PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Reggie Jackson proves he is not a starter

Stabula
11-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Game on the line you can go for a quick 2 or a 3 to tie with 16 seconds on the clock. First of all if you go for the 3 you do it at the buzzer to prevent the other team from having an opportunity to score again and second if you go for the 3 you don't shoot it contested at the top of the key when you have time to do something, anything else. Reggie Jackson's value just dive-bombed.

AussieFanKurt
11-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Somehow I doubt one play at the end of a game without their stars dive bombs his value... stupid play though

Malik Hairston
11-16-2014, 09:47 PM
OP is a proven shitty poster, tbh..

FkLA
11-16-2014, 09:48 PM
No.

Stabula
11-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Reggie Jackson wants to be an NBA starter and right now has the opportunity to prove that he can be more than a spark off the bench. Tonight he proved again he can't make the right play in the clutch against a fool's gold team like the Rockets. That play was harder to watch than Lebron's together commercial

Silver&Black
11-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Game on the line you can go for a quick 2 or a 3 to tie with 16 seconds on the clock. First of all if you go for the 3 you do it at the buzzer to prevent the other team from having an opportunity to score again and second if you go for the 3 you don't shoot it contested at the top of the key when you have time to do something, anything else. Reggie Jackson's value just dive-bombed.

Wow...dumb people talking basketball.

1st of all...the "First of all if you go for the 3 you do it at the buzzer to prevent the other team from having an opportunity to score again" is beyond retarded.

If you're losing the game (and you decide to go for 3 and the tie)...you take the quickest (as long as it's a decent look) 3 point attempt you can get. That way you at least have a chance at a long offensive board. The clock and the other team having another opportunity to score means absolutely nothing.....

I've seen games where a team misses the first two threes....but they got both offensive rebounds....then nail the 3rd three-pointer to tie the game.

Bottom line...don't wait till the buzzer.

100%duncan
11-16-2014, 10:03 PM
lol if you intend to go for a 3 you need to do it the at the soonest and best possible opportunity so that it gives you room for error incase it misses, and it makes your shot more unpredictable. total opposite of what you were saying.

I hate that fkin faggot but what you are saying is just wrong :lol

Stabula
11-16-2014, 10:06 PM
If you're going for a quick shot you go for the quick 2, you don't chuck up a contested 3. This is what happens. If you're going for a 3 you're taking a big risk on a lower % shot and you need to set yourself up for it which takes time. OKC didn't have the shooters to snipe a contested 3 with the game on the line and Reggie Jackson was obviously not the person to do so. If you miss the 3 all the opponent has to do is rebound and make one free throw and the game is done.

Silver&Black
11-16-2014, 10:07 PM
lol if you intend to go for a 3 you need to do it the at the soonest and best possible opportunity so that it gives you room for error incase it misses, and it makes your shot more unpredictable. total opposite of what you were saying.

I hate that fkin faggot but what you are saying is just wrong :lol

That's exactly what I said in the previous post....

Don't you love it when morons like the OP talk about basketball strategies?

AussieFanKurt
11-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Dude is averaging 22 PPG and 8 APG along with 4 RPG... how is he not a starter... fuck me dead what a shit thread

Silver&Black
11-16-2014, 10:11 PM
If you miss the 3 all the opponent has to do is rebound and make one free throw and the game is done.

Have you ever heard of an offensive rebound???...I mean they happen every single night.

FkLA
11-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Is Stabula dumbjohn2oo8's troll ?

Silver&Black
11-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Is Stabula dumbjohn2oo8's troll ?

Even dumbjohn knows not to wait till the buzzer to shoot a 3 when your team is down by 3. Hold on....I may need a second to think the previous sentence over.

100%duncan
11-16-2014, 10:29 PM
It's not even bball strategy just common sense tbh

Seventyniner
11-16-2014, 10:35 PM
I've seen games where a team misses the first two threes....but they got both offensive rebounds....then nail the 3rd three-pointer to tie the game.

Subtle game 6 salt in the wound.

Silver&Black
11-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Subtle game 6 salt in the wound.

LOL....never even thought about 6. But I apologize for re-opening the wound.

cd021
11-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Dude is averaging 22 PPG and 8 APG along with 4 RPG... how is he not a starter... fuck me dead what a shit thread

Shooting percentage isn't terrible either. He could stand to improve his 3pt % (30%), then again he has worked on it but it hasn't shown. Needs to get to the line more to compensate. Only 5.5 in 42 mpg.

He could definitely be a starter in the NBA. Problem with him is half the league already has above average PGs or recently drafted 1's that are still developing into starting caliber players. The Pacers would be an interesting fit. If they could get rid of George Hills contract (without taking back salary for next season) they could have around $10 million to offer him in RFA, depending on the cap.

DMC
11-17-2014, 01:49 AM
Nah, he's a bench guy and he's roasted the Spurs time and again, right down the middle. That buys him a shit ton of looks from the other franchises, and Pop probably loves the guy since he's attracted to people who destroy us.

DMC
11-17-2014, 01:50 AM
Shooting percentage isn't terrible either. He could stand to improve his 3pt % (30%), then again he has worked on it but it hasn't shown. Needs to get to the line more to compensate. Only 5.5 in 42 mpg.

He could definitely be a starter in the NBA. Problem with him is half the league already has above average PGs or recently drafted 1's that are still developing into starting caliber players. The Pacers would be an interesting fit. If they could get rid of George Hills contract (without taking back salary for next season) they could have around $10 million to offer him in RFA, depending on the cap.
I'd take Hill first. He's a passing PG. You don't need a retarded version of Westbrook on a team full of scorers.

ElNono
11-17-2014, 02:22 AM
ugh, how can I unopen this thread?

sook
11-17-2014, 03:25 AM
that was a classic WB shot he chucked up :lol