PDA

View Full Version : TWO FAT GUYZ ( FOOD CRITICS)

TILDEN
11-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Hi!!!!!! guys been a while!! well we went to CHEDDERS at 410@151 . got a chicken fried steak. maybe a bad choice didnt have much of crust on it. wow sitting by window see lots of rain,thunder.lighting out there. so becareful out there. the cheese an mck was o k . the crosiant were great hot an with butter.mmmmmmmmmmm gooooood other party had lasagna look great but i didnt try it. we had a b d cake from lucy on 410 & marubach. area was great. only thing i didnt reall like was the line. if u dont get there early. the service was good an fast. i give it 5 out of 10. till next time

SnakeBoy
11-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the review Tilden. Don't wait so long for the next one.

bigzak25
11-22-2014, 09:16 PM
When you gonna review in and out. I haven't had it in years, like 05 or 06 when I was in cali, but damn these fools be lining up around the building for what I remember to be some seriously average shit. And never been to cheddars...

Chomag
11-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Chedders is great for a pretty good cheap drink. One of the lowest drink prices that I have found outside a happy hour in SA.

Their food was pretty decent untill they took off all of their best items off the menue recently

Blake
11-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Chedders is great for a pretty good cheap drink. One of the lowest drink prices that I have found outside a happy hour in SA.

Their food was pretty decent untill they took off all of their best items off the menue recently

? What'd they take off the menu?

I love Cheddars at I-10/ utsa parkway. 9/10, imo. I recommend the fried catfish. Also their ribeye is big, tasty and is only $13 with two sides.

Fabbs
11-22-2014, 10:12 PM
When you gonna review in and out. I haven't had it in years, like 05 or 06 when I was in cali, but damn these fools be lining up around the building for what I remember to be some seriously average shit. And never been to cheddars...
In n Out had several of the older owners pass away.
New one is said to have caved to the corporate greed mentality.
Aint what it used to be.
Still better then a lot of the other fast food burgers, but not the same as earlier In n Outs.

bigzak25
11-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Ill give it a second chance once the hoopla of the grand opening in sa is over, and maybe ill stop by cheddars one day as well. Ribeye sounds good.

Blake
11-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Ill give it a second chance once the hoopla of the grand opening in sa is over, and maybe ill stop by cheddars one day as well. Ribeye sounds good.

I thought I was taking a risk getting such a cheap steak, but damn it's delicious.

you get a load of quality food for a very good price.

just to add, every single time I've ordered a salad, it's a good size and the lettuce is always, always green with no brown edges. Good dressing too and it comes with that awesome croissant that tilden mentioned.

great atmosphere too.

DJR210
11-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Chedders food was in line with what you get from a Chili's, but their draft beer selection was shit (at the location on I-10 and 1604 at least) Draft Coors light or Bud Light? No thanks.

DJR210
11-22-2014, 10:54 PM
And what the fuck is the obsession with fucking In N Out?!? You got fat losers from California vs the fat losers from Texas bitching about whether In N Out or Whataburger is better..seeing that ridiculous line half a mile back (in the rain) is just a reminder of how fat this city truly is.

Blake
11-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Chedders food was in line with what you get from a Chili's, but their draft beer selection was shit (at the location on I-10 and 1604 at least) Draft Coors light or Bud Light? No thanks.

neh, i don't recommend beer there. But they make a good Painkiller if you like that type of drink.

Chilis blows, imo.

Blake
11-22-2014, 10:58 PM

neh, i don't recommend beer there. But they make a good Painkiller if you like that type of drink.

Chilis blows, imo.

DJR210
11-22-2014, 11:02 PM

Chilis blows, imo.

Yeah, Chili's is beyond garbage. They tried to modify their menu to some pseudo-mexican joint. Every item on the menu is spicy, or has japalenos or some stupid ass shit. I order the mac and cheese and they bring me some shit loaded with jalapenos? Sick. The only thing good about Chili's is it's a good place to stop by during lunch at work and get a beer and a bowl of enchilada soup, that's all IMO.

At one point I thought Chili's was a decent place for a cheap dinner and a beer, but they fucked up real good.

DJR210
11-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Also, never heard of a painkiller.. anything like a mind eraser?

benefactor
11-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Cheddar's is the super wealthy man's version of Chili's. I've liked most of what I've eaten there. It's one of those places you go when you don't want to cook at home and you want a good meal at a good price.

benefactor
11-22-2014, 11:07 PM
The one here has Sam Boston Lager on tap too. Much like the mold of the restaurant itself...that's a solid, drinkable dinner beer.

Blake
11-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Also, never heard of a painkiller.. anything like a mind eraser?

Mind eraser is coffee-ish flavored.

Pain killer is tropical. Coconut, pineapple, oj, rum, etc.

They put some kind of syrup around the rim and then dip it in baked coconut shavings. Very sweet tasting. I have to be careful not to slam it.

DJR210
11-22-2014, 11:10 PM
.that's a solid, drinkable dinner beer.

Yes sir.. Sam's got some pretty good beers

Blake
11-22-2014, 11:11 PM
The one here has Sam Boston Lager on tap too. Much like the mold of the restaurant itself...that's a solid, drinkable dinner beer.

Mmmmm. Can never go wrong with Samuel.

DJR210
11-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Mind eraser is coffee-ish flavored.

Pain killer is tropical. Coconut, pineapple, oj, rum, etc.

They put some kind of syrup around the rim and then dip it in baked coconut shavings. Very sweet tasting. I have to be careful not to slam it.

Man..got me in the mood to drink now.. I'm craving some Sapphire and tonic with some limes

TILDEN
11-24-2014, 12:32 AM
i will but when crowd die down