08-29-2005, 12:04 PM
youre gay gayness

Louae
08-29-2005, 12:59 PM
predictions?
will Texas cover?

Texas 48
ULL 10

who cares if UT covers the spread on a glorified scrimmage.

Willinsa
08-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I say

UT 66
LALA 10

N.Y. Johnny
08-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Texas 56
LALA 9

Hook Em' Horns! :lmao i've always liked sayin that

word
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
SA Express says Texas will hyperventilate on it's own hype.

Good god, SA is a terrible sports town. What do you people do when the spurs lose ?

Do a drive-by and murder your children ? Eat massive amounts of tacos while not reading ? Drive the wrong way on the freeway and kill people...?

That's my impression of SA after 2 1/2 years of living here. Un-educated, fat, stupid, no driving, child abusing, violent paint sniffing gang members.

This is the mexican version of New Orleans, only...not as much fun and without the hurricanes.

SA Express paper is horrible beyond description. The sports page is even worse.

It reflects the population.

So with that said, if the brilliant people at the SA Express pick a Texas meltdown, take the Horns by a billion.

N.Y. Johnny
08-30-2005, 12:03 AM
SA Express says Texas will hyperventilate on it's own hype.

Good god, SA is a terrible sports town. What do you people do when the spurs lose ?

Do a drive-by and murder your children ? Eat massive amounts of tacos while not reading ? Drive the wrong way on the freeway and kill people...?

That's my impression of SA after 2 1/2 years of living here. Un-educated, fat, stupid, no driving, child abusing, violent paint sniffing gang members.

This is the mexican version of New Orleans, only...not as much fun and without the hurricanes.

SA Express paper is horrible beyond description. The sports page is even worse.

It reflects the population.

So with that said, if the brilliant people at the SA Express pick a Texas meltdown, take the Horns by a billion.

:lmao

Ballcox
08-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah, this game is pretty much nothing more than a scrimmage for the Horns, I would expect them to win somewhere in that 56-10 range. There will be some interesting positions to watch (if you're a Horns fan).

* Selvin Young at RB. Have heard a lot about how he's 'bulked' up while away from the team. From others have heard he's weighs too much and isn't in football shape. Would like to see good production from him this Saturday. Also really excited about seeing J. Charles get some touches at RB, evidently he's looked really good in practice and if Selvin can't get his fat ass into shape, J. Charles could take over the starting RB position. Also looking forward to seeing H. Melton run the ball. At about 6'2 and 270lbs, he has been laying some people OUT in practice, don't think I've ever see a RB this big play for UT.

* The WR's need to step up and make some plays, show some good hands and route running. From last year I know they do a good job of blocking downfield, not worried about that, I just want to see some catches and some chemistry throwing the ball. L. Sweed and B. Carter are projected starters, but B. Pittman, J. Shipley, Q. Crosby and T. Gatewood should get some looks.

* I'm really looking forward to seeing what Chizik has done with the defense. Got to have more pressure from the front 4 of Robison, Dibbles, Wright and Crowder. Also looking for some of the young DE's like Orakpo and Lewis to get in there and show something. Also found out RS Fresh. Bobino will start at SLB, he has the makings of a play maker and beat out some guys with much more experience to win that job.

* Romance Taylor, the name says enough. He'll line up at RB, in the slot, at WR, all over the place. The guy is a play maker in the mold of Bush from USC and I can't wait to see his skills on display Saturday night!

* Vince Young. Already know what he can do with his feet, but I really want to see him take some time in the pocket and make his reads/progressions with the passing game. He isn't going to be able to win every game with his feet, he's going to have to make accurate throws down the field during the season.

* Last is special teams. If there is one thing that kept Michigan in the Rose Bowl it was the amazing field position they had throughout the game from kickoff returns. There has to be an improvement in kickoff and punt coverage, need to see that. Also interested to see how R. McGee handles himself now that he's the punter and the kicker. Thought Pino would win the battle for place kicker, but oh well.

Bascially I'm so damn nervous and hyped about the season the I'm having trouble sleeping at night. God help me when we're getting ready to play against Ohio State!

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 12:25 PM
the only question i had is running the ball in short yardage, selvin and ramonce arent known as power runners but if melton can hold on to the ball hopefully he'll have some 4 yds rushing 3 TD games

Louae
08-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, this game is pretty much nothing more than a scrimmage for the Horns, I would expect them to win somewhere in that 56-10 range. There will be some interesting positions to watch (if you're a Horns fan).

* Selvin Young at RB. Have heard a lot about how he's 'bulked' up while away from the team. From others have heard he's weighs too much and isn't in football shape. Would like to see good production from him this Saturday. Also really excited about seeing J. Charles get some touches at RB, evidently he's looked really good in practice and if Selvin can't get his fat ass into shape, J. Charles could take over the starting RB position. Also looking forward to seeing H. Melton run the ball. At about 6'2 and 270lbs, he has been laying some people OUT in practice, don't think I've ever see a RB this big play for UT.

* The WR's need to step up and make some plays, show some good hands and route running. From last year I know they do a good job of blocking downfield, not worried about that, I just want to see some catches and some chemistry throwing the ball. L. Sweed and B. Carter are projected starters, but B. Pittman, J. Shipley, Q. Crosby and T. Gatewood should get some looks.

* I'm really looking forward to seeing what Chizik has done with the defense. Got to have more pressure from the front 4 of Robison, Dibbles, Wright and Crowder. Also looking for some of the young DE's like Orakpo and Lewis to get in there and show something. Also found out RS Fresh. Bobino will start at SLB, he has the makings of a play maker and beat out some guys with much more experience to win that job.

* Romance Taylor, the name says enough. He'll line up at RB, in the slot, at WR, all over the place. The guy is a play maker in the mold of Bush from USC and I can't wait to see his skills on display Saturday night!

* Vince Young. Already know what he can do with his feet, but I really want to see him take some time in the pocket and make his reads/progressions with the passing game. He isn't going to be able to win every game with his feet, he's going to have to make accurate throws down the field during the season.

* Last is special teams. If there is one thing that kept Michigan in the Rose Bowl it was the amazing field position they had throughout the game from kickoff returns. There has to be an improvement in kickoff and punt coverage, need to see that. Also interested to see how R. McGee handles himself now that he's the punter and the kicker. Thought Pino would win the battle for place kicker, but oh well.

Bascially I'm so damn nervous and hyped about the season the I'm having trouble sleeping at night. God help me when we're getting ready to play against Ohio State!

The only thing I'm getting out of this game is a nice evening of eye candy and an afternoon of tailgating b/c this game will be over after the first possession.

Ballcox
08-30-2005, 01:56 PM
^ Hey, I'm with ya. I love home games and college football, nothing like hanging out with friends and tailgating for a while before the game. And this should be a very easy one, would just like to see some guys at the above mentioned positions play well.

scott
08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
39.5 is a tough spread to cover... but not too tough if they pitch a shutout (which isn't very unlikely). While I think the Horns can cover, I'm taking the points (safer bet)

Horry For 3!
09-02-2005, 01:00 AM
My friend will be at the game.

Horry For 3!
09-02-2005, 01:05 AM

I haven't heard of Selvin being fat and out of shape but I guess we'll see Saturday.
H. Melton, 6'2 270 lbs....thats a big dude right there.

mookie2001
09-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Henry Melton...can...do...it...all...

cecil collins
09-03-2005, 09:58 AM
When they signed him, I had no idea what they'd do with him. I thought maybe DE or LB, but he could be one hell of a halfback. I'm so excited to see how they do, and I wonder if Mack will try to put on a Vince Young passing exhibition to get the Buckeyes worrying about that. Or, they could run run run, and reveal less about the plan against STate. But all that would be overlooking ULL.

ICE3000
09-03-2005, 11:24 AM
what time does the game start?

cecil collins
09-03-2005, 12:15 PM
6pm central, and it's on Fox Sports Net.

Horry For 3!
09-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I'll be at the game :smokin

cecil collins
09-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Halftime, 39-3. A lot of good things. The offense looks really sharp, but Selvin put the ball on the ground and the FG unit scares me(3 missed EP's.) Like what I see from the D-Line, but we'll see what they do next week against a more talented O-line. Jammal Charles looks like he could steal the job away from Selvin. I liked Melton's carry on 3rd and 2, he hurdled a guy. Vince passed to wide open guy after wide open guy. Hope some backups do well in the 2nd half. Give Melton 15 carries.

Sense
09-03-2005, 09:22 PM
60-3 :lmao 2:50 in the 4th

N.Y. Johnny
09-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Good to see the Horns survived this scare tonight :lmao

Horry For 3!
09-04-2005, 12:55 AM
It was pretty fun at the game even though it was a blow out. :tu

cecil collins
09-04-2005, 11:21 AM
It was an exhibition of talents for the team. I am impressed with the mix of running backs and Vince Young was very impressive. Can't wait for Saturday.