PDA

View Full Version : Will my house survive Katrina?

2pac
08-28-2005, 02:15 PM
The house is two blocks from the levy seperating NO and Lake Ponchatrain.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2005, 02:16 PM
You're not there, right?

Houston?

MannyIsGod
08-28-2005, 02:19 PM
You made a poll out of this? WTF? I don't understand you people sometimes.

2pac
08-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Its really my grandma's house - I spent all my summers there.

I am in Houston.

Grandma drove my aunt and cousin to Jackson, Ms yesterday.

I will be driving to NO later this week.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Dude, bad bull. Lots of people are going to lose a lot more than their houses tonight.

Sense
08-28-2005, 02:42 PM
You made a poll out of this? WTF? I don't understand you people sometimes.

I think he wants to accept it early...for if it happens.

2pac
08-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Dude, bad bull. Lots of people are going to lose a lot more than their houses tonight.

Half my family lives in NO. I understand whats gonna happen there.

My uncle's house is on a bayou in Slidell, but he build it up so only storage is on the first floor. He has about 5 feet of height from the typical water level to the ground floor.

My labor day weekend will be spent in NO working on destruction. I dont think its bad bull to try to take destruction with a smile.

Is this thead anymore bad bull than starting a thread titled: FAREWELL NEW ORLEANS?

Sense
08-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Let's just hope you're all wrong and that nothing that severe happens.

T Park
08-28-2005, 02:51 PM
While being a serious situation, I have to admit, this did add some humor....

ChumpDumper
08-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Whatever you have to do to prepare - post anythng you like. That Harrah's bit was funny.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, the Harrah's thing was funny, I'll give you that.

spurschick
08-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I represent Manu well in the Spursforum

:cuss :cuss :cuss Okay, that's it, I can't take it anymore!!!

Manu Ginobili is a thoughtful, responsible, kind and considerate human being and would never dream of showing the disrespect that you have on this forum... not even in jest. I do not know the man, but I would bet all the money I have in the world that he would say you do not represent him at all. Yes, people joke around here all the time, but you have taken it to a level that is completely unnecessary and often offensive. Among the many differences between you and everyone in this forum is that you wish hateful things on those that give you shit, but we don't wish such things on you. We just wish you would go away and take your attitude, fictional or not, somewhere else.

Jimcs50
08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Hope so.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 06:19 PM

Manu Ginobili is a thoughtful, responsible, kind and considerate human being and would never dream of showing the disrespect that you have on this forum... not even in jest. I do not know the man, but I would bet all the money I have in the world that he would say you do not represent him at all. Yes, people joke around here all the time, but you have taken it to a level that is completely unnecessary and often offensive. Among the many differences between you and everyone in this forum is that you wish hateful things on those that give you shit, but we don't wish such things on you. We just wish you would go away and take your attitude, fictional or not, somewhere else.
Right on. I am cool with GiG but I must admit he is a dick to a lot of posters.

KEDA
08-28-2005, 06:23 PM
well said Spurschick!

missmyzte
08-28-2005, 07:02 PM

I think I must be missing something ... where did this come from??

2pac
08-28-2005, 07:04 PM
All of GiG's posts on here were deleted. He was being his typical jackass self.

missmyzte
08-28-2005, 07:08 PM
^^ Gotcha, thanks.

Sense
08-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I think the second page also got deleted, I'm thinking it was maybe TIMVP he tends to stop any bullshit going on.

Which is cool.

SPARKY
08-28-2005, 07:11 PM
The Mississippi coast is going to be worked over as well. I have family all along the coast, from Bay St. Louis to Gulfport to Pascagoula. A number rode out Camile but this bastard is going to be worse, even with landfall being in LA.

During Camile some of my family were in a house about 2 miles inland. They felt the house literally rising up and down.

Of course, the Mississippi coast is above sea level, or at least at a higher elevation than most of LA. This hurricane is going to make Camile look like child's play.

For those of you in Austin-SA, just be glad you don't have to deal with this shit. Hurricanes are somewhat unpredictable and it isn't exactly easy being able to pinpoint when you should leave and when you should not. And it's definitely not easy evacuating.

2pac
08-29-2005, 12:01 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1600+Killdeer+St,+New+Orleans,+LA+70122&spn=0.017861,0.029680&t=k&hl=en

This is where I grew up.

There is no 1600 Killdeer, so if yall wanted to be psycho stalkers, no joy for you.

The house to the right of the two red roofs is Emeril Lagasse's House.

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 12:03 AM
I put Yes to give you hope...