PDA

View Full Version : Congress Suggests Moat, Eletronic Fence To Protect White House

ElNono
11-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Acting Secret Service director Joseph Clancy on Wednesday faced a number of tough questions from the House Judiciary Committee about the fence jumper who made it deep into the White House. But along with the tough questions, Clancy fielded a couple eyebrow raising suggestions on how to better protect the president's home (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/medieval-times-congress-suggests-moat-electronic-fence-protect-white-house-n251931). "Would a moat, water six feet around, be kind of attractive and effective?" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., asked with trepidation. Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, asked: “Would you be in favor of removing the fence around the White House and having, maybe, a virtual or electronic fence around it?” Clancy liked the moat idea better than the electric fence. “My knee-jerk reaction to that would be no, sir,” he told Gohmert. “Partly because of the number of tourists that come up Pennsylvania Avenue and come up to that area.”

:lol

spurraider21
11-19-2014, 07:30 PM
:lmao 6 foot moat... not only does that just sound ridiculous, but a coordinated adult could clear 6 feet

baseline bum
11-19-2014, 08:03 PM
:lmao 6 foot moat... not only does that just sound ridiculous, but a coordinated adult could clear 6 feet

We should have a dragon guarding the white house tbh.

SnakeBoy
11-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Electrified Moat FTW

m>s
11-19-2014, 11:01 PM
I like the idea of letting nutjobs hop the fence freely better

ElNono
11-20-2014, 01:25 AM
No wonder Congress has like 0.2% likeability.... I would kill for a job where I only have to show up when I want and sit down and ask stupid questions :lol

HI-FI
11-20-2014, 01:28 AM
No wonder Congress has like 0.2% likeability.... I would kill for a job where I only have to show up when I want and sit down and ask stupid questions :lol
that and the old, power hungry fucks like Reid, Pelosi, that douche Specter, plenty more, hold on for as long as possible. just a bunch of slimy career politicians.

Spurminator
11-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Is Louie Gohmert legitimately mentally handicapped?

Yonivore
11-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Is Louie Gohmert legitimately mentally handicapped?

Yeah, because Cohen's moat idea was reasonable.

Yonivore
11-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Well, then you're just like them -- or worse. I suspect most of them would simply lie, cheat ,or steal their way into office. Although, there are probably a few murderers among them.

Chomag
11-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Pretty much shows that our governments brains are still in the middle ages :lol

Spurminator
11-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Yeah, because Cohen's moat idea was reasonable.

I wasn't comparing them. Both ideas are idiotic. I'm not as familiar with Cohen's history of saying the most mind-bogglingly stupid things every time he opens his mouth. Gohmert is an embarrassment to Texas, America, and Democracy.

boutons_deux
11-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Pretty much shows that our governments brains are still in the middle ages :lol

uh, Repug brains.

ElNono
11-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Well, then you're just like them -- or worse. I suspect most of them would simply lie, cheat ,or steal their way into office. Although, there are probably a few murderers among them.

:lol you're the one eating what they spoonfeed you and doing their bidding on the interwebs... the irony...