PDA

View Full Version : KABB reports source who says Finley to Spurs.

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Was watching Maximum Sports on KABB and Chuck Miketinac said that he was told by a very reliable agent that one of the GM's of a team that pulled out of the Finley sweepstakes pulled out because Finley was going to the Spurs.

Read from it as you well, but Chuck isn't one to through around gossip like the guys from KSAT or WOAI.

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Chuck don't lie.

http://www.kabb.com/biography/images/cmiketinac-full.jpg

Rick Von Braun
08-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Writer,

May we trust you on this one?

Anyone else cares to confirm?

King
08-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Wasn't KABB the station that reported that a 'source' had told them he was a lock to Miami?

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Writer,

May we trust you on this one?

Anyone else cares to confirm?

I'm sure I wasn't the only to watch Maximum Sports tonight.

It was during their "Vent" segment where all three sports reports (Chuck, Laura, and Pittman) sit around and talk candidly.

TheWriter
08-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Wasn't KABB the station that reported that a 'source' had told them he was a lock to Miami?

Wasn't everyone reporting that. I mean, everyone.

Chuck mentioned that as well. He said he's been following the story all week very closely and though Finley was a lock to Miami as well. He probably was. but something changed.

Chuck just mentioned that a very reliable agent he knew, told him a GM from a team that was in the Finley sweepstakes backed out because Finley picked SA.

King
08-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I know most people were speculating Finley to Miami, but I thought I remembered KABB mentioning a 'reliable source.' I don't really remember if anyone else was.

Whatever. Hope the new report is true, though.

exstatic
08-28-2005, 11:12 PM
You know, I want this to happen just to SHUT SOME PIE HOLES HERE.

Wah! I'm bored! The Spurs haven't signed anyone today! Wah!

IceColdBrewski
08-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Let the rumors begin.

G-Nob
08-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Where's fin?

SPARKY
08-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Interesting. Hopefully there is still room for DBrown. Spurs would have an awesome swingman rotation if they could add Finley and retain Devin.

ducks
08-28-2005, 11:18 PM
cuban is going to go nuts and cry

SequSpur
08-28-2005, 11:19 PM
You know, I want this to happen just to SHUT SOME PIE HOLES HERE.

Wah! I'm bored! The Spurs haven't signed anyone today! Wah!

Settle Down Now.

ducks
08-28-2005, 11:22 PM
you mean he does not want to go to the hornets :lol

Rick Von Braun
08-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Interesting. Hopefully there is still room for DBrown. Spurs would have an awesome swingman rotation if they could add Finley and retain Devin. Agreed, albeit IMHO the priority should be a 6'8"+ (wingspan 6'10"+) defensive oriented SF player.

Even if we don't get Finley or anyone else, most fans don't realize this team is already awesome. A long 3 is one of the very few weaknesses the Spurs have.

Finley could help by possibly adding some scoring punch to the bench rotation, but he is not that critical.

SenorSpur
08-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Interesting. Hopefully there is still room for DBrown. Spurs would have an awesome swingman rotation if they could add Finley and retain Devin.

Aint gonna happen. If Finley does come, everyone can pretty much kiss Devin goodbye - which is why I'm against this acquisition to begin with.

Kori addressed this very subject on one of her earlier posts. Check out her comments:

So it looks like if Finley comes, then they won't re-sign Devin. If he doesn't come, then they will.

Then I guess they'll sign a small forward and a point guard with the 12th and 13th spots. Then maybe (or maybe not) fill out the "inactive list" with vets and projects.

SPARKY
08-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Finley pretty much fits that profile. Yeah, he's not a candidate for an all-defensive team but he's got the size and ability to be quite solid defensively. And yes, offensively he would be rather nice to have on that bench. He's better than any other potential backup 3 the Spurs have had a shot at this summer.

ducks
08-28-2005, 11:28 PM
to me this is a no brainer
sign a player like finley that is very good or a guy that 's back could go out anytime

SPARKY
08-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Aint gonna happen. If Finley does come, everyone can pretty much kiss Devin goodbye - which is why I'm against this acquisition to begin with.

Kori addressed this very subject on one of her earlier posts. Check out her comments:

Yeah, I saw that, but that was based on Ludden's musings, not Pop's.

ducks
08-28-2005, 11:31 PM
if duncan is healthy in playoffs you might as well give the spurs the next 2 years when finley signs

and if duncan does give hurt finley can help with the scoring
and when tp is working on his shot this summer finley can help with the scoring load

SenorSpur
08-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Finley pretty much fits that profile. Yeah, he's not a candidate for an all-defensive team but he's got the size and ability to be quite solid defensively. And yes, offensively he would be rather nice to have on that bench. He's better than any other potential backup 3 the Spurs have had a shot at this summer.

That's is the very dilemma. For all of his offensive prowess and size, Finley has NEVER developed as a defensive player. As has been said by numerous players, playing defense is about "want to" and "heart". I just don't know if this guy is capable of doing that.

No doubt, Finley's offensive production would be valuable - but at what price? Devin? A chance at an equally viable longer-term option (Matt Barnes, perhaps)?

The risk is not worth the long-term rewards, IM0.

thekingrobert
08-28-2005, 11:36 PM
As I recall MFin was a very good defender a couple yrs back and if he doesnt have to load most of the scoring he could actually be a very good defender again, hey if Pop can get Big Dog to play some D MFin is no prob by the way ask me and I'd rather have GRob better shooter and rebounder

ducks
08-28-2005, 11:36 PM
did not spurs teach big dog to play d

SenorSpur
08-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Big dog did make an effort. However at this stage of both his and Finley's career - you are what you are. You'll never be able to "teach an old dog new tricks".

spurjur
08-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Its not impossible for the Spurs to sign both Devin and Finley. They can still sign Devin if he (Devin) decides to remain one more year with the Spurs and become a free agent next off-season. Very doubtful this will happen, but it can happen. A can see Devin as a backup point. He can handle the ball well and would be when facing those bigger PGs. I say if Finley does decide to come, Devin will sign an offering sheet from Utah and the Spurs don't match.

ducks
08-28-2005, 11:40 PM
if finley comes to the spurs he knows he will have to pllay d or sit on the bench

SPARKY
08-28-2005, 11:42 PM
From a cap perspective the Spurs could definitely sign both. Now, from a basketball and budget viewpoint that could be different. Still, since Brown is a restricted free agent the Spurs will be able to greatly influence where he ends up.

ducks
08-28-2005, 11:45 PM
will big dog go to the heat now :pctoss

TheWriter
From a cap perspective the Spurs could definitely retain both.

Why would they do that though?

I could see signing Finley working because you could move Brent to backup point and let Beno grow and mature.

Then you'd have:

Tony/Brent/Beno
Manu/Finley

That's already a five man rotation at the 1-2. Devin would see less minutes then he ever has. And I believe that's all he wants, is minutes.

TheWriter
will big dog go to the heat now :pctoss

He's probably signing with the Bucks.

thekingrobert
08-28-2005, 11:53 PM
if Im Devin I would go somewhere where there SF or SG is fragile like say Nets Carter and those ppl are always hurt

TexasAggie2005
08-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Why would they do that though?

I could see signing Finley working because you could move Brent to backup point and let Beno grow and mature.

Then you'd have:

Tony/Brent/Beno
Manu/Finley

That's already a five man rotation at the 1-2. Devin would see less minutes then he ever has. And I believe that's all he wants, is minutes.

Finley will see more time at the 3 than at the 2. And I doubt we want to rely on Brent as our backup point. He did alright in the Finals, but I'd rather have a natural point backing up Tony (like Beno). So, you'd be looking at something more like:

1 - Tony/Beno
2 - Manu/Brent
3 - Bowen/Fin

I don't know how much space that leaves for Devin, and I doubt we'll have the financial flexibility to keep him anyhow, which is a shame.

DesiSpur_21
08-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Finley will see more time at the 3 than at the 2. And I doubt we want to rely on Brent as our backup point. He did alright in the Finals, but I'd rather have a natural point backing up Tony (like Beno). So, you'd be looking at something more like:

1 - Tony/Beno
2 - Manu/Brent
3 - Bowen/Fin

I don't know how much space that leaves for Devin, and I doubt we'll have the financial flexibility to keep him anyhow, which is a shame.

Brent is great as a backup point (a lot matured) - not that he'd see more time backin up Tony. His primary job is still SG. Beno still has a lot to learn before Spurs can get comfortable with him.

Yeah Devin's situation is a shame, but him getting injured didn't help his cause either - otherwise Spurs would have signed him by now. There are so many lazy players who make money just faking injuries, this hardworking guy deserved a good contract before his back broke.

2centsworth
08-29-2005, 12:30 AM
did anyone confirm that miketinac said anything of the sort?

baseline bum
08-29-2005, 12:46 AM
I want confirmation from someone else too. No way in hell I believe anything from Buddy Holly after he reported seeing the Spurs landed Oakley during Oprah.

Dre_7
08-29-2005, 01:03 AM
That's is the very dilemma. For all of his offensive prowess and size, Finley has NEVER developed as a defensive player.

See: Brent Barry, Glenn Robinson

SenorSpur
08-29-2005, 01:16 AM
See: Brent Barry, Glenn Robinson

Neither of these dudes are defensive stalwarts. Sure, they may have improved from awful to average, but make no mistake they are both very much defensive liabilities.

Finley's no exception. He was playing in a system where defense was never emphasized and I'm afraid it may be too late for him.

xcoriate
08-29-2005, 01:16 AM
Anyone that think Devin Brown can play point guard is obviously tripping.

Finley is a good spot up shooter i guess, could work well, and I like others could certainly use some confirmation of this. Were not really basing this conversation on the most reliable of posters.

xcoriate
08-29-2005, 01:18 AM
I disagree on Big Dog, his D on Carmelo was outstanding. Three blocks one game. He totally had his number. He had one problem and that was that he wasn't in his usual game shape and thus lacked quickness. With his normal quickness/fitness he would be a very good backup defensive/offensive SF.

The only question is would he do it for a whole year? Would he do it after he was given a new contract?

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 01:33 AM
I just re-watched the WOAI news - They said that Finley officially turned down the Nuggets but has not given any indication to other teams yet. They said that he is expected to make his decision by Tuesday.

DesiSpur_21
08-29-2005, 01:36 AM
I just re-watched the WOAI news - They said that Finley officially turned down the Nuggets but has not given any indication to other teams yet. They said that he is expected to make his decision by Tuesday.

Any confirmation/denials about KABB report?

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 01:39 AM
Any confirmation/denials about KABB report?

Another person here hopefully watched it. I didn't.

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 01:43 AM
If you people don't believe me, call up KABB and ask them, I'm sure they'd tell you what Chuck said.

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 01:44 AM
KABB

Telephone Numbers
Main: (210) 366-1129
News Desk: (210) 442-6318

mattyc
08-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Finley would be a coup.

DesiSpur_21
08-29-2005, 01:49 AM
If you people don't believe me, call up KABB and ask them, I'm sure they'd tell you what Chuck said.

We believe you :spin - just wanted confirmation from another source or Chuck's report is indeed true :lol

DesiSpur_21
08-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Finley would be a coup.

I'm with ya.

Brutalis
08-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Monday, sometime Monday, he is announcing.

Heat/Spurs is what it's down to.

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 03:57 AM
This shall be interesting. I hope he does announce it Monday where he is going to sign.

Samr
08-29-2005, 06:18 AM
I don't care about the Devin Brown loyalties or rewarding a good person- we did that with Malik and now he is gone.

Bottom line: if you have the chance to sign someone like Finley, DO IT. Same with when Kidd was a free agent. You don't just pass up these kind of opportunities. Once the initial signing boom has calmed, and all your perfect fits have signed elsewhere, you go for the best available. And that's what the Spurs are doing.

I hope Finley does sign with the Spurs. It would be awsome.

angel_luv
08-29-2005, 07:07 AM
I thought we couldn't afford Finley?????

blackbucket
08-29-2005, 07:12 AM
I want confirmation from someone else too. No way in hell I believe anything from Buddy Holly after he reported seeing the Spurs landed Oakley during Oprah.

I watched it. Chuck did say what Writer reported. However, Chuck said the information is third hand. He still believes Fin will end up in Miami but it is not a "lock" like it was 10 days ago.

Solid D
08-29-2005, 07:12 AM
I watched KABB last night and The Writer is correct. Chuck did say in the round-table discussion with Laura Green and Anthony Pittman that he had spoken with one of the sources he trusts and that one of the GMs...a GM of a team that stepped out of the competition for Michael Finley's services, had said that Finley was going to go to San Antonio.

It was a source connected with a GM...so it's sort of a friend-of-a-friend rumor that is very interesting but still needs more support. My feeling is that when people go through decision processes like this, things can change day-to-day. While it may be true insight, emotions can swing.

Chuck's rumor was the first one I've heard that Finley was leaning in a certain direction (the Spurs), since the Miami "done-deal" rumors this time last week.

JUUOT
08-29-2005, 08:01 AM
it is devin or finley.
since devin is not the longterm solution we need at SF and manu is too young to give an opportunity for devin in the next 2 years, i would prefer to have finley. plus he would be hungry for totle and that will pull the rest of the group.
then you add barnes that will replace bowen in 2 seasons and you are set at wings for 3 years.
manu, brent, finley
bowen, barnes, finley

ace3g
08-29-2005, 08:21 AM
why not manu, brent, brown
bowen, barnes, finley

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Big dog did make an effort. However at this stage of both his and Finley's career - you are what you are. You'll never be able to "teach an old dog new tricks".

So, you're saying that a younger Mike Finley (he's younger than Big Dog by about 2 months) with one less year in the NBA (Big Dog entered the NBA in 1994; Finley in 1995) is less likely to put forth an effort to play defense with the Spurs? That strikes me as curious logic. Somehow, the Spurs culture could infect Big Dog, but not Finley? You're going to have to go a way to convince me of that.

Solid D
08-29-2005, 08:37 AM
bowen, barnes, finley

Manu played 33 minutes/game and Bruce played 35 minutes/game in the 2004-05 playoffs.

If you consider 15 minutes and 13 minutes remaining per game for the other (4) wing players, that's 28 minutes. Finley would probably justify a minimum 18-20 of those 28 minutes if not more, so it leaves 10-12 minutes to be shared by Brent, Devin and Barnes in your described scenario.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Bear in mind that the Spurs could very well be bluffing about the Finley or Brown 'choice' (and I'd say that the forum is reading too much into Ludden's article).

Unless the Jazz want to make a huge commitment to Brown then it's up to the Spurs where he ends up next season. Do you see the Spurs losing such a nice role player if his price is a couple mil a season? I don't.

JUUOT
08-29-2005, 08:47 AM
bowen, barnes, finley
if you want i can give more details but:

money
cap space
playing time
12 players on active roster (5 bigs is already complete, at least 2 PG, 5 wings) i would not want to see neither brown nor barnes on the IL
we have 2 more places for wings and it will be between finley and brown for the first one and barnes as the lead for the second one

JUUOT
08-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Bear in mind that the Spurs could very well be bluffing about the Finley or Brown 'choice' (and I'd say that the forum is reading too much into Ludden's article).

Unless the Jazz want to make a huge commitment to Brown then it's up to the Spurs where he ends up next season. Do you see the Spurs losing such a nice role player if his price is a couple mil a season? I don't.

if by a couple million a season you mean 2M$ a season added to the 2.5M of finley i say yes i do see the spurs letting him go cause they do not have such money to give

Kip Fanatic
08-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Let's say that Finley does decide to sign in San Antonio. What then? Do the Spurs then try to persuade NVE to sign here or do they turn somewhere else?

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 08:53 AM
if by a couple million a season you mean 2M$ a season added to the 2.5M of finley i say yes i do see the spurs letting him go cause they do not have such money to give

Sure they do.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Finley should join the spurs because then he can sweep the mavs in the playoffs for cuttin him, defeat the suns for trading him :D:D and he be hungry for success. At least he be used properly then glen robinson who came in late durin the season.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 09:08 AM
If Glenn Robinson had a full season with the Spurs he would've had a spot in the rotation. That said, Finley's game is a better fit for the Spurs' offensive system.

Gummi
08-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Glenn must have made some kind of verbal agreement or something with the Bucks. Why wouldn't the Spurs try to persue him to re-sign? I liked what he brought to the team last season. I haven't read anything that would make me believe the Spurs are interested at all.

IMO Finley and Glenn are pretty much the same player. Finley is a better outside shooter (3P shooter), but both guys are kind of sloppy on D, both have a great mid-range jumper, and both are good finishers around the basket.

I just hope the Spurs will re-sign Glenn if Finley decides to sign elsewhere.

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 09:56 AM

The Spurs don't even have their min. 13 yet and are almost at the lux tax line.

Why would they sign Finley with the rest of the MLE money then resign Devin for a million plus?

While still needed atleast one more player.

Brown is let go because A: He gets no playing time. B: Why pay someone over a million dollars for multiple years and NOT play said person.

picnroll
08-29-2005, 10:03 AM
If the Spurs sign Finley you can bet that Brown is praying the Spurs don't resign him.

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 10:12 AM
If the Spurs sign Finley you can bet that Brown is praying the Spurs don't resign him.

Exactly.

Devin has said himself many times his biggest concern is playing time. That he wants to sign somewhere he'll get good playing time.

If SA signs Finley, Devin is seeing 2005 postseason minutes.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Since the lux tax system has changed, it doesn't matter as much if the Spurs should go over. They are not going to lose all of the distribution.

Also, the Spurs have 10 players under contract and are still significantly below the lux tax threshold.

Brown can pray all he wants. If the Spurs opt to retain him instead of losing him for nothing there is nothing he can do.

picnroll
08-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Spurs don't make a habit of keeping players that they know are going to be majorly unhappy. At most they'd use him in a S&T if Brown, the Spurs and a team that wanted him could agree.

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Brown can pray all he wants. If the Spurs opt to retain him instead of losing him for nothing there is nothing he can do.

I'm pretty sure if he asks the Spurs not to match they won't.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 10:26 AM
As if Brown would be unhappy getting paid and playing for his hometown team. It wouldn't be hard for him to take minutes from Barry either.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure if he asks the Spurs not to match they won't.

The Spurs have an effectiive front office, not a compassionate one.

picnroll
08-29-2005, 10:28 AM
If Spurs could sign Finley and trade Barry I could see them keeping Brown. Otherwise say goodbye to Devin.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Maybe they'll just keep Brown instead of letting him go for nothing. He's not going to cost that much to retain and losing talent without anything in return is generally a bad idea.

tempest186
08-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I could see a S & T for Devin with Utah for a 2nd round pick or something like that since Utah is under the cap.

Gino2882
08-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Keepig Devin might not even be that great of an option. Back problems are tricky.

Getting Finley IMO makes this team the immediate favorite.

nkdlunch
08-29-2005, 11:02 AM
very interesting. I had a feeling Finley was smart to know the Spurs will repeat next year. Hopefully this rumor is true

:lmao at phoenix clowns who were ignored even though they sent the whole team to meet Finley

Rescueone
08-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I could see a S & T for Devin with Utah for a 2nd round pick or something like that since Utah is under the cap.

Agree! If they lose Devin, they will do a sign and trade. That's the proper way for both to be happy with the departure. The Spurs will not just "let him go" without compensation.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Devin for McLeod.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 11:21 AM
So you lose a young role player who has proven he can play in the league and in your system over a couple mil and a pick? No thanks.

TexasAggie2005
08-29-2005, 11:25 AM
A couple million is a lot of money, especially for a guy who'll ride the pine. And everyone calling for a sign and trade has to realize that Utah has no incentive to participate. They'd probably be able to just sign Devin outright, so why give up a pick? We're not going to match if we've already signed Finley. Not unless we've also traded Barry.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 11:27 AM
A couple million is a lot of money, especially for a guy who'll ride the pine. And everyone calling for a sign and trade has to realize that Utah has no incentive to participate. They'd probably be able to just sign Devin outright, so why give up a pick? We're not going to match if we've already signed Finley. Not unless we've also traded Barry.

Brown is a restricted free agent. Unless the Jazz are planning on signing him to a deal starting at over $5 million, they have to be at the table.

picnroll
08-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Make that couple of million four million if the Spurs cross the lux tax line.

TexasAggie2005
08-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Brown is a restricted free agent. Unless the Jazz are planning on signing him to a deal starting at over $5 million, they have to be at the table.

The Jazz can just sign him to an offer sheet for a couple million a year. We're NOT going to match that. Therefore, they don't need a trade, they just sign him outright. It's a gamble on their part, but a safe enough one they wouldn't need to throw away a draft pick. And Brown isn't so integral to their plans that they can't risk it.

NOTE: This is if we sign Finley. No Finley means we'd probably match, but Devin also probably wouldn't sign the Utah offer sheet if we told him we're resigning him.

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 11:33 AM
maybe if Dan Cook said it

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Also, I wouldn't assume that it would be Brown who rides the bench. Barry is a prime candidate to be beaten out for a spot.

Anyways, why lose talent over (by NBA standards) a few bucks? Who gives a fuck if Holt Cat saves extra money? I don't.

And Finley is big enough to be a legit backup 3 man.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 11:37 AM
The Jazz can just sign him to an offer sheet for a couple million a year. We're NOT going to match that. Therefore, they don't need a trade, they just sign him outright. It's a gamble on their part, but a safe enough one they wouldn't need to throw away a draft pick. And Brown isn't so integral to their plans that they can't risk it.

NOTE: This is if we sign Finley. No Finley means we'd probably match, but Devin also probably wouldn't sign the Utah offer sheet if we told him we're resigning him.

If the Jazz signed him to such an offer the Spurs would probably match it. That's not a large enough offer for the Jazz to be confident that the Spurs wouldn't match it.

So they'll be at the table.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
You people kill me.

Devin Brown isn't going anywhere. Nobody, including the Utah Jazz would sign a scrub for more than 2 million and the Spurs are not getting Michael Finley despite what someone's cousin's brother's dog's cat's mailman said on the local news last night.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Who gives a fuck if Holt Cat saves extra money? I don't.Unfortunately, our opinions on this don't matter. Judging from past FA situations, I'd say if Finley is signed and Devin asks the Spurs to not match a Jazz offer, he's gone. The only question is whether we could negotiate a sign-and-trade at that point for a pick or player.

If Finley doesn't sign, Spurs will likely match a reasonable Jazz offer for Devin -- provided Devin doesn't ask to be let go.

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
my cousins dogs cats mailman isnt very reliable anyway

picnroll
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM

The security of knowing the Spurs won't match might allow Utah to offer a lesser amount, save Utah a few hundred thousand in the offer, even a million or more in a longer term deal. That could be worth a second round pick to the Jazz.

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
hey Texasaggie 2005
remember when yall lost to Baylor?
remember when Texas rolled yall up and before that and before that and before that and before that?
remember courtney lewis' rushing total for the cotton bowl?

had to do it

greywheel
08-29-2005, 12:53 PM
The security of knowing the Spurs won't match might allow Utah to offer a lesser amount, save Utah a few hundred thousand in the offer, even a million or more in a longer term deal. That could be worth a second round pick to the Jazz.

Can they still front load contracts? That might be just enough to scare the Spurs.

wildbill2u
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
if Im Devin I would go somewhere where there SF or SG is fragile like say Nets Carter and those ppl are always hurt

If I'm a GM who has people who are always hurt, I'm not likely to sign a guy coming off a back injury that made it impossible for him to even workout for several months.

G-Nob
08-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Second source....

NBA RUMORS COMMENTARY

Michael Finley should make his decision on which team to join today, tomorrow or Wednesday. It still appears that Miami is the favorite, though one connected person InsideHoops.com knows swears that the Spurs will get him. But he's hearing it through the grapevine, so I'm not printing it as an official InsideHoops.com-sourced rumor. (If you've been reading this site for the last few years, you know that literally 100% of rumors sourced to InsideHoops.com on this page have been true.) The Suns are possible. The Timberwolves are considered the long-shot... It looks like Latrell Sprewell should have taken that initial contract extension that the Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly offered him a while back before he became a free agent. Relying entirely on memory here - not making phone calls to confirm this - but I think it was for around three years and $21 million total... I believe that the haircut of Sprewell and Troy Hudson will hurt their careers until the day they retire. The mere sight makes terrified babies sob in mommy's arms. Little children scream, "Dad, why are those men wearing their hair that way? Is it because I've been bad? Are going to leave mommy and move away from us?" That's just not right, folks... I still think Steve Belkin was right, that giving two first round draft picks away for the right to overpay Joe Johnson was too much for Atlanta to do, even if they have a very hard time attracting talent. Johnson will immediately help them, but I'd still have gone the route of gathering up more first rounders before spending big money on any one player who wasn't a top superstar. Anyway, it's a better NBA if every team, including Atlanta, is competitive. I'm always for a better NBA. Go Hawks... So which players in contract seasons will play harder than ever and fool teams into overpaying for them? ... It feels like years since the Bucks let Terry Porter go, doesn't it? ... NBA training camps open in just a month or so. Nirvana is near! Get into a yoga position, surround yourself with nature, and be at peace, for soon you'll have pro basketball in your life once again... The European basketball championships are in September, and InsideHoops.com will provide full previews and daily coverage. Lots of NBA players are involved, so that'll interest you even if you don't care about international basketball... InsideHoops.com is your permanent basketball home... Go INSIDE HOOPS every day... More NBA rumors all day if they develop; always check back... Talk to you tomorrow morning.

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Hmmm...Finley's camp is probably using the Spurs' interest as leverage to get what they want out of Miami.

MiNuS
08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
TD-TP-MG-BB-NM

Rasho
Horry
Oberto
Barry
Udrich
Finley

If he can't beat them,join them. Finley come over to the darkside.

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Clandestino said he heard from his friend at the hospital that Finley signed today with the Spurs

LilMissSPURfect
08-29-2005, 02:52 PM
dam.....guess IF YOU BUILD IT...................THEY "WILL" COME!!!!!!!!

*a championship caliber team with character !!!!!!!

LilMissSPURfect
08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Clandestino said he heard from his friend at the hospital that Finley signed today with the Spurs

i remember that one........... :lol :lol :elephant :elephant :smokin :smokin :drunk :drunk

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
All we need now is for Angel_luv to bless this transaction with her unbridled optimism.

(Hey, it kept Rasho & Beno on the team.)

mookie2001
08-29-2005, 02:59 PM
i saw Beno at best buy he was wearing a pastel colored polo with the collar up

lotr1trekkie
08-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to sign Devon. He just fits with us. However, signing Finley is a bonus for us because it keeps him away from the Suns where he would make up a lot for Johnson's departure. If he signs with the Heat he'll just be part of the non-chemistry that exist anywhere Antoine and Jason play. U dib't exoect to see Heat in the final either way.
Finally, we could also sign Finley and then Devon and package Rasho and someone else[Barry] for someone valuable.

timvp
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
The Spurs never actually get the best player on the market. At this point, Finley is the best player on the market. Those players like to use the Spurs and have them on a wild goose chase ... but at the end, they'll sign with the bigger market.

At this point I'll say that the Spurs have a 0% chance of landing this MF.

:smokin

marcus
08-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Devin for McLeod.

Brown + a 2nd round pick for Humphries, hands down!

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 03:59 PM

You probably just jinxed them into signing him.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM

This Michael Finley? :angel

picnroll
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
True, in all likelihood Finley is using the Spurs to leverage Miami into full MLE or a longer term contract.

timvp
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
This Michael Finley? :angel

:tu

timvp
08-29-2005, 04:19 PM
True, in all likelihood Finley is using the Spurs to leverage Miami into full MLE or a longer term contract.

Exactly. Think about it ... the Heat right now have no reason to offer him the entire MLE over three or four years. But if he threatens Miami by "leaning towards" San Antonio, the Heat will do whatever it takes.

What the Heat want to do is pay Finley part of the MLE so they have enough room to get another free agent like Damon Jones.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd have to agree. The Spurs have a history of not landing such players. Brent Barry and Glenn Robinson are probably the closest the Spurs have come to landing a name free agent and it's not like GRob had a lot of interest in him last April.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Exactly. Think about it ... the Heat right now have no reason to offer him the entire MLE over three or four years. But if he threatens Miami by "leaning towards" San Antonio, the Heat will do whatever it takes.

What the Heat want to do is pay Finley part of the MLE so they have enough room to get another free agent like Damon Jones.

Exactly.

picnroll
08-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Probably SA's best shot at getting MF is if the Heat hold their ground and MF gets insulted.

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Pop sounded as Finley will most likely not sign with the Spurs.

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
If Finley is all about the money then why would Pop say he'd be surprised if Finley signed in Miami and that he thinks he's going to Phoenix???

I think all it is is Pop not ruining the real surprise for tomorrow.

spurschick
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Finley can start in Phoenix - he'd have to fight for minutes here.

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 05:44 PM
If Finley is all about the money then why would Pop say he'd be surprised if Finley signed in Miami and that he thinks he's going to Phoenix???

I think all it is is Pop not ruining the real surprise for tomorrow.

Pop said that he thought Finley would go to Phoenix because he could start there and has connections (Nash/Bell). Pop said that he told him flat out he wouldn't be able to start here.

Maybe Finley is coming here and Pop is smoke screening, but that's what he said.

usckk
08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Pop said that he thought Finley would go to Phoenix because he could start there and has connections (Nash/Bell). Pop said that he told him flat out he wouldn't be able to start here.

Maybe Finley is coming here and Pop is smoke screening, but that's what he said.
That would be freaking awesome.

Money316
08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Didn't bother reading all 5 pages, so excuse me if someone has already posted this info.

According to www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtm. -- "Michael Finley should make his decision on which team to join today, tomorrow or Wednesday. It still appears that Miami is the favorite, though one connected person InsideHoops.com knows swears that the Spurs will get him. But he's hearing it through the grapevine, so I'm not printing it as an official InsideHoops.com-sourced rumor. (If you've been reading this site for the last few years, you know that literally 100% of rumors sourced to InsideHoops.com on this page have been true.)

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Weren't NVE and Finley really close?

Maybe closer to him than Nash.

Rick Von Braun
08-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I would be very surprise if Finley ends up with the Spurs. Based on the Spurs history with FAs, I think the actual chances to get MF are slim to none.

Sii
08-29-2005, 06:14 PM
I would be very surprise if Finley ends up with the Spurs. Based on the Spurs history with FAs, I think the actual chances to get MF are slim to none.

wasnt NVE a FA? they just signed him. They got Oberto who was looking at other teams. Last year with Barry

MF isnt a superstar and thats where SA has had problems with people like Kidd, Webb etc..

with how Pop talked on Finley today - I would expect him to sign with the Spurs shortly. No one is expecting him to take less money and go to the Suns. Pop saying Miami would be a total shock is too strange

My guess is SA is still working out the details with Finley and Pop didnt want to give any sort of hint whatsoever. He sent people in a total different direction

Sense
08-29-2005, 06:16 PM

You haven't looked at the recent acquisitions.

Rick Von Braun
08-29-2005, 07:37 PM
You haven't looked at the recent acquisitions. Yep, your are right :)

Like 10 minutes difference between Kori's posts and mine... plus I was on the phone http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

I am surprised at the NVE signing... I think this is one of the first big agents signings in a while. And no, I don't consider Barry a big agent signing last year.

If the Spurs land Finley (I don't know what the final status on that one), everyone in the media will jump into the Spurs' bandwagon if they haven't already done it.

Good Times © http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smismokin.gif

Sii
08-29-2005, 07:59 PM
anyone watching Fox Sports SW today? two different forums (one a heat site) are mentioning something being on the Sports Report today about Finley close to joining the Spurs

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 08:02 PM
anyone watching Fox Sports SW today? two different forums (one a heat site) are mentioning something being on the Sports Report today about Finley close to joining the Spurs

What forums where these mentioned?

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 08:04 PM
I haven't seen Fox Sports Southwest today .. maybe they got it from KABB. :)

timvp
08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
TheWriter, did you catch Oprah today. Any updates?

:)

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 08:07 PM
TheWriter, did you catch Oprah today. Any updates?

:)

Charles Oakley is said to be down to either a bed pan or a shit bag.

I'll keep you guys updated.

timvp
08-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Charles Oakley is said to be down to either a bed pan or a shit bag.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks.

:tu

Sii
08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
What forums where these mentioned?

one was the Heat board on RealGM the other was in the basketball forum of a major college sports site. both mentioned Fox SW specifically

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 08:21 PM
one was the Heat board on RealGM the other was in the basketball forum of a major college sports site. both mentioned Fox SW specifically

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=412312

Found it.

Can anyone confirm this?

Sii
08-29-2005, 08:26 PM
I didnt believe it till someone mentioned seeing it on the college board I post on

I guess watch tonight at their 10pm report to see if they say it again

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Do you have a link to the college board?

SequSpur
08-29-2005, 09:20 PM
I can tell you all right now and very decisively......

I am not down with this MF on the Spurs.

Devin Brown better be signed.

TheWriter
08-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I didnt believe it till someone mentioned seeing it on the college board I post on

I guess watch tonight at their 10pm report to see if they say it again

Link to the college board?

gospursgojas
08-29-2005, 09:29 PM
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=412312

Found it.

Can anyone confirm this?

:lol @ the Mod telling that guy to watch the language...

gospursgojas
08-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Damn... Im going to loose so much vBookie if Fin signs with the Spurs and DB doesn't....

marcus
08-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Damn... Im going to loose so much vBookie if Fin signs with the Spurs and DB doesn't....

I will be poor if that happens :depressed

Trainwreck2100
08-29-2005, 09:51 PM
The black guy on Maximum Sports mentioned nothing

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 09:55 PM
It would be a bit humorous if Finley shunned conventional wisdom and did not go where he could (1) get the most $ from his new team, (2) play with Shaq, (3) get his $ faster from Cuban and (4) live in Miami.

Call me crazy but if Pop is saying that he thinks that Finley will sign elsewhere, esp. Phoenix (wtf?), that means he'll be a Spur.

sandman
08-29-2005, 09:56 PM
I need for this "source" to be accurate, if just for the simple reason to shut the pie holes of all these Rock-ette fans who think that Stromile and DA were getting them to the Promised Land. God I hate listening to Houston sports radio!!

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 10:00 PM
All Finley would have to do is beat out Barry for the backup swing role. While Pop couldn't promise him a starter's role, I wonder if Pop told him he would be first off the bench in SA. Manu-Bruce-Finley-Barry would be a great rotation for the wings.

sandman
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
All Finley would have to do is beat out Barry for the backup swing role. While Pop couldn't promise him a starter's role, I wonder if Pop told him he would be first off the bench in SA. Manu-Bruce-Finley-Barry would be a great rotation for the wings.

Can't think of a better first off the bench player NOT named Ginobili. With NVE, Barry, Rob, Oberto and possbily MF, that bench goes beyond deep. That buries Rasho, Beno, Wilks and whomever else is a viable rotation player for any other team down at the scrub end of the bench.

You should listen to sports radio over here almost willing to sell their firstborn to keep the Spurs from signing anyone, much less the calibre of NVE or MF.

SPARKY
08-29-2005, 10:16 PM
How about Finley + Big Dog? :) Yeah, slim to none chance, I suppose. But they could offer Robinson a 2 year deal for the LLE with an option after the 1st year. If he opted out next summer, the Spurs would hold his Early Bird rights and could sign him for up to the MLE level while preserving the MLE to use on someone else (ie Scola).

Big Dog is finding it tough to get a decent offer this summer. Maybe a full tour with the Spurs next season would be enough to restore his rep around the league.

Of course, if the Spurs take Finley then you'd have Miami with a full MLE to spend. But maybe Damon Jones and DerMarr Johnson would be more attractive to them.

picnroll
08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
SPARKY you must collect every stray dog and cat in the neighborhood. :lol

boutons
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
As we heard so many times, Fin's PPG has been declining for 5 years.

He just had a HORRIBLE playoffs:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_finley/index.html

and single-handedly lost the elimination Game6 vs PHX by no-showing and being the only man in 6-man rotation not in double figures:

http://www.nba.com/games/20050520/PHODAL/boxscore.html

... as the Mavs lost in OT.

His only talent is scoring, and that is way down, especially in these playoffs.
And when he's not scoring, can he play Spurs defense?

I say let MIA or PHX have him, and let's see how Devin's back hold up.

Tek_XX
08-29-2005, 10:30 PM
Finley was also the only one keeping Dallas in some of those games against Phoenix.

clubalien
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
With KABB reporting finely and already having NVE signed we are turning into the the lakers.
not sure I like that sign two major old FA and then lose in finals

Money316
08-29-2005, 10:32 PM
SPARKY you must collect every stray dog and cat in the neighborhood. :lol

:owned

:fro :fro :fro

TOP-CHERRY
08-29-2005, 10:33 PM
With KABB reporting finely and already having NVE signed we are turning into the the lakers.
It's not like they're starting for us, though. And unlike the Lakers, we have designated roles for them... We know where we need them incorporated into the team. Not becoming the team.

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
How are we turning into the Lakers? :lol

boutons
08-29-2005, 10:40 PM
"Finley was also the only one keeping Dallas in some of those games against Phoenix."

absolutley not. looks at his stats vs PHX. As primarily a scorer, he broke double figures significantly only once, with 31 pts. 4 games in single figures. He kept PHX in the games. :)

Tek_XX
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
Boutons with 4,375 posts you don't know how to use the quote button?

SenorSpur
08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
As we heard so many times, Fin's PPG has been declining for 5 years.

He just had a HORRIBLE playoffs:

and single-handedly lost the elimination Game6 vs PHX by no-showing and being the only man in 6-man rotation not in double figures:

http://www.nba.com/games/20050520/PHODAL/boxscore.html

... as the Mavs lost in OT.

His only talent is scoring, and that is way down, especially in these playoffs.
And when he's not scoring, can he play Spurs defense?

I say let MIA or PHX have him, and let's see how Devin's back hold up.

Another person echos my sentiments......again.

boutons
08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
"Boutons with 4,375 posts you don't know how to use the quote button"

WGAF?

TOP-CHERRY
08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
:lol

Steve-O-Matic
08-29-2005, 11:01 PM

Not that I'm doubting this necessarily, but where exactly did Pop say that???

nkdlunch
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM

haha, I'm gonna get paid if he comes to SA....

Come on Finley!!!

http://biadesssa.flogbrasil.terra.com.br/1110944568.jpg

loveforthegame
08-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Pop's comments sound like smokescreen.

He shouldn't be surprised if he signs with Miami unless he already knows he's signing elsewhere (like SA). Or let's say that Finley gave off strong vibes about returning to Phoenix, I don't think Pop would be breaking that news.

It's my bet that Finley agreed with whoever today and contract stuff was being worked out with an announcement coming tomorrow.

Vashner
08-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Finley.... Just Say No!...

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 10:03 AM
The Spurs need some type of scoring threat off the bench. NVE will help in that department, but why stop there? The Spurs would be hard pressed to find a better swingman for $2.5 mil than Finley.

Spurs Biggest Fan
08-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Not that I'm doubting this necessarily, but where exactly did Pop say that???

It was on the Pop show with Don Harris.

He said all that. -- really :)

nkdlunch
08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Michael Finley's decision may come down today. Finley narrowed his options to Phoenix, Miami, San Antonio and Minnesota, all of which sent recruiting contingents to see him in Chicago last week. The Suns are out of the mix, but Miami is considered the favorite.
-- The Arizona Republic

Pop was way off or he was just talking shit? we'll find out

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Michael Finley's decision may come down today. Finley narrowed his options to Phoenix, Miami, San Antonio and Minnesota, all of which sent recruiting contingents to see him in Chicago last week. The Suns are out of the mix, but Miami is considered the favorite.
-- The Arizona Republic

This is definitely intriguing. Conventional wisdom would say that Finley's camp is using the interest of other teams to get what it wants out of the Heat and I would have to agree with that.

I haven't looked at the Heat's payroll for next season as well as their current player contracts but with Shaq getting that extension you can bet that other parts of the roster are going to be squeezed. It doesn't seem like a stretch to believe the Heat are quite reluctant to give Finley the contract length he wants.

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Also, I must admit it would be somewhat enjoyable to see the Spurs land Finley, especially after all of the media jocking of the Heat this offseason after they landed Williams, Walker and Posey.

Oberto, NVE and Finley would be one hell of an offseason, especially for the defending champs.

Kip Fanatic
08-30-2005, 11:01 AM
I've never heard Pop sound so obvious. It may be just me, but Pop seems like he was bluffing about Finley leaning towards Phoenix. It makes sense in a way because he would more than likely start, but would be getting less money, however, they do have a good chance to make it to the Western Conference Finals with SA. Miami can pay him more now, but who knows about his playing time and the chances of them actually winning it all. The Spurs just seem like the obvious choice because you will be getting $2.5 and at least 15-20 minutes a game, which could be good in a way because it could preserve his health for the playoffs and the Finals. I just think Pop was bluffing about Finley going to Phoenix maybe to get any attention from the media away from San Antonio.

CubanMustGo
08-30-2005, 11:07 AM
-- The Arizona Republic

I think this is a misquote (courtesy of CNNSI, not you nkdlunch). I saw that and went to the AZ Republic site, nothing there or on azcentral.com that said the Suns were out. Republic just said the same thing everyone else did, that Mia was still the favorite.

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 11:13 AM
I've never heard Pop sound so obvious. It may be just me, but Pop seems like he was bluffing about Finley leaning towards Phoenix. It makes sense in a way because he would more than likely start, but would be getting less money, however, they do have a good chance to make it to the Western Conference Finals with SA. Miami can pay him more now, but who knows about his playing time and the chances of them actually winning it all. The Spurs just seem like the obvious choice because you will be getting $2.5 and at least 15-20 minutes a game, which could be good in a way because it could preserve his health for the playoffs and the Finals. I just think Pop was bluffing about Finley going to Phoenix maybe to get any attention from the media away from San Antonio.

Also, the Spurs can pay him more next season with the MLE. That would, of course, be assuming that the Spurs do not intend to bring Scola over next summer.

As for your 1st point, I agree. Pop seems to know something.

boutons
08-30-2005, 11:16 AM
"could preserve his health for the playoffs and the Finals"

Go look an Fin's playoff performance this year. He's was a no show, averaging only 13 PPG, for a scorer?? He totally disappeared in the elimination Game6 vs PHX, and @DAL.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/schedule/results_2004.html

Looking at this year's playoffs, I'm not sure Fin getting amnestied was only for saving luxury tax.

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
13 ppg is bad for your second option in the Playoffs. For your 6th or 7th option off the bench? I'll take it.

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Finley was playing with a hurt knee. If the Spurs were counting on Finley to start and play 30+ minutes a night, I might share your concerns.

But for 15 to 20 minutes a night backing up Manu and Bruce off the bench and going against opposing 2nd string players, I most definitely do not.

ObiwanGinobili
08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Pop saying he was going to the Suns sounded like a load of crap to me (not a load that he said it , but him telling a load).
It;s a smoke screen.
Finley is either going to SA or Miami. I'm leanign towards SA now that I've seen Pop go all CIA again.
Whenever he goes CIA you can't ever believe a single word out of his mouth.

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Also, Finley's skills would be a nice fit for a Spurs' swingman. He's got the range on his jumper as well as the accuracy. He can put the ball on the floor and attack when needed and he is big enough to see minutes at the 3. The Spurs could go with a Manu-Barry-Finley perimeter at times when they want some offense.

It's kind of hard to knock a defending champ landing a talent like Finley for $2.5 mil, especially with the Heat as a competitor in free agency, but never, I repeat never, doubt Spurs fans.

LilMissSPURfect
08-30-2005, 12:12 PM
no new is good news.........(&_*^^&(%????????

someone post something new.... :elephant :elephant :pctoss

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Something new.

Kori Ellis
08-30-2005, 12:26 PM
I think Finley's decision will be known within four hours or so.

TMSKILZ
08-30-2005, 12:36 PM
With the Spurs signing NVE, Finley isn't coming.

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 12:38 PM

Why not? NVE is going to see most of his minutes at the 1. Finley will have the opportunity to be the 1st swing off the bench in SA. He could be a serious candidate for the 6th Man of the Year award. Plus, I would say, the opportunity to spend the rest of his career winning championships.

CubanMustGo
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM

Yesterday, everyone was saying you sign Fin, you get NVE. Why couldn't the opposite also be true? :drunk

milkyway21
08-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Was watching Maximum Sports on KABB and Chuck Miketinac said that he was told by a very reliable agent that one of the GM's of a team that pulled out of the Finley sweepstakes pulled out because Finley was going to the Spurs.

Read from it as you well, but Chuck isn't one to through around gossip like the guys from KSAT or WOAI.

:D

u got it right, the Writer. Mike is coming to S.A. :tu

TheWriter
08-31-2005, 09:50 PM
:D

u got it right, the Writer. Mike is coming to S.A. :tu

Another Spur for me!!!

Come on!

milkyway21
08-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Another Spur for me!!!

Come on!:tu

i was reviewing the posts, almost 70% didn't believe you.
he:D :he:D :he:D

Solid D
08-31-2005, 10:14 PM
timvp with a 0% chance of the Spurs signing Michael Finley and Sequ not being down with Finley are two that stand out in this thread to me. :smokin

Trainwreck2100
08-31-2005, 10:16 PM
I still say Chuck was BSing

timvp
08-31-2005, 11:01 PM
The Spurs never actually get the best player on the market. At this point, Finley is the best player on the market. Those players like to use the Spurs and have them on a wild goose chase ... but at the end, they'll sign with the bigger market.

What an idiot.

:hat

Trainwreck2100
08-31-2005, 11:02 PM
What an idiot.

Acceptance is the first step to a cure.

CharlieMac
08-31-2005, 11:11 PM
What an idiot.