PDA

View Full Version : Who is that man wearing number 1 for the Spurs?

Malik Hairston
11-15-2014, 12:38 AM
Who is that man with the massive, Peyton Manning-like forehead, tbh?..

He seems pretty bad at basketball:lol..

Mel_13
11-15-2014, 12:39 AM
Future Austin Spur.

Dre_7
11-15-2014, 01:46 AM
I don't know, but I think he played his college ball at Cal.

Splits
11-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Just wearing the number of FGs he's hit on the season...

Arcadian
11-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Future Austin Spur.

Austin Toro?

Aztecfan03
11-15-2014, 02:30 AM
Austin Toro?

THe Toros became the Spurs I think.

testies
11-15-2014, 02:46 AM
where is the "worst case scenario : Boris Diaw" retard?

Uriel
11-15-2014, 02:49 AM
The guy's a rookie. Give him a break. :lol He got good shots, just couldn't get them to fall.

Malik Hairston
11-15-2014, 03:50 AM
^^:lol it's a joke thread, tbh, just looking for something to discuss after that boring game..

He is really raw, though..

Baam
11-15-2014, 04:18 AM
He's actually the opposite of raw, his shot is just not faliing.

Prime Time
11-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Just throwing this out there, but rookie Diaw averaged 1.3ppg/2.8rpg/1.0apg in his first 4 games. And he was playing 15 minutes a game (Anderson is averaging 14) tbh.

Malik Hairston
11-15-2014, 04:55 AM
He's actually the opposite of raw, his shot is just not faliing.

He looks really slow and awkward/uncomfortable, tbh..

I hope he's raw, because if not, then :lol..

I'm not down on him, he barely has any experience, I'm just saying it doesn't look like he's anywhere near ready for real minutes IMO..

Robz4000
11-15-2014, 05:06 AM
He's slow, but he already knows the offense tbh. If he can fix his shot I think he can be a rotational piece by the end of the season.

SupremeGuy
11-15-2014, 05:33 AM
I think he's doing good so far, tbh. Just needs to work on his shot. His defense has actually been better than I expected.

Bartleby
11-15-2014, 09:29 AM
He was looking pretty comfortable bringing the ball up the floor last night (while CoJo was also out there), and he wasn't a bad shooter in college. Makes me wonder if Chip has been working with him to rebuild his shot.

exstatic
11-15-2014, 09:33 AM
He looks really slow and awkward/uncomfortable, tbh..

I hope he's raw, because if not, then :lol..

I'm not down on him, he barely has any experience, I'm just saying it doesn't look like he's anywhere near ready for real minutes IMO..

He's 20, and plays an old man's game. He's not athletically gifted, he just plays with pace and deliberation. I'm sure Pop thought he was doing him a solid by giving him minutes in both LA games, but he was probably nervous playing in front of UCLA fans.

Sean seems really sold on him. He said that there were only two players the Spurs drafted that got him up off the couch yelling during the draft boradcast. One was Tim, and the other one was Slow Mo. He says it will be a couple of years, though, but that he will be VERY good.

SupremeGuy
11-15-2014, 09:38 AM
He's 20, and plays an old man's game. He's not athletically gifted, he just plays with pace and deliberation. I'm sure Pop thought he was doing him a solid by giving him minutes in both LA games, but he was probably nervous playing in front of UCLA fans.

Sean seems really sold on him. He said that there were only two players the Spurs drafted that got him up off the couch yelling during the draft boradcast. One was Tim, and the other one was Slow Mo. He says it will be a couple of years, though, but that he will be VERY good.Yeah, when he said that I was like "really Sean?" But ok. Fuck it, let's go Slow Mo!

CP48107
11-15-2014, 09:56 AM
:rollin

hyhy
11-15-2014, 10:06 AM

Same as the number of FGs kobe hit this game

hyhy
11-15-2014, 10:07 AM
I think that Chip is fixing his shot. And usually when you are fixing your shot, you will go into a shooting slump because you are used to your old shot, while your brain tells you that you need to shoot the new way, and it all gets jumbled up thats why your shot will be off. Thats why alot of players cant fix their shots, because when this happens, they think that their old shot is better, and they revert back to it.

jeebus
11-15-2014, 10:26 AM
The slomo moniker was cute during the offseason but being slow as fuck with a fat dome against NBA players is painful to watch.

100%duncan
11-15-2014, 10:28 AM
The slomo moniker was cute during the offseason but being slow as fuck with a fat dome against NBA players is painful to watch.

Truth bomb. Dude is really slow tbh, hope he pans out though

apalisoc_9
11-15-2014, 11:33 AM
I like the kid...

He looks raws, but he reminds me a lot of Kawhi in his rookie year in terms of just playing within his limits...

Dre_7
11-15-2014, 11:45 AM
I think he is going to be good. Seems to know the offense. He will only improve.

Richie
11-15-2014, 11:57 AM
He'll have no problem at this level on offence, I just don't see him being able to defend NBA quality wings. Get him to add 30lbs and put him in the post and he'll excel.

Brazil
11-15-2014, 12:03 PM
where is the "worst case scenario : Boris Diaw" retard?

And the he is the new Manu :lol

DesignatedT
11-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Very young and raw but y'all can give up on him since spurstalk knows all about basketball.

wildcardX
11-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I like that he's getting some playing time. He probably will spend some time in Austin for more consistent PT. The coaching staff maybe wants to work more closely with him on his defense, shooting, and where he can be most effective on the floor.

kaji157
11-15-2014, 12:21 PM
The guy is getting some playing time with 7 games into the season, so he must have achieved something or Pop would still be playing only A. Daye.
With Pop in the beginning is not about how many shots you can make but about how you can play within the system and add to it.
He seems more worried about being in the right place than making the shot. And for me it is the right thing to do for him now. We don´t need anything from him yet.

4down
11-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Its November what and the immediate results are in.... the rookie sucks, Manu and TP suck. everyone sucks, Pop is dumb and RC is dumber. Why oh why did we trade Paul George.

lol raw.

dude is bizzaro kawhi

Dex
11-15-2014, 12:40 PM
His defense has been better than I expected, tbh. He's not lockdown by any means...but he uses his length and height deceptively well, especially on the recovery.

He's also shown the passing ability that he was known for in college, and drew him all the Boris Jr. comparisons. His shot has been off the few times he's seen the floor consistently, but that's not unexpected for a rookie who rarely gets his number called.

Frankly, if he's gonna stick in the league, he's got a lot of work to do on his jump shot, but I still like what I've seen from him so far.

Mel_13
11-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Anderson was back in Los Angeles this week as the Spurs faced the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday, and the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. Anderson only played a collective 18 minutes in the two games, but that is expected for a rookie on a contending team filled with future Hall-of-Famers and veterans. For now, Anderson is happy to work on improving his overall game and focusing on the things that Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich demands from each player.

“Just with everybody from the top guy all the way down to the rookie, it starts on defense,” said Anderson. “He can’t stress that enough, that its starts with transition defense. So when I’m in practice or wherever I can help, I just come in with that focus; getting stops, transition defense, and that will lead to good offense.

“Just being able to knock down open shots, speed up my game and lose that methodical pace. Try to speed up my game a little more and be able to knock down open shots really, and make the extra pass.”

When asked why he needed to pick up the pace, Anderson acknowledged the concerns that scouts had and still have about his game.

“Well it’s just a different level up here, the shot clock, guys who are much stronger than you, guys who are faster; it’s a different level,” Anderson said. “I may not get away with that [pace], so it’s something I wanted to work on, something they wanted me to work on, and I’ve been working on it so I’m pretty happy with where I am.”

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-saturday-kyle-anderson-feels-fortunate-to-be-a-spur/

Dex
11-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Anderson was back in Los Angeles this week as the Spurs faced the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday, and the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. Anderson only played a collective 18 minutes in the two games, but that is expected for a rookie on a contending team filled with future Hall-of-Famers and veterans. For now, Anderson is happy to work on improving his overall game and focusing on the things that Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich demands from each player.

“Just with everybody from the top guy all the way down to the rookie, it starts on defense,” said Anderson. “He can’t stress that enough, that its starts with transition defense. So when I’m in practice or wherever I can help, I just come in with that focus; getting stops, transition defense, and that will lead to good offense.

“Just being able to knock down open shots, speed up my game and lose that methodical pace. Try to speed up my game a little more and be able to knock down open shots really, and make the extra pass.”

When asked why he needed to pick up the pace, Anderson acknowledged the concerns that scouts had and still have about his game.

“Well it’s just a different level up here, the shot clock, guys who are much stronger than you, guys who are faster; it’s a different level,” Anderson said. “I may not get away with that [pace], so it’s something I wanted to work on, something they wanted me to work on, and I’ve been working on it so I’m pretty happy with where I am.”

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-saturday-kyle-anderson-feels-fortunate-to-be-a-spur/

At least he gets it.

I still expect KA to be a good player in two-three years. He has the instincts, he just needs to fine-tune the abilities. He's like the opposite of Ian Mahinmi in that regard.

Mel_13
11-15-2014, 01:12 PM
At least he gets it.

I still expect KA to be a good player in two-three years. He has the instincts, he just needs to fine-tune the abilities. He's like the opposite of Ian Mahinmi in that regard.

I agree, which is I why I expect he'll spend considerable time in Austin after Beli comes back. He needs extended game time and he's not going to get that with the big club.

BatManu20
11-15-2014, 01:26 PM
EVERYONE RELAX SLOWMO IS THE NEXT GREAT SPUR FUTURE HALL OF FAMER AND FINALS MVP WILL SHOW EVERYONE OF YOU ONE DAY WHEN HES GOAT MARK MY WORDS PRAISE ALLAH

xmas1997
11-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Sean thinks he will be a top candidate for ROTY.

superbigtime
11-15-2014, 04:15 PM
is he slow, or just deliberate.

objective
11-15-2014, 04:30 PM
He moves and shoots how I imagine Mr Burns would on a court.

Still, I've been satisfied to see him play instead of Marco, and thrilled to see him instead of Daye. Other than his terrible shooting, he's been okay, good enough to not hurt the team at least.

tmtcsc
11-15-2014, 04:38 PM
I think he'd take that one back right about now.

Solid D
11-15-2014, 04:43 PM
I like the kid...

He looks raws, but he reminds me a lot of Kawhi in his rookie year in terms of just playing within his limits...

The very air that you breathe reminds you of Kawhi.

tmtcsc
11-15-2014, 04:46 PM
or just deliberately slow?

https://martelljt.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/token.jpg?w=304&h=335 + http://www.ridemonkey.com/data/avatars/l/108/108079.jpg?1395412528 = http://bruinbru.com/images/Basketball_Recruiting_News/basketball_article_images/Anderson_K_350.gif

spurraider21
11-15-2014, 05:35 PM
It's all going to start with him knocking down his wide open looks... That'll open up a nice pump and drive game where his creativity will shine, just like Boris does when he catches it beyond the arc

wildbill2u
11-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Their guards/forwards went past him like his shoes were nailed to the floor. Remember the time when he was on a break and a Laker caught him by his jersey? I think SloMo just was in his way and he was trying to avoid a rear-end collision. He should have just ran past him and waited for Anderson to chug down the court.

HI-FI
11-15-2014, 09:08 PM
It's all going to start with him knocking down his wide open looks... That'll open up a nice pump and drive game where his creativity will shine, just like Boris does when he catches it beyond the arc
cosigned.

i still like the pick.

spurraider21
11-15-2014, 09:10 PM
cosigned.

i still like the pick.
i don't think they wanted to draft an american kid... given how saturated the roster/rotation was coming in, i think they wanted to go with a euro-stash guy, but didn't expect KA to fall.

nobody besides xmas was expecting much out of this guy year 1. he's been whiffing on quality looks though

Hemotivo
11-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Who is that man with the massive, Peyton Manning-like forehead, tbh?..

He seems pretty bad at basketball:lol..

the best player the spurs drafted in years

he's gonna be amazing

he will own the nba

HI-FI
11-15-2014, 09:19 PM
i don't think they wanted to draft an american kid... given how saturated the roster/rotation was coming in, i think they wanted to go with a euro-stash guy, but didn't expect KA to fall.

nobody besides xmas was expecting much out of this guy year 1. he's been whiffing on quality looks though
i don't worry too much about his jumper, that's most likely nerves and the changes Chip has prescribed. agree that Spurs probably didn't expect him to fall, so even if he doesn't pan out I think it was a smart move.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Once everyone returns from injury, he'll go to Austin. When he comes back, he'll turn a lot of heads.

beirmeistr
11-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Come on, manu, wake up the spurs

z0sa
11-15-2014, 11:08 PM
You cant tell much about the potential of a vast majority of players in their first year of Pop's system. That goes doubly for rookies.

playblair
12-10-2014, 10:12 PM
harlem wrong take again ...................... green/cojo/baynes/daye/anderson................................

TheGreatYacht
12-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Good bump :lol

Malik Hairston
12-10-2014, 10:34 PM
:lol he's so bad, tbh..

He reminds me a lot of Luke Walton IMO..

FkLA
12-10-2014, 10:49 PM
:lol he's so bad, tbh..

He reminds me a lot of Luke Walton IMO..

:lol That comparison is spot on. Painfully slow, can't shoot for shit and lauded for his passing/court vision.

Malik Hairston
12-10-2014, 10:52 PM
:lol That comparison is spot on. Painfully slow, can't shoot for shit and lauded for his passing/court vision.

They have the same body, too..

Anderson has a better wingspan and is more athletic, but Walton was a better shooter..

Bartleby
12-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Anderson looked solid tonight. His shot was falling and he made some great passes. Obviously there isn't really anything he can do about his lack of speed, but he was able to use his length to get some steals and boards.

GSH
12-11-2014, 12:26 AM
If his NBA career doesn't work out... I think there's a re-make in his future.

http://www.chez106.com/files/clint-old.jpghttp://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/383/assets/K5H_0219sb3Anderson.jpg

Unless the ballet comes calling first:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAUQjBw48QQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.miamiherald.com%2Fsports%2Fnb a%2Fmiami-heat%2Fnnysdw%2Fpicture3026458%2Falternates%2FFREE _960%2FHeat%2520Spurs%2520Basektball&ei=lSiJVJzFNcq3ogSMsYLwCA&psig=AFQjCNEBUvTD9ORiA6eAYdCXgl3cjtfZUw&ust=1418361365973178