PDA

View Full Version : Big Zak Bon Voyage Party, Saturday September 3rd

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Big Zak is leaving for L.A. soon to follow his dream.

Party
Saturday, September 3, 2005
Arrive anytime after 6:00pm
Our house

Drinks
Food
Poker
Laughs
Chillin'

Post in this thread if you are coming.

Message me if you need directions.

Thanks.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, I was going to watch the Texas State v. Delta State game @ Bobcat, but I'm partying with the big man.

I'll be there.

angel_luv
08-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I would like to come too. = )

Shall I bring something Kori?

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 05:08 PM

Chips :)

Ginofan
08-28-2005, 05:09 PM
I'll be there.

angel_luv
08-28-2005, 05:21 PM

Chips :)

Will do! = )

Big Z- what is your favorite kind?

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Anyone who wants to play poker, we can do that.
We won't start playing until around 9 or something.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 05:33 PM
I just changed the start time to 6pm because I have a fantasy football draft at 4pm :)

KEDA
08-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Im in

Krista a mabye

for the BIGMAN!!!!

angel_luv
08-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Im in

Krista a mabye

for the BIGMAN!!!!

Don't forget to bring the Rasho voice! :lol

Samurai Jane
08-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately, I already have a party I have to go to.. (a welcome back party for my brother.) I send my thoughts and I'll lift a toast to BigZak where I am.

spurschick
08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
I'll be there

Kori, can I bring anything?

bigzak25
08-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Will do! = )

Big Z- what is your favorite kind?

chocolate covered cheetos....but you probobaly can't buy that...so just bring whatever YOU like. :lol

since my name is in the title....i GUESS i'll show up...:lmao

Thanks LJ & K. :tu

bigzak25
08-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately, I already have a party I have to go to.. (a welcome back party for my brother.) I send my thoughts and I'll lift a toast to BigZak where I am.

THANKS for the kind thoughts and toast JANE.

That's AWESOME THAT YOUR BROTHER IS HOME!!!
If he's just back from serving, tell him we ALL THANK HIM. HE IS A :king ALONG WITH ALL THE REST.

JoeChalupa
08-28-2005, 06:39 PM
I'll be there.

Samurai Jane
08-28-2005, 06:41 PM
THANKS for the kind thoughts and toast JANE.

That's AWESOME THAT YOUR BROTHER IS HOME!!!
If he's just back from serving, tell him we ALL THANK HIM. HE IS A :king ALONG WITH ALL THE REST.

Will do, Zak. Thanks!!

I'm sure you'll be around FSP, so I won't say Goodbye, but See you around and I'm sure you'll be great!!!

bigzak25
08-28-2005, 06:42 PM
thanks jane, i'll DEFINITELY BE AROUND HERE...i LOVE this place....i'm sure someone will have the internets (credit to VK) there. :)

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Jenn - I'm so glad your brother is home (or coming home)!!

Zak - Are you bringing Mrs.Zak?

bigzak25
08-28-2005, 06:48 PM
yeah, mouse will be there....:lmao

seriously though, most LIKELY K.

I already told her about it and she seems to want to come.

Her name is SWANEY. :makeout

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Zak - Do you have any interest in me giving you a list of the local comedy clubs in L.A. (other than the big ones you know about) where you can get some exposure doing open mic nights and other contests and the such?

I lived in L.A. for 17 years - I pretty much know what goes on in comedy as I've had numerous friends in the business.

bigzak25
08-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Zak - Do you have any interest in me giving you a list of the local comedy clubs in L.A. (other than the big ones you know about) where you can get some exposure doing open mic nights and other contests and the such?

I lived in L.A. for 17 years - I pretty much know what goes on in comedy as I've had numerous friends in the business.

OF COURSE I DO KORI!!!

YOU ARE ONE OF MY LIFELINES!

GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT.

AND THOSE PARTIES YOU GOT CONNECTS TO? Yeah, you gonna have to hook a brutha up next time you get a chance...:tu :) THANKS FOR YOUR OFFER AND YOUR HELP!

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Here's a small list to get started:

Mixed Nuts Comedy
4000 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90018 (323) 735-6622
open mic Tues thru Sat
If you do well a few times on open mic, they are pretty cool about inviting you back and giving you a shot as a regular $ comic. For a while this was mostly a black club - but fat white guys do well there :)

HA HA CAFE COMEDY CLUB, 5010 Lankershim Blvd., N. Hlywd.
(818) 508-4995.
Open mic Sunday thru Thurs
It's in the valley (suburbs of L.A.) but worth going to

COMEDY DISTRICT, in San Gennaro, 9543 Culver Blvd., Culver City. (310) 367-9977 or http://www.thecomedydistrict.com/comedianinfo.htm.
Open mic Thursdays

THE LAUGH FACTORY, 8001 Sunset Blvd., W. Hlywd. (323) 656-1336.
Open mic Tuesdays - one of the best clubs.

L.A. CONNECTION, 13442 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks. Twenty-eight years deep in improv. No booze. All ages. (818) 784-1868.
I don't think they have open mic there, but I think you can sell yourself to them.

GROUNDLING THEATER, 7307 Melrose Ave. (323) 934-9700.
No open mic, but you know they are good.

THE IMPROV, 8162 Melrose Ave., W. Hlywd. (323) 651-2583. You know they are the best - obviously no open mic.

THE SECOND CITY STUDIO THEATER, 8156 Melrose Ave. (323) 658-8190.
They have new workshops starting every month. I know you were at SC in Chicago, so it might be worth looking at.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 07:09 PM
As for parties, I can get you in for every party that I find out about. Each time I get an invite for one, I'll just email you the details, you tell me if you can make it, and I'll get you on the VIP list. It's a good place to make connections. Networking is the key to success in L.A.

timvp
08-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah and if you are going to be staying in the more shady parts of LA, be sure not to wear anything blue or red.

Oh and do you know how to c-walk just in case?

Just lookin' out.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Big Zak - if you are going to do open mics - call ahead and get all the details. Sometimes they only let the first 10 comics that arrive get on the mic. Sometimes if you can rally up some paying customers on the street and bring them with you, they'll give you priority on open mic nights. Sometimes they'll give you money if you can get more people in the club, etc. So call ahead of time, get all the details, write down the names of the managers. Kiss ass as much as you can. Be the kind person that you are in your heart. You'll be great.

bigzak25
08-28-2005, 07:16 PM
WOW! THANKYOU SIS. I CAN'T WAIT TO VISIT THEM ALL!!!

My first stop will be the COMEDY STORE, but i really want to goto the groundlings and the 2nd city in LA as well...all those OTHERS are gravy, and DAYUM, you gave me Adresses, #'s, EVERYTHING. I don't think i can ever repay you for you and your husbands kindness, but IF/WHEN I make it, i'll sure as hell try.

THANKS!

Ticket via expedia is 155.39 on delta on sunday after the party...that's without tax, but i feel that's my flight....ball is moving. Thanks again. I'm at the tavern, so i'm gonna log out now and print all that when i get home...time to drink some water and chill. Friends of mine might stop by as well...anyone come out if you wish...be here til 10pm at least....:tu

iminlakerland
08-28-2005, 07:19 PM
(818) 508-4995.

^^ i've been there a few times its a cool place. Let me know when you got a show ill try to gather a group of my people to come out and support you! and have fun at ur bon voyage party!

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 07:20 PM
What is his dream?

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah and if you are going to be staying in the more shady parts of LA, be sure not to wear anything blue or red.

Just lookin' out.

I know how to c-walk. :smokin

E20
08-28-2005, 08:25 PM
HAHA, He'll have no more Spurs games just Laker, Kings and Warriors game Spurs game every full moon -- Just like me........:depressed

On a side note will he still be posting on the forums?

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
People will definitely be here until the wee hours. So come on down.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 09:01 PM
:lol They will. I'm sure a lot of people aren't coming until later in the evening. So if you come at 11 or 12, that's not too late at all.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
will there be malt liquor?

Sure. Do you want 40's?

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 09:05 PM
I heard there was 80's. :)

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 09:05 PM
If you want to sleep here at our house, you can.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
80 ouncer (http://www.mucknmire.com/ads/baddog.htm)

:drunk :drunk :drunk

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
I'll take one of those in a Dr. Pepper, please.

CrazyOne
08-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Sorry, Zak... the little lady and I will be in DC this weekend (just vacationing). Best of luck in LA.

(I got the message from earlier, I have plans for lunch already, but I'll drop by the house of mouse tomorrow anyway. I'm curious to hear the story.)

bigzak25
08-29-2005, 01:29 AM

Just lookin' out.

oh shit...half my wardrobe is dark blue tshirts....:lol

i don't know how to cwalk, but biggie was a crip and i can spit his tunes so maybe they'll let a mexican white boy pass...

i'll probobaly just be going to/fro work/clubs/home...but i'll be using publinc transportation so i'll keep a watchful eye. You can teach the C-Walk on Sat brother. :tu

Big Zak - if you are going to do open mics - call ahead and get all the details. Sometimes they only let the first 10 comics that arrive get on the mic. Sometimes if you can rally up some paying customers on the street and bring them with you, they'll give you priority on open mic nights. Sometimes they'll give you money if you can get more people in the club, etc. So call ahead of time, get all the details, write down the names of the managers. Kiss ass as much as you can. Be the kind person that you are in your heart. You'll be great.

THANKS for the tips K. I'm listening to all you say and I plan to do just that, hustle and kiss some ass and see how far that takes me, you know as far as being able to showcase. :tu

(818) 508-4995.

^^ i've been there a few times its a cool place. Let me know when you got a show ill try to gather a group of my people to come out and support you! and have fun at ur bon voyage party!

THANKYOU, it's on the list now. we'll exchange digits and i can let you know if/when/where i'll be so you can bring your friends out...thanks for the support sista. :tu :)

Sorry, Zak... the little lady and I will be in DC this weekend (just vacationing). Best of luck in LA.

(I got the message from earlier, I have plans for lunch already, but I'll drop by the house of mouse tomorrow anyway. I'm curious to hear the story.)

Awesome, Tell them you know BigZak and he's the biggest Skins fan in Texas...that will get you through many doors...:lmao

No worries C-One, you do your thing man and you'll be there in SPIRIT. Take it easy man and thanks for the goodluck. I know you got connections upstairs. :tu :angel

I'll take one of those in a Dr. Pepper, please.

:lmao funny cuz it's true...:lol

xcoriate
08-29-2005, 03:43 AM
the one from the videos?

oh, snap!

Dude you left yourself open.

whottt
08-29-2005, 04:28 AM
What is BigZak's dream? I always kinda figured it was to be Jennifer Love Hewitt's personal photographer..

Good luck with your dream Zak...if you ever find yourself in Hermosa beach, don't eat at El Gringo...that's the best advice I can give you.

batman2883
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Kori how do i get there?

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Post in this thread if you are coming.

Message me if you need directions.

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 10:02 AM
:) I was answer batman's question of how to get here :)

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 10:04 AM
mookie2001 wants to know if it's okay if he drinks too much and throws up on the foot of your bed saturday

No.

He can drink too much and throw up outside if he wants.

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 11:08 AM
elpimpo wants to know if there is a totally inappropriate place for him to fall asleep

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 11:09 AM
No.

Or maybe underneath the bed? :spin

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 12:07 PM
elpimpo requests a stage, mic and auditorium as he will be telling stories from his many adventures

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 12:54 PM
There's several inappropriate places to sleep.

There's no stairwell that everyone has to walk on. Maybe the steps leading to the front door?

There's an American Idol microphone that goes with the karaoke machine which can show you while you talk/sing on our 65" big screen TV.

There's RoadRunner Premium highspeed internet access.

Anything else?

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
sounds good

batman2883
08-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Karaoke??? I'm so there, will there be Corona??

alamo50
08-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Wish I could be there bro.

bigzak25
08-29-2005, 09:48 PM
No.

BEEN THERE...DONE THAT...:lmao

What is BigZak's dream? I always kinda figured it was to be Jennifer Love Hewitt's personal photographer..

Good luck with your dream Zak...if you ever find yourself in Hermosa beach, don't eat at El Gringo...that's the best advice I can give you.

actually whottt, the dream is SNL. but dayum if that's comes true, that would open so many doors...BUT, i've gotta say, tha past few days have been the best days of my life...and tomorrow WILL be the BEST...that's my mindset now...I've already started LIVING my dream by just being Man enough to make my own decisions and set myself free from all the bullshit that was holding me down, so to speak...i already had my Jerry Maguire moment with my goodbye, 'mission statement' and have a plan for myself...I can LIVE WITH FAILURE, but NOT WITH 'NOT TRYING'. I think you all know what i mean...

thanks for the advice of staying away from el gringo, but yeah, by the sound of the name, that might have been the ONE MExican Restaraunt i stayed away from anyway....

as for JLH? well, a Man can have/live more than one dream can't they? :makeout

----------

AND Gig, Thanks, but I think Mouse is already coming, so consider the hired hooker as CHECK. :lol :tu

Mr. Holland
08-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Can I bring Cole?

SequSpur
08-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey bro, I seriously doubt we will be able to make it, but we definitely wish you the best!

TheTruth
08-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Can I bring Cole?
Don't get me started...

baseline bum
08-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Blue or red's no big deal now like it was in the 80s and 90s... now you just gotta make sure to pack heat on the highway. Bring a year's supply of barbacoa too (I wish I had last time I came back from SA).

Taco
08-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Unfortunately we will not be able to make it. My brother and sister-in-law are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary that night.

Good Luck Zak!!!

Keep on posting!!!

BTW
When you see Kobe in LA, kick him in the crotch!!!!

batman2883
08-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Fuck that when you see Kobe in L.A. flatten all his tires and leave a manu jersey on his windshield, yeah!!!!!

batman2883
08-30-2005, 09:30 AM
awww man im going to miss the poker, i ll be there from like 7-9 i have a party to go to at Rive that night...

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 12:22 PM
mookie is backing out

gas is too expensive
texas plays saturday night

batman2883
08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
is mookie talking in the first person?

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 02:33 PM
no he's not

batman2883
08-30-2005, 02:35 PM
oh i could have thought he was..

bigzak25
08-31-2005, 06:16 AM
Hey bro, I seriously doubt we will be able to make it, but we definitely wish you the best!

that's cool Sequ, thanks for the well wishes, don't be too hard on the Spurs that are bustin their asses and Keep Rockin the New Ride....You and Your FAMILY Take Care and Godbless...there will be plenty more GTG's....:tu :drunk

Blue or red's no big deal now like it was in the 80s and 90s... now you just gotta make sure to pack heat on the highway. Bring a year's supply of barbacoa too (I wish I had last time I came back from SA).

Sweet to know about the colors, looks like somebody listened to Rodney King afterall....heat on the highway? well, what about on the Transit System? You guys got buses and trains that go everywhere don't you baseline? Gimme the scoop....and as for barbacoa? Man, i haven't had that in forever, and it's right here...i'll eat an extra taco for you on Sunday. :tu :p

Unfortunately we will not be able to make it. My brother and sister-in-law are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary that night.

Good Luck Zak!!!

Keep on posting!!!

BTW
When you see Kobe in LA, kick him in the crotch!!!!

No Worries Taco, Happy Anniversary to your Bro and Family. Thanks for the Goodluck and SURE, i'm not going anywhere, the Internet is everywhere, I'll still be here to join in all the fun....this place is an addiction....and a family. :)

as for Kobe? I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I'm sure it will be like I kicked him in the crotch when i'm sporting the 4 million Dollar Rock he gave Vanessa around my neck... :hat

NameDropper
08-31-2005, 06:24 AM
I'll be listening for the buzz around LA about the new comic in town.

bigzak25
08-31-2005, 06:58 AM
I've decided to Get a Job (Close to Comedy, Hopefully at a Comedy Club) and Enroll at the Groundlings...

I'll still try Standup, but I WANT SNL. We'll see what's planned for me when I get there...:tu

Was planning sUNDAY departure, but I've been convinced that Tuesday will be better. I plan to book it today or tomorrow. Trying to Hookup with Mother IN Laws relatives...had one in LA, but he's awfully busy and frankly? I felt like i was an imposition during the 20 second phone call we had yesterday...:lmao

There is another, perhaps BETTER Option, Another Cousin I think, they are IN PAMONA??? I have to look on googlemaps, I'm not familiar, but rumor has it (credit to namedropper) that she has extra bedrooms...and if THERE IS A TRAIN OR BUS that goes to LA from there? I'm in business....:tu

JoeChalupa
08-31-2005, 07:58 AM
The wife will also be there.

bigzak25
08-31-2005, 08:06 AM
awesome Joe. more tha merrier. :drunk

Shelly
08-31-2005, 08:10 AM
I've decided to Get a Job (Close to Comedy, Hopefully at a Comedy Club) and Enroll at the Groundlings...

I'll still try Standup, but I WANT SNL. We'll see what's planned for me when I get there...:tu

Was planning sUNDAY departure, but I've been convinced that Tuesday will be better. I plan to book it today or tomorrow. Trying to Hookup with Mother IN Laws relatives...had one in LA, but he's awfully busy and frankly? I felt like i was an imposition during the 20 second phone call we had yesterday...:lmao

There is another, perhaps BETTER Option, Another Cousin I think, they are IN PAMONA??? I have to look on googlemaps, I'm not familiar, but rumor has it (credit to namedropper) that she has extra bedrooms...and if THERE IS A TRAIN OR BUS that goes to LA from there? I'm in business....:tu

Zak, that makes me feel so much better about you getting a job! Despite, my concerns, I never wished you anything but success and with your determination I think you have a great chance. Just remember, L.A. is a brutal town and it's very easy to get sucked in with all the crap that goes with it. I know you're very grounded, but sometimes you may have to check yo'self! Stay true to your roots and you'll be fine.

I don't know for sure if I can make it Sat. night, but good luck, stay strong, and stay in touch!

:)

bigzak25
08-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Zak, that makes me feel so much better about you getting a job! Despite, my concerns, I never wished you anything but success and with your determination I think you have a great chance. Just remember, L.A. is a brutal town and it's very easy to get sucked in with all the crap that goes with it. I know you're very grounded, but sometimes you may have to check yo'self! Stay true to your roots and you'll be fine.

I don't know for sure if I can make it Sat. night, but good luck, stay strong, and stay in touch!

:)

Hey Shell, I know/knew where you were coming from...You are a MOM.

I plan on BRINGING LA PEEPS UP TO SPEED ON SAN ANTONIO AND TEXAS HOSPITALITY, Not letting them bring me DOWN. :tu

Don't Worry, I was out of Control on Friday, My whole Family Tried to have me Locked Up. NO LIE. I had to talk to a wannabe therapist and like, 8 cops just to get to sleep in my own bed that night....

I'm feeling much better now. :lol

bigzak25
08-31-2005, 08:18 AM
p.s. Hope you and Fam can make it, but if not, Cyber Hug. :tu :makeout

Kori Ellis
08-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Zak, I'm glad you "calmed down" a little.

Pomona is really far from L.A./Hollywood - I'd say 40 miles on the freeway.

If you are going to try to do improv group stuff instead of standup, here's some sites with classes/groups.

http://www.theatresports.com/classes.shtml

http://www.harveylembeckcomedyworkshop.com/

http://www.improworks.com/

http://www.idiotcentral.com/idiots/

http://www.iowest.com/

tlongII
08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Yo Zak!

If you want SNL shouldn't you be moving to NYC instead of LA? Best of luck!

1Parker1
08-31-2005, 01:56 PM
I'll be there in spirit Big Zak! Hope everything works out for you in LA. I'm glad to hear your note afraid to follow your dreams and are going through with your plan!

batman2883
08-31-2005, 02:18 PM
1P1 where are you??

Taladro
08-31-2005, 02:46 PM
If you are not going to be driving check the link below for train’s schedules and prices. It has a stop at Pomona.
http://www.metrolinktrains.com/
Public transportation is pretty poor here in Southern California so a car would make things easier.
Any way everything is possible with the right attitude and from reading your posts it seems to me that you are a smart guy. Good luck!

Mr Dio
09-01-2005, 06:16 AM
Big Zak I have 2 words for you.............KING TACO!

1Parker1
09-01-2005, 09:09 AM
1P1 where are you??

:lol I'm sorry! It's been a crazy week juggling time between school and work. Hopfeully things will settle down next week. I miss chatting with you and Obiwan too :)

bigzak25
09-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Zak, I'm glad you "calmed down" a little.

Pomona is really far from L.A./Hollywood - I'd say 40 miles on the freeway.

If you are going to try to do improv group stuff instead of standup, here's some sites with classes/groups.

http://www.theatresports.com/classes.shtml

http://www.harveylembeckcomedyworkshop.com/

http://www.improworks.com/

http://www.idiotcentral.com/idiots/

http://www.iowest.com/

THANKS KORI. Improv/Standup Are BOTH GATEWAYS to SNL.

I wouldn't mind Standup, But I THINK TOO MUCH about WHETHER THE AUDIENCE THINKS I'M FUNNY....I don't show it....but it's in the back of my mind and if i have that, it distracts me....BUT I'VE ONLY DONE IT ONCE, LAST FRIDAY FOR 5 MINUTES AT THE Rinky Dink Stage at Rivercenter infront of about 20 people, SO, I just have to practice and prepare more....

Thanks for the links...:tu

Yo Zak!

If you want SNL shouldn't you be moving to NYC instead of LA? Best of luck!

Thanks for the Luck Tlong. My Plan is to continue My Education. I've got 2 WEEKS 2nd City Chicago Under My Belt, Alan Alda, Tiny Fey, Chris Farley, Rachel Dratch, George Wendt, some peeps from MAdTV, and i'm sure more names i'm forgetting all are alumni from here.....

So NOW, I'm gonna go take classes at the GROUNDLINGS...Phil Hartman is the top name in my head but I know there are a shitload more....AND the 1st stop for a job is the COMEDY STORE which as you know is run by Pauly Shores mom's and the DID HAVE A MANAGER POSTION OPEN which i applied for, but IF it's still OPEN and I show up in person, it's mine...

ANyhow, If I can learn to SHOWCASE MY TALENT, SNL will CALL ME.

It's like I got a Bachelors in 2 weeks. Am going to LA to get my masters and make my connections....THEN IT'S OFF TO WORK....NEW YORK CITY.

That's the Loose plan....We'll see what the Good Lord intends for me though...:tu

I'll be there in spirit Big Zak! Hope everything works out for you in LA. I'm glad to hear your note afraid to follow your dreams and are going through with your plan!

Thanks Parker, I appreciate all your kind words. I must say it's killing me not knowing what you look like....post your pic or PM me...make sure your smiling in it if possible....:tu and THANKS!

If you are not going to be driving check the link below for train’s schedules and prices. It has a stop at Pomona.
http://www.metrolinktrains.com/
Public transportation is pretty poor here in Southern California so a car would make things easier.
Any way everything is possible with the right attitude and from reading your posts it seems to me that you are a smart guy. Good luck!

Thanks for the link Taladro...i'm sure a car would make SOME things easier...but if i wanted easy, I wouldn't have quit my job....I like challenges...and I like people....I want to ride the Transit, get to know my way around, and be as humble as possible while busting my ass to get a job and get enrolled at the Groundlings....I'm gonna do it....it's help from everywhere, from Good Peeps like yourself that is gonna make it possible...Thanks aGain. :tu

Big Zak I have 2 words for you.............KING TACO!

Dio, Why do you insist on putting images of your ass in my head? :lmao

just kidding...dude, i'm fat...i got weight to lose...I've tried to eat an 8 pound burrito in my life....KING TACO DON'T GOT NOTHING ON BIGZAK....:lol

TheTruth
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Never got to meet you Zak, but I wish you all the best in Cali. Give 'em hell, and if you run into any half filipino/half black kids running around, tell them their cousin matt says mabuhay

Master Shake
09-01-2005, 12:30 PM
I dont know who Zak is, im new to the site, but im so there....

exstatic
09-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm in. :smokin

Kori Ellis
09-01-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm in. :smokin

Cool!

Everybody who wants to bring something, just bring drinks (beer, soda, whatever).

Angel, you bring the chips.

We'll supply the food.

Keep in mind, our new dog is coming home tomorrow. So you'll have to deal with him. I apologize if someone doesn't like dogs.

Kori Ellis
09-01-2005, 08:53 PM
RSVP List

Me and LJ
Zak (maybe Mrs Zak)
Mouse
Johnny Blaze
angel luv
Ginofan
KEDA and Krista
Spurschick
Cyber Bob
Joe Chalupa (maybe Mrs)
batman
exstatic
Mr Dio
Kris and Whitney
Manny and Jekka
SpursWoman and User (?)

Who else?

exstatic
09-01-2005, 09:28 PM
What kind of dog, Kori? Did you shelter-adopt?

Kori Ellis
09-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Here's the whole explanation, ex.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24266

We are getting one of the dogs that were brought in from N.O.

TastesLikeChicken
09-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Good luck man

I kicked a few contacts to your e-mail

I wouldn't mind Standup, But I THINK TOO MUCH about WHETHER THE AUDIENCE THINKS I'M FUNNY....

Make sure you shake that habit pretty soon though, because you'll definitely run into a few 'too cool to laugh' audiences in the LA area.

If you ever get a chance to make it to San Fran, hit Cobb's, it's a great club with great crowds.

Don't jump the gun on an agent, when you're ready the agents will come to you.

When you get stage time, record it, as most clubs will want a demo tape/dvd of some sort before offering paid gigs. Plus it's a nice legal tool if some hack tries to "borrow" your material.

I plan on being out there in late November, so maybe you can show me the clubs that you've biggiezak sized by then.

Have fun Saturday, If you decide to hold the afterparty in Phoenix let me know. I'd say I'll be there in spirit but my spirit has a briss in Colorado Springs.

bigzak25
09-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Good luck man

I kicked a few contacts to your e-mail

Make sure you shake that habit pretty soon though, because you'll definitely run into a few 'too cool to laugh' audiences in the LA area.

If you ever get a chance to make it to San Fran, hit Cobb's, it's a great club with great crowds.

Don't jump the gun on an agent, when you're ready the agents will come to you.

When you get stage time, record it, as most clubs will want a demo tape/dvd of some sort before offering paid gigs. Plus it's a nice legal tool if some hack tries to "borrow" your material.

I plan on being out there in late November, so maybe you can show me the clubs that you've biggiezak sized by then.

Have fun Saturday, If you decide to hold the afterparty in Phoenix let me know. I'd say I'll be there in spirit but my spirit has a briss in Colorado Springs.

tHANKS for all the advice, connections, info man....i've just done standup ONCE for 5 minutes at the rivercenter babystage so I'm very raw....i'll get over it....i think i was more nervous cuz i didn't plan it out so much and was doing a standup routine totally improv. some of the guys didn't want to give props, and that's okay, it's a competition, but one told me i had a presence on stage and that was good enough....i'll get better.

Dude, I look forward to you coming to LA (ha, like i've ever even been there yet) in november...we gotta hook up and hit the comedy clubs and meet some people, have some fun...

thanks again, my # is in my profile and i don't plan on changing it, but i'll update if it does change....drop a dime and take care bro....

ps

i heard michael jackson goes to ALL BRISSES...so if you see him, tell him to get some sun. :tu

bigzak25
09-02-2005, 09:55 AM
well, i just booked my flight. i leave tuesday morning.

i''m actually flying to ontario california as it is closer to where i'll be staying in pamona...i think...i haven't looked at a map, i'm going by what my mother in laws cousin told me...

i stop off in vegas....never been....can you gamble in the airport?

anyway, laters peeps, time to goto costco, get some canned goods and drop it off at the southside heb....take care, Godbless, have a WONDERFUL DAY!

KEDA
09-02-2005, 03:50 PM
add Krista to the list

and shes ready to take out some revenge on the American Idol Karaoke Machine!!!

Kori Ellis
09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Cool.

bigzak25
09-03-2005, 01:11 AM
I plan to rock the mike as well...

K, if you guys need ANYTHING other than a 20 pack of mille lites....let me know.

This is gonna be a great GTG, it will be good to see all the peeps together again and take pics. :tu

KEDA
09-03-2005, 10:02 AM
dont forget to try some of the Cali Green, then tell us how it is!

JoeChalupa
09-03-2005, 10:11 AM
So will we get a sneak preview of some stand up tonight?

I know about Mouse's improv but what about BigZak?

bigzak25
09-03-2005, 10:58 AM
dont forget to try some of the Cali Green, then tell us how it is!

well dawg, i quit the happy smoke, so the only cali green i'm looking for is the chedda. and i'm gonna need to bust ass, cuz i don't have any jobs lined up...maybe i could sell lingerie in beverly hills....hmmmm...well, it's something to ponder. :tu

So will we get a sneak preview of some stand up tonight?

I know about Mouse's improv but what about BigZak?

I don't know about standup Joe, I'm rawer then a 6 year olds ass at neverland...

but i'll rock Kareoke if K wants to put that on....other than that, i'm just there to enjoy the company...this is not about me, this is about celebrating the Spurstalk Family. :tu

JoeChalupa
09-03-2005, 11:00 AM
No more hippie lettuce? That is cool.

I was hoping for a sneak peek but I can rock with some Kareoke!

See ya there bro.

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 12:09 PM
User and I aren't going to be able to make it.

Good luck, Zak....we'll be with you in spirit! :)

MasterYoda
09-03-2005, 12:24 PM
that Sux, SW. You guys will be missed. Thanks for the goodluck and Godbless you and family.

Horry For 3!
09-03-2005, 01:03 PM
I'll be at the Texas game tonight :smokin

Kori Ellis
09-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Can someone bring plastic cups?

Everyone else should bring beer or other drinks.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Are we playing poker tonight? :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2005, 03:27 PM
I'll bring some plastic cups and we'd better be.

Kori Ellis
09-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Yes, we are playing cash poker - not tournament.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2005, 03:44 PM
RSVP List

Kris

Need some steel chairs?

spurschick
09-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Anybody feel like leaving the party for a few minutes to go with me to Kelly?

angel_luv
09-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I will. = )

spurschick
09-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I will. = )

Cool! :spin

Kori Ellis
09-03-2005, 04:52 PM
You are going to leave and go all the way to Kelly and then come back?

I think a bunch of people are going to Kelly from here later in the week.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
What are you planning to do at Kelly?

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
The Salvation Army wharehouse will probably not be open after 7, just an FYI if you plan on going to Kelly tonight.

spurschick
09-03-2005, 05:11 PM
I just came back from Costco and have a carload full of food and stuff and I didn't want it to sit for too long. I totally forgot that I can take it to HEB. I'm assuming they don't care that I didn't buy it from there.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 05:33 PM
They won't care, but drop it off at an HEB instead. They won't be around at Kelly and there are other places by Kelly where the people are being housed.

spurschick
09-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I also just heard about the other shelters that they are opening up, so it will probably get distributed better if I take it to HEB.

Sense
09-03-2005, 09:54 PM
pictures :D

spurschick
09-03-2005, 11:51 PM
I just got home from the party... lots of Big Zak karaoke, LJ and Manny poker sharking, Looter... Kori has been taking pictures.

angel_luv
09-04-2005, 01:25 AM
I just got home. The party was super fun! = )

Horry For 3!
09-04-2005, 01:32 AM
I hope everyone had fun at the party because I had fun at the Texas game :) we owned Louisiana-Lafayette, 60 - 3. :tu

batman2883
09-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Hook'em Horns baby

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2005, 09:50 AM
'Cause you know, that was REAL classy to go for a TD on 4th and whatever in the 3rd quarter.

batman2883
09-04-2005, 09:51 AM
ha ha ha hah a what can i say i do it all the time on Madden

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2005, 09:51 AM
ha ha ha hah a what can i say i do it all the time on Madden

We still need to have a Madden tournament.

batman2883
09-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes we do and im ready for that tourney any day of the week I've had a huge offseason and im ready to roll

Horry For 3!
09-04-2005, 03:21 PM
'Cause you know, that was REAL classy to go for a TD on 4th and whatever in the 3rd quarter.
You were also not at the game when Vince Young was pumping up his hands getting the crowd to get louder so he'll make Mack go for it and Vince wanted to run it in for a TD and which he did. :tu