PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Pop

hyhy
11-16-2014, 12:51 AM
1) those saying that green should be in instead of parker, parker made a 3.

2) the manu to duncan inbounds play, wasnt supposed to be a duncan iso in the low block. It was supposed to be the play where manu inbound, and backdoor cut for a layup. We did this several times, most notably in the warriors playoffs game in 2013. What happened instead was the defender stuck on to manu, and thats why duncan had to iso because he couldnt pass it back to manu.

3) The manu airball at the end was given to manu because as usual, he may be missing everything but at the end he will hit it. Also, he is the best in our team to shoot a contested step-back three, hardest to guard his shot. However, I think the play was drawn at the wrong side of the court. Asking a left-handed to come out and receive the ball at the left side and turn-around to shoot is so much harder compared to a right-handed coming up at the left side, or a left-handed coming up at the right side.

TheGreatYacht
11-16-2014, 12:53 AM
Manu choke job, tbh

ElNono
11-16-2014, 12:53 AM
okay

DesignatedT
11-16-2014, 12:55 AM
In defense of Pop he has five championships.

T Park
11-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Didn't know Pop needed defending.

midnightpulp
11-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Can't blame Pop for how poor the 3 point shooting has been this year. The offense is generating open looks but the Gutless Worms can't knock 'em down.

TampaDude
11-16-2014, 12:58 AM
In defense of Pop he has five championships.

^ this, tbh

TheGreatYacht
11-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Airball ftw

RD2191
11-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Pop fucked up by putting Parker back in. Bet we win if Cojo stays on the floor.

hommeaetage
11-16-2014, 01:03 AM
The Spurs are allowing 94ppg thus far, that's the good news. The bad news is they are only scoring 94. The offense is nowhere near where it needs to be

MultiTroll
11-16-2014, 01:12 AM
T Park when you're not oiling up Pop are you still in San Diego much?

hyhy
11-16-2014, 01:27 AM

Well, I saw too many people blaming pop for the Duncan iso at the end that I had to say something

Horse
11-16-2014, 09:54 AM
No one to blame just one of those nights. Yeah they fucked around and they should've won. But the ball was not bouncing their way all while that Dracula look a like and luck chuck collison had all their horseshit falling.

mouse
11-16-2014, 10:05 AM
1) those saying that green should be in instead of parker, parker made a 3.

2) the manu to duncan inbounds play, wasnt supposed to be a duncan iso in the low block. It was supposed to be the play where manu inbound, and backdoor cut for a layup. We did this several times, most notably in the warriors playoffs game in 2013. What happened instead was the defender stuck on to manu, and thats why duncan had to iso because he couldnt pass it back to manu.

3) The manu airball at the end was given to manu because as usual, he may be missing everything but at the end he will hit it. Also, he is the best in our team to shoot a contested step-back three, hardest to guard his shot. However, I think the play was drawn at the wrong side of the court. Asking a left-handed to come out and receive the ball at the left side and turn-around to shoot is so much harder compared to a right-handed coming up at the left side, or a left-handed coming up at the right side.

^ This vato gtes it!

Hemotivo
11-16-2014, 10:32 AM
:tu

littlecoyotecoin
11-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Can't blame Pop for how poor the 3 point shooting has been this year. The offense is generating open looks but the Gutless Worms can't knock 'em down.

Gutless worms take excepted, three point shooting has been one of our biggest problems. I don't think you can call Kawhi a gutless worm, but he was 1/8 from 3. Far from gutless, Manu was 1/7. 2/15 for our most prolific shooters. Bonner only took two in ten minutes. If he is going to be on the floor, he needs to be more of a threat. He is run off the line easily, but his teammates might be able to do a better job of getting him the ball sometimes, as well. Passing sooner, crisper, and maybe slightly more often. For Boris, too. I don't know that I like Kawhi trying to shoot himself out of a slump from 3 during a close game. 8 attempts from three is getting close to chucker territory. Sometimes you take what the defense is giving, but you also gotta draw the line somewhere. If that stat-line is 1/10, etc, it starts to become less of a grey area. This isn't his first 1/8 night, recently. String together too many of them and I don't care that it's not 1/10. Time permitting, get someone else involved.

Boris took one shot.

It's team-wide, though. Belli started preseason 0/11, and didn't improve much after making his first one. Now injured. No Patty. Manu has been bad, not just this game. It's not Cojo's strength. In Daye's ~60 minutes, he's been bad. Anderson, too. Danny started very poorly as well, and has only recently seemed to warm a little.

Anyone that is a three point threat, has not been much of a three point threat.

Hopefully, offensive flow will return, and with the balls arriving in proper space and time, shooting percentage corrects itself. Other than this, and working with Chip, there's little you can do. It is difficult to believe that we won't regress toward the mean, which in this case is upwards.

Mr Bones
11-16-2014, 01:23 PM
The idea that a hall of fame coach who is constantly lauded by basketball greats as the best coach in the nba needs defending: :lol

T Park
11-16-2014, 03:40 PM
T Park when you're not oiling up Pop are you still in San Diego much?

Only in San Diego for a month. Back in god's country.