PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins

illusioNtEk
11-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Any chance of us getting him next year? lol just making sure

Floyd Pacquiao
11-21-2014, 11:12 AM
He's a thug. Not really spurs material, tbh.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2014, 11:47 AM

Dude has become a pretty solid role model. Even held his coach back from getting T'ed up when he fouled out earlier this year. He's making an effort, I think the Spurs system would do him some good.

100%duncan
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Lol. Pop can straighten him up. Besides, hes improved mentally and dude is one of the best bigs right now.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Lol. Pop can straighten him up. Besides, hes improved mentally and dude is one of the best bigs right now.

We all thought Pop could straighten out Stephen Jackson, and we all know what happened their. Like they say, "you can take the nigga out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the nigga."

100%duncan
11-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Yeah and Cousins is apparently Stephen jackson.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2014, 12:29 PM
We all thought Pop could straighten out Stephen Jackson, and we all know what happened their. Like they say, "you can take the nigga out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the nigga."

SJax has always been a headcase and never showed any signs of changing on that front. When he was a contributor, Pop gave him enough minutes to tolerate his brash personality.

Cousins is completely different. Different personalities, different backgrounds, different attitudes. Not sure why you would compare the two except they're both black. But hey, racism is so edgy, right?

Floyd Pacquiao
11-21-2014, 12:30 PM
He's a hood nigga just like Jack, they can't be trusted.

RD2191
11-21-2014, 12:30 PM
He's a fucking piece of shit. Fuck that guy.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2014, 12:39 PM

:lol Have you ever watched a Kings' game where they weren't playing the Spurs?

Floyd Pacquiao
11-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Lol people wanna forget that he tried to fight Sean Elliott, and just a week ago came out talking shit to Charles Barkley.

100%duncan
11-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Yeah he also tried to punk TD 3 years ago. Sure a person cant grow within 3 years

RD2191
11-21-2014, 12:44 PM
:lol Have you ever watched a Kings' game where they weren't playing the Spurs?
Yes, I have. He is an offensive talent but he's still a head case. Pop would cut that guy in a week.

11-21-2014, 12:44 PM
:lol he's not a thug, he's just a giant man-baby. I kept hearing about how he "matured" over the summer during USA basketball but that Kings-Spurs game clearly showed he just a huge ass cry baby when he doesn't get his way. He's definitely an improved player though but I don't think he'll ever be mature enough to play in Pop's system. One benching and the guy looks like he'll pout until he gets traded.

RD2191
11-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Cousins hasn't grown. He was fagging it up all during the Spurs game. Even got a tech while on the bench.

100%duncan
11-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Watch his games against other teams. I tend to hate players when they play against us too

Cry Havoc
11-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Watch his games against other teams. I tend to hate players when they play against us too

:lol You're holding upstairs fans to far too high of a standard by expecting them to know anything outside of our rotation, the starting 5 of OKC, and whatever team LeBron is playing on.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Cousins hasn't grown. He was fagging it up all during the Spurs game. Even got a tech while on the bench.

Duncan got a tech recently. Guess we need to cut that dude.

benefactor
11-21-2014, 01:00 PM
:lol he's not a thug, he's just a giant man-baby. I kept hearing about how he "matured" over the summer during USA basketball but that Kings-Spurs game clearly showed he just a huge ass cry baby when he doesn't get his way. He's definitely an improved player though but I don't think he'll ever be mature enough to play in Pop's system. One benching and the guy looks like he'll pout until he gets traded.
:lol...truth bomb. This is the guy that still can't get over what Barkley said about him when he was in high school. He's a huge child that is one extra harsh fan criticism away from going into the stands Artest style.

Raven
11-21-2014, 01:00 PM
he's the antispurs tbh

Dex
11-21-2014, 01:20 PM
:lmao If Cousins came to the Spurs, everyone in this thread would suddenly be all over his nuts and talking about redemption stories.

bigfan
11-21-2014, 01:20 PM
He would last about 5 minutes as a Spur.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
:lmao If Cousins came to the Spurs, everyone in this thread would suddenly be all over his nuts and talking about redemption stories.

While simultaneously proclaiming their new dominance over the NBA and continuing to throw Parker under the bus. :lol

Baam
11-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Cousins is a legit franchise player who is only 24 and has 3 years left on his contract after this season... So yeah there's zero chance of him coming in the near future.

Even trading Kawhi wouldn't be enough.

DJR210
11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Can you imagine DeMarcus Cousins in a Spurs jersey running up in the At&t center stands and knocking out a bunch of fat San Antonians? Yes please :tu

buttsR4rebounding
11-21-2014, 02:07 PM
The Spurs would LOVE to have Cousins. Yes, he was an immature brat, but also look at the team he was playing with. Never in playoff contention, a bunch of me-first players. If everyone is me-first then the most talented guy feels like he can demand his. No one can defend him one-on-one. He abused Tim last game. I always thought that he was the steal of that draft at the No. 5 pick. I'd argue he is the most talented of that entire draft class. You could argue Wall or PG13. I believe you are about to see a string of All NBA years for Cousins.

SpurPadre
11-21-2014, 03:26 PM

I live in Fairfield, CA. which is around 40 minutes from Sacramento, so I get to see Kings games and hear stuff about him...and yeah, he's an equal-opportunity asshole. He's trying to change his persona a bit but he's never going to be a role model thus not Spurs material.

look_at_g_shred
11-21-2014, 03:30 PM
ANYONE THAT WILL MAKE US BETTER IS UP FOR GRABS IMHO

BatManu20
11-21-2014, 03:48 PM
:lol Cousins will never come to SA. He's likely going to re-sign with Sacto for the max, but if he did leave, it would be anywhere but here, away from Sean Elliott, tbh.

SpurSwag
11-21-2014, 03:49 PM
I would be unbelievably happy, but it won't happen. If he doesn't come to the Spurs, I'd love for him to stay in Sacramento though. I really like what they're building there, and it would be really cool for the Kings to be relevant again.

SpurSwag
11-21-2014, 03:53 PM
I really think this whole "Demarcus is immature," especially now, is really overblown. Yes he has a history of blowing up over pretty stupid stuff, and he commits pretty stupid fouls in the back court, but give me a guy who cares too much, is a monster inside, is improving on D, and is a pretty great teammate any day over a softie like Brook Lopez or Dwight. When I watch Kings games, especially now, I get the sense that he really wants to win above all else, he just gets too caught up in the heat of the moment and loses his cool. But he's making a great effort on D and has great skill for a big.

SpurPadre
11-21-2014, 04:05 PM
I would be unbelievably happy, but it won't happen. If he doesn't come to the Spurs, I'd love for him to stay in Sacramento though. I really like what they're building there, and it would be really cool for the Kings to be relevant again.

I don't know, I've pretty much set up my seating area as Spurs territory the last several years there, with several Spurs and Argentine Manu fans drowning out Kings fans. Good times. Except for last Saturday.

testies
11-21-2014, 04:40 PM
I think he's good on a team like Kings. During the World Cup he looked out of place compared to Davis and Faried. Couldn't even catch the ball and not travel.

He's getting so overrated because Kings are doing a cute little run. Imagine if other players got so much praise for winning like 6 or 7 games :lol :lol

PingPong
11-21-2014, 05:59 PM
If he comes to the Spurs, he will start to do layups all the time.

:lol:lol

Baam
11-21-2014, 06:00 PM
:lmao at the comparison with Faried who is an undersized scrub who cant defend and cant shoot, an homeless version of Blake Griffin...

Cousins on the other has dominated Gastrong and Noah in recent games, he's one of the best scoring 5 in the low post AND is starting to play defense seriously...

http://youtu.be/oJZCnatJ99E

^ look at that, that's a franchise player. Faried will never have that kind of talent.

exstatic
11-21-2014, 07:18 PM

Uriel
11-21-2014, 09:36 PM
SJax has always been a headcase and never showed any signs of changing on that front. When he was a contributor, Pop gave him enough minutes to tolerate his brash personality.

Cousins is completely different. Different personalities, different backgrounds, different attitudes. Not sure why you would compare the two except they're both black. But hey, racism is so edgy, right?
Cousins is probably 1/2 or 1/4 white, though. He's not as dark-skinned as Jackson.