PDA

View Full Version : Has there been a slower healer in Spurs history than the Golden God Splitter?

Darius McCrary
11-22-2014, 10:39 PM
tbh....

Uriel
11-22-2014, 10:40 PM
The problem isn't that he's healing slowly; it's that they can't figure out what's wrong with him in the first place.

ginobilized
11-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Timvp?

jeebus
11-22-2014, 10:57 PM
He had the same issue at the start of last year iirc. Nig took his sweet time coming back from an "injury".

Bartleby
11-22-2014, 10:59 PM
He had the same issue at the start of last year iirc. Nig took his sweet time coming back from an "injury".

Yeah, and look how that turned out.

jeebus
11-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Yeah, and look how that turned out.
A whole lot of Errors and a general inability to beat a team over .500 throughout the season. Then Errors got benched in the playoffs and the Spurs won it all. Coincidence?

Darius McCrary
11-22-2014, 11:05 PM
He takes forever to come back and then takes forever to be in prime form.

He makes Manu Ginobili look like Wolverine

TheGreatYacht
11-22-2014, 11:16 PM
This could be a blessing in disguise. Who knows, maybe Aron Baynes finally unveils his full potential and cracks the rotation.

Baam
11-22-2014, 11:20 PM
It's especially a blessing for Kawhi who is better with Diaw anyway and is way more likely to be selected as an all star now.

mookie2001
11-23-2014, 12:13 AM
He's like New Orleans after katrina

Mikeanaro
11-23-2014, 12:38 AM
Back issues are not to take them lightly, remember what happened to TJ Ford.

Blue Duck
11-23-2014, 07:30 PM
He's like Magic's aids.........."damn, it seems like this job is taking longer than usual, right guys?" Sorry, that was insensitive.

Blue Duck
11-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Tiago's doctors track his progress with the Chinese zodiac calendar.

Blue Duck
11-23-2014, 07:51 PM
tiago heals like old people f#!$k

RD2191
11-23-2014, 07:58 PM

:lol

testies
11-23-2014, 08:08 PM
He played his whole career in Europe, his body is still getting used to these monkeyballers banging bodies with him

Mnky
11-23-2014, 11:13 PM

MI21
11-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Saving himself to play the unrecognized because he isn't black/white american lockdown defense on the leagues best bigs in the playoffs, tbh.

DrSteffo
11-24-2014, 01:23 AM
He is just trolling some stupid people on ST tbh.

CitizenDwayne
11-24-2014, 01:43 AM
He'll be fine.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-24-2014, 05:29 PM
:lol simpletons freaking about the Spurs being conservative about a player returning from injury.

Who is Greg Popovich and what things are he noted for as a coach?

hmmm. . . . .

Dex
11-24-2014, 06:05 PM
:lol simpletons freaking about the Spurs being conservative about a player returning from injury.

hmmm. . . . .

Greg Popovich is an adjunct instructor for St. Peterburg College. (http://www.spcollege.edu/instructors/id/popovich.greg)

Proxy
11-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Whatever it takes. He may be the slowest healer, but the team needs him for DAL, POR, and MEM. As long as he's healthy when it counts.

ceperez
11-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Fingers crossed that it isn't serious.

These centers tend to be very fragile, you just never know if it is a career ending problem!

Mal
11-25-2014, 04:43 AM
As long as he is healthy in June

Brazil
11-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Here a quote from Splitter 4 days ago:

– Agora, a gente já está sem previsão de volta. Não sei se uma semana, duas semanas ou três semanas.He is saying, as of now there is no timetable for my return. I don't know if it's going to be one week, two weeks or three weeks.

In same article, Tiago said Spurs med checked his back to understand if his calf issue is somehow linked to back issue but results went negatives. It seems it is only issue with his calf but for whatever reason healing process is much longer than normal.

Brazil
11-25-2014, 07:44 AM
whole quote:

“I’m very upset and stressed because I can’t play. I just want to play, I just want back to the court. It’s a boring injury, but is the kind of thing you need to have patience. That’s the word this time. I suffered the calf injury in the end of September, during the second day of preseason. Then I tried to re-train and felt a lot of pain. I ended up recovering and I played a game (against Hawks), but during the game I felt pain and I gave up. From there, I follow doing the treatment and tests, but I still cannot get back.
I don’t know when I will return. I do not know if one week, two weeks or three weeks. I do examinations and physiotherapy. We looked to see if the problem was the back, we are trying to get it over with this. But they saw that there is no problem in the back and that is even just in the calf. I’m practicing. I can’t practice with the team, but I’m doing rehabilitation every day. I just want to solve this. I want to play.”

Brazil
11-25-2014, 07:45 AM
This injury is quite worrisome... there is something wrong but nobody seems capable to figure out what

DesignatedT
11-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Like spraining an ankle. Once you do it once you are prone to do it over and over if you don't let it heal right. Guy has had calf strain problems his whole career it seems.

PingPong
11-25-2014, 12:45 PM
This injury is quite worrisome... there is something wrong but nobody seems capable to figure out what

Feels weird. The doctors said the back issue isn't related to the calf problems but they can't figure it. WTF? Nowadays, the medicine has fantastic resources, capable to check every piece of the human body and they still can't figure it? Splitter should spent his spare time training shoots.

Brazil
11-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Feels weird. The doctors said the back issue isn't related to the calf problems but they can't figure it. WTF? Nowadays, the medicine has fantastic resources, capable to check every piece of the human body and they still can't figure it? Splitter should spent his spare time training shoots.

or the calf issue is not related to back issues

but yeah overall that's pretty fucked up, I hope it's not a lingering injury.. it seems muscle don't want to heal properly

lefty
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
David Robinson tbh

Uriel
11-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Greg Popovich is an adjunct instructor for St. Peterburg College. (http://www.spcollege.edu/instructors/id/popovich.greg)

:lmao

:rollin

Uriel
11-26-2014, 04:40 AM

hmmm. . . . .
It isn't so much Pop being conservative about Splitter's return so much as it is the medical staff not even knowing what's wrong with him in the first place. Don't you think that's a legitimate cause for concern?

ceperez
11-26-2014, 06:29 AM
This really doesn't sound good when something that is supposed to heal isn't healing and you don't know why.

Spurs should be shopping for yet another backup center.

Fireball
11-26-2014, 07:03 AM

only if another big injures himself ... but right now we can live with Duncan, Diaw, Baynes, Bonner and Ayres. its not as if Pop would chose to play a new big over these guys

FuzzyLumpkins
11-26-2014, 04:12 PM
It isn't so much Pop being conservative about Splitter's return so much as it is the medical staff not even knowing what's wrong with him in the first place. Don't you think that's a legitimate cause for concern?

I think that the Spurs much like the Patriots and now Cowboys are notorious for being coy about injuries. They know it s a nerve issue. They wanted to make sure that it was not being created by a back injury ie chronic. Doctors often cannot pinpoint ultimate cause but that is not reason for concern.

The concern is if it is not getting better and they are coy about prognosis as a matter of policy.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-26-2014, 04:13 PM
This really doesn't sound good when something that is supposed to heal isn't healing and you don't know why.

Nerve damage heals slowly. It is that way of things.

littlecoyotecoin
11-26-2014, 04:47 PM

:lmao

:rollin

Wasn't THAT funny.

Sure, it backfired on Dex, but not a rotflol backfire. When you go Spelling Nazi on the dude, you want to make sure you spell "St. Petersburg" correctly, but sometimes things just don't pan out. Luckily, his target didn't catch it. Maybe no one will notice :)

FuzzyLumpkins
11-26-2014, 05:06 PM
spelling smack is so lame unless you cannot understand them or it becomes a pun else it is worthless pettiness.

milkyway21
12-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Splitter will be back against Utah? :wakeup

Mel_13
12-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Limited to just 10 minutes this season by a calf injury that the Spurs have kept close to their vest, Splitter could return as soon as Tuesday’s road game at Utah for what head coach Gregg Popovich termed “quite short minutes.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/12/06/splitter-could-return-as-soon-as-tuesday/

Dex
12-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Limited to just 10 minutes this season by a calf injury that the Spurs have kept close to their vest, Splitter could return as soon as Tuesday’s road game at Utah for what head coach Gregg Popovich termed “quite short minutes.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/12/06/splitter-could-return-as-soon-as-tuesday/

I'll believe it when I see it, tbh.

And by that, I mean I want to see Splitter actually play through a few games without managing to sprain his vagina again.

Skull-1
12-07-2014, 01:03 PM
tbh....

So long as he heals, unlike Mr. Glass (Manu) who is always hurt. Never healed.

Expert
12-07-2014, 01:24 PM
winning Euroleague MVP and World Championship in the NBA of course has drained his battery.

Mr Bones
12-07-2014, 01:38 PM
winning Euroleague MVP and World Championship in the NBA of course has drained his battery.

And the Olympic Gold.

Mr Bones
12-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Complaining that a player isn't healing "fast enough" makes no sense. It's like telling someone in a car wreck to stop bleeding so much. Obviously Splitter wants to play. Criticizing him is silly.

Fireball
12-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Complaining that a player isn't healing "fast enough" makes no sense. It's like telling someone in a car wreck to stop bleeding so much. Obviously Splitter wants to play. Criticizing him is silly.

absolutely agree ... everybody should stop bitching about Splitter

Skull-1
12-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Better he heal slowly and properly lest he break down when we need him.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Yea I don't want tiago to comeback till he's ready. If that means till after the allstar break than so be it. I want that pussy nice and tight ready to go for the playoffs.

BillMc
12-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Better he gets fully healed now, than has something lingering in April.

Ice009
12-07-2014, 08:27 PM
absolutely agree ... everybody should stop bitching about Splitter

I understand this stance, but I also don't think some people get that Tim is being ridden even more due to Splitter being out. I don't see anyone here mentioning that at all. That is my main concern most of the time with Splitter being out. It's really not helping Tim at all.

All you guys that are saying take his time, are any of you actually thinking about the extra minutes Tim has to play? Spurs have a brutal stretch coming up against good teams and Tim will probably have to play more minutes.

The Spurs would be fucked if Baynes hadn't improved from his early season play. I'm very glad Baynes has stepped up.

mkurts
12-07-2014, 10:59 PM

Has Splitter recently said he wants to play ? Where is that from ?

littlecoyotecoin
12-07-2014, 11:12 PM
I understand this stance, but I also don't think some people get that Tim is being ridden even more due to Splitter being out. I don't see anyone here mentioning that at all. That is my main concern most of the time with Splitter being out. It's really not helping Tim at all.

All you guys that are saying take his time, are any of you actually thinking about the extra minutes Tim has to play? Spurs have a brutal stretch coming up against good teams and Tim will probably have to play more minutes.

The Spurs would be fucked if Baynes hadn't improved from his early season play. I'm very glad Baynes has stepped up.

I do wish Tim would get more rest. However, I am much more worried, and have been for a long time, about Tony and Gino's minutes. With Patty out, I've been afraid we're going to wear Parker out, and we have been. Cojo is doing a pretty decent job, but we're still short on play-makers. Thank goodness Belli is back. He's not ideal, either, but in Patty's absence, Parker's new hammy injury, Gino's ever present birth-date, and Cojo's limited play-making ability, anyone that can handle the ball a little bit is needed.

We have quite a few more options to spell Duncan. I don't think his minutes will be up this year.

Mr Bones
12-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Has Splitter recently said he wants to play ? Where is that from ?

http://projectspurs.com/2014-articles/splitter-upset-and-stressed-over-recent-calf-injury.html

testies
12-08-2014, 12:57 AM
I think its more him getting a rest after a tiresome world cup

Johnny RIngo
12-08-2014, 01:31 AM
Spurs have to step letting their guys(especially the injury prone ones) play in these third rate international tourneys. If they want to play in the Olympics - fine. But the Eurobasket and World Cup nonsense has to stop. Theses are meaningless competitions in the grand scheme of things.