PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Could Ron Artest bring the Lakers back?

Fabbs
11-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Could Artest help the Lakers to evolve into a team with a winning % of over 20%?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/17/article-2062514-0ED4586A00000578-580_634x556.jpg

Fabbs
12-01-2014, 12:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/D7nmF.png

Thread
12-01-2014, 01:03 PM
That shot still grates on ya, eh?

& Pierce, the fool flinched. tee, hee.

Thread
12-01-2014, 01:04 PM
& Pierce, his pants, still be on fire.

& Ainge, oh, my, my, my he was pissed. But, Media gave him a break, let him be. Nice cozy corporation there.

Fabbs
12-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Bump it up.
Your bag is coming.

Thread
12-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Bump it up.
Your bag is coming.

No way, Fabbs. I put it in Texas and its staying there, uh, gd, it.

Thread
12-01-2014, 01:45 PM
And it's a dirty shame that Artest never got his due from Media. They grudged & grudge it to this day. If he'd a failed that day 17 June 2010 they'd a crucified him all over again, but, the fact that he delivered on a Bryant assist just galled & galls Media no end.

It was a great human story of man overcoming his demons, finding his salvation and displaying a boundless measure of humility that was so amazing.

I will take that presser to the grave.

ElNono
12-01-2014, 01:49 PM
^ Phil doesn't get enough credit for reining in Metta, tbh... I thought getting him to take his meds was one of his best jobs ever...

Killakobe81
12-01-2014, 01:54 PM
And it's a dirty shame that Artest never got his due from Media. They grudged & grudge it to this day. If he'd a failed that day 17 June 2010 they'd a crucified him all over again, but, the fact that he delivered on a Bryant assist just galled & galls Media no end.

It was a great human story of man overcoming his demons, finding his salvation and displaying a boundless measure of humility that was so amazing.

I will take that presser to the grave.

Ron was amazing in that game but even better after ... "he passed me the ball!" He never passes me the ball!!"

Late in the second half he started to move the ball and attack and pass and still was Kobe Bryant, and he trusted us and made us feel so good and he passed me the ball. He never passes me the ball, and he passed me the ball. Kobe passed me the ball, and I shot a three. ...(Phil)He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone, you can hear him in your head, "Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot," whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though.
Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/artest-finals-interview-061710.shtml#4Ro0mqPAtZH6136I.99

Artest, just awesome... best Lakers presser ever.

Thread
12-01-2014, 01:57 PM
^ Phil doesn't get enough credit for reining in Metta, tbh... I thought getting him to take his meds was one of his best jobs ever...

Still has nothing to do with that presser. That was all Artest. There was no Media-prep there. None of that "Let's move forward shit." that everyone uses when they rape, pillage, whatnot. No, he went back, all the way back and confessed to cowardice on national broadcast television in front of his wife and parents who stared him down with a passionless countenance that told you they were as ignorant of his intent as Media was that night.

Ron Artest

Thread
12-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Artest, just awesome... best Lakers presser ever.

Absolutely.

midnightpulp
12-01-2014, 01:58 PM
& Pierce, his pants, still be on fire.

& Ainge, oh, my, my, my he was pissed. But, Media gave him a break, let him be. Nice cozy corporation there.

Living in the past, eh?

Killakobe81
12-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Still has nothing to do with that presser. That was all Artest. There was no Media-prep there. None of that "Let's move forward shit." that everyone uses when they rape, pillage, whatnot. No, he went back, all the way back and confessed to cowardice on national broadcast television in front of his wife and parents who stared him down with a passionless countenance that told you they were as ignorant of his intent as Media was that night.

Ron Artest

and the beauty was it was raw emotion to admitting how much he relies on his therapist Dr. Santi to demanding the media on laptops pay atttention to his "Wheaties moment" I have never been prouder of a Laker in a moment after a game ...he seized his moment on the court and after. Many lament losing Ariza but I will take that moment plus 16 over Rza (who I love) we NEEDED Artest, Pierce ...was a PROBLEM we needed handled.

Killakobe81
12-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Living in the past, eh?

You have to Mid, all jokes aside. if you cant savor those what is the point of all this? I get you guys are focused on repeating but hoping y'all enjoy the end because you know though many try to sweep it aside that 6 hurt and cut deep. getting 5 was beautiful as 6 was crushing. Enjoy em while you can ...because you could face some shitty seasons after Timmy and Pop.

m>s
12-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Retard hit one lucky shot in his entire career that even I would have knocked down, big deal

ElNono
You have to Mid, all jokes aside. if you cant savor those what is the point of all this? I get you guys are focused on repeating but hoping y'all enjoy the end because you know though many try to sweep it aside that 6 hurt and cut deep. getting 5 was beautiful as 6 was crushing. Enjoy em while you can ...because you could face some shitty seasons after Timmy and Pop.

You get the feeling upstairs most dudes have no idea what they're watching, tbh... how quickly and easy it all goes away...

Not me though... about to leave for a long drive to Philly, go watch the last few games of this exceptional team and era...

Thread
and the beauty was it was raw emotion to admitting how much he relies on his therapist Dr. Santi to demanding the media on laptops pay atttention to his "Wheaties moment" I have never been prouder of a Laker in a moment after a game ...he seized his moment on the court and after.

Yes, on all accounts. It was a beautiful moment. There was no hesitation, there was no notes, no teleprompters, no staging. It came from the heart, from a life that was laid in waste. He didn't have to go back to that night in Detroit and the aftermath, but, he did, because HE had to.

I get a lump in my throat every time I think of it.

Thread
12-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Retard hit one lucky shot in his entire career that even I would have knocked down, big deal

But, yet, when you appealed to me the other night about what your title meant I applied the choker chain to the dogs and put 'em inside and permitted you to cry in peace. Me, I did that because you asked, >. And because nobody ever took the dogs inside when I beseeched them such.

AlexJones
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
But, yet, when you appealed to me the other night about what your title meant I applied the choker chain to the dogs and put 'em inside and permitted you to cry in peace. Me, I did that because you asked, >. And because nobody ever took the dogs inside when I beseeched them such.

Take your meds old fuck

Thread
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
You get the feeling upstairs most dudes have no idea what they're watching, tbh... how quickly and easy it all goes away...

Not me though... about to leave for a long drive to Philly, go watch the last few games of this exceptional team and era...

- "Just remember, whatever you put in your head, stays there."

- "Poppa" - "The Road"

midnightpulp
12-01-2014, 02:12 PM

You're talking to a Raiders fan, remember? :lol

m>s
12-01-2014, 02:21 PM
But, yet, when you appealed to me the other night about what your title meant I applied the choker chain to the dogs and put 'em inside and permitted you to cry in peace. Me, I did that because you asked, >. And because nobody ever took the dogs inside when I beseeched them such.ok I will give you and Ron your alone time in peace

Thread
12-01-2014, 02:26 PM
ok I will give you and Ron your alone time in peace

And frankly, I didn't even consider your "breakdown" at that moment. I thought about just coming right back over the top, but, a subconscious act on my part took place and I walked away and permitted you your moment, your peace. Then later that night I thought about it, about you and what you'd gone through what it had cost you and it came to me what I'd done subconsciously. And I was proud of myself.

Killakobe81
12-01-2014, 02:43 PM
You're talking to a Raiders fan, remember? :lol

Man I was back when they were in LA (cowboys fan after my old man's team) Rams too ... going to the Coliseum (a dump) was great times. some of the homies followed them with their loyalty to Oakland , I could not. Saw Raider fans chuck batteries at Chiefs fans not AA or AAA but the D batteries from radios ... but sometimes no radios just brought as weapons of fan destruction.

I hope that is not us for THAT long ... oustside the SB run with Gruden and Gannon Raiders have been really bad. As a Cowboys fan I complain but 3 8-8 seasons would be cause for celebration in Raider nation right now ...

Killakobe81
12-01-2014, 02:47 PM

you could say it was no big deal but it was for all the marbles, on the biggest stage facing the franchise lone true rival ...it would be like Vince's 3 last year except add it would be in game 7 closing out the Spurs but instead of winning a playoff game it ends in a title. It was THAT big.

Thread
12-01-2014, 03:47 PM
you could say it was no big deal but it was for all the marbles, on the biggest stage facing the franchise lone true rival ...it would be like Vince's 3 last year except add it would be in game 7 closing out the Spurs but instead of winning a playoff game it ends in a title. It was THAT big.

Exactly. It's only "no big deal" to the loyal opposition because he made it &&& because Media would not cite it. Media was only interested in Artest failing, Artest going nuts, Artest conspiring to mutiny. They wanted nothing to do with the Artest that came to be. And if Artest had went to them, hat-in-hand and canvassed for their blessing, for their empathy, promising them the story and all it's abundance should it, or, even if it did not pan out they would've used him and the it would have been vulgar and ugly. That he didn't go there is a testament to truth and honor. He had no idea he'd succeed as he did. He went right down the line, straight & true, so that when it did come to full fruition he could stand in the light and break his own soul.

I won't say it again,,,the Hell I won't:::

Ron Artest