PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Is Kobe this dumb, or is he purposely doing this to send a message to the FO?

RsxPiimp
11-17-2014, 01:01 PM
I've already lost some of my respect for Kobe with the way he handled the Dwight situation, and I'm ready to admit I lost whatever is left with the way he's playing this year.

Is Kobe really trying to win the scoring title regardless of percentage? I mean, the past 8 games has been very hard for me as a Laker fan. It's not even fun anymore. I don't mind losing at this point, but the way we're losing is just painful to watch. Kobe is totally embarrassing the Laker nation. I never wish for any injury on any player but somehow I wish Kobe's career ends now. It was a great 17 years, but it's to move on Bean.

So, is this guy really this dumb (which I doubt) or is he purposely shooting this much to send a message that this roster ain't cutting it? Or maybe he's just delusional?

Don't explain to me how the Lakers are not going to win anyway, strapped financially etc... I'm aware of that. I just want to hear your opinion about why Kobe is treating the entire team like crap, totally ignoring anyone from the Coach to the players on the floor.

benefactor
11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
They only reason Kobe has left to play basketball is to chase Jordan.

Thread
11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
They only reason Kobe has left to play basketball is to chase Jordan.

Then, barring a black list he's gonna light out after the other two like the last two pork chops on the plate.

ElNono
11-17-2014, 01:21 PM
I've already lost some of my respect for Kobe with the way he handled the Dwight situation, and I'm ready to admit I lost whatever is left with the way he's playing this year.

Is Kobe really trying to win the scoring title regardless of percentage? I mean, the past 8 games has been very hard for me as a Laker fan. It's not even fun anymore. I don't mind losing at this point, but the way we're losing is just painful to watch. Kobe is totally embarrassing the Laker nation. I never wish for any injury on any player but somehow I wish Kobe's career ends now. It was a great 17 years, but it's to move on Bean.

So, is this guy really this dumb (which I doubt) or is he purposely shooting this much to send a message that this roster ain't cutting it? Or maybe he's just delusional?

Don't explain to me how the Lakers are not going to win anyway, strapped financially etc... I'm aware of that. I just want to hear your opinion about why Kobe is treating the entire team like crap, totally ignoring anyone from the Coach to the players on the floor.

:lol He sent a message when he hustled Jimbo out of the $48.5m... that move symbolized more than just money. I don't get Lakerfan that are "surprised" now that the product is this bad, tbh...

StrengthAndHonor
11-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Some of you guys are really overreacting at this point. He's coming back from a career ending injury at the tender age of 36 in his 19th season. Could he shoot better? I don't think so. He's missing even easy ones. This is not all on him. Their front office has been tremendously incompetent building the team. Giving away draft picks, not relying on analytics for their personnel moves and mismanaging the ever important cap space are the worst offenders and is why the Lakers are in this position.

Byron Scott shouldn't be a coach in this day and age. What did they do? They hired him since he has a strong Laker connection. Dumb. Jordan Hill for $9 million, Nick Young for the MLE, Kobe for $48.5... I can go on, but the proof is hard to refute.

Buddy Mignon
11-17-2014, 01:32 PM
As long as he catches Jeffrey I'm good.

DPG21920
11-17-2014, 01:32 PM

Roster not going to cut it? He knows the reason the roster won't cut it and it's because he's a greedy chucker. He didn't want to go through the rigors of winning and all that preperation. He wanted to get paid as much as he can, get the scoring title on the Lakers dime and chase selfish pursuits.

The roster won't cut it because he wouldn't accept the reality of the situation and because he'd rather stat pad than win at this point of his career. Pretty simple.

DPG21920
11-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Some of you guys are really overreacting at this point. He's coming back from a career ending injury at the tender age of 36 in his 19th season. Could he shoot better? I don't think so. He's missing even easy ones. This is not all on him. Their front office has been tremendously incompetent building the team. Giving away draft picks, not relying on analytics for their personnel moves and mismanaging the ever important cap space are the worst offenders and is why the Lakers are in this position.

Byron Scott shouldn't be a coach in this day and age. What did they do? They hired him since he has a strong Laker connection. Dumb. Jordan Hill for $9 million, Nick Young for the MLE, Kobe for $48.5... I can go on, but the proof is hard to refute.

Blaming the front office more than Kobe :lmao Lakers were worse last year talent wise and still won more games.

spurraider21
11-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Then, barring a black list he's gonna light out after the other two like the last two pork chops on the plate.
Only 2 things matter, and that ain't one of em

Donkeybong
11-17-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm a Kobe apologist and honestly I can't stand how Kobe is playing this year. It's the most selfish basketball I've ever seen. I don't see how anyone can defend the way he's playing now. I agree with OP, it's not even fun to watch. I know a lot of hardcore Laker fans, including myself, aren't even interested in watching the games anymore.

The only explanation I have for such shitty play is that Kobe wants to guarantee a top 3 pick for next year so Phoenix doesn't sniff that pick and give the team a more legitimate shot of making some noise next year.

DPG21920
11-17-2014, 01:52 PM
:lol ^ at thinking Kobe cares about LA's future at all. That's not even an Inception-style planted thought in Kobe's decision making.

Donkeybong
11-17-2014, 02:03 PM
:lol ^ at thinking Kobe cares about LA's future at all. That's not even an Inception-style planted thought in Kobe's decision making.

It was the only rationalization with a positive spin I could think of. Likelihood of being true: 0.2%

Sportstudi
11-17-2014, 02:23 PM

He's completely obsessed with passing Jordan this season and maybe Malone and Kareem in the next years. That's all what he cares about. No matter how, even by shooting 35% for the rest of his career and being on a lottery team during that time.

spurraider21
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
:lol can anybody on this board imagine Duncan doing anything like this?

StrengthAndHonor
11-17-2014, 03:23 PM
In 5-10 years, nobody will remember this season even mattered in Kobe's career.

Killakobe81
11-17-2014, 03:29 PM

Valid points. I get the Nash and Howard moves even if both failed they went all in while Jerry was expiring ...but this year's team is a tank of epic proportions.

i also am not enjoying Kobe's chucking at least in previous seasons you could argue that he felt it was the best way to win. Now it comes off as wellif I cant win I might as well chase the scoring title. By % this is the least amount of Laker games I have watched. I havent watched a full 48 yet and have only watched half of the games or even 3 querters when even last year I watched 75% ...

TWC/Kobe etc will probably push for a panic deal to salvage some respect out of a shitty season I prefer we tank and come back with some moves next year. Season is done. A Josh smith, Greg Monroe, Rondo type trade wont save it ...

Malik Hairston
11-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Kobe's playing horrific basketball, but I applaud it, tbh..

- One of the worst rosters in NBA history, they never had a chance to even sniff the playoffs in the West

- Lakers signed Kobe to a massive contract as a win-win for both parties..Lakers' end the relationship with one of the 3 greatest Lakers of all-time on a good note, while Kobe gets to chase Jordan's points mark

- Lakers tank and keep their pick, while Kobe still draws fans and sells tickets

What's the point of playing team-oriented basketball, at this point?..they aren't going to win games, regardless, that roster is embarrassing, and the coach belongs in the 90s..who wants to watch a Lakers team going for the 10th or 11th seed with Jeremy Lin running pick&rolls with Carlos Boozer?:lmao..

Whether you're a Kobe fan, or whether you enjoy watching him fail, his presence is drawing interest from fans and media everywhere, tbh..all of us are tuning in to watch Kobe play basketball..

If Kobe wasn't playing like he is now, the Lakers would be one of the 3 least interesting teams in the NBA IMO..do any of you actually think the Lakers' organization would be content with being a completely uninteresting team?..

Raven
11-17-2014, 03:38 PM
In 5-10 years, nobody will remember this season even mattered in Kobe's career.

he's consistently playing his way out of the top 20 all time though.. if it lasts a few more season it will be though to even call him a top 30

Malik Hairston
11-17-2014, 03:40 PM
^^:lol no, tbh..

Kobe is a top 10 all-time player, he's cemented IMO..top 12-13, at worst..

Koolaid_Man
11-17-2014, 03:48 PM

You Cheer for a FAGGOT..So SHUT THA FUCK UP!!!! None of that shit you posted makes any sense at all...especially from a basketball perspective...it all lacks perspective...

Killakobe81
11-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Kobe's playing horrific basketball, but I applaud it, tbh..

- One of the worst rosters in NBA history, they never had a chance to even sniff the playoffs in the West

- Lakers signed Kobe to a massive contract as a win-win for both parties..Lakers' end the relationship with one of the 3 greatest Lakers of all-time on a good note, while Kobe gets to chase Jordan's points mark

- Lakers tank and keep their pick, while Kobe still draws fans and sells tickets

What's the point of playing team-oriented basketball, at this point?..they aren't going to win games, regardless, that roster is embarrassing, and the coach belongs in the 90s..who wants to watch a Lakers team going for the 10th or 11th seed with Jeremy Lin running pick&rolls with Carlos Boozer?:lmao..

Whether you're a Kobe fan, or whether you enjoy watching him fail, his presence is drawing interest from fans and media everywhere, tbh..all of us are tuning in to watch Kobe play basketball..

If Kobe wasn't playing like he is now, the Lakers would be one of the 3 least interesting teams in the NBA IMO..do any of you actually think the Lakers' organization would be content with being a completely uninteresting team?..

EXACTLY agree. Amb and others are trying to act like Byron instituting a pass 4 times before you shoot HS type rule will make this team play any better. The roster is shit Kobe is past his prime ...I cant believe people are blaming Byron. Riles couldnt win with this roster either ...

AlexJones
11-17-2014, 03:53 PM
^^:lol no, tbh..

Kobe is a top 10 all-time player, he's cemented IMO..top 12-13, at worst..

Well he's good enough to be top 5. I'm not sure how anyone can take any of those Bill Russells, O-Robs, Hakeems, Aids and Kareems seriously.

Killakobe81
11-17-2014, 03:54 PM
he's consistently playing his way out of the top 20 all time though.. if it lasts a few more season it will be though to even call him a top 30

That is pretty dumb. Harlem has shat on Kobe plenty and even he doesnt buy that. Great players are rarely judged by the end ... you think Jeter will be remembered for last year or the injury plagued one before?

Raven
11-17-2014, 04:06 PM
That is pretty dumb. Harlem has shat on Kobe plenty and even he doesnt buy that. Great players are rarely judged by the end ... you think Jeter will be remembered for last year or the injury plagued one before?

i don't care what harlem says tbh, kobe is not a top 10 player and it's not even close, considering how much he is being exposed the last few years, his whole career achievements have to be revised. Players like Parker and Manu could have the last laugh tbh

Cry Havoc
11-17-2014, 04:14 PM

Jeter didn't single-handedly torpedo the Yankees, but I agree, Kobe's legacy is pretty much set. He certainly could be imposing his own glass ceiling right now, though. It may not sink his career but it will definitely will buff the rosy tint right off it when it's looked back on decades later.

Killakobe81
11-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Jeter didn't single-handedly torpedo the Yankees, but I agree, Kobe's legacy is pretty much set. He certainly could be imposing his own glass ceiling right now, though. It may not sink his career but it will definitely will buff the rosy tint right off it when it's looked back on decades later.

Of course it does not help ...

I wont bother responding to Raven but fact of the matter is there are 3 players Duncan, Kobe and Lebron who will definitely be in the top 10 ...
And Dirk and KG who are arguably in the next 10.

KG looking done or Kobe launching bricks wont change that ...

Lebron and Duncan are arguably top 5

Kobe next 5

Dirk the 5 after that ...

and KG the 5 after Dirk

spurraider21
11-17-2014, 04:18 PM
He's not dumb he's just sociopathic

StrengthAndHonor
11-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Fans are finicky in general and the "What have you done lately?" attitude has been embedded among sports fans for decades so it's not a surprise.

I agree with Malik, Kobe's position has been cemented in the Top 10 range. I thought by 2010, it was pretty much a consensus actually. What he's about to do in 2014-15 will hardly affect his position. Advance metrics will play a larger role sooner or later though and this will pull Kobe's ranking a bit lower (putting him in the 12-14 range) but the narrative for Kobe's legacy has been written years ago and he will be celebrated, like it or not by pundits when he hangs them up.

ambchang
11-17-2014, 04:24 PM
EXACTLY agree. Amb and others are trying to act like Byron instituting a pass 4 times before you shoot HS type rule will make this team play any better. The roster is shit Kobe is past his prime ...I cant believe people are blaming Byron. Riles couldnt win with this roster either ...

It will make the lakers better. They still won't make the playoffs, but they will develop the younger talent, create a competitive culture, and can possibly attract some big name FA once Kobe is gone. M

What the lakers are doing now is an assault to professional basketball.

benstanfield
11-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Question: How can you maintain your status as one of the most talked about franchises that is followed and quoted constantly in the media, while tanking and still sucking bad enough to get two top 5 picks in a row?

Answer: The Lakers 2014 offseason

The 2016-2017 Lakers will have three top ten picks (probably two top 5) and two max players. Kobe is just a fall guy, and he fits the role perfectly.

Clipper Nation
11-17-2014, 04:32 PM
In 5-10 years, Kirby nut-lickers will try to pretend that this season never even mattered in Kirby's career.

fify

Cry Havoc
11-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Of course it does not help ...

I wont bother responding to Raven but fact of the matter is there are 3 players Duncan, Kobe and Lebron who will definitely be in the top 10 ...
And Dirk and KG who are arguably in the next 10.

KG looking done or Kobe launching bricks wont change that ...

Lebron and Duncan are arguably top 5

Kobe next 5

Dirk the 5 after that ...

and KG the 5 after Dirk

I can't see putting Duncan any lower than 5th. Title contender every year for 16 years, 5 rings, and always around 18-11 production numbers is just absurd.

LeBron could surpass him and go as high as he wants but he's got a longer road right now than I expected. I'd put him about 7th-8th on that list, but he's moving up.

Kobe I have no higher than 9th and you could make an argument for as low as 13th, mostly due to his questionable leadership qualities.

Dirk and KG are interesting. Part of me wants to put KG higher even though I hate the dude, just because he was a two way monster in nearly the same vein as Duncan. Dirk is among the greatest offensive players ever but did have defensive struggles.

Raven
11-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Fans are finicky in general and the "What have you done lately?" attitude has been embedded among sports fans for decades so it's not a surprise.

I agree with Malik, Kobe's position has been cemented in the Top 10 range. I thought by 2010, it was pretty much a consensus actually. What he's about to do in 2014-15 will hardly affect his position. Advance metrics will play a larger role sooner or later though and this will pull Kobe's ranking a bit lower (putting him in the 12-14 range) but the narrative for Kobe's legacy has been written years ago and he will be celebrated, like it or not by pundits when he hangs them up.

well if he keeps shooting 30/game with .35% or so, i doubt anyone will seriously consider his points total as anything worthy of respect and all of his titles will have a star on them.. I mean if you consider him just a player that was carried to titles (which is what he is) then the amount of players that gave much more to the game really multiplies.

ElNono
11-17-2014, 04:51 PM
This is the one instance where Kirbs didn't follow DK footsteps, and it could be costly, tbh...

When DK was done, he went to a low-life franchise in the Wiz to chuck up and basically play rec-league basketball... low exposure, he kept his loyal Bullsfan swearing by him, minimal to no damage to the Bulls, and the Wizards were already shit... that's why most people don't hold DK's Wiz years against him.

But this guy has single-handedly been dragging down the franchise for at least the last couple of years, a franchise with perhaps the highest exposure in the league, running top talent off the ballclub telling them he'll teach them how to win (the irony here is inescapable) and forcing the franchise into a rebuild he wants no part of, calling his own fans stupid right in their faces, while taking a solid shit on Dr Buss' legacy (one of the guys that made him).

I don't even buy the money copout. Sure, he made out like a bandit with that contract, but this is a guy that's already set for life, has a great money manager in his wife, and always had great sponsors... IMO, he just made a terrible decision, legacy-wise...

StrengthAndHonor
11-17-2014, 05:07 PM
well if he keeps shooting 30/game with .35% or so, i doubt anyone will seriously consider his points total as anything worthy of respect and all of his titles will have a star on them.. I mean if you consider him just a player that was carried to titles (which is what he is) then the amount of players that gave much more to the game really multiplies.

I don't disagree with this. 35% and a projected a career worst 48% TS would have to be accounted for but not enough to merit a huge drop in ranking. It's one season afterall. You can't justify the carrying the title narrative. He did win 2 Final MVP's. I mean for fans like you and me, it's debatable but no one will dare bring this in the media which has a far more greater impact in the grand scheme of things.

There's a reason why most of us don't view great players under a different light despite of absolute lows and struggles at the tail end part of their careers ( Olajuwon, Barkley, Malone, Bird etc) and it's because the best years of their respective careers are often the reflection of their legacies.

Raven
11-17-2014, 05:16 PM
I don't disagree with this. 35% and a projected a career worst 48% TS would have to be accounted for but not enough to merit a huge drop in ranking. It's one season afterall. You can't justify the carrying the title narrative. He did win 2 Final MVP's. I mean for fans like you and me, it's debatable but no one will dare bring this in the media which has a far more greater impact in the grand scheme of things.

There's a reason why most of us don't view great players under a different light despite of absolute lows and struggles at the tail end part of their careers ( Olajuwon, Barkley, Malone, Bird etc) and it's because the best years of their respective careers are often the reflection of their legacies.

i was speaking on the premise that it would last for more than just this season.. i mean right now kobe is a player that has 0 playoff appereances without a top 2 big.. that's gotta count for something tbh..

DPG21920
11-17-2014, 05:19 PM
This is the one instance where Kirbs didn't follow DK footsteps, and it could be costly, tbh...

When DK was done, he went to a low-life franchise in the Wiz to chuck up and basically play rec-league basketball... low exposure, he kept his loyal Bullsfan swearing by him, minimal to no damage to the Bulls, and the Wizards were already shit... that's why most people don't hold DK's Wiz years against him.

But this guy has single-handedly been dragging down the franchise for at least the last couple of years, a franchise with perhaps the highest exposure in the league, running top talent off the ballclub telling them he'll teach them how to win (the irony here is inescapable) and forcing the franchise into a rebuild he wants no part of, calling his own fans stupid right in their faces, while taking a solid shit on Dr Buss' legacy (one of the guys that made him).

I don't even buy the money copout. Sure, he made out like a bandit with that contract, but this is a guy that's already set for life, has a great money manager in his wife, and always had great sponsors... IMO, he just made a terrible decision, legacy-wise...

Agreed. DK at least had great advanced metrics to support him too. Kobe's metrics are fine, but not as good as the eyeball test would have you believe. With the advancement of stats plus the fact Kobe has been dragging down LA for years this does not bode well for him outside of China.

UZER
11-17-2014, 05:40 PM
If the Lakers are gonna suck and Kobe is gonna keep shooting, then why do the other players have pass him the ball? Gotta have 5 on the floor at all times. Just take it one on one yourself, fuck Kobe.

Kobe scores 40 Lakers lose.
Kobe scores 5 Lakers lose.

They others guys should just Chuck every time too. The end result is the same.

unforeseen
11-17-2014, 06:00 PM
As long as Kirby doesn't ring and is stuck at Jordan 6 > Kirby 5

Splits
11-17-2014, 06:56 PM
To the honest Laker fans in this thread, srs question: whats the max tolerable number of years until making the playoffs? I ask because the org has nothing. They've got Randle, a top 5 pick, and two of three first rounders owed to others in the following years. Zero semi-developed players and the same cap space as everyone else in a stacked West.

IMo youre looking at a 5-7 year rebuild, and that's being optimistic. Can LALA land remain a Laker town if the Clips are constantly in the POs while the Lakers are constantly positioning themselves for the lottery? Future is bleak.

diego
11-17-2014, 08:21 PM

I dont think kobe will be able to handle the entire season losing and getting asked every night about his shot attempts. He's too psycho to let his winner identity go, it wont be pretty. the lakers are more reality gossip show than nba team. :lol

spurraider21
11-17-2014, 08:25 PM
To the honest Laker fans in this thread, srs question: whats the max tolerable number of years until making the playoffs? I ask because the org has nothing. They've got Randle, a top 5 pick, and two of three first rounders owed to others in the following years. Zero semi-developed players and the same cap space as everyone else in a stacked West.

IMo youre looking at a 5-7 year rebuild, and that's being optimistic. Can LALA land remain a Laker town if the Clips are constantly in the POs while the Lakers are constantly positioning themselves for the lottery? Future is bleak.
it will be painfully slow, but it also depends if they can lure a FA like Chimp

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2014, 08:26 PM
lol spermfans interested in this faggot

whatever are ur criticisms of this cripple faggot, he just walk it off, like he did when he walked it off in the bathroom

Thread
11-17-2014, 08:40 PM

I got 16 and a heart full of memories that will see me to the grave.

Thread
11-17-2014, 08:40 PM
As long as Kirby doesn't ring and is stuck at Jordan 6 > Kirby 5

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

unforeseen
11-17-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Bend over, I 'll show you a trend setter.

But as long as Kirby doesn't ring, you can set all the trends you want.

RsxPiimp
11-17-2014, 08:50 PM
You Cheer for a FAGGOT..So SHUT THA FUCK UP!!!! None of that shit you posted makes any sense at all...especially from a basketball perspective...it all lacks perspective...

:lmao

You can't be serious.

unforeseen
11-17-2014, 08:53 PM
His brain cells are dead from ingesting AIDS-sperm from faggot Magic.

RsxPiimp
11-17-2014, 08:53 PM

Can't tell. 3 years? Jimbo guaranteed the Lakers will be a contender or he'll step down. So I'm assuming the Lakers goes all out ala 2012 once Kobe's contract is done.

ambchang
11-17-2014, 09:07 PM
The issue about this season (and to an extent the last few seasons) isn't that Kobe sucks because he's finished like bullets Jordan raptors Olajuwon or Seattle Ewing, it's that he's still putting up huge scoring numbers while his team sucks, and his behavior validates a lot of the flaws and criticism over the years, even during his prime.

Him being inefficient and a cancer of a teammate isn't something new, it's just that people lived with it because the team was winning. The team is no longer winning and Kobe is one of the main reasons for it.

Splits
11-17-2014, 10:21 PM
I got 16 and a heart full of memories that will see me to the grave.

I said "honest" Laker fans. Not hackjobs

Thread
11-17-2014, 11:30 PM
I said "honest" Laker fans. Not hackjobs

Must have some redeeming quality...you spent money on me.

Thread
11-17-2014, 11:31 PM
The issue about this season (and to an extent the last few seasons) isn't that Kobe sucks because he's finished like bullets Jordan raptors Olajuwon or Seattle Ewing, it's that he's still putting up huge scoring numbers while his team sucks, and his behavior validates a lot of the flaws and criticism over the years, even during his prime.

Him being inefficient and a cancer of a teammate isn't something new, it's just that people lived with it because the team was winning. The team is no longer winning and Kobe is one of the main reasons for it.

You've no room. You tanked to get that queer Duncan.

Arcadian
11-17-2014, 11:33 PM
He's just not capable of carrying a team to success, and he never was. You're finally realizing it. That's all.

Thread
11-17-2014, 11:35 PM
He's just not capable of carrying a team to success, and he never was. You're finally realizing it. That's all.

25-5-5.

unforeseen
11-18-2014, 12:22 AM
25-5-5.

Bend over, I'll give you a 25-5-5 = 15 incher.

Kidd K
11-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Well he's good enough to be top 5. I'm not sure how anyone can take any of those Bill Russells, O-Robs, Hakeems, Aids and Kareems seriously.

This gets my vote for most ignorant take of the season so far.

mkurts
11-18-2014, 01:12 AM
He is well past his use by date .... but you know the laker people love his jizz, its the volume that counts not the quality you see

Thread
11-18-2014, 07:27 AM
He is well past his use by date .... but you know the laker people love his jizz, its the volume that counts not the quality you see

25-5-5.

Fabbs
11-18-2014, 07:47 AM
http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/files/2011/12/IMPTYVMP029_500.jpg
Prawwwwk prawk. Please attach my bag.

RsxPiimp
11-18-2014, 08:02 AM
:lol He sent a message when he hustled Jimbo out of the $48.5m... that move symbolized more than just money. I don't get Lakerfan that are "surprised" now that the product is this bad, tbh...

Honestly, Im not surprise the product is bad, that wasn't a concern considering the amount of injuries. But coming into this season, Kobe talks about a good game about playing team ball, unity etc, yada yada and I actually bought it. My thinking was, hey the guy is simply going to have fun this season. Fuck I was wrong. I just knew that ESPN ranking bothered him so he's out there proving he can still score. :rolleyes

Thread
11-18-2014, 08:19 AM
My thinking was, hey the guy is simply going to have fun this season. Fuck I was wrong.

No, you were not wrong. (This) is fun to Kobe. Try & stop him and you'll see. tee, hee.

midnightpulp
11-18-2014, 08:21 AM
No, you were not wrong. (This) is fun to Kobe. Try & stop him and you'll see. tee, hee.

Swaggy P might via taking shots away from Kobe.

And he's back tomorrow, Cub!

Thread
11-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Swaggy P might via taking shots away from Kobe.

And he's back tomorrow, Cub!

They'll still be enough to sustain 25-5-5.

jimbo
11-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Laker Nation? :lol

This is Kobe Nation bitch

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 10:08 AM
It will make the lakers better. They still won't make the playoffs, but they will develop the younger talent, create a competitive culture, and can possibly attract some big name FA once Kobe is gone. M

What the lakers are doing now is an assault to professional basketball.

Outside of Clarkson there is no young talent. I agree it would be good to see if Davis Hill and Lin will be useful after this year but truth is there is NO talent to develop ... this team is THAT bad.

hyhy
11-18-2014, 10:10 AM
He is trying to make his "kobe bryant fadeaway highlights" longer than "michael jordan fadeaway highlights".

After everything is said and done, 20years down, nobody watches full games. Everyone watches highlights and they will not see the bricks kobe made

StrengthAndHonor
11-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Outside of Clarkson there is no young talent. I agree it would be good to see if Davis Hill and Lin will be useful after this year but truth is there is NO talent to develop ... this team is THAT bad.
I hear.people hyping Davis, does he have any future with the Lakers?

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 10:33 AM

He is no cornerstone piece. But like he showed with Grrizz last year if he is your 4th or 5th big he definitely has attributes that can be useful to a better team ...to bad we suck. I think if you add him to Clips and use him as 3rd or 4th big with Hawes supporting Jordan and Blake he has great value. When he is your best two way big (like on Lakers) you are screwed. Great shot blocker good defensive instincts. too skinny (though he has gotten stronger) to hold a true big on the low block. Not much of a jump shooter but solid passer great on dives to to the rim in pnr and Ok defending pnr. Good athlete. Team guy.

ambchang
11-18-2014, 10:42 AM

Davis, Hill and Lin are all serviceable players. You make it sound like they are historically horrible, and they are not. Some of the late 90s Mavs and Nuggets, the 80s and 90s Clippers, and the current 76ers are probably worse in talent.

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Davis, Hill and Lin are all serviceable players. You make it sound like they are historically horrible, and they are not. Some of the late 90s Mavs and Nuggets, the 80s and 90s Clippers, and the current 76ers are probably worse in talent.

I disagree on sixers. If you take Kobe out of the equation I would rather have MCW, Wroten and Noel over anyone of the Lakers next best players outside of Randle. And considered both guys are hurt I would probably take embiid over Julius ...

I will take your word that those teams you mentioned were worse. But this is the worst Lakers roster I have ever seen and I have been watching for almostmy whole life. Post Magic Lakers and Post shaq Lakers had more talent than this one Julius's injury sucked the life out of the little talent we do have.

You just want to prop up this shit buffet platter to shit on Kobe. no need his FG% chuck rate etc is plenty of fuel, Amb. Already conceded duncan is greater even before this shit storm, what more do you want?

this team sucks. I know you want to milk the cancer story I dont care this team fucking sucks. And the only thing that matters (not Kobe's legacy or Fredo jokes) is getting a top pick. And this roster is well suited for that Kobe chucking or no ...

RsxPiimp
11-18-2014, 11:19 AM

Yeah, I agree. Not sure if it's just a bad fit or what, but I feel those three can contribute more. Could be the system rather than Kobe tho.

RsxPiimp
11-18-2014, 11:20 AM

Good chance he'll get offered bigger money somewhere else just like any other no name FA who used the Lakers to get exposure and then cash out in FA (Meeks, Ariza (no name then) Earl Clark, Ramon Sessions)

Clipper Nation
11-18-2014, 11:42 AM
The "shit buffet platter" has been -13.7 with Kirby on the court compared to +4.2 without him. Seems to me that the "cancer story" is the truth.

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I agree. Not sure if it's just a bad fit or what, but I feel those three can contribute more. Could be the system rather than Kobe tho.

I think it's both the system and Kobe. I already said those guys are serviceable the those three plus Clarkson (and maybe Swaggy) worth seeing do more ... but they are not stars and none should be a starter on a legit contender.

Kobe and Scott should use them more for selfish reasons, finding out if they have use when we are better.

But again this team sucks, trying to win more games this year is a fool's errand.

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 11:45 AM
The "shit buffet platter" has been -13.7 with Kirby on the court compared to +4.2 without him. Seems to me that the "cancer story" is the truth.

Plus/minus LOL ...
Only useful for lineup combos for individuals pretty stupid since you play with 5 and against 5 others ...

Seventyniner
11-18-2014, 12:02 PM

This appears to be damning but includes a lot of garbage time skew. I wish I could see the on-off numbers for Kobe in the first three quarters. I think they would be much closer.

Thread
11-18-2014, 12:04 PM
This appears to be damning but includes a lot of garbage time skew. I wish I could see the on-off numbers for Kobe in the first three quarters. I think they would be much closer.

LMFAO!!!

RsxPiimp
11-18-2014, 12:13 PM
LMFAO!!!

Bend over Cul

Splits
11-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Plus/minus LOL ...
Only useful for lineup combos for individuals pretty stupid since you play with 5 and against 5 others ...

How's this?
http://i.imgur.com/UPPpaLO.png

Thread
11-18-2014, 12:29 PM
How's this?
http://i.imgur.com/UPPpaLO.png

Boiled down:::25-5-5.

ambchang
11-18-2014, 12:40 PM
I disagree on sixers. If you take Kobe out of the equation I would rather have MCW, Wroten and Noel over anyone of the Lakers next best players outside of Randle. And considered both guys are hurt I would probably take embiid over Julius ...

You can't just take Kobe out as he's part of the roster. it's like saying the 94 Rockets are a horrible team once you take Hakeem out.

So between Kobe and MCW, I will take MCW right now. healthier, younger, more potential.
Embiid and Randle is a wash (one underdeveloped offensively, the other defensively).
Noel has more potential, but as of now, he isn't much better than Davis + Hill.
Wroten and Lin are a wash, with an edge to Wroten.

But from there on down, the 6ers are probably worse from 4 to 15. it's quite a feat, but they really are that bad.

I will take your word that those teams you mentioned were worse. But this is the worst Lakers roster I have ever seen and I have been watching for almostmy whole life. Post Magic Lakers and Post shaq Lakers had more talent than this one Julius's injury sucked the life out of the little talent we do have.

Last year's Lakers were pretty bad. So were last year's 6ers. Actually, last year's 6ers were probably the worst of all time.

You just want to prop up this shit buffet platter to shit on Kobe. no need his FG% chuck rate etc is plenty of fuel, Amb. Already conceded duncan is greater even before this shit storm, what more do you want?

this team sucks. I know you want to milk the cancer story I dont care this team fucking sucks. And the only thing that matters (not Kobe's legacy or Fredo jokes) is getting a top pick. And this roster is well suited for that Kobe chucking or no ...

I am not trying to prop anything up, the Lakers are what they are, a very very bad team. But they are not the worst of all time like you are trying to say. They have some pieces, and I really believe that with the right system and coach, they could be a 30 win team.

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 01:06 PM
You can't just take Kobe out as he's part of the roster. it's like saying the 94 Rockets are a horrible team once you take Hakeem out.

So between Kobe and MCW, I will take MCW right now. healthier, younger, more potential.
Embiid and Randle is a wash (one underdeveloped offensively, the other defensively).
Noel has more potential, but as of now, he isn't much better than Davis + Hill.
Wroten and Lin are a wash, with an edge to Wroten.

But from there on down, the 6ers are probably worse from 4 to 15. it's quite a feat, but they really are that bad.

Last year's Lakers were pretty bad. So were last year's 6ers. Actually, last year's 6ers were probably the worst of all time.

I am not trying to prop anything up, the Lakers are what they are, a very very bad team. But they are not the worst of all time like you are trying to say. They have some pieces, and I really believe that with the right system and coach, they could be a 30 win team.

1. Of course Kobe is part of the team and I agree my disdain for Boozer has me underrating the team slightly.
2. But I am not wrong this is the worst Laker team in history. Defensive metrics, record and games you missed to injury all point to me being correct.
3. I never said we worse as a team than the sixers, I said I think they have more talent. Noel, MCW alone are recent lottery picks our lotto picks are old (boozer) or busts (Davis/Hill).
4. I really dont know what to say if you think THIS team could win 30. If I were a salesman I would call you a mark, if we played poker a sucka, and if you were a Lakers fan I would say you viewing this roster through purple and gold colored glasses. But you are none of those so Im gonna say you full of shit ...

ambchang
11-18-2014, 01:54 PM
1. Of course Kobe is part of the team and I agree my disdain for Boozer has me underrating the team slightly.

Yes, left out Boozer, but I was talking more about developing future talent. I don't think Boozer has much of a future with the Lakers.

2. But I am not wrong this is the worst Laker team in history. Defensive metrics, record and games you missed to injury all point to me being correct.

They shouldn't be. They are underachieving, and that's my point. Will this shape up to be the worst Lakers team ever? All signs point to yes. But should they be? No, I don't believe so based on the roster. Last year's team was much worse.

3. I never said we worse as a team than the sixers, I said I think they have more talent. Noel, MCW alone are recent lottery picks our lotto picks are old (boozer) or busts (Davis/Hill).

I can agree to that. 6ers have a brighter future, and much better potential. But if we are talking right now, a lot of the 6ers potential hasn't been tapped yet.

4. I really dont know what to say if you think THIS team could win 30. If I were a salesman I would call you a mark, if we played poker a sucka, and if you were a Lakers fan I would say you viewing this roster through purple and gold colored glasses. But you are none of those so Im gonna say you full of shit ...

Come on, Kobe, Lin, Boozer should get you a few wins right there. Things are happening that are pulling the team back. Scott is proving to be an atrocious coach, Kobe is cancering up the entire team, Lin is timid, Boozer is already giving up, and the rest of the team doesn't even know what they are doing.

They have the talent to be a 10th to 12th seed in the West. They are shaping up to be the worst team though.

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Yes, left out Boozer, but I was talking more about developing future talent. I don't think Boozer has much of a future with the Lakers.

They shouldn't be. They are underachieving, and that's my point. Will this shape up to be the worst Lakers team ever? All signs point to yes. But should they be? No, I don't believe so based on the roster. Last year's team was much worse.

I can agree to that. 6ers have a brighter future, and much better potential. But if we are talking right now, a lot of the 6ers potential hasn't been tapped yet.

Come on, Kobe, Lin, Boozer should get you a few wins right there. Things are happening that are pulling the team back. Scott is proving to be an atrocious coach, Kobe is cancering up the entire team, Lin is timid, Boozer is already giving up, and the rest of the team doesn't even know what they are doing.

They have the talent to be a 10th to 12th seed in the West. They are shaping up to be the worst team though.

Im done. I never thought I would see this roster more align with Harlem than you because I think our sensibilities and views on hoops (save Kobe) are more in-tune.
But I dont see how this team in the West is a 30 win team after all the injuries. Lin is OK Boozer is trash, period. Byron I cant judge when he is leading the turd brigade ...

Prime Lebron could maybe double the win total but that means we would 28 not the 14 we are on pace for ...

ambchang
11-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Im done. I never thought I would see this roster more align with Harlem than you because I think our sensibilities and views on hoops (save Kobe) are more in-tune.
But I dont see how this team in the West is a 30 win team after all the injuries. Lin is OK Boozer is trash, period. Byron I cant judge when he is leading the turd brigade ...

Prime Lebron could maybe double the win total but that means we would 28 not the 14 we are on pace for ...

Boozer isn't that bad, he plays no defense, but can score once in a while. He's like a bigger Drew Gooden. Can be a great scoring option off the bench like how the Pistons used Microwave back in the day.

Scott is terrible, I mean just terrible so far. I didn't have much expectations for him, but he was worse than anything I have ever thought he could be. He's just atrocious.

As for Lebron, he led a just as bad (if not worse) Cavs team with Paul Silas at the helm to 35 wins in his ROOKIE season. A prime Lebron can easily lead the Lakers to 40 to 45 wins. Easily.

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Boozer isn't that bad, he plays no defense, but can score once in a while. He's like a bigger Drew Gooden. Can be a great scoring option off the bench like how the Pistons used Microwave back in the day.

Scott is terrible, I mean just terrible so far. I didn't have much expectations for him, but he was worse than anything I have ever thought he could be. He's just atrocious.

As for Lebron, he led a just as bad (if not worse) Cavs team with Paul Silas at the helm to 35 wins in his ROOKIE season. A prime Lebron can easily lead the Lakers to 40 to 45 wins. Easily.

GTFO, this team minus Kobe ... is not winning 40 games even with Lebron.
1. That was the East.
2. Lebron being such a great ball handler neutralizes any value Lin has ...
3. You just said Scott is atrocious
4. This is the West. Teams with far more talent like the Pelicans may not win 40-45 games. Lebron with the talent he has in the Cleveland playing in the East will probably only win 55 games so he is going to lead THIS team to 45 wins?!
5. This team lacks 3 point shooting so no spacing for a prime Lebron to drive with reckless abandon, it lacks finishers to take advantage of his superb passing and even those silas team had better defenders than this one.

You are wrong this team would not win 40 plus games stop smoking dat shit ...

ambchang
11-18-2014, 04:42 PM
GTFO, this team minus Kobe ... is not winning 40 games even with Lebron.
1. That was the East.
2. Lebron being such a great ball handler neutralizes any value Lin has ...
3. You just said Scott is atrocious
4. This is the West. Teams with far more talent like the Pelicans may not win 40-45 games. Lebron with the talent he has in the Cleveland playing in the East will probably only win 55 games so he is going to lead THIS team to 45 wins?!
5. This team lacks 3 point shooting so no spacing for a prime Lebron to drive with reckless abandon, it lacks finishers to take advantage of his superb passing and even those silas team had better defenders than this one.

You are wrong this team would not win 40 plus games stop smoking dat shit ...

This team minus Kobe, wins 20 games without adding Lebron. Kobe is THAT toxic this year.

I am talking about peak prime Lebron. Not this Lebron
That Lebron dragged mike brown to the finals.
That Lebron drive with wreckless abandon with Mo Williams and Bobbie Gibson as his wings.
Lin is a better shooter than Williams or Gibson. Those two were awful.
The pelicans, minus Davis suck. I don't know what their front optics is thinking.

Splits
11-18-2014, 05:56 PM
The Funniest Thing In Sports: Kobe Bryant Chucking At Historic Levels (http://deadspin.com/the-funniest-thing-in-sports-kobe-bryant-chucking-at-h-1659582891)

re to Twitter (http://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fthe-funniest-thing-in-sports-kobe-bryant-chucking-at-h-1659582891&text=The%20Funniest%20Thing%20In%20Sports%3A%20Kob e%20Bryant%20Chucking%20At%20Historic%20Levels)
Go to permali (http://deadspin.com/the-funniest-thing-in-sports-kobe-bryant-chucking-at-h-1659582891)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--T0vdDg0C--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/vkyxu4eql8175ugmyjgy.pngEXPAND

Kobe Bryant shot a combined 16-for-48 in the two ass-kickings the Lakers absorbed over the weekend. Even the bad guys from Rambo III are all, "Jesus, man, that's a lotta terrible shooting." The friggin' Ethyl Higby Charm School doesn't have that many misses.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--7oKTdY97--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/xrkejuhvnwhgnrkrodui.pngEXPAN
D
Friday night against the Spurs, he missed his first 10 shots and finished 1-of-14 for nine points. His shot chart is over there on the left; I love how his one made shot is quite possibly the worst shot he took in the entire game.

Somehow that 1-for-14 isn't the funniest or most memorable number after the weekend. Neither is it the ghastly 19 misses on Sunday night, nor the fact that the Lakers' opponents, the Warriors, scored two more points in regulation (136) than the Rockets and Thunder combined for earlier Sunday evening (134).

Nope: 38.9 is the funniest number in the NBA right now.

That's Kobe's usage rate through 10 games. Usage rate, for the unacquainted, estimates the percentage of team possessions that a player "uses" when he's on the court; basically, it tells you how frequently that player ends offensive possessions, with either a shot attempt, a free-throw attempt, or a turnover. Kobe's usage rate is 38.9, meaning that through 10 games, nearly 40 percent of the Lakers' possessions are ending via a Kobe shot, a Kobe free throw, or a Kobe turnover.

That number ... that's a big-ass number! Among guys who play enough minutes for their stats to matter, it's the highest in the NBA; in fact, the gap between Kobe's usage rate and the second-highest (DeMarcus Cousins, at 33.3) is bigger than the gap between the second-highest and the 18th-highest (Marreese Speights, 27.8). Hell, if the season ended today, that would be the highest single-season usage rate in the three-point era.

At 36, Kobe is chucking more than Michael Jordan ever did. More than Allen Iverson ever did. More, even, than 27-year-old, peak-of-his-athletic-gifts Kobe Bryant did, back in that bananas 2005-06 season we all remember as the year he didn't even pretend to care about anything other than scoring as many points as he could. If the NBA season ended right now, his current 25.2-shots-per-36-minutes pace would be the highest in over 30 years; his true shooting percentage, meanwhile, is 40 points lower than that of any other player who has attempted more than 23 shots per 36 minutes in the three-point era.

Kobe stans will rush in here to claim that Kobe is chucking with world-historic frequency because he has to. "What other option do the Lakers have?" they will ask. "Do you want Wes Johnson taking those shots instead?" Which almost makes sense, except that the Lakers are 1-9 and have been blown out more often than not, which seems to suggest that, as options go, "have old-ass Kobe take all the shots" isn't much of one. They couldn't be more than one game worse if they took those shots away from Kobe and gave them to Ronnie Price. They couldn't be more than one game worse if they took those shots away from Kobe and gave them to Mark Price. Hell, dig up Vincent Price, stick a jersey on him, and duct-tape him to a rolling furniture dolly, and the Lakers' winning percentage changes by a measly 11 percentage points.

The thing I love the most about these numbers is that, whether they're a function of necessity or proof of Kobe's unhinged selfishness, they're funny either way. If Kobe is using a world-historic number of possessions to chuck up bricks because his teammates (and Byron Scott's scripted offense) are just that goddamn bad ... that's funny! It's funny when a team has to rely on a 36-year-old with bionic legs taking 25 shots a game just to produce barely enough offense not to lose by 40 every night.

On the other hand, if he's using a world-historic number of possessions to chuck up bricks because he just doesn't give a fuck anymore and has determined that passing Michael Jordan on the career scoring list is the only thing that can be accomplished this season ... that's funny too! It's funny when a team builds itself around a 36-year-old with shredded legs and he responds by tuning out his teammates and gunning shamelessly for a personal milestone.

There could be no funnier athlete in this spot than Kobe Bryant, the most self-serious athlete in all of sports. The chucker-on-a-bad-team role makes boring sense when held by, say, Voshon Lenard, or Chuck Person, or whoever. But: this is Kobe Bryant! The Black Mamba!

Picture him sitting down to a power lunch with Arianna Huffington (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/fashion/arianna-huffington-kobe-bryant-meditate.html?_r=0), discussing knowingly the habits and obligations and perquisites of greatness. Picture him filming some somber, gravid TV commercial about, like, the drive and determination to be unstoppable, or some shit. Picture him studying game tape, in the dark, alone, the solitude of the true craftsman, devoted to thecraft of victory, eyes narrowed, seeing through the recorded actions to the deeper basketball truth, the battlefield leverages and vulnerabilities. Picture him stalking through the bowels of the arena toward the locker room, focused, imperturbable, suit and shades, the warrior monk, the basketball James Bond, the Man with a Job to do. And then, oh God, oh God, picture him going out and chucking up two-dozen contested 19-footers and losing by 20 to the fucking Hawks.

It's too much. I can't even bear it. My heart swells to bursting. This is the best time to be alive.

Killakobe81
11-18-2014, 08:38 PM
This team minus Kobe, wins 20 games without adding Lebron. Kobe is THAT toxic this year.

I am talking about peak prime Lebron. Not this Lebron
That Lebron dragged mike brown to the finals.
That Lebron drive with wreckless abandon with Mo Williams and Bobbie Gibson as his wings.
Lin is a better shooter than Williams or Gibson. Those two were awful.
The pelicans, minus Davis suck. I don't know what their front optics is thinking.

No he is not a better shooter than Gibson ...

StrengthAndHonor
11-18-2014, 08:43 PM

+1. Mo Williams or Gibson were deadly in Cleveland.

DMC
11-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Kobe's done this his entire career. He's not doing anything new.

ambchang
11-18-2014, 10:04 PM

Yes he is. Look at go sons fg% and 3% after Lebron left.

RsxPiimp
11-18-2014, 10:06 PM
No surprise here. Kobe played team ball and they won

StrengthAndHonor
11-18-2014, 11:54 PM
No surprise here. Kobe played team ball and they won

It wasn't just that. I think the rest of his supporting cast just shot better overall, notably Boozer and Lin, with Nick Young carrying a bit of that scoring load.

AlexJones
11-19-2014, 12:06 AM
So Kobe's being purposely obtuse. Tee, hee

Killakobe81
11-19-2014, 01:21 AM
Yes he is. Look at go sons fg% and 3% after Lebron left.

Doesn't matter after he left if they shot well when he was there ...you said that Lakers have better shooters that is false

ambchang
11-19-2014, 07:32 AM
Doesn't matter after he left if they shot well when he was there ...you said that Lakers have better shooters that is false

It makes a huge difference. They shot well BECAUSE Lebron was there. Once he left, the easy shots were gone.

A prime Lebron would give the same shots to Lin and company.

It's called sharing the ball, and making your teammates better. You may have forgotten it, but lakers great like magic, shaq and MVPau used to do that a lot.

Chillen
11-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Yey, Lakers have 2 wins.

Thread
11-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Yey, Lakers have 2 wins.

+ the 25-5-5.