PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Scott Brooks...

djohn2oo8
11-23-2014, 09:40 PM
How is he 3-12 with that team? Even without Westbrook and Durant, they should be at least .500.

HemisfairArena
11-23-2014, 09:43 PM
They should not be .500 in the West minus Westbrick and Durcan't,,,,where do you get that from?

AussieFanKurt
11-23-2014, 09:43 PM
are you serious or

djohn2oo8
11-23-2014, 09:47 PM
They should not be .500 in the West minus Westbrick and Durcan't,,,,where do you get that from?

are you serious or
A decent coach would make better use of Jackson/Ibaka/Adams

Spurs9
11-23-2014, 09:53 PM
:lol didn't realize they were 3-12 tbh

Chinook
11-23-2014, 09:59 PM
OKC's problem is that they didn't trade some of their assets for proven players. No way do I look at that roster and see a .500 team.

D-Wade
11-23-2014, 10:04 PM
A lot of OKC's games have been close. If they had one of their two closers, it would likely be a different outcome. On the other hand, Brooks' unimaginative playcalling is even more obvious now... He also needs to rein in guys like Reggie Jackson who is talented no doubt, but shouldn't be allowed to chuck they way he does.

djohn2oo8
11-23-2014, 10:05 PM
OKC's problem is that they didn't trade some of their assets for proven players. No way do I look at that roster and see a .500 team.
They aren't a 3-12 team either, talent wise

100%duncan
11-23-2014, 10:06 PM
They are not a .500 roster. What are you smoking?

And yes Brooks does suck but still.

ElNono
11-23-2014, 10:06 PM

maybe you're just overrating a couple of guys there...

RsxPiimp
11-23-2014, 10:10 PM
The coach is only as good as the talent on the floor. At best, they should be 5-10, 3-12 is about right for a team missing it's Top 2 players.

Silver&Black
11-23-2014, 10:11 PM
How is he 3-12 with that team? Even without Westbrook and Durant, they should be at least .500.

So the Thunder lose their two best offensive players (basically their only two proven scorers)...and you expect them to be "at least .500". You do understand they play in the Western Conference right?

I'm not trying to give Scott Brooks a pass here....but seriously what do you expect the Thunder team to do without KD and Westbrook? I'm pretty sure Pop, Phil Jackson, and Pat Riley would have trouble reaching .500 with this squad in the West right now.

Reck
11-23-2014, 10:12 PM

What would a few more wins do? They'd still be an under .500 team.

This team has more problems than the coach at this point. A team with no true leader is fucked.

cjw
11-23-2014, 10:15 PM

Pistons, Jazz, Nuggets, Nets x2, Bucks so six of their losses have come against teams that likely won't make the playoffs (in the Nets case it depends on how much the rest of the conference stinks it up). They've had a cakewalk of a schedule to date - wins have been Nuggets, Celtics and Kings (who have improved but still won't make playoffs), and it'll only get harder.

If they don't win at least three of their next six before the Cavs game, they'll be kicking themselves (Utah, Knicks, Philly, NO, Detroit, Milwaukee). 3-3 still leaves them at 6-15 and having to go 42-19 the rest of the way to get to 48 wins, which is 56 win pace (i.e. #1 seed pace) with a tougher than average schedule.

lefty
11-23-2014, 10:16 PM
WE WILL SEE

djohn2oo8
11-23-2014, 10:18 PM
So the Thunder lose their two best offensive players (basically their only two proven scorers)...and you expect them to be "at least .500". You do understand they play in the Western Conference right?

I'm not trying to give Scott Brooks a pass here....but seriously what do you expect the Thunder team to do without KD and Westbrook? I'm pretty sure Pop, Phil Jackson, and Pat Riley would have trouble reaching .500 with this squad in the West right now.

Well they lost 6 games to teams they should have beat, and better coaching likely does. Nets, Nuggets, Jazz, Pistons, Bucks, Nets again. Win those games, they're 9-6 at this point.

Dex
11-23-2014, 10:30 PM
If only they had a legitimate scoring option from the bench to move into the starting lineup and carry the load...

Silver&Black
11-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Well they lost 6 games to teams they should have beat, and better coaching likely does. Nets, Nuggets, Jazz, Pistons, Bucks, Nets again. Win those games, they're 9-6 at this point.

I obviously think losing Westbrook and Durant is a bigger deal than you seem to think it is.

Could the Thunder have won a couple of the games that they lost with better coaching.....probably.
Is this Thunder team (minus Westbrook and Durant) a .500 team? Hell no......

Seriously, do you understand how the entire offensive and defensive play calling has changed with the subtraction of those two guys? It takes time for the players to make that kind of adjustment.

baseline bum
11-23-2014, 10:54 PM

They have one quality starter in Ibaka and one decent bench guy in Jackson. 3-12 seems about right. They're the 2010 Cavs minus LeBron.

UZER
11-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Theyre missing 30 free throws a game.

DPG21920
11-23-2014, 11:34 PM
:lol OP that is a crazy take. Brooks is an awful coach no matter what, but they are not a talented team at all sans WB/KD. They have good players, but they are actually much more competitive than they should be at the moment.

Splits
11-23-2014, 11:37 PM
I obviously think losing Westbrook and Durant is a bigger deal than you seem to think it is.

Could the Thunder have won a couple of the games that they lost with better coaching.....probably.
Is this Thunder team (minus Westbrook and Durant) a .500 team? Hell no......

Seriously, do you understand how the entire offensive and defensive play calling has changed with the subtraction of those two guys? It takes time for the players to make that kind of adjustment.

So you think Brooks could have kept a Spurs team losing Duncan/Parker/Gino/Leonard/Green for weeks at a time last year at .500?

Or put another way, you don't think Pop could lead a Jackson/Ibaka/Lamb/Perkins/Collison/Morrow/Adams/Telfair team to .500 over a couple of weeks?

MI21
11-23-2014, 11:38 PM
:lol, that roster is so awful I'm actually surprised they have won 3 games. It could have been more but obviously they won't win any close games with that roster.

:lol Steven Adams

100%duncan
11-23-2014, 11:52 PM
So you think Brooks could have kept a Spurs team losing Duncan/Parker/Gino/Leonard/Green for weeks at a time last year at .500?

Or put another way, you don't think Pop could lead a Jackson/Ibaka/Lamb/Perkins/Collison/Morrow/Adams/Telfair team to .500 over a couple of weeks?

I don't.

Silver&Black
11-23-2014, 11:57 PM

It takes time to adjust Splitty. I don't expect the Thunder to lose their two best players (by far)....and keep a .500 record. No coach....not even Pop....could just snap his fingers and get the "others" to pick up the slack left by those two guys.

I agree with a lot of people in this thread....3 wins so far (with the KEY losses of KD and Westbrook) isn't really that bad. Could it be 1 or 2 games better? Sure. Could it be 9-6 like dumbjohn suggested? Not so sure about that one....

Splits
11-24-2014, 12:00 AM
It takes time to adjust Splitty. I don't expect the Thunder to lose their two best players (by far)....and keep a .500 record. No coach....not even Pop....could just snap his fingers and get the "others" to pick up the slack left by those two guys.

I agree with a lot of people in this thread....3 wins so far (with the KEY losses of KD and Westbrook) isn't really that bad. Could it be 1 or 2 games better? Sure. Could it be 9-6 like dumbjohn suggested? Not so sure about that one....

It comes down to substituting Pop vs substituting Pop + his system. Pop + system and that's a .500 team. Pop in a vacuum, I agree with you.

100%duncan
11-24-2014, 12:12 AM
It comes down to substituting Pop vs substituting Pop + his system. Pop + system and that's a .500 team. Pop in a vacuum, I agree with you.

Pop will not have a system 12 games into the season. And Pop doesn't just bring the system because the players make the system. Heck I can't even pin-point a player better than Danny Green with that roster.

Malik Hairston
11-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Ya, not sure what OP is talking about, they have one of the worst rosters in the league, at the moment..

Jackson is literally their only reliable shot-creator..

scanry
11-24-2014, 12:23 AM
:lol, that roster is so awful I'm actually surprised they have won 3 games. It could have been more but obviously they won't win any close games with that roster.

:lol Steven Adams

Them Honkies overrated Adams big time last season (and Collison in 2012).

This is an ideal time for the CBA to revise the max contracts tbh. The role players would look like this without max players tbh.

MI21
11-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Them Honkies overrated Adams big time last season (and Collison in 2012).

This is an ideal time for the CBA to revise the max contracts tbh. The role players would look like this without max players tbh.

Future hall of famer Steven Adams :lol

DMC
11-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Didn't you lose to the shittiest team in the league? Just curious.

DMC
11-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Ya, not sure what OP is talking about, they have one of the worst rosters in the league, at the moment..

Jackson is literally their only reliable shot-creator..
And you're using "reliable" as lightly as you possibly can without saying "questionable".

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-24-2014, 01:25 AM
I thought Ibaka could step up in situations like this one but apparently not. Jackson is their only creator, as mentioned, and he's chucking at Westbrook level. Their roster is shit and they don't have a system, so 3-12 is about right even with a very favorable schedule so far.

The only team that could lose their 2 best players and still be around .500 are the Spurs.

Splits
11-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Future hall of famer Steven Adams :lol

:cry next Laimbeer :cry

JohnnyMax
11-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Reggie Jackson = Kevin Love

He's putting empty stats and one of the games they won was without him.

Franklin
11-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Didn't you lose to the shittiest team in the league? Just curious.
They didn't lose to the Sixers imho, but still :lol

FkLA
11-24-2014, 05:50 AM
dumbjohn2oo8 strikes again tbh.

BatManu20
11-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Good news for them is that they play the Jazz, Knicks, Sixers, Pistons, and Bucks next, so they should win at least 3 or 4 of those tbh.