 05:26 PM
The issue goes way deeper than his fat contract. Forget about free agents from other teams, his own teammates Howard and Gasol took big pay cut to leave LA.

Agreed, that's why I said mostly, his reputation as a selfish teammate is pretty obvious. All the while, I love watching the burning dumpster he's created.

UZER
11-14-2014, 05:28 PM

People blaming all the Lakers problems on the contract are letting Kobe off to easy.

baseline bum
11-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Snitch with the revisionist history bads. Nigga ran Shaq out of town, ran Howard out of town, ran Gasol out of town, and wonders why no one good wants to play with his washed up ass?