PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Swaggy P is the real deal

ambchang
11-19-2014, 02:22 PM
1-0 with him in the line up, 1-9 without.

Swappy P regulating.

Kool Bob Love
11-19-2014, 02:25 PM
http://youtu.be/xSHMQ1pJVRM

Splits
11-19-2014, 02:54 PM

:lmao wtf is he yelling at Young for? He sagged off Millsap a good 6 feet and gave him a wide open 3!

RsxPiimp
11-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Nique dropping some truth bombs there

ambchang
11-19-2014, 04:52 PM
:lmao Nique knowing more about defense than Kobe.

ambchang
11-19-2014, 04:57 PM
ESPN agrees with me (not saying much, but they do)

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/40428/young-brings-needed-swag-back-to-lakers

The worst start in franchise history weighed on the players. The weight of the consecutive blowouts. They talked about a lack of trust, communication and effort. Divides started to appear in the locker room. Everything was going wrong.

But in the span of just one game, Young's lighthearted personality seemed to light up the darkness that surrounded the Lakers, and in turn they played their most complete game by far on both ends of the court.

The Gemini Method
11-19-2014, 05:10 PM
MVSwaggyP tbfh.

RsxPiimp
11-19-2014, 05:34 PM
ESPN agrees with me (not saying much, but they do)

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/40428/young-brings-needed-swag-back-to-lakers
Swaggy is cast in the same mold as Kobe. GTFO here.

MI21
11-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Hopefully for Laker fan Kobe realises this team only goes as far as Swaggy P takes them and supports him. Kobe could be an ok 2nd option in the twilight of his career.

Thread
11-19-2014, 06:52 PM
25-5-5.

hater
11-19-2014, 06:57 PM
that nig was a cancer in DC and was ran out of town.

:lol him being the saviour of anything but misery and hemorroids

Franklin
11-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Swaggy P is Lakers best player now tbh.

Hemotivo
11-19-2014, 07:52 PM

what a shame

Thread
11-19-2014, 08:09 PM
25-5-5.

spurraider21
11-19-2014, 08:13 PM
25-6-6.
how's that working out for ya?

Kool Bob Love
11-19-2014, 08:22 PM
25-5-5.

Thread
11-19-2014, 08:23 PM
how's that working out for ya?

25-5-5.

spurraider21
11-19-2014, 08:25 PM
25-5-5.
what happened to 25-6-6

Thread
11-19-2014, 08:53 PM
what happened to 25-6-6

Don't be an amchang.

spurraider21
11-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't be an amchang.
it's a legitimate question. in fact i brought it up before he did

Thread
11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
it's a legitimate question. in fact i brought it up before he did

Shut up.

Clipper Nation
11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Swaggy MVP :worthy:

The Lil B of the NBA :worthy:

Robz4000
11-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Swaggy P is the true alpha/team leader...

Splits
11-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Real SWAG

DDCd_19ZRII

Splits
11-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Real SWAG

DDCd_19ZRII

Pretty sure that's Karl driving and Vanessa is that little Mexican girl in the passenger seat.

lefty
11-20-2014, 12:08 AM
:worthy: Alpha

midnightpulp
11-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Best all perimeter scorer the Lakers have :toast

ElNono
11-20-2014, 12:09 AM
1-0 with him in the line up, 1-9 without.

Swappy P regulating.

you're on a roll, tbh... keep em coming

UZER
11-20-2014, 12:18 AM
How long before Kobe stunts him?

Thread
11-20-2014, 04:35 AM
25-5-5.

spurraider21
11-20-2014, 04:36 AM
25-6-6

Thread
11-20-2014, 04:38 AM
25-6-6

25-5-5.

spurraider21
11-20-2014, 04:40 AM
25-5-5.
why'd you drop your standards? it was 25-6-6

midnightpulp
11-20-2014, 04:46 AM
25-5-5.

Only pussies and assholes do "pretties."

Thread
11-20-2014, 04:49 AM
Only pussies and assholes do "pretties."

25-5-5.

midnightpulp
11-20-2014, 04:52 AM
25-5-5.

On 38%...lmao!!!

Thread
11-20-2014, 04:54 AM
On 38%...lmao!!!

He's got plenty of august company at similar %.

midnightpulp
11-20-2014, 04:56 AM
He's got plenty of august company at similar %.

Still doesn't make it a good percentage.

He should let Swaggy take over the offense. That man was splendid tonight, Cubby.

midnightpulp
11-20-2014, 04:57 AM

Thread
11-20-2014, 05:01 AM
He should let Swaggy take over the offense. That man was splendid tonight, Cubby.

:rolleyes

midnightpulp
11-20-2014, 05:03 AM

He grabbed Kobe by the scruff of his neck and dragged him kicking and screaming to that win.

You do realize Kobe was 4-17 in the second half?

Stalin
11-20-2014, 06:31 AM

:yield

ambchang
11-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Told y'all. Swaggy P man.

2-0.

Beating a title contender like Houston would be impossible without a guy like SwaggyMVP.

ambchang
11-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Swaggy is cast in the same mold as Kobe. GTFO here.

I'd agree they are about the same as players. Only SwappyP never had a dominate big to ride coattails with (MVPau was beat up last year, so it doesn't count).

Thread
11-20-2014, 09:43 AM
He grabbed Kobe by the scruff of his neck and dragged him kicking and screaming to that win.

You do realize Kobe was 4-17 in the second half?

Like I said::::rolleyes

Franklin
11-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Told y'all. Swaggy P man.

2-0.

Beating a title contender like Houston would be impossible without a guy like SwaggyMVP.
:lmao calling Lockets a title contender when they've never made even the conference finals since Hakeem departed. And it was me who first referred to Swaggy P as Lakers best player this season, if I remember correct.

ambchang
11-20-2014, 10:28 AM
:lmao calling Lockets a title contender when they've never made even the conference finals since Hakeem departed. And it was me who first referred to Swaggy P as Lakers best player this season, if I remember correct.

I am not trying to take credit from you, but really, Swappy P is the best Laker is pretty obvious to all.

100%duncan
11-20-2014, 10:33 AM
SwagVP.

Medvedenko
11-20-2014, 01:18 PM
More retarded fat necks with shit takes on this forum.

UZER
11-20-2014, 01:42 PM
More retarded fat necks with shit takes on this forum.

:lol you're not even trying anymore.

hater
11-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Kobe is loving it. "Listen if that's what's rolling. That's what's rolling."

:tu

hater
11-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Oh and Rin. 3 pts 5 TOs in his return to HOU

:lol

Splits
11-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Why The Lakers' Brand Of Suck Matters (http://deadspin.com/why-the-lakers-brand-of-suck-matters-1661140999)

Today 2:07pm (http://deadspin.com/why-the-lakers-brand-of-suck-matters-1661140999)

Share to Kinja (http://deadspin.com/why-the-lakers-brand-of-suck-matters-1661140999#)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--FuDx_Mp8--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/debyfceddik5zhjgh7hz.pngEXPAND

That Nick Young's return to the lineup would coincide with the Lakers' ascent from gonzo terribleness to bland mediocrity fits, really. Both because at every stop in his NBA career Nick Young has done whatever would annoy me the most (http://deadspin.com/5952156/deadspin-nba-shit-list-1-nick-young-who-is-the-devil), but also because "Swaggy P" is the basketball embodiment of a twee, boring, self-consciously internet-friendly, Lil-B-nihilistic, put-on eccentricity that is both the opposite and the death of the authentic, full-throated, batshit insanity that had made the Lakers so fun this season.

This is to say that what has made the Lakers such a great spectacle before now was the absolute conviction with which they did the dumb shit they did. Byron Scott believes in his harebrained notions of toughness and winning basketball. Kobe Bryant believes in his Solitary Basketball Assassin persona, that it will bring him victory, or at least absolve him of responsibility for defeat. That's funny! Byron and Kobe were going down with the ship, but only because they kept blasting cannons directly into the deck and calling it navigation.

They sucked, but sucked gloriously. Now they just suck. Which is boring! The Magic suck, but nobody cares about that; the Magic suck because they're being patient in the process of becoming good. Wanting to be good, and being willing to eat some shit to get there, is what NBA teams are supposed to do, and it's rational, which is not entertaining. The Lakers might want to be good, too, but more than that, they want to be vindicated. That's much funnier.

I've been writing about the Lakers since the opening of this season, and a common charge from commenters is that I am a Laker hater. This is false. I've enjoyed the Lakers' failures, sure, but not because I hate them. I love them. Until now, at least, their badness went proudly against the prevailing trends in a sport that is getting both smarter and a little duller. Their badness was a rebuke.

The growth of advanced analysis and econometric front-office thinking in the NBA has done cool stuff for the game. Across the league, teams play faster, smarter, more sophisticated basketball than they did 15 years ago. The D-and-3 wing, the pick-and-pop big, the rise of the corner 3, and the idea of warping a defense with ball movement instead of watching Desmond fucking Mason dribble for 13 seconds per possession—all of these cool things happened because people got smarter and more systematic in their thinking about how basketball works and how best to play it. That's great. It's a great development. Anyone who watched the NBA in 1999 would agree, and also reflexively make the sign of the Evil Eye at the memory of what the NBA was like in 1999.

On the other hand, there's a sameyness to a lot of the basketball being played today, a sense that now we know the most efficient ways to play it, and that the future of basketball might just come down to seeing which turkey-necked general manager doofus navigates the CBA most effectively in a given year. In the midst of all that, it's nice—it's rapturous, amazing, astonishing!—to have a team like the Lakers doing such baldly retrograde shit (turning down open threes to have bad, slow players try to drive the lane; putting nearly 40 percent of the team's possessions in the hands of a 36-year-old lunatic with more basketball on his physiological odometer than virtually any living person; having Carlos Boozer do pretty much anything on a basketball court other than walk off it) for reasons that square to absolutely no degree with the basketball culture's prevailing notions of rationality and efficiency. And to have the team doing that be the Lakers, of all the teams, and to have its star be Kobe Bryant, of all the stars, with God and the world and Jack Nicholson watching. The absurdity of it. The beautiful doomed insanity of it. It is—was?—almost everything I like best about humanity. The Lakers are the way they are because of the people they are, and no one else can be them, and that's the best thing to watch on TV.

Well, they've won two games in a row now. First over the terminally dreary Hawks, which also makes sense, because the Hawks are the quiet organic chemistry textbook library where fun things go to die. If the Hawks played a seven-game series against Satan and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse with the fate of the universe in the balance, it'd get shunted over to NBA TV to make room on TNT for reruns of Bones, and rightly so. Of course the Hawks lost to the Lakers. They are basketball soundproofing. Their job is to produce whichever outcome makes you change the channel.

And then, last night, the Lakers took down the Rockets, who were without Dwight Howard and any idea what the fuck they are doing. And this—Dwight Howard rendering the Lakers less enjoyable—also makes sense. It's what he did the entire year he was a Laker, after all.

Yeah, too much shit makes sense around the Lakers, now. They are not a Looney Tunes cartoon come to life anymore. Now they're just a basketball team that sucks. They're 3-9, better by winning percentage than the Sixers, Thunder, and Knicks. They've transitioned from a team that will find a way to lose even when its opponent plays like shit to a team that will do the rational thing and accept a victory when offered one. That's boring. Booooooooo.

On the other hand, at this rate, they might just piss away their lottery pick, consigning themselves to another year of pretty much exactly this, only with an even older and more insane Kobe Bryant. That would be ridiculous as hell! I could talk myself into that.

Splits
11-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Nick Young received a flop warning from the NBA on Thursday.

Young drew a foul on Kyle Korver while attempting a 3-point shot, and as the video shows, Korver did not even make contact with Young. The first offense is just a warning, but the second results in a $5,000 fine, with each additional flop resulting in an increased penalty. Young has brought a much-needed scoring-punch to the Lakers' second unit, and is averaging 17.0 points and 2.0 three-pointers through his first two games. He doesn't do much aside from score, but should be able to sustain limited value in standard leagues.

HemisfairArena
11-21-2014, 01:54 AM
25-5-5.

1-14

Thread
11-21-2014, 06:37 AM
1-14

25-5-5

ImDaNuts
11-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Real deal http://instagram.com/p/ueFmUDuGPu/?modal=true

StrengthAndHonor
11-21-2014, 01:09 PM
This thread will blow up if the Lakers beats the Mavericks tonight...

ambchang
11-21-2014, 01:26 PM
The Lakers doesn't even have to beat the Mavs, they just have to keep it close and not lose by 20 points.

11-21-2014, 04:25 PM
We could have swaggy p when he was a free agent.

Malik Hairston
11-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Why The Lakers' Brand Of Suck Matters (http://deadspin.com/why-the-lakers-brand-of-suck-matters-1661140999)

Today 2:07pm (http://deadspin.com/why-the-lakers-brand-of-suck-matters-1661140999)

Share to Kinja (http://deadspin.com/why-the-lakers-brand-of-suck-matters-1661140999#)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--FuDx_Mp8--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/debyfceddik5zhjgh7hz.pngEXPAND

That Nick Young's return to the lineup would coincide with the Lakers' ascent from gonzo terribleness to bland mediocrity fits, really. Both because at every stop in his NBA career Nick Young has done whatever would annoy me the most (http://deadspin.com/5952156/deadspin-nba-shit-list-1-nick-young-who-is-the-devil), but also because "Swaggy P" is the basketball embodiment of a twee, boring, self-consciously internet-friendly, Lil-B-nihilistic, put-on eccentricity that is both the opposite and the death of the authentic, full-throated, batshit insanity that had made the Lakers so fun this season.

This is to say that what has made the Lakers such a great spectacle before now was the absolute conviction with which they did the dumb shit they did. Byron Scott believes in his harebrained notions of toughness and winning basketball. Kobe Bryant believes in his Solitary Basketball Assassin persona, that it will bring him victory, or at least absolve him of responsibility for defeat. That's funny! Byron and Kobe were going down with the ship, but only because they kept blasting cannons directly into the deck and calling it navigation.

They sucked, but sucked gloriously. Now they just suck. Which is boring! The Magic suck, but nobody cares about that; the Magic suck because they're being patient in the process of becoming good. Wanting to be good, and being willing to eat some shit to get there, is what NBA teams are supposed to do, and it's rational, which is not entertaining. The Lakers might want to be good, too, but more than that, they want to be vindicated. That's much funnier.

I've been writing about the Lakers since the opening of this season, and a common charge from commenters is that I am a Laker hater. This is false. I've enjoyed the Lakers' failures, sure, but not because I hate them. I love them. Until now, at least, their badness went proudly against the prevailing trends in a sport that is getting both smarter and a little duller. Their badness was a rebuke.

The growth of advanced analysis and econometric front-office thinking in the NBA has done cool stuff for the game. Across the league, teams play faster, smarter, more sophisticated basketball than they did 15 years ago. The D-and-3 wing, the pick-and-pop big, the rise of the corner 3, and the idea of warping a defense with ball movement instead of watching Desmond fucking Mason dribble for 13 seconds per possession—all of these cool things happened because people got smarter and more systematic in their thinking about how basketball works and how best to play it. That's great. It's a great development. Anyone who watched the NBA in 1999 would agree, and also reflexively make the sign of the Evil Eye at the memory of what the NBA was like in 1999.

On the other hand, there's a sameyness to a lot of the basketball being played today, a sense that now we know the most efficient ways to play it, and that the future of basketball might just come down to seeing which turkey-necked general manager doofus navigates the CBA most effectively in a given year. In the midst of all that, it's nice—it's rapturous, amazing, astonishing!—to have a team like the Lakers doing such baldly retrograde shit (turning down open threes to have bad, slow players try to drive the lane; putting nearly 40 percent of the team's possessions in the hands of a 36-year-old lunatic with more basketball on his physiological odometer than virtually any living person; having Carlos Boozer do pretty much anything on a basketball court other than walk off it) for reasons that square to absolutely no degree with the basketball culture's prevailing notions of rationality and efficiency. And to have the team doing that be the Lakers, of all the teams, and to have its star be Kobe Bryant, of all the stars, with God and the world and Jack Nicholson watching. The absurdity of it. The beautiful doomed insanity of it. It is—was?—almost everything I like best about humanity. The Lakers are the way they are because of the people they are, and no one else can be them, and that's the best thing to watch on TV.

Well, they've won two games in a row now. First over the terminally dreary Hawks, which also makes sense, because the Hawks are the quiet organic chemistry textbook library where fun things go to die. If the Hawks played a seven-game series against Satan and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse with the fate of the universe in the balance, it'd get shunted over to NBA TV to make room on TNT for reruns of Bones, and rightly so. Of course the Hawks lost to the Lakers. They are basketball soundproofing. Their job is to produce whichever outcome makes you change the channel.

And then, last night, the Lakers took down the Rockets, who were without Dwight Howard and any idea what the fuck they are doing. And this—Dwight Howard rendering the Lakers less enjoyable—also makes sense. It's what he did the entire year he was a Laker, after all.

Yeah, too much shit makes sense around the Lakers, now. They are not a Looney Tunes cartoon come to life anymore. Now they're just a basketball team that sucks. They're 3-9, better by winning percentage than the Sixers, Thunder, and Knicks. They've transitioned from a team that will find a way to lose even when its opponent plays like shit to a team that will do the rational thing and accept a victory when offered one. That's boring. Booooooooo.

On the other hand, at this rate, they might just piss away their lottery pick, consigning themselves to another year of pretty much exactly this, only with an even older and more insane Kobe Bryant. That would be ridiculous as hell! I could talk myself into that.

Damn, beautiful words, tbh..I love fans and media that appreciate the growth of the game..

Who wrote this?..

Medvedenko
11-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Damn, beautiful words, tbh..I love fans and media that appreciate the growth of the game..

Who wrote this?..

Smush Parker

Malik Hairston
11-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Honestly, the difference between current Kobe and 1998 Dad Killer isn't substantial IMO..

If you replace Kobe with 1998 DK in today's era with the advanced level of play, and put him on a team with one of the worst coaches and supporting casts in the league, I don't think the Lakers would have a better record than 3-9..

If you put Kobe on the '98 Bulls with Phil, Scottie and Dennis, in the slow-paced, antiquated era of basketball, Bulls still win that championship IMO..

Thread
11-21-2014, 05:52 PM
..that 25-5-5 on the Achilles that made Daddy take up the rocking chair is a real kick in the teeth, eh?

tee, hee.

ambchang
11-21-2014, 05:53 PM
^ Malik Hairston. That is way too obvious of a troll job.

Thread
11-21-2014, 06:25 PM
He's gonna run MJ to ground then take off after the other two. The only way you'll stop him is to black ball him like they black balled Dave Kingman.

Splits
11-21-2014, 07:01 PM

Who wrote this?..

http://albertburneko.kinja.com/

He's awesome.

ambchang
11-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Not even swaggy MVP can save this steaming pile of crap.

ambchang
12-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Swaggy P is back. First the buzzer beater vs. the Spurs, then leading the team to another victory over the Wolves.

The Lakers won 3 in a row people, 3 in a row. Including a win over the defending champs, and you are telling me this roster doesn't have the talent to win 35+ games this year?

The Lakers are 7-7 in the last 14 games with Swaggy P, and only 1-9 without him.

The results don't lie y'all. SwaggyMVP is the real deal.

Respect.

Killakobe81
12-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Swaggy P is back. First the buzzer beater vs. the Spurs, then leading the team to another victory over the Wolves.

The Lakers won 3 in a row people, 3 in a row. Including a win over the defending champs, and you are telling me this roster doesn't have the talent to win 35+ games this year?

The Lakers are 7-7 in the last 14 games with Swaggy P, and only 1-9 without him.

The results don't lie y'all. SwaggyMVP is the real deal.

Respect.

Lol leading a win over Wolves ... Boozer's sorry a$$ was probably the most effective player (hate to admit it) ...but I am sure some advanced metric, your hate will tell some other story.

djohn2oo8
12-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Lol leading a win over Wolves ... Boozer's sorry a$$ was probably the most effective player (hate to admit it) ...but I am sure some advanced metric, your hate will tell some other story.

Lakers aren't bottom 5 bad.

Killakobe81
12-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Lakers aren't bottom 5 bad.
When healthy absolutely not because teams are worse not because the Lakers are good or even 35 win good. Amb is smoking dat shit ..don't patronize him. We may not be as bad as Harlem says but we are closer to that than to what Amb thinks we would be with more "sharing".

Thread
12-15-2014, 05:26 PM
^There is certainly a lot of bottoms to feed on. I like a good bottom. It's all moist and gooey, smells vaguely like a train compartment, like shit. Just grovel in it for about a week, maybe a week and a half.

CHARGE!!!!!!

ambchang
12-16-2014, 10:01 AM

When Kobe is leading the team to missed playoffs and first round exits, you would hail him as some kind of hero and absolve him of any blame.

Now SwaggyMVP is leading the Lakers to a respectable record, you go and minimize his contributions and try to reduce his significance.

I don't get you Killa, here is a player who, despite the dire situation the Lakers are in, go out and produce, go out and play, leading the Lakers to a .500 record, a Lakers team that was only .100 without him. Put that in perspective, he is turning an 8-win team (worse than the 9-73 Sixers) to a 41-41 team (borderline playoff team), and you are ragging on him? I thought you are a Lakers fan!

ambchang
12-16-2014, 10:05 AM
When healthy absolutely not because teams are worse not because the Lakers are good or even 35 win good. Amb is smoking dat shit ..don't patronize him. We may not be as bad as Harlem says but we are closer to that than to what Amb thinks we would be with more "sharing".

Even in the current situation, I'd take the Lakers roster without Kobe over:
Wolves
6ers
Pistons
Knicks
Pacers
Boston
Hornets
Jazz
Nuggets
Kings (with Cousins injured, but not when Cousins is back)
Magic

Thread
12-16-2014, 10:11 AM
^I'll just bet you would.

Killakobe81
12-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Even in the current situation, I'd take the Lakers roster without Kobe over:
Wolves
6ers
Pistons
Knicks
Pacers
Boston
Hornets
Jazz
Nuggets
Kings (with Cousins injured, but not when Cousins is back)
Magic

This may be the dumbest post of the year definitely gets my vote. this cant be trollin' because troll jobs are usually clever. SO you actually typed that? Sat in your office considered the rosters and came up with THAT list? Minus Kobe we are better than the Nuggets and Pacers? The Pacers who just pushed our shit in ...dem Pacers? A team led by Lin, Boozer, Swaggy P and Jordan Hill? Over Pacers, Jazz, Nuggs and Wolves? The Swaggy P that was derided around these parts as a useless chucker? Lin who was an overpaid undrafted scrub. Lotto bust Hill THAT team? hahahahahaha, ROFL

OK I officially am done. No more basketball takes with you fine, sir I will admire your work from afar. El and DPG/Havoc (when they are not slumming) only dudes worth debating/bantering with. I make an exception for CN and Harlem. CN because he is funny childish but funny and Harlem because he brings solid hoops takes with his trolling ...

Happy holidays Amb, was fun while it lasted. Like DPG, I'm only here to talk basketball but with with real posters not trollers.

Splits
12-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Who's who?

http://i.imgur.com/YDwRCZz.png

http://i.imgur.com/7UXvdRH.png

Thread
12-16-2014, 10:36 AM
^I've never seen a championship fandom so angry,,,though you're always a sorehead asshole.

Splits
12-16-2014, 10:40 AM
For reference, w/o Kobe, Lakers ORtg/DRtg is very respectable. Basically the Trailblazers.

http://i.imgur.com/zJdnp05.png

ambchang
12-16-2014, 10:59 AM
This may be the dumbest post of the year definitely gets my vote. this cant be trollin' because troll jobs are usually clever. SO you actually typed that? Sat in your office considered the rosters and came up with THAT list? Minus Kobe we are better than the Nuggets and Pacers? The Pacers who just pushed our shit in ...dem Pacers? A team led by Lin, Boozer, Swaggy P and Jordan Hill? Over Pacers, Jazz, Nuggs and Wolves? The Swaggy P that was derided around these parts as a useless chucker? Lin who was an overpaid undrafted scrub. Lotto bust Hill THAT team? hahahahahaha, ROFL

OK I officially am done. No more basketball takes with you fine, sir I will admire your work from afar. El and DPG/Havoc (when they are not slumming) only dudes worth debating/bantering with. I make an exception for CN and Harlem. CN because he is funny childish but funny and Harlem because he brings solid hoops takes with his trolling ...

Happy holidays Amb, was fun while it lasted. Like DPG, I'm only here to talk basketball but with with real posters not trollers.

Buddy, you have really fallen off a cliff intellectually since the Spurs won 5. I mean, you can make a snark description for any single player in the NBA.

You think the Pacers have a great roster? Who's so great? Stuckey? Hill? Scola? Hibbert? The only good guy on the roster is West, and he's not been playing well this year (not to mentioned oft-injured).

Jazz? Supremely overpaid Hayward? Unrealized potential Kanter? No defense Favors? Who do they have that is so much better than the Lakers?

Nuggets? Lawson, Affalo, Faried and Chandler vs. Hill, Lin, Boozer, SwaggyMVP is pretty much a push, and the bench is about as bad. I may give the Nuggets a slight edge to the Nuggets because of Faried, but with the departure of Kobe, the chemistry of the Lakers will shoot through the roof, and all the players will undoubtedly perform better without some guy jack up 25 shots on .389 shooting a game.

Wolves? The entire team are castoffs.

Splits
12-16-2014, 11:03 AM
the chemistry of the Lakers will shoot through the roof, and all the players will undoubtedly perform better without some guy jack up 22.4 shots on .382 shooting a game.

Fixed, but point taken. Just look at the on/off metrics I posted and it tells 90% of the story. The other 10% is that Kobe showed up for his 1st practice in a month recently. How do you build chemistry when the guy who's got a 36.4% usage rate doesn't even show up at the practice facility?

Stalin
12-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Honestly, the difference between current Kobe and 1998 Dad Killer isn't substantial IMO..

If you replace Kobe with 1998 DK in today's era with the advanced level of play, and put him on a team with one of the worst coaches and supporting casts in the league, I don't think the Lakers would have a better record than 3-9..

If you put Kobe on the '98 Bulls with Phil, Scottie and Dennis, in the slow-paced, antiquated era of basketball, Bulls still win that championship IMO..

1.5/10

Come on, breh, I know you can do better. I remember det season. Actually, bulls offence wasn't slow paced at all, it had movement and was efficient, they run the triangle for scrubs in first half, to get them involved, with Jordan taking open jumpers or fadeaways out of the triangle, throughout, they mainly isolated him at end of games if it was close, otherwise Dad Killer was icing his knees by the end of third, which happened way too much imo tbh. It's very doubtfull Kobe Rapist would win in 98' with that cast. First of all, has Kobe ever won a title without a dominant big carrying him? I very much doubt Luc Longley would be able to carry Rapist to det title, breh. That whole team was made of DK and pippen, basically, with rodman only providing rebounding and defense, and soft kukoc some scoring of the bench, rest were scrubs like Jub Buechler and Jason Caffey, lel. Would Kobe be able to make scrubs like that play better? Has he ever raised the level of scrubs on his team as DK did year after year during those 3peats? I don't recall that Kobe ever has. Second of all, Rodman. No fucking way him and Rapist get as far as the finals, two immature premaddonas like that would never be able to coexist. Everyone on that 98' team knew their role and where their shots came, there was actually really good chemistry between scrubs and the "selfish" Dad Killer, and if you add the Kobester and his all game chucking into this, he'd fuck everyone's rhythm up in his psychotic pobsession to get his, eventually making the team implode as he regularly has done throughout his Lakeshow career.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-16-2014, 01:05 PM

:lol come on man

Malik Hairston
12-16-2014, 01:29 PM
:lol..

AlexJones
12-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Even '03 Deeks would probably still dominate today's shitty SG position though

Killakobe81
12-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Buddy, you have really fallen off a cliff intellectually since the Spurs won 5. I mean, you can make a snark description for any single player in the NBA.

You think the Pacers have a great roster? Who's so great? Stuckey? Hill? Scola? Hibbert? The only good guy on the roster is West, and he's not been playing well this year (not to mentioned oft-injured).

Jazz? Supremely overpaid Hayward? Unrealized potential Kanter? No defense Favors? Who do they have that is so much better than the Lakers?

Nuggets? Lawson, Affalo, Faried and Chandler vs. Hill, Lin, Boozer, SwaggyMVP is pretty much a push, and the bench is about as bad. I may give the Nuggets a slight edge to the Nuggets because of Faried, but with the departure of Kobe, the chemistry of the Lakers will shoot through the roof, and all the players will undoubtedly perform better without some guy jack up 25 shots on .389 shooting a game.

Wolves? The entire team are castoffs.

Difference is your brethren on here was deriding the Lakers roster in the off-season, it turned out to be shit ...but you saying if the Lakers polish that same shit and get rid of Kobe things would be better.

Since I am only here to talk hoops there is great article that proves both our points on the site "the Cauldron". It says Kobe is hurtin' the Lakers with his all-time high usage rate and inefficient scoring. Not once have you heard me say oh well, Kobe is scoring so the way he is playing doesnt bother me or in some ways detrimental to winning. So on that score you have some valid points ...where we digress and why I am done with you and your intellectual "cliff" is the same article points out that the only players that are playing better without Kobe are Davis and Hill and (IIRC) Swaggy, Lin, Boozer and Wesley Johnson shoot perform etc (again using advanced metrics) worse when Kobe is off the floor.

That is why individual plus minus is a waste. In the end he concludes Kobe is not truly helping or hurting the Lakers because even if he passed more and shot less this team is shitty. Im sure it would help chemistry some if he passed more and they would steal a few wins just like his dumb jacking art times helps us win like the late shot vs. Minny.

Bottom line this team sucks. If you take out Kobe this team loses to that same Minny team without Rubio and Pek that is how bad this team is. But again since you want to trash Kobe (when it's actually pretty easy this year) but instead of just saying look at the standings/scoreboard/stats you constantly overrate a shitty roster since you think in some way it helps your crappy hypothetical argument that has been shit on by many posters already. Kobe is the leader and face of the franchise for one of the worst teams in Lakers history ...why do you need to make up extra shit when like Mulder said the truth is out there for everyone to see? That is what I dont get and so since I know you are not stupid but continue to say dumbshit so I am done with you ...only reason i responded was to post the article and conclude my argument.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/kobe-bryant-is-hurting-the-lakers-7dd5b3b3fa13

Convincing Kobe to open his eyes and start passing, moving, collaborating, and playing with the team around him is a challenging proposition, and maybe with good reason, too — the team around Bryant is not good by any measure. It’s also unlikely that backing off on a few possessions to let the offense flow would somehow propel these Lakers into even a modicum of respectability. Anyone being honest knows that.

ambchang
12-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Difference is your brethren on here was deriding the Lakers roster in the off-season, it turned out to be shit ...but you saying if the Lakers polish that same shit and get rid of Kobe things would be better.

A) What other Spurs fans think has nothing to do with what I think. I am not going to lump you with Koolaid Man, narutoluva, and the other Laker dimwits
B) Since when is a 35-win team not a shit roster? Especially when we are talking about the Lakers, aka the franchise who makes the finals half the time, won more titles than it has missed playoffs (by a wide margin) and only missed consecutive playoffs once before last year?

Since I am only here to talk hoops there is great article that proves both our points on the site "the Cauldron". It says Kobe is hurtin' the Lakers with his all-time high usage rate and inefficient scoring. Not once have you heard me say oh well, Kobe is scoring so the way he is playing doesnt bother me or in some ways detrimental to winning. So on that score you have some valid points ...where we digress and why I am done with you and your intellectual "cliff" is the same article points out that the only players that are playing better without Kobe are Davis and Hill and (IIRC) Swaggy, Lin, Boozer and Wesley Johnson shoot perform etc (again using advanced metrics) worse when Kobe is off the floor.

Of course! You don't see the ball for 38 minutes of the game, and then bam! You are expected to shoot once every minute and a half and make up for the 40+% usage rate, of course you will suffer.

That is why individual plus minus is a waste. In the end he concludes Kobe is not truly helping or hurting the Lakers because even if he passed more and shot less this team is shitty. Im sure it would help chemistry some if he passed more and they would steal a few wins just like his dumb jacking art times helps us win like the late shot vs. Minny.

Bottom line this team sucks. If you take out Kobe this team loses to that same Minny team without Rubio and Pek that is how bad this team is. But again since you want to trash Kobe (when it's actually pretty easy this year) but instead of just saying look at the standings/scoreboard/stats you constantly overrate a shitty roster since you think in some way it helps your crappy hypothetical argument that has been shit on by many posters already. Kobe is the leader and face of the franchise for one of the worst teams in Lakers history ...why do you need to make up extra shit when like Mulder said the truth is out there for everyone to see? That is what I dont get and so since I know you are not stupid but continue to say dumbshit so I am done with you ...only reason i responded was to post the article and conclude my argument.

Umm... because the Lakers are not historically bad? Mid 90s Mavs had worse rosters, so did the mid 90s Nuggets, those early Miami teams, those awful Hornets, Magic teams, the Grizzlies, Raptors were significantly worse than the Lakers this year. This is not a 20 win team, this should be a 30 to 35 win team.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/kobe-bryant-is-hurting-the-lakers-7dd5b3b3fa13

Convincing Kobe to open his eyes and start passing, moving, collaborating, and playing with the team around him is a challenging proposition, and maybe with good reason, too — the team around Bryant is not good by any measure. It’s also unlikely that backing off on a few possessions to let the offense flow would somehow propel these Lakers into even a modicum of respectability. Anyone being honest knows that.

Scott has a huge hand in this too, I am not pretending that is not the case. If there is a system, the Lakers can be a good team.

Hey, we are still sitting at 0.100 without SwaggyMVP, 0.500 with SwaggyMVP.

Splits
12-16-2014, 04:22 PM

How did you read that article and come to that conclusion? I read the entire article, the point he is making is NOT that the team sucks and Kobe sucks, it's exactly the same point Amb is making, that Kobe is hurting his team and they are worse with him on the court ON OFFENSE. He doesn't even address the actual problem with Kobe and that is your DRtg is 118 with him on the court.

The title of the article is "Kobe Bryant Is Hurting The Lakers" and he uses advanced metrics to prove it on the offensive end. He then completely contradicts himself in his last paragraph with some soft language which isn't supported by the facts he just laid out or take into consideration the fact that he ignored Kobe's impact on defense.

Clipper Nation
12-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Damn, Killa getting shat on ITT.

Leave Kirby aloooone :cry

Splits
12-16-2014, 04:29 PM
the same article points out that the only players that are playing better without Kobe are Davis and Hill and (IIRC) Swaggy, Lin, Boozer and Wesley Johnson shoot perform etc (again using advanced metrics) worse when Kobe is off the floor.

No

http://i.imgur.com/5Xu8N4S.png

Not surprisingly, everyone’s usage rate rises when Kobe is taking a breather, but it is their performance during those times that is interesting. Robert Sacre and Nick Young shoot slightly worse with Bryant on the bench, and Jeremy Lin and Wesley Johnson fall off significantly, but several other players improve dramatically when more opportunity becomes available to them. Boozer and Jordan Hill, in particular, post impressive scoring efficiency marks with relatively high usage rates. Meanwhile, Ed Davis and Wayne Ellington have looked great in slightly larger roles.

As always, statistics are meaningless without context, so what about the overall team’s offensive efficiency when Kobe is not on the floor?

Los Angeles’ offense is 5.1 points worse per 100 possessions when Kobe is on the floor. (The Lakers’ defense is also 15.5 points better without Kobe, but that’s a separate bonfire, altogether.) Obviously, there are numerous variables in play, and the season is still relatively young, but when you’re leading the league in usage and per-game scoring, and your team’s offense is significantly better without you, something is broken.

Killakobe81
12-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Damn, Killa getting shat on ITT.

Leave Kirby aloooone :cry

Never said that shitheel in fact I posted an article that shat on Kobe ...my only argument is the Lakers suck with or without Kobe. And no splits the article says the Lakers and Kobe both suck but like Amb you only care about one part ...

But I won't waste my time like Jay says you only get half a bar ...

And why does Amb keep comparing us to historical bad teams? I said this is one of the worst Lakers team never said they were the GOAT or WOAT shitty team

Malik Hairston
12-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Anybody judging the Lakers or Kobe by contributions to wins/losses clearly doesn't understand the objective of the Lakers' season..

There's absolutely no reason to believe they ever had any intention to win games this season..they hired one of the worst coaches in recent history, and their biggest off-season signing was a player that has been defined by his ability to sell tickets and generate hype, rather than actual basketball talent(Lin)..

Kobe is currently a terrible team basketball player, and their roster is full of mediocre/bad players that were just as bad in their situations prior to this season..if Kobe played consistent team basketball and everybody was permitted to play the role they want, sure, the Lakers could be a 10th seed at the end of the season..

What's the point of being a 10th seed caliber team, though?:lol..especially for a franchise in basketball purgatory?..

This Lakers team is built to be at the bottom..only the Wolves and maybe the Jazz will be worse by the end of the year(in the West)..

Thread
12-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Anybody judging the Lakers or Kobe by contributions to wins/losses clearly doesn't understand the objective of the Lakers' season..

There's absolutely no reason to believe they ever had any intention to win games this season..they hired one of the worst coaches in recent history, and their biggest off-season signing was a player that has been defined by his ability to sell tickets and generate hype, rather than actual basketball talent(Lin)..

Kobe is currently a terrible team basketball player, and their roster is full of mediocre/bad players that were just as bad in their situations prior to this season..if Kobe played consistent team basketball and everybody was permitted to play the role they want, sure, the Lakers could be a 10th seed at the end of the season..

What's the point of being a 10th seed caliber team, though?:lol..especially for a franchise in basketball purgatory?..

This Lakers team is built to be at the bottom..only the Wolves and maybe the Jazz will be worse by the end of the year(in the West)..

Hair, running just as fast as he can.

Splits
12-16-2014, 10:49 PM
And no splits the article says the Lakers and Kobe both suck but like Amb you only care about one part ...

Please point me to the part of the article where the advanced stats show the non-Kobes suck on offense.

The article was focused solely on Kobe on/off offensive metrics.

It never came to the conclusion that the non-Kobes were a poor offensive team, the conclusion was:

Los Angeles’ offense is 5.1 points worse per 100 possessions when Kobe is on the floor. (The Lakers’ defense is also 15.5 points better without Kobe, but that’s a separate bonfire, altogether.) Obviously, there are numerous variables in play, and the season is still relatively young, but when you’re leading the league in usage and per-game scoring, and your team’s offense is significantly better without you, something is broken.

He didn't mention the fact that the non-Kobes have an ORtg which is above league average (108.7 vs 105.9), and equal to league average with Kobe on the court (105.2 vs. 105.9)

He admittedly ignored (that's a separate bonfire altogether) the fact that the non-Kobes have an impressive, close to elite DRtg compared to league average (101.6 vs 105.9) and Kobe on the court produces a historically impossible-to-accomplish bad DRtg of 118.

The article was solid looking at the numbers, but the throwaway conclusion was completely contradictory of the analysis.

Splits
12-16-2014, 11:06 PM
I would love for someone to explain to me how the non-Kobes have a DRtg of 101.6, which would be 5th in the league

http://i.imgur.com/NhCXlM2.png

yet Kobe is not hurting the team when he's on the court with the non-Kobe scrubs and their elite defense goes to historically bad DRtg of 118.0

http://i.imgur.com/wJxLl16.png

King Emmanuel
12-16-2014, 11:07 PM
kobe 5
duncan 4

ambchang
12-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Never said that shitheel in fact I posted an article that shat on Kobe ...my only argument is the Lakers suck with or without Kobe. And no splits the article says the Lakers and Kobe both suck but like Amb you only care about one part ...

But I won't waste my time like Jay says you only get half a bar ...

And why does Amb keep comparing us to historical bad teams? I said this is one of the worst Lakers team never said they were the GOAT or WOAT shitty team

You have to be pretty historically bad to only win 20 games in a season. A 30 to 35 win team is just a bad team. I am not even sure why you are so upset over it.

And being the worst Lakers team is about right. The team is on its way to missing the playoffs again, and they are going to miss the playoffs whether Kobe decides to play team ball or not because
a) the roster is that weak (not 20-win weak, but still weak)
b) Scott
c) the West is too loaded with good enough to make the playoffs but not enough to win it all teams

ambchang
12-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Water is wet. All you said is pretty obvious to anyone

I admire the way the Lakers go about it, because getting Scott and Kobe in the name of the Lakers brand, when in actuality the move was entirely to tank was brilliant, but it still doesn't mean the Lakers are as bad as a 20-win team. The Lakers are on pace to win around 27 games, which is about where they should be at.