PDA

View Full Version : Game Grades Spurs vs. Kings.

apalisoc_9
11-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Kawhi Leonard

- I was expecting a bounce back game from kawhi last night after only playing 19 minutes against the lakers because of an Injury and foul trouble but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Offensively, he decided to take threes rather than his sweet dribble pull up twos that's like 99% accurate which resulted in 1-8 Field goal from the three point line. The thing is though, he still shoot 50% from the field..Just bad choices offensively. Defensively, this is probably the poorest I've seen from him in the last 12 months. Final Grade C

Tony Parker

- This was one game where Tony should have not hesitated and took control, not to take shots away from Kawhi, but just use a screen instead of posting up Duncan all the time. offensively, he was mediocre and looked like an average to below average player..Defensively, he played better last night than he did against the lakers but was still poor..Tiago needs to come back ASAP to cover his ass in the PnR. Final Grade C

Tim Duncan

- People hate on me, but truth be told it's high time people realize that timmy doesn't have enough strength nor speed to be efficient in the post. He is still a good scorer out of a screen and he does find himself open every now and then but Timmy posting up a PF or a C should be the days of the past. Offensively, he was poor and stagnated the offense again, similar to what happened in last four games. Defensively, his timing is still Elite and he cover ground. his PnR was poor but that's expected when you lose speed..Calling out Tiago Splitter. Final Grade -C

Manu Ginobili

- Manu was surprisingly active last night..Which was a good thing and a bad thing. I thought he rubbed positive energy with the second unit, but his energy also translated to horrible decision making in the offense from Bricking three's to forcing two's..Defensively, I liked his effort. Manu was in the game though and looked focus, Good effort. just made some bad decisions. Final Grade B

Boris Diaw

- Diaw is getting back in rhythm now. He made his three ball, and shot 3-6 from the field. Offensively, he did the right things. His biggest contribution last night was in the rebounding department. Defensively, there was nothing special about him but he held his ground..Final Grade B

Danny Green

- One of danny's better games this season. Offensively, he hit his shots..and just looked like a more confident player out there. Come to think of it, Danny's been shooting longer three's the last 2 games and been hitting them :lol..I guess if the defender is going to close on you till the three point line might as well get a step or two back from the three point line and shoot. Defensively, he covered kawhi when kawhi was in potential foul trouble..Good effort from Danny last night. Final Grade +B

Cory Joseph

- The biggest fear a lot of people had about cory about and his game after his good game in Golden state that it might just be one of those good nights..Well, last night he looked shit. He contributed nothing in offensive end and I honestly didn't really notice him that much last night despite playing 15 minutes. Final Grade D

Aaron Baynes

- Remember when people thought he could replace tiago :lol..HIs shooting was poor, his screens was poor and his rebounding is an issue. truth be told, he is only really good at offensive putbacks and taking charges..those were non-existent yesterday so he contributed nothing. Final Grade -D

Matt Bonner

- The good news, he is finally hitting his three's. he really has been so poor the last 8 games shooting wise I have no idea why teams don't just leave them out there and let him shoot the team out of the game. :lol But he made his shot last night and did his job offensively. Defensively, demarcus destroyed him but you can't fault him for that tbh. Final Grade B

Jeff Ayres

- He played last night. Final Grade F

When you lose by three points to a team that's playing motivated basketball..with your Two best player in Tony and kawhi playing poor, without your best defensive big and MVPatty.You're in Good shape IMO.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-16-2014, 01:24 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/applause.gif thanks for the great write up big bro

eric365
11-16-2014, 02:04 PM
I was expecting an A+ for Kawhi :lol

FlAVaK
11-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Thx, appreciated :toast

r0drig0lac
11-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Kawhi does not receive an A +? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

spurraider21
11-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Tim has his moments in the post. just ask Ibaka

BackHome
11-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Good grades I think we played a decent game being a back to back but we still should have won. It drove me crazy watching Baynes getting his shit rejected I lost count of how many times his shot was blocked.

Cry Havoc
11-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the write-up. :tu

Budkin
11-16-2014, 04:09 PM
:lol Errors

SpurPadre
11-16-2014, 05:27 PM
I was at the game and agree with almost everything except for Bonner. It continues to amaze me how much of a fuck up he is yet gets a free pass by the fans just 'cuz.

milkyway21
11-16-2014, 05:57 PM
:huh seriously ???

timvp, where R U :depressed

TDomination
11-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the grades!

:lol @ Ayers grade

wildchild
11-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks apalisoc_9!

Defensively, this is probably the poorest I've seen from him in the last 12 months.
I read the ElNoNo thread, too. Nobody has mentioned how good was Leonard defensively in the last plays of the game. One of the most notable was Gay tried iso against Kawhi with remaining 1:10 in the fourth quarter and he defended extremely well.

but truth be told it's high time people realize that timmy doesn't have enough strength nor speed to be efficient in the post.
IMO It's too early to affirm that, I expect he'll improve throughout the course of the regular season.

ElNono
11-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the writeup :tu